Switch Theme:

Psychic Awakening N&R - New trailer page 106  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in se
Regular Dakkanaut




As a BA player in holiday season I could perhaps have asked for a BA codex/supplement as a gift but I dont want a PA book shared with tyranids so they are losing one sale here at least.

Its basically a BA codex/supplement yet not for some weird reason. It even has more datasheets and rules than the marine supplements and yet not a separate book for them. Instead of prolonging the supplement release cycle they just padded the PA cycle with a supplement + wd article.

Probably hoping to get those who want the whole PA set, those who would want a BA supplement and those desperate Tyranids players to all buy it for 3x the sales of just a BA supplement. Think they are shooting themselves in the foot though since none of the other BA players I have talked to have been interested in this book but would have been more interested in a pure BA book.
   
Made in ch
Revered Rogue Psyker





 An Actual Englishman wrote:
SamusDrake wrote:
After watching the GMG review of Blood of Baal its practically a second blood angels supplement with a few pages of Tyranid stuff at the back. If you are only interested in the tyranid stuff...its quite expensive for what could have been a WD article.

Mephiston does look rather swanky, but a new plastic Lictor/deathleaper or even The Red Terror would have been an ideal release for this episode of Psychic Awakening.


This.

It's an absolute disgrace, really.

Pages dedicated to Blood Angels - 40.

Pages dedicated to Tyranids - 9.

GW are flipping the finger to Xenos players, at this point.



Did someone honestly expect that nids would get even a 3rd of content then SM?

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page

A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.
_______________________________

Who would win:
10'000 + years of veterancy, or some raidy Boys?
Trick Question, of course it's the loyalists!

(Not Online in regards to the new Red Corsair battalion CP boost and 8th edition.) 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




Klickor wrote:
As a BA player in holiday season I could perhaps have asked for a BA codex/supplement as a gift but I dont want a PA book shared with tyranids so they are losing one sale here at least.

Its basically a BA codex/supplement yet not for some weird reason. It even has more datasheets and rules than the marine supplements and yet not a separate book for them. Instead of prolonging the supplement release cycle they just padded the PA cycle with a supplement + wd article.

Probably hoping to get those who want the whole PA set, those who would want a BA supplement and those desperate Tyranids players to all buy it for 3x the sales of just a BA supplement. Think they are shooting themselves in the foot though since none of the other BA players I have talked to have been interested in this book but would have been more interested in a pure BA book.


Its definitely a Blood Angel book more than one for Nid players. The last few pages are basically "cough - Tyranids - cough" and the rest are all yours.

Treat yourself!

Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
Made in gr
Regular Dakkanaut





Most of the BA pages are phobos datasheets already released on the pdf patch ...copy paste...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/12/01 20:46:52


 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




 An Actual Englishman wrote:
SamusDrake wrote:
After watching the GMG review of Blood of Baal its practically a second blood angels supplement with a few pages of Tyranid stuff at the back. If you are only interested in the tyranid stuff...its quite expensive for what could have been a WD article.

Mephiston does look rather swanky, but a new plastic Lictor/deathleaper or even The Red Terror would have been an ideal release for this episode of Psychic Awakening.


This.

It's an absolute disgrace, really.

Pages dedicated to Blood Angels - 40.

Pages dedicated to Tyranids - 9.

GW are flipping the finger to Xenos players, at this point.

They've been doing that since the literal start.

tremere47-fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate, leads to triple riptide spam  
   
Made in us
Strangely Beautiful Daemonette of Slaanesh






I dunno I think its a little easier to stomach supplements being rebranded as PA books than the alternative which would be just more marine supplements with the usual GW stamp of Imperial purity.
   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





assuming 1 page of a data slate and 1 page of fluff for each phobos unit that's 20 pages. I can't see how english gentleman's page count of 40 works unless flesh tearers are getting a full supplement treatment in this book, with both blood angels and flesh tearers a page of relics, warlord traits etc each

even then with the most inflated guessing I can guess 40 pages seems like a exaggeration, (the most I could get it up to is 35)

can to ellaborate on this english gentleman? is it 40 or "nearly 40"?

as for tyranids, I can see 7 pages if they give each hive fleet one physic power only.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/12/01 21:10:58


Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in gb
Dive-Bombin' Fighta-Bomba Pilot






BrianDavion wrote:
assuming 1 page of a data slate and 1 page of fluff for each phobos unit that's 20 pages. I can't see how english gentleman's page count of 40 works unless flesh tearers are getting a full supplement treatment in this book, with both blood angels and flesh tearers a page of relics, warlord traits etc each

even then with the most inflated guessing I can guess 40 pages seems like a exaggeration, (the most I could get it up to is 35)

can to ellaborate on this english gentleman? is it 40 or "nearly 40"?

as for tyranids, I can see 7 pages if they give each hive fleet one physic power only.


It's exactly 40.

Nids are exactly 9.

Both include name generators (for Nids?! Lol).

If you'd like more details I'd suggest watching a review of the book, as I did.
   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





 An Actual Englishman wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
assuming 1 page of a data slate and 1 page of fluff for each phobos unit that's 20 pages. I can't see how english gentleman's page count of 40 works unless flesh tearers are getting a full supplement treatment in this book, with both blood angels and flesh tearers a page of relics, warlord traits etc each

even then with the most inflated guessing I can guess 40 pages seems like a exaggeration, (the most I could get it up to is 35)

can to ellaborate on this english gentleman? is it 40 or "nearly 40"?

as for tyranids, I can see 7 pages if they give each hive fleet one physic power only.


It's exactly 40.

Nids are exactly 9.

Both include name generators (for Nids?! Lol).

If you'd like more details I'd suggest watching a review of the book, as I did.


I can't stand video reviews, some guy slowly flipping the pages the camera often poorly in focus often babbling about gak I don't care about. I'd much rather read a written review, sadly those seem to be view and far in between as it's easier to just turn the camera on and run stream of thought for 20 minutes

Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in fi
Chaplain with Hate to Spare






Well yeah, but that would require a reviewer who can write.

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane. 
   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





 Crimson wrote:
Well yeah, but that would require a reviewer who can write.


It is something of a lost art isn't it?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/12/01 22:01:01


Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in bg
Regular Dakkanaut





As an ork player, I empathise a lot with the fellow nids. Blood of Baal is basically named after the BA. The PA book for orks, "Saga of the beast" already prefaces the outcome of "our" book. A tale told by the space puppies where they hunt ...orks.
   
Made in gb
Deadshot Weapon Moderati





BrianDavion wrote:
 An Actual Englishman wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
assuming 1 page of a data slate and 1 page of fluff for each phobos unit that's 20 pages. I can't see how english gentleman's page count of 40 works unless flesh tearers are getting a full supplement treatment in this book, with both blood angels and flesh tearers a page of relics, warlord traits etc each

even then with the most inflated guessing I can guess 40 pages seems like a exaggeration, (the most I could get it up to is 35)

can to ellaborate on this english gentleman? is it 40 or "nearly 40"?

as for tyranids, I can see 7 pages if they give each hive fleet one physic power only.


It's exactly 40.

Nids are exactly 9.

Both include name generators (for Nids?! Lol).

If you'd like more details I'd suggest watching a review of the book, as I did.


I can't stand video reviews, some guy slowly flipping the pages the camera often poorly in focus often babbling about gak I don't care about. I'd much rather read a written review, sadly those seem to be view and far in between as it's easier to just turn the camera on and run stream of thought for 20 minutes

There's a site called Goonhammer that does lots of written reviews on this stuff. Idk if they're "Good" because I'm not a gamer. They do write a fair amount though.
   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





JWBS wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
 An Actual Englishman wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
assuming 1 page of a data slate and 1 page of fluff for each phobos unit that's 20 pages. I can't see how english gentleman's page count of 40 works unless flesh tearers are getting a full supplement treatment in this book, with both blood angels and flesh tearers a page of relics, warlord traits etc each

even then with the most inflated guessing I can guess 40 pages seems like a exaggeration, (the most I could get it up to is 35)

can to ellaborate on this english gentleman? is it 40 or "nearly 40"?

as for tyranids, I can see 7 pages if they give each hive fleet one physic power only.


It's exactly 40.

Nids are exactly 9.

Both include name generators (for Nids?! Lol).

If you'd like more details I'd suggest watching a review of the book, as I did.


I can't stand video reviews, some guy slowly flipping the pages the camera often poorly in focus often babbling about gak I don't care about. I'd much rather read a written review, sadly those seem to be view and far in between as it's easier to just turn the camera on and run stream of thought for 20 minutes

There's a site called Goonhammer that does lots of written reviews on this stuff. Idk if they're "Good" because I'm not a gamer. They do write a fair amount though.


perfect, and they've just got a 'nids article up https://www.goonhammer.com/blood-of-baal-the-goonhammer-review-part-2-tyranids/

some of the adaptions aren't too shabby and the review notes nothing stops you from putting it on a HQ instead of a WL trait eaither.


Dermic symbosis could be a pretty popular chocie. hmm do hive tyrants have invul saves?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/12/01 22:51:13


Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





Tyrants have a 4++, yes
   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





 gigasnail wrote:
Tyrants have a 4++, yes


thought they must have. so yeah not so hot for them.

Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Carnifex






 An Actual Englishman wrote:
SamusDrake wrote:
After watching the GMG review of Blood of Baal its practically a second blood angels supplement with a few pages of Tyranid stuff at the back. If you are only interested in the tyranid stuff...its quite expensive for what could have been a WD article.

Mephiston does look rather swanky, but a new plastic Lictor/deathleaper or even The Red Terror would have been an ideal release for this episode of Psychic Awakening.


This.

It's an absolute disgrace, really.

Pages dedicated to Blood Angels - 40.

Pages dedicated to Tyranids - 9.

GW are flipping the finger to Xenos players, at this point.


Like 30 of those BA pages are updated datasheets and reprints of stuff from the last set of FAQs, it's not new rules for them.

As a Tyranid player I'm quite happy with what's in this book, there's a lot of new toys to try out.
   
Made in us
Chaplain with Hate to Spare





Sioux Falls, SD

Well, I am a little annoyed that I have to pay more money for my Blood Angels supplement than other Chapter players had to, but hey, free Tyranids expansion included! Most of the BA rules look pretty good. Definite very different than my Crimson Fists.

5250 pts
3850 pts
Deathwatch: 1500 pts
Imperial Knights: 375 pts
30K 2500 pts 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





All this talk about quantity is missing the point IMHO. Give me quality anyday. Blood of the Phoenix was a good book for me because the Chapter Traits actually gave my army a significant boost, it's made me think about and change my army a little, and to consider some Aspects. That's a solid win.
   
Made in us
Lone Wolf Sentinel Pilot






Iowa

 bullyboy wrote:
All this talk about quantity is missing the point IMHO. Give me quality anyday. Blood of the Phoenix was a good book for me because the Chapter Traits actually gave my army a significant boost, it's made me think about and change my army a little, and to consider some Aspects. That's a solid win.

It means that people saying “Blood Angels got forty thousand pages and tyranids only got a paragraph” and real stuff I’m not graciously paraphrasing should cease their shoddy line of argument and move on to discussing quality.

If the truth can destroy it, then it deserves to be destroyed. 
   
Made in fr
Hallowed Canoness





 AlmightyWalrus wrote:
"Each book will be accompanied by an epic champion". Except if you're Chaos or Black Templars, because you're only getting a generic Chaos Sorcerer.

Generic character > special character.
I wish Junith Eruita was just a generic character!

 bullyboy wrote:
dude, if any faction of Space Marines needs a new character model

No they don't. Next!


 
   
Made in gb
Possessed Khorne Marine Covered in Spikes




Just a thought with Dark Angels, GK and TS being the main duders in the next book. The last time they were all involved with one another, Luther was freed and that plot line was kinda dropped.

With that in mind is it possible we might see a Dark Angels schism with Luther, possibly the Lion resurfacing and being their new character?
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





 Hybrid Son Of Oxayotl wrote:
I wish Junith Eruita was just a generic character!


Me too :( Or at least not be order locked.

https://middleagedstrategybattlegamers.home.blog/2019/11/29/tneva82-daemon-of-an-ancient-world/<- lotr painting blog

12 factions for Lord of The Rings
11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5265 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights

 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




tneva82 wrote:
 Hybrid Son Of Oxayotl wrote:
I wish Junith Eruita was just a generic character!


Me too :( Or at least not be order locked.


I wish they had made her a Ministorium Preacher. That way, they could be over the top, a named character, and have no reason not to be included in every Order. Like a gawdy Uriah Jacobus
   
Made in us
Death-Dealing Dark Angels Devastator





Dudeface wrote:
Just a thought with Dark Angels, GK and TS being the main duders in the next book. The last time they were all involved with one another, Luther was freed and that plot line was kinda dropped.

With that in mind is it possible we might see a Dark Angels schism with Luther, possibly the Lion resurfacing and being their new character?


Plus a big part of that was the Changeling, a Tzeentch demon, which could help tie the factions together (narratively speaking)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/12/02 14:43:35


The 1st Legion
Interrogator-Chaplain Beremiah's Strike Force
The Tearers of Flesh 
   
Made in fr
Hallowed Canoness





GaroRobe wrote:
tneva82 wrote:
 Hybrid Son Of Oxayotl wrote:
I wish Junith Eruita was just a generic character!


Me too :( Or at least not be order locked.


I wish they had made her a Ministorium Preacher. That way, they could be over the top, a named character, and have no reason not to be included in every Order. Like a gawdy Uriah Jacobus

But that's precisely the point, I don't want named characters, generic characters are better narratively speaking that even non-Order locked special characters.

 
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




I know the Fallen got "rules" in Vigilus Ablaze that helped you take an actual army of them with rhinos and sorcs and all, but there wasn't a lot there and you were still limited to a specialist detachment that, depending on your loadout, functionally you'd only get to about 1250 points if you were trying to build a Fallen army. Not to mention that the whole "Fallen are both Imperial and Chaos" thing has been nerfed or explicitly excluded more and more with every subsequent release.

Hopefully they'll get new rules in psychic awakening that'll make building a Fallen army more possible. Having a Luther model would definitely be cool, although I'd prefer to have more army-wide rules over getting a single new model.

Fan of lore, stealthy black-armored marines, life-alert black-armored marines, and lunatic necrons. 
   
Made in us
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps




BrianDavion wrote:

perfect, and they've just got a 'nids article up https://www.goonhammer.com/blood-of-baal-the-goonhammer-review-part-2-tyranids/

some of the adaptions aren't too shabby and the review notes nothing stops you from putting it on a HQ instead of a WL trait eaither.


Dermic symbosis could be a pretty popular chocie. hmm do hive tyrants have invul saves?



It's... An odd thing. Still not a fan of updating books this way, but these are... Odd. Some of its fine, a few might be good. But I really don't like the strats. They read like 'pay a CP to make <unit> function as actually intended... For a turn'. Some of these should just be turned into updates.

Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





Klickor wrote:
As a BA player in holiday season I could perhaps have asked for a BA codex/supplement as a gift but I dont want a PA book shared with tyranids so they are losing one sale here at least.

Its basically a BA codex/supplement yet not for some weird reason. It even has more datasheets and rules than the marine supplements and yet not a separate book for them. Instead of prolonging the supplement release cycle they just padded the PA cycle with a supplement + wd article.

Probably hoping to get those who want the whole PA set, those who would want a BA supplement and those desperate Tyranids players to all buy it for 3x the sales of just a BA supplement. Think they are shooting themselves in the foot though since none of the other BA players I have talked to have been interested in this book but would have been more interested in a pure BA book.


Reading the rest of the topic, it's 9 pages for Nids. If this were a pure BA supplement that'd easily be the same general fluff that's been copy/pasta'd across a)every Marine book in the past b)every mention of Blood Angels for the past 4?5?6? Editions and c)is probably verbatim on numerous wiki entries and lore channels on youtube*.

I'd say Nid players should be more upset with their inclusion in the book than us BA ones.

*not 100% on the youtube vids, they'll intentionally mispronounce stuff to avoid copyright. That's definitely the only reason.

Take a look at what I've been painting and modelling: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/725222.page 
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Carnifex






Voss wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:

perfect, and they've just got a 'nids article up https://www.goonhammer.com/blood-of-baal-the-goonhammer-review-part-2-tyranids/

some of the adaptions aren't too shabby and the review notes nothing stops you from putting it on a HQ instead of a WL trait eaither.


Dermic symbosis could be a pretty popular chocie. hmm do hive tyrants have invul saves?



It's... An odd thing. Still not a fan of updating books this way, but these are... Odd. Some of its fine, a few might be good. But I really don't like the strats. They read like 'pay a CP to make <unit> function as actually intended... For a turn'. Some of these should just be turned into updates.


That sorta happened with the Space Marines v2 codex. They cleared up some of the pointless conditional rules like the Vindicator changing number of shots based on target unit size and just gave it more shots.

I'm hopeful that after 9E we'll see a Tyranids v2 codex with some of these rules (like the Toxicrene strat) absorbed into base unit rules and the bad old strats thrown away.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: