Switch Theme:

Necromunda Underhive -Book of Peril and Kal Jerico pg 211  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in nl
Moustache-twirling Princeps




We'll find out soon enough eh.

 kendoka wrote:
... or they could release a dual purpose kit based on the *brilliant* Jes Goodwyn 2nd edition Adeptus Arbites - so we can build both real Arbites (for Necro, Kill Team, Blackstone and 40k) and local wannabes...

This would sell 100 X an Enforcer pack...


Lots of things would sell 100 times an Enforcer pack, but none of them are Enforcers, rather defeating the purpose of releasing Enforcers...

I get it, people want Arbites. I want Arbites. I don't really want them in Necromunda, and certainly not at the expense of an actual Necromunda-specific faction with, hopefully, its own unique and mental aesthetic.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/12 23:05:15


I need to acquire plastic Skavenslaves, can you help?
I have a blog now, evidently. Featuring the Alternative Mordheim Model Megalist.

"Your society's broken, so who should we blame? Should we blame the rich, powerful people who caused it? No, lets blame the people with no power and no money and those immigrants who don't even have the vote. Yea, it must be their fething fault." - Iain M Banks
-----
"The language of modern British politics is meant to sound benign. But words do not mean what they seem to mean. 'Reform' actually means 'cut' or 'end'. 'Flexibility' really means 'exploit'. 'Prudence' really means 'don't invest'. And 'efficient'? That means whatever you want it to mean, usually 'cut'. All really mean 'keep wages low for the masses, taxes low for the rich, profits high for the corporations, and accept the decline in public services and amenities this will cause'." - Robin McAlpine from Common Weal 
   
Made in us
[MOD]
Keeper of the Adeptus Arbites Flame






Arlington, va

In defense of the Fantatic Enforcers they were brilliant for their ability to swap weapons. Almost any model could take a 2 handed weapon or two 1 handed weapons. No need to sculpt bolter and shotgun dudes when any model could take either weapon.

And I've now painted enough of both to say they're on par, detail wise, with the Goodwyn ones.

 
   
Made in gb
Deadshot Weapon Moderati





 Kid_Kyoto wrote:
In defense of the Fantatic Enforcers they were brilliant for their ability to swap weapons. Almost any model could take a 2 handed weapon or two 1 handed weapons. No need to sculpt bolter and shotgun dudes when any model could take either weapon.

And I've now painted enough of both to say they're on par, detail wise, with the Goodwyn ones.


They look awkward but nonetheless, looking at them with your rose tinted glasses on you can't fail to notice they have extra guns, a cyber dog, and heavy stubbers (these were the three main selling points for me). Not a patch on the original 4 or so models, but as definitely as good those weird mohawk ones.
oh and they had riot shields too!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/12 23:31:11


 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






Yay! I'll have another reason to eventually build this totally not an arbites guy now.

Spoiler:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/13 00:01:15


   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

 Yodhrin wrote:
Enforcers that look how Enforcers should
What does an Enforcer look like?

 Yodhrin wrote:
ie their own thing, rather than being a zero-effort rebranding of unreleased Arbites models(likely test sculpts considering they're...not brilliant). These are supposed to be the personal thugs of the planetary governor, they deserve something better than Arbites knockoffs.

And hey, given the way 40K is going, soon you'll be able to get actual plastic Arbites to use as totes-not-Arbites-honest-guv Enforcers if that's really your jam.
Lemme ask you this:

Do you think Enforcers are popular?

I personally think they've proven to be quite popular, given that people have been asking about them since Newcromunda came about and that they're the first of the non-core gangs to get a new release. If you agree and also think that Enforcers are popular, then let me follow up with this question:

Do you think Enforcers were popular because of or in spite of their existing miniatures?

I ask this because I believe Enforcers are very popular among Necromunda players, and I doubt there's a single one of them that would ever say "I love me some Enforcers... but I wish they looked completely different!".

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/05/13 00:10:52


   
Made in ca
Battle-tested Knight Castellan Pilot





Vancouver BC Canada

 warboss wrote:
Yay! I'll have another reason to eventually build this totally not an arbites guy now.

Spoiler:



I hate you, I wanted to get that model so badly but alas.

I can't wait for the Enforcers to come out. I had a couple of squads of them and 2nd edition arbites in my WitchHunters army back in the day. I loved the sculpts they where nice chunky metal. I know a lot of people here hate metal figgies but I love metal. The detal looks so much better in metal then plastic IN MY OPINION. YMMV. Now if FW would get off of their duffs and give us a resin Enforcers gang my life would be complete.

CATS- How are you gentlemen?
CATS- All your base are belong to us.
CATS- You are on the way to destruction.
Captain -What you say?
CATS- You have no chance to survive make your time.
CATS HA HA HA!!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Hi%20Welcome



 
   
Made in fi
Chaplain with Hate to Spare






 H.B.M.C. wrote:

I ask this because I believe Enforcers are very popular among Necromunda players, and I doubt there's a single one of them that would ever say "I love me some Enforcers... but I wish they looked completely different!".

Well, they have pretty radically redesigned many of the Necromunda gangs, hell, they have even redesigned the Space Marines! All of these ended up looking much better than the older versions. So there is a good chance that the Enforcers will be improved by this redesign as well.

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane. 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

 Crimson wrote:
Well, they have pretty radically redesigned many of the Necromunda gangs, hell, they have even redesigned the Space Marines! All of these ended up looking much better than the older versions. So there is a good chance that the Enforcers will be improved by this redesign as well.
He said, subjectively. And the Necromunda redesigns aren't that radical. Escher, Orlocks, Goliaths and Cawdor still look like they did, just improved detail. Van Saar changed style that is recognisable but still different compared to the original. Delaques look great, but nothing like Delaques.

And what you said doesn't really address the point I was making either.

   
Made in fi
Chaplain with Hate to Spare






 H.B.M.C. wrote:
He said, subjectively. And the Necromunda redesigns aren't that radical. Escher, Orlocks, Goliaths and Cawdor still look like they did, just improved detail. Van Saar changed style that is recognisable but still different compared to the original. Delaques look great, but nothing like Delaques.

And what you said doesn't really address the point I was making either.

Doesn't it? These other things got redesigned, and most people are fine with it. I wouldn't expect anything more radical with the Enforcers than what we're already seen. I'm sure they will have at least a passing resemblance to the old models, just like the other redesigned stuff has.

Also, Delaques look like Delaques because that's what the Delaques now look like!

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane. 
   
Made in us
Ruthless Interrogator





Maine

Crossing my fingers. So far the only extreme change has been the inclusion of house Nosferaques. Clearly house Delaques fell to some purge worthy heracy ( blood cultists) and was not so subtly replaced by the new house Nosferaques who have yet to update the name change in the imperial data archives. Hopefully the enforcers will not go from "Judge Dredd" to "Chips" with sunglasses and tight pants.

Voxed from Salamander 84-24020
 
   
Made in us
[MOD]
Keeper of the Adeptus Arbites Flame






Arlington, va

There is this concept art from Blanche which is explicitly an Enforcer.


 
   
Made in gb
Boom! Leman Russ Commander





The Shire(s)

 Kid_Kyoto wrote:
There is this concept art from Blanche which is explicitly an Enforcer.


I would be well happy with something looking like that! Reminds me of a lot of the Goodwin Guard concept art too.

 ChargerIIC wrote:
If algae farm paste with a little bit of your grandfather in it isn't Grimdark I don't know what is.
 
   
Made in tw
Dakka Veteran





IF thats what they end up looking like they are gonna print money.

   
Made in us
[MOD]
Keeper of the Adeptus Arbites Flame






Arlington, va

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Lemme ask you this:

Do you think Enforcers are popular?

I personally think they've proven to be quite popular, given that people have been asking about them since Newcromunda came about and that they're the first of the non-core gangs to get a new release. If you agree and also think that Enforcers are popular, then let me follow up with this question:

Do you think Enforcers were popular because of or in spite of their existing miniatures?

I ask this because I believe Enforcers are very popular among Necromunda players, and I doubt there's a single one of them that would ever say "I love me some Enforcers... but I wish they looked completely different!".



I'd add that for most of us cops/SWAT/tacticool dudes are a much more powerful and relevant icon than, say, Roman Legions. Played a lot of cops and robbers as a kid, not so many games of Legionnaires and Gauls.

40k has always succeeded by taking iconic ideas (Tolkein Elves, Orcs, WWII grunts, Space Knights/Legionnaires/Vikings/Whatever, crazy steampunk dudes) and turning the cool up to 11. No reason to think Space Cops would be any less successful.

 
   
Made in us
Nurgle Chosen Marine on a Palanquin





Carlovonsexron wrote:
IF thats what they end up looking like they are gonna print money.


Very much this. Want!

T
   
Made in us
Bane Thrall




The deck of the Widower

 Insurgency Walker wrote:
Crossing my fingers. So far the only extreme change has been the inclusion of house Nosferaques. Clearly house Delaques fell to some purge worthy heracy ( blood cultists) and was not so subtly replaced by the new house Nosferaques who have yet to update the name change in the imperial data archives. Hopefully the enforcers will not go from "Judge Dredd" to "Chips" with sunglasses and tight pants.


Oh no! Now I must have Enforcers with sunglasses and tight pants! That needs to be their Juve option.

I have a bunch of armies, who knows the points these days? 
   
Made in us
Nurgle Chosen Marine on a Palanquin





 Brotherjanus wrote:
 Insurgency Walker wrote:
Crossing my fingers. So far the only extreme change has been the inclusion of house Nosferaques. Clearly house Delaques fell to some purge worthy heracy ( blood cultists) and was not so subtly replaced by the new house Nosferaques who have yet to update the name change in the imperial data archives. Hopefully the enforcers will not go from "Judge Dredd" to "Chips" with sunglasses and tight pants.


Oh no! Now I must have Enforcers with sunglasses and tight pants! That needs to be their Juve option.


Here ya go! https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499554/mediaviewer/rm2204929024

T

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/13 02:47:04


 
   
Made in es
Dark Angels Librarian with Book of Secrets




Vigo. Spain.

Wow Yodhrin defending for GW to change something that is loved by many old fans because he wants it to catter to his subjetive and personal taste?

Thats something.


Also I doubt enforcers/arbiters will look like Judge Dredd. Maybe some small "easter eggs" but... with nuGW, how are they gonna release a faction that is SO just... another thing? That was 90's GW.

 Crimson Devil wrote:

Dakka does have White Knights and is also rather infamous for it's Black Knights. A new edition brings out the passionate and not all of them are good at expressing themselves in written form. There have been plenty of hysterical responses from both sides so far. So we descend into pointless bickering with neither side listening to each other. So posting here becomes more masturbation than conversation.

ERJAK wrote:
Forcing a 40k player to keep playing 7th is basically a hate crime.

 
   
Made in ca
[DCM]
Acolyte of Goodwin






Sunny SoCal

I badly hope they stick with the linear aesthetic from the previous arbites models... I LOVED the look of those guys... modern takes in line with those, I would break down and buy a box even though I haven't painted in like a year lol...

   
Made in us
Been Around the Block




The Blanche piece does nothing for me. Too reminiscent of AM. Hoping they take their cues from the Arbites design wise. Some evolution or variation of that concept I could get behind.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/13 04:07:40


 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka






 Kid_Kyoto wrote:


I'd add that for most of us cops/SWAT/tacticool dudes are a much more powerful and relevant icon than, say, Roman Legions. Played a lot of cops and robbers as a kid, not so many games of Legionnaires and Gauls.

40k has always succeeded by taking iconic ideas (Tolkein Elves, Orcs, WWII grunts, Space Knights/Legionnaires/Vikings/Whatever, crazy steampunk dudes) and turning the cool up to 11. No reason to think Space Cops would be any less successful.


if you watch some proper riot control operations - footage of football riots is probably the best example to mention without falling foul of the forum rules - the tactics of the police vs rioters are very reminiscent of Roman legions; without the gladii, though.

The Armsmen from Kill Team Rogue trader are a possible point of inspiration, as are elements of the original Arbites models (the ones JWBS doesn't like), or even the original Arbites trooper depicted in the Rogue Trader rulebook.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Lemme ask you this:

Do you think Enforcers are popular?

I personally think they've proven to be quite popular, given that people have been asking about them since Newcromunda came about and that they're the first of the non-core gangs to get a new release. If you agree and also think that Enforcers are popular, then let me follow up with this question:

Do you think Enforcers were popular because of or in spite of their existing miniatures?


Because of the design, but in spite of the miniatures, which were mediocre. You can convert them to hold a pair of pistols, close combat weapons, etc, but anything other than a rifle held across the chest or maul and shield looked rather awkward, and the details looked ... crude, compared to the 1990s ones. I actually found the best conversion fodder was the 1990 RT model with the power maul; the arms were easily removed, the head could be repositioned and you could use the arms from the current style of Space Marines with the shoulder pads left off (as was the original intent in the concept art) to do whatever pose or armament you wanted.

I ask this because I believe Enforcers are very popular among Necromunda players, and I doubt there's a single one of them that would ever say "I love me some Enforcers... but I wish they looked completely different!".


Waves hands I want Arbites models, don't get me wrong. but I also want Enforcers, and I want the two do be different. In fact, I want Palatine enforcers, and Trazior Enforcers and ... all different. And Palatine Enforcers on the Eye of Selene in low-g, low-pressure gear.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/13 08:18:00


 
   
Made in us
Ultramarine Librarian with Freaky Familiar





Southern California, USA

Oh hell yeah. 40k cops? I'll buy a team of 40k cops. I've been kind of waiting for enforcers to come out to try necromunda.

Thought for the day: Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
30k Ultramarines: 2000 pts
Bolt Action Germans: ~1200 pts
AOS Stormcast: Just starting.
The Empire : ~60-70 models.
1500 pts
: My Salamanders painting blog 16 Infantry and 2 Vehicles done so far!  
   
Made in us
Crushing Black Templar Crusader Pilot





LA

I kinda hope they move away from the judge dredd look, which I think was arbites not enforcers anyways. I do like that blanche art though. And the clan icon they showed in the trailer, but man they gave us no hints as to what they will look like.

 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka






If they're intedned to be used as a gang for a player to use (rather than an Abriotator tool) hopefully they'll be more interesting to pay as a campaign gang than the Enforcers were in the previous edition. No trading post, no territory, reduced effect of lasting injuries. Not quite as dull as Spyrers, but close.

With the focus now back as a "House Helmawr gang", there's a bit more room for individuality.
   
Made in us
[MOD]
Keeper of the Adeptus Arbites Flame






Arlington, va

 Galas wrote:

Also I doubt enforcers/arbiters will look like Judge Dredd. Maybe some small "easter eggs" but... with nuGW, how are they gonna release a faction that is SO just... another thing? That was 90's GW.


A lot of early Rogue Trader was reskinned or converted GW stuff, some early supplements were for both RT and the Judge Dredd RPG and some 2000AD artists worked on RT. Dredd is as much a part of 40k's DNA as Tolkien, Moorcock, Dune or Starship Troopers. In fact I'd say without the JD game and models there wouldn't be a 40k.

Fun fact, the first Arbites are just Judge Dredd models with some green stuff.

Currently available from Wargames Foundry...
https://www.wargamesfoundry.com/collections/ex-citadel-games-workshop-models/products/ba001-empirical-absolution-and-liquidation-squad
[Thumb - Group_BW_1024x1024[1].png]
Early RT Arbites


 
   
Made in nl
Moustache-twirling Princeps




We'll find out soon enough eh.

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
 Yodhrin wrote:
Enforcers that look how Enforcers should
What does an Enforcer look like?

 Yodhrin wrote:
ie their own thing, rather than being a zero-effort rebranding of unreleased Arbites models(likely test sculpts considering they're...not brilliant). These are supposed to be the personal thugs of the planetary governor, they deserve something better than Arbites knockoffs.

And hey, given the way 40K is going, soon you'll be able to get actual plastic Arbites to use as totes-not-Arbites-honest-guv Enforcers if that's really your jam.
Lemme ask you this:

Do you think Enforcers are popular?

I personally think they've proven to be quite popular, given that people have been asking about them since Newcromunda came about and that they're the first of the non-core gangs to get a new release. If you agree and also think that Enforcers are popular, then let me follow up with this question:

Do you think Enforcers were popular because of or in spite of their existing miniatures?

I ask this because I believe Enforcers are very popular among Necromunda players, and I doubt there's a single one of them that would ever say "I love me some Enforcers... but I wish they looked completely different!".



I think Arbites are popular, and that people who like Arbites bought into Enforcers because they were a knockoff of that aesthetic. I'm not sure I would call them "popular", in fact I'd go so far as to say the only less popular gang was probably Spyrers and for the same reasons; outside the hands of the Arbitrator/GM - if you had one - they break or ignore too many systems that the other gangs have to abide by and they can get very broken very easily.

Personally, I would rather that my and others' desire for Arbites be met by an actual Arbites release for 40K rather than (again) being fobbed-off with some knockoffs, and the Enforcers get the treatment they always deserved with a bespoke aesthetic.

I need to acquire plastic Skavenslaves, can you help?
I have a blog now, evidently. Featuring the Alternative Mordheim Model Megalist.

"Your society's broken, so who should we blame? Should we blame the rich, powerful people who caused it? No, lets blame the people with no power and no money and those immigrants who don't even have the vote. Yea, it must be their fething fault." - Iain M Banks
-----
"The language of modern British politics is meant to sound benign. But words do not mean what they seem to mean. 'Reform' actually means 'cut' or 'end'. 'Flexibility' really means 'exploit'. 'Prudence' really means 'don't invest'. And 'efficient'? That means whatever you want it to mean, usually 'cut'. All really mean 'keep wages low for the masses, taxes low for the rich, profits high for the corporations, and accept the decline in public services and amenities this will cause'." - Robin McAlpine from Common Weal 
   
Made in gb
Wise Ethereal with Bodyguard







 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Enforcers that don't look like Enforcers to go with my Delaques that don't look like Delaques.

Cool.


What would be cool would be the enforcers coming in with bald heads and trench coats, matching the old Delaques

Then you woild have enforcres that look like delaques to go with your delaqies that dont look like delaques... simples.

Please excuse any spelling errors. I use a tablet frequently and software keyboards are a pain!

Terranwing - w3;d1;l1
51st Dunedinw2;d0;l0
Cadre Coronal Afterglow w1;d0;l0 
   
Made in si
Steady Stonecleaver







Ah, yes, Enforcers. The TFGs will swarm like moths to a flame.

Posters on ignore list: 33

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in us
Veteran Inquisitor with Xenos Alliances






I think eventually Enforcers and Arbites should both be in the game... however I think GW should attempt to reinvent Enforcers to make them more visually distinctive from the classic Arbites; I think Enforcers should look more distinctively like they come from Necromunda. There has been a decent amount of artwork for Enforcers... in RPGs, on novel covers, as concepts... etc... mostly for other worlds but most don't look like Arbites.

Enforcers are basically the Planetary Governor's gang and I think treating them more like that solves some the issues from playing in campaigns with them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/13 19:21:11


 
   
Made in gb
Blood-Drenched Death Company Marine





United Kingdom

 FabricatorGeneralMike wrote:
 warboss wrote:
Yay! I'll have another reason to eventually build this totally not an arbites guy now.

Spoiler:



I hate you, I wanted to get that model so badly but alas.



Well you can get a slightly different, new version of that model. You can also get a totally not Olivia Thirlby in Dredd female officer, not to mention male and female squads and 3 different cyber dogs.

Spoiler:








   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: