Switch Theme:

Three more Star Wars films. 2022, 2024 and 2026  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

Agreed - IF he had actually made a new kind of Star Wars movie or trod new ground then I could understand the blind worship that his defenders pour out to him - but thats not what he did.

All he did was rearrarange the key scenes from Empire Strikes back, make them and all the "characters" far less interesting and compelling and then pay off the critics. It must have taken those chimps with crayons minutes to write the whole thing.


I AM A MARINE PLAYER

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in us
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps




 Mr Morden wrote:
Agreed - IF he had actually made a new kind of Star Wars movie or trod new ground then I could understand the blind worship that his defenders pour out to him - but thats not what he did.

All he did was rearrarange the key scenes from Empire Strikes back, make them and all the "characters" far less interesting and compelling and then pay off the critics. It must have taken those chimps with crayons minutes to write the whole thing.



Hey now, a couple of those scenes were from RotJ.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/12 02:32:05


Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in us
Powerful Phoenix Lord






The Last Jedi, is...objectively a bad film. In every sense of the word. There are copious borderline documentaries that have been made about how poorly written/constructed the entire film was. None of the other Star Wars main films can even touch TLJ for garbage story, gak writing, zero character development, wandering plot, inconsistent characters, lack of spectacle, world-breaking design choices, etc. From top to bottom it's absolute gak.

If it hadn't been a Star Wars film and had been a normal sci-fi film, it would have abysmal, toilet-level ratings. People give it a pass because Star Wars and the critics give it a glowing review because of Disney and corporate shilling.

It is a film that is so bad, that unfortunately it's become a litmus test for me. If someone says it was a good movie with a straight face, I unfortunately have to disregard every single opinion they have with regards to cinema going forward. It would be akin to someone saying Battlefield Earth was a quality, well-written film.

 
   
Made in us
Blood-Drenched Death Company Marine




If you consider TLJ to be such a bad movie you waste 1000s of words and who knows how much time complaining about it, then you haven't really seen very many bad movies. I guess you've never seen the prequels.
   
Made in gb
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

 Crimson Devil wrote:
If you consider TLJ to be such a bad movie you waste 1000s of words and who knows how much time complaining about it, then you haven't really seen very many bad movies. I guess you've never seen the prequels.


Its one of the worst films I have seen when you factor in just how much money was thrown at this POS.

The prequals are not good in many ways - TLJ is worse (for many reasons that Elbows outlinned) - its much more lazy - they are least tried (and failed) to do something new, this depsite the desperate asertions that it is somehow subversive is heavily derative but apparently without any ability to understand, appreciate or use the previous source material.

There is nothing new in this film, no heart, no soul, no ideas, its just a badly made rehash of a few scenes in the 2nd film of the original triology. Far more time and effort was spent on the marketing/excuses campaign.

Maybe they will hire different monkeys with crayons next time or just maybe someone with some actual ideas and ability, either make a basic fun adventure film like the first three or actually do something new....

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2019/05/12 20:25:42


I AM A MARINE PLAYER

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in fi
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Mr Morden wrote:
Agreed - IF he had actually made a new kind of Star Wars movie or trod new ground then I could understand the blind worship that his defenders pour out to him - but thats not what he did.

All he did was rearrarange the key scenes from Empire Strikes back, make them and all the "characters" far less interesting and compelling and then pay off the critics. It must have taken those chimps with crayons minutes to write the whole thing.


I am pretty sure Johnson's hand was forced there: TLJ was supposed to mirror ESB, just like TFA mirrored ANH. Because the whole idea of the new trilogy was a soft reboot rather than trying to create something truly new. Because creating new is risky. Lets stick what we know. At least this is how Disney execs envisioned them.

I disagree that RJ 'crapped' over anything JJA left him. There was not much to crap, really. One problem with Star Wars franchise is that fans have got used to everything being connected somewhat, even to the point where it hurts the overall story (like it did in prequels). So people immediately started figuring there must be some mysteries and relationships between Rey and Snoke and earlier lore which were not revealed yet. Because everyone in Star Wars is somehow related, right? But JJA and Kasdan really had not designed any such plans, they were in fanbase's minds only. They were 'meta mysteries'. RJ took one look at the fan theories, (rightly) decided they were crap and threw them into garbage bin, which is where they belonged.

Game of Thrones suffers from similar problem. The book series is full with various very intricate connections and relationships which are often hinted at. This encourages fans to look up for tiny hints and clues and device their own theories. But the TV series is much more simplistic and generally doesn't have these. So the hardcore fans take their lessons from the books, apply them to the series, and are disappointed because the series does not fullfill their expectations what the payoffs should be.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Elbows wrote:
The Last Jedi, is...objectively a bad film. In every sense of the word. There are copious borderline documentaries that have been made about how poorly written/constructed the entire film was. None of the other Star Wars main films can even touch TLJ for garbage story, gak writing, zero character development, wandering plot, inconsistent characters, lack of spectacle, world-breaking design choices, etc. From top to bottom it's absolute gak.


TLJ, for whatever problems it has (and it does) is still miles better than any of the prequels. Only - absolutely only - thing the prequels had going for them was fresh new look, the environment. It was well designed, it seemed new and fresh yet distinctly Star Wars whereas by contrast, Disney trilogy is visually simply the original trilogy with a new hat. In every other respect they were much, much worse films than TFA or TLJ. They had no dynamics, all the dialogue was totally flat mostly with people sitting or slowly walking. Actors seemed irritated or indifferent all the time because they had no sets or extras to interact or react to, only greenscreens. Main characters were incredibly ill-defined with no distinguishing traits or motivations and none of them have any kind of on-screen chemistry. Non-human characters were lazy human-based racial stereotypes because this was 'funny' and nobody bothered to design actual alien races. Jedi lore was completely messed up with Lucas simply recycling his old hits from original trilogy and his only attempt to come up with new lore (Midichlorians) fell flat completely. Lets not even talk about the plots because they made no sense whatsoever.

TLJ at least have actors who look like they care about doing their job, some of whom have good chemistry together, directing and editing which is sometimes genuinely gripping, it has actual plot twists, scenes which have dynamics and interaction instead of 2 talking heads going blah blah in monotonous voice. It was first thing which jumped out on me when I began to watch TFA, how much it contrasted what the prequels had. Hey, these characters sweat, they bleed, they get dirty, they scream, they get excited...it's almost like in real world! Amazing...

If you think TLJ sucks, fine, but claiming it was objectively worse made movie than the prequels, c'mon now.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/13 11:27:59


Mr Vetock, give back my Multi-tracker! 
   
Made in ca
Infiltrating Broodlord





Toronto, Ontario

I won't deny that the prequels were bad, but I'm not sure I can agree that they're worse than the sequel trilogy. For all their faults, episodes I through III at least tried to do something different with the Star Wars universe. They were not re-treads of the OT, and however badly bungled their execution might have been I can at least respect them for exploring that universe in a different way.

The sequel trilogy? I can't even give those films credit for that. Force Awakens and Last Jedi are just chock full of needless throwbacks to the original trilogy, bend over backwards to restore the status quo from ANH so that they can do the whole underdogs vs. space Nazis thing over again (and, in the process, basically invalidating the end of ROTJ), and throw original cast cameos in our face because they're terrified of doing something new. They might be better executed, technically better made films, but they're so painfully lazy and derivative that I really can't bring myself to say that they're better films than the prequel trilogy. I just can't.
   
Made in gb
Boosting Space Marine Biker





Scotland

Unironically looking forward to D&D Star Wars now.
   
Made in us
Blood-Drenched Death Company Marine




 creeping-deth87 wrote:
I won't deny that the prequels were bad, but I'm not sure I can agree that they're worse than the sequel trilogy. For all their faults, episodes I through III at least tried to do something different with the Star Wars universe. They were not re-treads of the OT, and however badly bungled their execution might have been I can at least respect them for exploring that universe in a different way.

The sequel trilogy? I can't even give those films credit for that. Force Awakens and Last Jedi are just chock full of needless throwbacks to the original trilogy, bend over backwards to restore the status quo from ANH so that they can do the whole underdogs vs. space Nazis thing over again (and, in the process, basically invalidating the end of ROTJ), and throw original cast cameos in our face because they're terrified of doing something new. They might be better executed, technically better made films, but they're so painfully lazy and derivative that I really can't bring myself to say that they're better films than the prequel trilogy. I just can't.



Jar Jar Binks
   
Made in nl
Stone Bonkers Fabricator General




We'll find out soon enough eh.

 Crimson Devil wrote:
 creeping-deth87 wrote:
I won't deny that the prequels were bad, but I'm not sure I can agree that they're worse than the sequel trilogy. For all their faults, episodes I through III at least tried to do something different with the Star Wars universe. They were not re-treads of the OT, and however badly bungled their execution might have been I can at least respect them for exploring that universe in a different way.

The sequel trilogy? I can't even give those films credit for that. Force Awakens and Last Jedi are just chock full of needless throwbacks to the original trilogy, bend over backwards to restore the status quo from ANH so that they can do the whole underdogs vs. space Nazis thing over again (and, in the process, basically invalidating the end of ROTJ), and throw original cast cameos in our face because they're terrified of doing something new. They might be better executed, technically better made films, but they're so painfully lazy and derivative that I really can't bring myself to say that they're better films than the prequel trilogy. I just can't.



Jar Jar Binks


Slapstick Finn. Prankcall Poe. Luke Saberchucker. Vacuum-proof Leia.

Spreading the stupid out over multiple characters doesn't mean it goes away.

I need to acquire plastic Skavenslaves, can you help?
I have a blog now, evidently. Featuring the Alternative Mordheim Model Megalist.

"Your society's broken, so who should we blame? Should we blame the rich, powerful people who caused it? No, lets blame the people with no power and no money and those immigrants who don't even have the vote. Yea, it must be their fething fault." - Iain M Banks
-----
"The language of modern British politics is meant to sound benign. But words do not mean what they seem to mean. 'Reform' actually means 'cut' or 'end'. 'Flexibility' really means 'exploit'. 'Prudence' really means 'don't invest'. And 'efficient'? That means whatever you want it to mean, usually 'cut'. All really mean 'keep wages low for the masses, taxes low for the rich, profits high for the corporations, and accept the decline in public services and amenities this will cause'." - Robin McAlpine from Common Weal 
   
Made in gb
Princeps of the Emperor's Titan!






You not liking it does not mean it’s objectively daft though?


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Anyways.

It’s actually six films currently in development.

https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/star-wars/65297/star-wars-six-new-movies-in-development

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/15 05:53:27


Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives?Why not join us?

 
   
Made in ca
Infiltrating Broodlord





Toronto, Ontario

 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
You not liking it does not mean it’s objectively daft though?



I'm sorry, are you seriously telling me space Jesus Leia is not objectively daft?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/15 12:53:22


 
   
Made in gb
Princeps of the Emperor's Titan!






Not really, no. She's a force user. We've seen far, far weirder stuff happen there.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives?Why not join us?

 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
You not liking it does not mean it’s objectively daft though?


It's literally millions of fans who don't like it. I was looking at some numbers and came up with the below data specifically looking at middle entries of the SW trilogies compared to the first entry of their respective trillogy

  • TLJ captured the lowest percentage of the first film's box office out of the three trilogies

  • TLJ is the only of the three middle films to be liked less than the first film based on IMDB user scores

  • TLJ has the sharpest drop off of users who liked it compared to the previous film on Rotten Tomatoes


  •    
    Made in us
    Blood-Drenched Death Company Marine




    Given how the online ratings have been manipulated by gakheads. I don't think we can take them seriously at this point.

    I think this is relevant to the topic:


       
    Made in gb
    Princeps of the Emperor's Titan!






    As Crimson Devil said, we know there is report manipulation going on.

    Reading viewer reviews on RT, you can spot the 'just posting this as spam'.

    Now, that is not to discount any and all criticism of the movie. If you didn't like, you didn't like it. That's obviously fine. But when there's evidence of sad neckbeards with an agenda, you need to be very careful about what you treat as reliable data.

    Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives?Why not join us?

     
       
    Made in us
    Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps




     Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
    Not really, no. She's a force user. We've seen far, far weirder stuff happen there.


    Such as? I'm trying to come up with anything weirder then Leia suddenly being Christopher Reeves as Superman and drawing a complete blank.

    At that doesn't even include coming back inside the ship through a normal hallway door rather than an airlock (woops, killed all those characters)

    Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
       
    Made in gb
    Princeps of the Emperor's Titan!






    Well, tiny Yoda levitates an X-Wing out of a Swamp.

    The Emperor summons lightning from nowhere.

    Objects flying to the hand.

    In the Clone Wars mini-series, Yoda flinging massive ships around with The Force.

    So to be objectively daft, I couldn't offer these points. But I can. That doesn't mean you therefore have to like that scene, or reassess your dislike for it. But it does show it's subjectively daft.

    Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives?Why not join us?

     
       
    Made in ca
    Missionary On A Mission






    More directly to the point, Luke uses the force to jump out of the carbon freezing pit onto the tech-tech apparatus above it while Darth Vader has his back turned.

    And that only really matters if you truly believe she's 'flying' and not merely pulling at an object that's way heavier than she is, therefore pulling herself through the weightless vacuum.

    And here we are, quibbling about TLJ again instead of discussing the topic at hand. All thanks to the same people throwing up the same short essays about how totally over Star Wars they are.

       
    Made in gb
    Mekboy Hammerin' Somethin'





    Dorset, England

     Crimson Devil wrote:
    Jar Jar Binks

    To be honest, I was 10 when Phantom Menace came out and loved Jar Jar. He was in the film to appeal to children who hadn't seen Star Wars before like me.
    Just like Ewoks and Porgs, I fully expect we'll get more comic characters that appeal to children in the next 6 films!
       
    Made in gb
    Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






    UK

     Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
    As Crimson Devil said, we know there is report manipulation going on.

    Reading viewer reviews on RT, you can spot the 'just posting this as spam'.

    Now, that is not to discount any and all criticism of the movie. If you didn't like, you didn't like it. That's obviously fine. But when there's evidence of sad neckbeards with an agenda, you need to be very careful about what you treat as reliable data.


    if you did like it thats fine.

    How many crictics posted favourable reports because they were paid or convinced to do so.....

    I AM A MARINE PLAYER

    "Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
    Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

    "I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

    www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

    A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
       
    Made in gb
    Princeps of the Emperor's Titan!






    Well, please show me evidence to support that any were? Actual evidence. Confessionals, leaks, that sort of thing.

    They’ve no trouble ripping into crap Disney fare (Salazar’s Revenge, Lone Ranger, John Carter, Tomorrowland, A Wrinkle In Time) so it’s not that scared of The House Of Mouse.

    Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives?Why not join us?

     
       
    Made in us
    Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps




     Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
    Well, tiny Yoda levitates an X-Wing out of a Swamp.

    The Emperor summons lightning from nowhere.

    Objects flying to the hand.

    In the Clone Wars mini-series, Yoda flinging massive ships around with The Force.

    So to be objectively daft, I couldn't offer these points. But I can. That doesn't mean you therefore have to like that scene, or reassess your dislike for it. But it does show it's subjectively daft.


    I have no idea why you think that. The examples you bring up are consistent with the setting, if exaggerated in the cartoon.. Surviving in vacuum and unaided flight are not.

    Indeed we get to see trained Jedi making desperate efforts not to get blasted out into space, not treating it as a casual inconvenience or chance for a glamour shot.

    This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/15 18:34:57


    Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
       
    Made in gb
    Princeps of the Emperor's Titan!






    It’s not unaided flight though, is it?

    She’s using the Force to pull herself back toward the ship.

    As for the vacuum of space? Science suggests it’s not the instantaneous death many think. And looking at the timing, Leia’s jaunt could be survivable. She’s also clearly in intensive care, using high tech medical stuff which we can only guess at - but given Vader survived being quadraspazzed and all burnt and stuff? Seems consistent.

    Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives?Why not join us?

     
       
    Made in gb
    Multispectral Nisse




    Luton, UK

    Christ, are people still banging the 'Actually TLJ was really well received, I loved it, everyone I know loved it and there was definitely some sort of online campaign to make review sites mark it down' drum?

    I will never understand the TLJ fans' refusal to admit that this was a deeply divisive film that a hugely significant number of SW fans couldn't get on board with.

    There are loads of films I love that I realise are a bit naff, and that I'm in a minority in enjoying them. There are oscar-winning universally-feted films that I've switched off halfway through out of sheer boredom. I've never subsequently gone online and accused the world of 'neckbeard conspiracies' because the consensus doesn't agree with my taste.

    “Good people are quick to help others in need, without hesitation or requiring proof the need is genuine. The wicked will believe they are fighting for good, but when others are in need they’ll be reluctant to help, withholding compassion until they see proof of that need. And yet Evil is quick to condemn, vilify and attack. For Evil, proof isn’t needed to bring harm, only hatred and a belief in the cause.” 
       
    Made in us
    Blood-Drenched Death Company Marine




    Leia didn't fly, she used the Force to move the ship to her.

    Seriously, moving objects with the force is a common practice. Moving yourself, in space would be a trivial use of the power.

    The real reason it happened is Star Wars is now competing with Super Hero movies. Expect more displays of Force (Super) powers you havn't seen before.


    Automatically Appended Next Post:
     Riquende wrote:
    Christ, are people still banging the 'Actually TLJ was really well received, I loved it, everyone I know loved it and there was definitely some sort of online campaign to make review sites mark it down' drum?

    I will never understand the TLJ fans' refusal to admit that this was a deeply divisive film that a hugely significant number of SW fans couldn't get on board with.


    It was divisive. The reasons for that is what we are dancing around because some people can't be honest with themselves and admit it. The hyperbolic bs excuses for why they hated it don't help at all.

    This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/15 18:57:59


     
       
    Made in gb
    Princeps of the Emperor's Titan!






     Riquende wrote:
    Christ, are people still banging the 'Actually TLJ was really well received, I loved it, everyone I know loved it and there was definitely some sort of online campaign to make review sites mark it down' drum?

    I will never understand the TLJ fans' refusal to admit that this was a deeply divisive film that a hugely significant number of SW fans couldn't get on board with.

    There are loads of films I love that I realise are a bit naff, and that I'm in a minority in enjoying them. There are oscar-winning universally-feted films that I've switched off halfway through out of sheer boredom. I've never subsequently gone online and accused the world of 'neckbeard conspiracies' because the consensus doesn't agree with my taste.


    Not sure anyone is saying anything of the like? Indeed, I’ve been abundantly clear that if someone didn’t like it, they didn’t like it. There’s no issue with that.

    Indeed, it’s those claiming critics were bribed, threatened, paid off etc that are making distinctly suspect claims.

    Go look at the audience reviews for TLJ on Rotten Tomatoes. For every constructive criticism, regardless of score, there’s a ‘muuuuhhhhhhhhh no like it’. So yes, the film was clearly divisive. I for one enjoyed it. Others I know also enjoyed it, others it left cold. But the evidence is there that an organised campaign of negative reviews have affected the score. And when people complain about stuff being objectively bad, and are shown they’re actually subjectively bad?

    The worst thing is that peeps just don’t seem to be able to let it go. I enjoyed it. Others didn’t. Do we really need the same old commenters making the same old comments on every thread about Star Wars? It was 18 or so months ago. Move on. It’s just a film. There’s no need to tread the same old ground time and time and time again - particularly in a thread not entitled ‘What did you think of The Last Jedi’.

    This thread? Well, the title is about three new films pencilled in for 2022, 2024 and 2026, with an update post, linking to an article confirming there are actually six films currently in some form of pre or outright production.

    If peeps are done with Star Wars? Be done with it and move on. All you do here is harsh other people’s mellows, and clog up threads.

    Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives?Why not join us?

     
       
    Made in gb
    Multispectral Nisse




    Luton, UK

     Crimson Devil wrote:

    It was divisive. The reasons for that is what we are dancing around because some people can't be honest with themselves and admit it. The hyperbolic bs excuses for why they hated it don't help at all.


    I don't doubt what you're driving at was a factor for an unfortunately large group of people who are looking to take offense at any perceived progressive agenda; but personally I'm an SJW-friendly bleeding-heart liberal and I hated it!


    Automatically Appended Next Post:
     Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:

    Be done with it and move on


    Your own post is literally the very thing you're complaining about.

    This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/05/15 19:30:11


    “Good people are quick to help others in need, without hesitation or requiring proof the need is genuine. The wicked will believe they are fighting for good, but when others are in need they’ll be reluctant to help, withholding compassion until they see proof of that need. And yet Evil is quick to condemn, vilify and attack. For Evil, proof isn’t needed to bring harm, only hatred and a belief in the cause.” 
       
    Made in us
    Powerful Phoenix Lord






    I can move on from The Last Jedi...I saw it, hated it, and that's fine.

    What I feel compelled to comment against is people actually stating the film was objectively well made or written. That's not a matter of opinion. It's one thing if you say "yeah the film was a mess, but I enjoyed it!". Heck, my favourite film of all time was a massive blockbuster failure.

    What's insulting is the continued "well they're just nostalgic fanboys who can't move on!' style of defense. It's akin to the use of the word "troll" and "hater" - an indication that you're unable to actually produce a cogent argument against things being said. I'm not a Star Wars nut. I think the original films were fine, but nothing particularly special. I critique The Last Jedi as a normal movie-goer.

    Judging by some of the posts in this thread, I'd assume I watched a different film than some people - some very outlandish statements of praise have been made. You can like a bad movie, that's fine. That's the very reason cult classic films exist, etc. But to falsely defend something as a well-written and well made film is borderline silly.

     
       
    Made in us
    Longtime Dakkanaut






     Crimson Devil wrote:
    It was divisive. The reasons for that is what we are dancing around because some people can't be honest with themselves and admit it. The hyperbolic bs excuses for why they hated it don't help at all.


    This is exactly part of the problem that isn't helping. "I liked it because it was good and you hated it because you are bad." Is the kind of white-knighting that doesn't help.

    Anyway, with regards to the new Star Wars trilogies, I do not think Disney is currently capable of creating a good Star Wars series of films. They'd probably do fine making one-offs here and there (Rogue One was good and Solo wasn't terrible), but a solid multi-chapter tale is not something I have any confidence in Disney's ability to do.
       
     
    Forum Index » Geek Media
    Go to: