Switch Theme:

W40k : Imperial Guard 6th ed codex for early 2014 (updated nov. 8)  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert

Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.

Made in at
Slashing Veteran Sword Bretheren

I hope the special characters become cheaper. Right no they are too costly.

2000 l 2000 l 2000 l 1500 l 1000 l 1000 l Blood Ravens (using Ravenguard CT) 1500 l 1500 l
Eldar tactica l Black Templars tactica l Tau tactica l Astra Militarum codex summary l 7th ed summary l Tutorial: Hinged Land Raider doors (easy!) l My blog: High Gothic Musings
 Ravenous D wrote:
40K is like a beloved grandparent that is slowly falling into dementia and the rest of the family is in denial about how bad it is.
squidhills wrote:
GW is scared of girls. Why do you think they have so much trouble sculpting attractive female models? Because girls have cooties and the staff at GW don't like looking at them for too long because it makes them feel funny in their naughty place.

Made in us
Calculating Commissar

Has this been posted yet? And do we know if it is fake or not?

40k: IG "The Poli-Aima 1st" ~3500pts (and various allies)
KHADOR
X-Wing (Empire Strong)
 Ouze wrote:
I can't wait to buy one of these, open the box, peek at the sprues, and then put it back in the box and store it unpainted for years.

Made in nz
Heroic Senior Officer

New Zealand

I think they are metal ones repackaged. Look exactly the same as the originals.

Made in fr
Trazyn's Museum Curator

on the forum. Obviously

Wouldn't they be in finecast then? Good to see the possibility of SL on the shelves again. Having Cadians and Catachans was getting old.
Maybe we'll see Mordians and Valhallans as well.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/12/30 23:11:59

What I have
~4100
~1660

Westwood lives in death!
Peace through power!

A longbeard when it comes to Necrons and WHFB. Grumble Grumble

Made in au
Veteran Inquisitorial Tyranid Xenokiller

Down Under

There is a News Topic about the Steel Legion photo being fake. Check the photo and you will see the minis are holding their lasguns in their left arms.

They are just image flips of the current models in a fancy photoshop background.

Glory is fleeting. Obscurity is forever.

Made in au
Fixture of Dakka

Melbourne

Yeah Happygrunt that pic was confirmed fake in this thread.
It's easy to tell it's a fake though. They're all left handed.

Silly Games Workshop. There are no left handed people in the Forty-first millennium. Everyone knows they were all eradicated in the great left-right wars of M23.

My Blogs -
Hobby Blog
Terrain

Made in at
Slashing Veteran Sword Bretheren

100% fake. Notice the 40k logo is pointing straight at us while the script at the bottom left is at an angle. that defies physics.

squidhills wrote:
GW is scared of girls. Why do you think they have so much trouble sculpting attractive female models? Because girls have cooties and the staff at GW don't like looking at them for too long because it makes them feel funny in their naughty place.

Made in kr
Regular Dakkanaut

AH well. Right now all I am tracking is a new artillery combi- kit and a storm trooper/vet kit. Anything else?

Made in us
Calculating Commissar

 Snrub wrote:
Yeah Happygrunt that pic was confirmed fake in this thread.
It's easy to tell it's a fake though. They're all left handed.

Silly Games Workshop. There are no left handed people in the Forty-first millennium. Everyone knows they were all eradicated in the great left-right wars of M23.

Whopsie, didn't see that.

And I didn't catch the left handed thing either!

 Ouze wrote:
I can't wait to buy one of these, open the box, peek at the sprues, and then put it back in the box and store it unpainted for years.

Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests

Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Well it's not so much that the models are fake - those models do exist after all - but more that we ain't getting any boxes of 5 Steel Legion in fancy new packaging. A clever bit of fakery though.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

Made in au
Fixture of Dakka

Melbourne

Oh you and your nitpickery H. *chortle*

You are right though. It is a clever bit of fakery. It'd be pretty damn convincing to if they weren't all left handed. The faker has ever gone to the trouble of giving them the faded mirroring that those boxes have. I don't really know how hard that is to do, but kudos to him for effort put in.

My Blogs -
Hobby Blog
Terrain

Made in gb
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord

I still don't believe they'd make a new artillery kit and not roll the Basilisk into it too.

Made in us
Shas'ui with Bonding Knife

Not sure if anyone saw this yet, but over at BOLS they are claiming rumors of a new big malcador style tank (bigger than a landraider, smaller than a baneblade), and a couple other tidbits that have been known (plastic stormtroops/vets, etc):

Also a new flier which is a dogfighter, but neither a lightning or thunderbolt - never before seen per the rumor. Interesting !

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2013/12/40k-rumors-ig-rumormill-ramping-up.html

Not sure if its anything new, but thought i'd share as i didn't see anything about it.

I'm eagerly looking forward to this book, as i can finally do a Smidge of Guard, Smidge of Space Marines and Smidge of Inquisition and have a full power and might of the imperium themed force.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2013/12/31 22:05:12

 daedalus wrote:

I mean, it's Dakka. I thought snide arguments from emotion were what we did here.

Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor

Gathering the Informations.

Here's a rumor for you:
Imperial Guard are getting a new Codex!

That's pretty much what I'm reading from BOLS. There's enough precedent to make really believable rumors without ever having any kind of source.

Made in us
Shas'ui with Bonding Knife

Except that it says four much more distinct pieces of information ?

New tank sized between land raider and baneblade.

New dogfighter purposed flier never before seen (not a lightning, not a thunder bolt)

Info on changes to the basilisk model.

Info on a plastic vet guard / stormtrooper kit.

... seems much more than "Herp a Derp, new codex" to me.

The plastic stormtrooper kit 'ive heard before, and i've heard rumblings of a new tank (though the sizing is new), but the basilisk and new flier are news to me. I might have missed them of course, but it seemed like there was at least a little meat on the bone more than "new book".

 daedalus wrote:

I mean, it's Dakka. I thought snide arguments from emotion were what we did here.

Made in ca

 Snrub wrote:

Silly Games Workshop. There are no left handed people in the Forty-first millennium. Everyone knows they were all eradicated in the great left-right wars of M23.

Funny you mention that, because there was always something that stuck me odd on the Ig Codex cover

Spoiler:

Even is lasgun seems to be of a spacial make

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2014/01/02 18:49:23

Made in de
Aspirant Tech-Adept

 Snrub wrote:
Yeah Happygrunt that pic was confirmed fake in this thread.
It's easy to tell it's a fake though. They're all left handed.

Silly Games Workshop. There are no left handed people in the Forty-first millennium. Everyone knows they were all eradicated in the great left-right wars of M23.

Oh there are left-handed people around. I guess the high number of those mutants in their ranks was their downfall...

Made in gb
Fighter Pilot

Essex, UK

Heretics!

An Armour Save? No, never heard of it. Me? I play Imperial Guard.

Made in au
Fixture of Dakka

Melbourne

 Dryaktylus wrote:
Oh there are left-handed people around. I guess the high number of those mutants in their ranks was their downfall...

Huh.... now that's weird. I've never noticed that they are left handed.

There are also a few autogun wielding left handed cultists in the DV box that I'm particularly fond of. Good to see some lefties creeping their way in. Even if only for realisms sake.

My Blogs -
Hobby Blog
Terrain

Made in fr
Trazyn's Museum Curator

on the forum. Obviously

I found there appears to be quite a few left handed orks as well. So mutants and aliens are lefties. Go figure.

Guess I'm a mutie

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2014/01/02 21:45:01

What I have
~4100
~1660

Westwood lives in death!
Peace through power!

A longbeard when it comes to Necrons and WHFB. Grumble Grumble

Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut

Omadon's Realm

This is all a bit sinister...

A bit ordo sinister...

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Ordo_Sinister#.UsX6lPtjKuM

Made in us
Grim Rune Priest in the Eye of the Storm

Riverside CA

Going beyond Weapons, this is what I would like to see

HQ:
>The ability just to take a Commander without the Company Command Squad
>Company Command Squads getting Valkuries as a Dedicated Transport
>A Cavalry Commander that lets you take/make Rough Riders
>Squat Commander
>Company Commander Pask, allows Tanks to be take/make Troops
>Commanders give army wide Doctrines
Elites:
>Storm Troopers getting Valkuries as a Dedicated Transport
>Squat Squad, Carapace upgradable to Power Armor.
>Ogryn getting Rending, Range?, Defiantly Melee and able to buy Carapace Amor
Troops:
>Sergeants getting access to Las Gun
>Beastman Squads
Fast Attack
>Rough Rider get T 3(4) and/or W2, Options for Power Lances or 2nd Las Pistol
>Vendetta loosing Transport Capacity and/or Price Hike.
>Assault Squad with options for twin Las Pistols, Jump Packs and/or Bike
Heavy Support:
>Heavy Weapons Squads, 4 Heavy Weapon Teams, Sergeant and Vox Caster.

Space Wolf Player Since 1989
My First Impression Threads:
https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/727226.page;jsessionid=3BCA26863DCC17CF82F647B2839DA6E5

I am a Furry that plays with little Toy Soldiers; if you are taking me too seriously I am not the only one with Issues.

IEGA Web Site”: http://www.meetup.com/IEGA-InlandEmpireGamersAssociation/

Made in ca
Fixture of Dakka

Bathing in elitist French expats fumes

 Anpu42 wrote:
Going beyond Weapons, this is what I would like to see

HQ:
>The ability just to take a Commander without the Company Command Squad
>Company Command Squads getting Valkuries as a Dedicated Transport
>A Cavalry Commander that lets you take/make Rough Riders
>Squat Commander
>Company Commander Pask, allows Tanks to be take/make Troops
>Commanders give army wide Doctrines
Elites:
>Storm Troopers getting Valkuries as a Dedicated Transport
>Squat Squad, Carapace upgradable to Power Armor.
>Ogryn getting Rending, Range?, Defiantly Melee and able to buy Carapace Amor
Troops:
>Sergeants getting access to Las Gun
>Beastman Squads
Fast Attack
>Rough Rider get T 3(4) and/or W2, Options for Power Lances or 2nd Las Pistol
>Vendetta loosing Transport Capacity and/or Price Hike.
>Assault Squad with options for twin Las Pistols, Jump Packs and/or Bike
Heavy Support:
>Heavy Weapons Squads, 4 Heavy Weapon Teams, Sergeant and Vox Caster.

My name is Mathieu, and I approve this message.

 GamesWorkshop wrote:
And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!

Made in au
Fixture of Dakka

Melbourne

 Anpu42 wrote:
A Cavalry Commander that lets you take/make Rough Riders
Yes. I want to run a full Cav army.
 Anpu42 wrote:
Company Commander Pask, allows Tanks to be take/make Troops
YEEEEEEEEEES! I want to run a full tank company dammit.
 Anpu42 wrote:
Commanders give army wide Doctrines
I'd love to see doctrines back.
 Anpu42 wrote:
Ogryn getting Rending, Range?, Defiantly Melee and able to buy Carapace Amour
Ogryns need a price drop and carapace armour. I can deal with everything else.
 Anpu42 wrote:
Sergeants getting access to Las Gun
This. So very much this.
 Anpu42 wrote:
Rough Rider get T 3(4) and/or W2, Options for Power Lances or 2nd Las Pistol
I'm not quite sure what Rough riders need to make them usable but this looks like a good start.
 Anpu42 wrote:
Vendetta loosing Transport Capacity and/or Price Hike.
Probably not a bad idea dropping the troop capacity.
 Anpu42 wrote:
Heavy Weapons Squads, 4 Heavy Weapon Teams, Sergeant and Vox Caster.
Heavy weapon squads need a vox so badly. So very very badly.

My Blogs -
Hobby Blog
Terrain

Made in gb
Wrathful Warlord Titan Commander

Ramsden Heath, Essex

Inquisitor Jex wrote:
 Snrub wrote:

Silly Games Workshop. There are no left handed people in the Forty-first millennium. Everyone knows they were all eradicated in the great left-right wars of M23.

Funny you mention that, because there was always something that stuck me odd on the Ig Codex cover

Spoiler:

Even is lasgun seems to be of a spacial make

That Commissar looks like a lefty to me as well....

How do you promote your Hobby? - Legoburner "I run some crappy wargaming website "

Made in nl
[MOD]
Decrepit Dakkanaut

Cozy cockpit of an Imperial Knight

As is the commander, or most officer types for that matter when brandishing both pistol and some sort of melee weapon.

Fatum Iustum Stultorum

Fiat justitia ruat caelum

Made in au
Fixture of Dakka

Melbourne

Commie and commander both look right handed to me.

My Blogs -
Hobby Blog
Terrain

Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut

London UK

yeah,
 Dryaktylus wrote:
There are also a few autogun wielding left handed cultists in the DV box that I'm particularly fond of. Good to see some lefties creeping their way in. Even if only for realisms sake.

In the DV box GW took a digital short cut.

They designed 4 right hand cultists models, they then digitally horizontal fliped the the 3D image.
made a few tweaks .. Boom 8 models!..
plus 1 leader and 1 heavy to make 10.

Same trick with the pistol/CCW combat guys..
So it's not a shift in GW policy.. just a cheap trick!

Panic...

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 2014/01/03 11:20:14

Made in gb
Warning From Magnus? Not Listening!

UK

Call it a cheap trick, but doesn't the end result look pretty nice? Doesn't make a huge difference to me as long as the models come out OK, which for single-pose push-fits those cultists sure do. Samey if you want to run a big blob, I suppose...

Dead account, no takesy-backsies

Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests

Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

I don't think GW has a "policy" on left handed minis.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: