Switch Theme:

Necromunda Underhive - pg 184 new faqs  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Land Raider Pilot on Cruise Control




San Jose, CA

 Altruizine wrote:
 aka_mythos wrote:
These heads are great... however I'm not sure if releasing these sorts of bits as long after the kits will drive sales of those kits as I'm sure they hope they will. I think these will end up getting more use to do conversions for IG and the like, more than for their immediate intended purpose.

Yeah, I'd love to have used these, but I already have 20+ Van Saar/Goliath/Orlocks and 10 Cawdor/Delaque built (with my own converted heads on many models.

I would have definitely picked up the FW heads if they'd been revealed prior to me building all that. As it stands, I can't really use these unless I expand some gangs (which I might!). My Escher aren't built yet, so I could use them there, too.


I just want them to keep up with the cool stuff, now just need Delaque heads, weapons, etc..
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

 aka_mythos wrote:
These heads are great... however I'm not sure if releasing these sorts of bits as long after the kits will drive sales of those kits as I'm sure they hope they will. I think these will end up getting more use to do conversions for IG and the like, more than for their immediate intended purpose.
Some people are just lucky I guess. I still have 20 Escher/30 Goliath/30 Orlock/30 Van Saar/10 Cawdor to build.

 Altruizine wrote:
There are three female heads in the Van Saar collection. Pay attention.
Where?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/01/01 02:10:41


   
Made in vn
Dakka Veteran






I think it is the first and third on first row, from the left. The only reason I know they're supposed to be female heads because GW attach them to the female body in their demonstration picture. lol.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Myrtle Creek, OR

These are cool, I have to admit. Especially that Escher leader head and the Goliaths.

The joke comment being, will a new edition/compendium for Necromunda be released in April to replace the one that just came out in November?
   
Made in ca
Regular Dakkanaut





 H.B.M.C. wrote:


 Altruizine wrote:
There are three female heads in the Van Saar collection. Pay attention.
Where?


So if you number them like this:

1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16

I would posit that 1, 3, and 15 are clearly intended to be women.

1 and 3 are very similar in shape and detail to the single female head provided in the plastic kit (rounded skulls and subtle brows, compared to the rectangular brow-fests of the male ganger heads). 15 has a hairstyle that lines up with one of the female Van Saar gangers illustrated in the rulebook (a hairstyle not shared with any of the male gangers in the art, as far as I remember).

You could absolutely use any of the heads I mentioned to represent a male ganger, and it would look fine. But by the same token there are at least two other heads in that set that I identify as "male" which would work fine for a female character. I'm obviously taking an unproveable position here, but I think anyone complaining about a lack of female heads is expecting a style for Van Saar women that does not logically follow from the appearance established by the plastic kit.
   
Made in vn
Dakka Veteran




15 with the Ivan Drago hair is clearly a female?

Guess they were aiming for the "mother russia" look, Unfortunately the female Van Saar have frail and tiny body.
   
Made in fr
Been Around the Block




 Altruizine wrote:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:


 Altruizine wrote:
There are three female heads in the Van Saar collection. Pay attention.
Where?


So if you number them like this:

1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16

I would posit that 1, 3, and 15 are clearly intended to be women.

1 and 3 are very similar in shape and detail to the single female head provided in the plastic kit (rounded skulls and subtle brows, compared to the rectangular brow-fests of the male ganger heads). 15 has a hairstyle that lines up with one of the female Van Saar gangers illustrated in the rulebook (a hairstyle not shared with any of the male gangers in the art, as far as I remember).

You could absolutely use any of the heads I mentioned to represent a male ganger, and it would look fine. But by the same token there are at least two other heads in that set that I identify as "male" which would work fine for a female character. I'm obviously taking an unproveable position here, but I think anyone complaining about a lack of female heads is expecting a style for Van Saar women that does not logically follow from the appearance established by the plastic kit.
There's only 12 heads in the van saar set.
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





Love the Goliath heads!


Guys you remember that Cawdor character that looked a little too pointy hat and then got removed everywhere.
Do you think he’ll come back?
(They could add bits like heads 1 & 3 have. Or just use one like 7 or 16 instead..)


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Obviously it’ll take some extra sculpting, not just a popping one on.
But better than scrapping him entirely surely?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/01/03 06:19:33


 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

I hope he comes back exactly as he was. It was a great model.

   
Made in vn
Dakka Veteran




He'd probably stay in 2018 forever.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/01/03 07:26:56


 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





 H.B.M.C. wrote:
I hope he comes back exactly as he was. It was a great model.


So do I.
I think it’s ridiculous that this is happening to be honest, people making the comparisons just to troll.
But obviously it worried them enough.

Anyone have the pic of him still to post, I don’t have it anymore..
   
Made in ie
Longtime Dakkanaut






Danny76 wrote:


Anyone have the pic of him still to post, I don’t have it anymore..


https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/necromunda/comments/98cwmx/new_cawdor_executioner_from_warhammer_fest_europe/
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





Cheers.

Sad, the more I look at it, the more I think why even..


But they never officially said anything about it did they, just removed the article..
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

I'd forgotten all the studs on his hood, it makes the perceived reason for it's disappearance even more odd as that's something the Klan just don't have so only a rea idiot is going to mix up the two

 
   
Made in es
Dakka Veteran







Heads are in preorder!!

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-NL/Cawdor-Heads-Upgrade-Set-2019

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/01/04 09:08:30


 
   
Made in gb
Kelne



West Sussex, UK

Odd that it’s two Goliath sets rather than one every one else gets.
   
Made in us
Revenant Pirate Crew






Goliath heads have too much meat to fit in a single set.

 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Hmm... there are 26 heads, I have 30 Goliaths to build. But then I wouldn't be using all the heads in the plastic kit.

Oh the horror of having too much to choose from.

   
Made in re
Focused Dark Angels Land Raider Pilot






For Golios, there's one set of masked heads, and one set without masks.

Virtus in extremis 
   
Made in gb
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps





UK

Plastic ambots!

   
Made in gb
Most Glorious Grey Seer






PLASTIC?

Definitely plastic?

Fed up for Scalpers? Why not join us? 
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
PLASTIC?

Definitely plastic?

Warhammer Community wrote:That’s not all our Ambull-related news, either – the Ambot, a mechanical brute from the underhive, is coming to Necromunda in a new plastic kit that builds a pair of cybernetic monstrosities:


Not just plastic--TWO in plastic!
   
Made in gb
Most Glorious Grey Seer






They are indeed!

Oh what wonders today has brought!

Fed up for Scalpers? Why not join us? 
   
Made in gb
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps





UK

 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
PLASTIC?

Definitely plastic?


Aye

That’s not all our Ambull-related news, either – the Ambot, a mechanical brute from the underhive, is coming to Necromunda in a new plastic kit that builds a pair of cybernetic monstrosities


https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/01/05/breaking-news-new-models-new-expansions-and-exclusive-revealsgw-homepage-post-1/

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/01/05 13:33:52


 
   
Made in fi
Chaplain with Hate to Spare






So were the Centurion rules Ok after the CA? Because I think I found by counts-as Centurions...

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane. 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

They're plastic? Oh man that's awesome.

   
Made in gb
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

 zedmeister wrote:
Plastic ambots!


Just wow they are gorgeous and the new Ambull model is also great
   
Made in nl
Moustache-twirling Princeps




We'll find out soon enough eh.

I mean, cool, but are most people going to need two?

I need to acquire plastic Skavenslaves, can you help?
I have a blog now, evidently. Featuring the Alternative Mordheim Model Megalist.

"Your society's broken, so who should we blame? Should we blame the rich, powerful people who caused it? No, lets blame the people with no power and no money and those immigrants who don't even have the vote. Yea, it must be their fething fault." - Iain M Banks
-----
"The language of modern British politics is meant to sound benign. But words do not mean what they seem to mean. 'Reform' actually means 'cut' or 'end'. 'Flexibility' really means 'exploit'. 'Prudence' really means 'don't invest'. And 'efficient'? That means whatever you want it to mean, usually 'cut'. All really mean 'keep wages low for the masses, taxes low for the rich, profits high for the corporations, and accept the decline in public services and amenities this will cause'." - Robin McAlpine from Common Weal 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran






I'll use two. One will be painted in my specific Escher scheme, the other will be in catch all colours for any gang to use.
   
Made in gb
Blood-Drenched Death Company Marine





United Kingdom

 Yodhrin wrote:
I mean, cool, but are most people going to need two?


For just Necromunda, possibly not, but I expect these will show up in Blackstone Fortress expansions and if there are any AdMech types out there who hate their daft looking toy robots, these would be a cool alternative. Plus conversion fodder (Killa Kans anyone?), I think GW are well aware that certain kits are used fairly extensively for conversions.

   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: