Switch Theme:

Kill Team 2021 news & rumours  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Gathering the Informations.

 privateer4hire wrote:
 Ohman wrote:


We don't have a price for Chalnath yet, do we? Would be nice if it was under £100.


Does it contain a core rulebook, does anyone know?

It doesn't seem to. There's just the Chalnath book.

Octarius likely included the Core book since it was a bundle for the game's new edition.
   
Made in us
Shas'ui with Bonding Knife






Octarius was a launch box, this is an expansion.

I'd wager this will cost around 80€ - 100€
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




£105 for Chalnath apparently. Ouch. It's not so much the individual box price as the idea of picking up all 4 annual boxes to get a nice self-contained game is now a much bigger ask.
   
Made in gb
Sneaky Lictor





London

deano2099 wrote:
£105 for Chalnath apparently. Ouch. It's not so much the individual box price as the idea of picking up all 4 annual boxes to get a nice self-contained game is now a much bigger ask.


I'd feel a bit better about it if there seemed to be any plan for how I could buy the Chalnath book separately to at least know the rules of the faction I'm playing against without a stack of stuff I don't need. It remains to be seen if it will be easy to eBay.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/25 09:46:26


 
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







 tauist wrote:
Octarius was a launch box, this is an expansion.

I'd wager this will cost around 80€ - 100€


Hahaha. It's 140€ whilst having around 80€ less content (individual costs of all the rules/play aides in Chardon)

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in es
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps






Huh. Whelp.
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







Seems to be close to full retail for a Kill Zone and two squad boxes.

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in us
Da Head Honcho Boss Grot




New Jersey, State of Perfection

105GBP is the 165USD price point. Oh happy day!

This ain't no pansy GW Armor, son - Digital Sculpting Plog, Now with Heavy Weapon Platforms!
Sympathy for the Devil, or: The Project Log from Hell

Ma55ter_fett wrote:It reads like the ramblings of a Nigerian lobotomized Shakespeare typed into a cellphone with a very aggressive autocomplete function.
 
   
Made in gb
Stubborn Dark Angels Veteran Sergeant






The terrain in Octarius makes it seem like a bargain in comparison to this box... The terrain is so basic (even if it has a fairly high RRP).

Poor box, and one that either won't sell well, or will only sell well for people wanting the sisters. Tau are a poor choice to include IMO.

My hobby instagram account: @the_shroud_of_vigilance
My Shroud of Vigilance Hobby update blog for me detailed updates and lore on the faction:
Blog 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

 endlesswaltz123 wrote:
The terrain in Octarius makes it seem like a bargain in comparison to this box... The terrain is so basic (even if it has a fairly high RRP).

Poor box, and one that either won't sell well, or will only sell well for people wanting the sisters. Tau are a poor choice to include IMO.


Don't forget the T'au are just an existing kit with an upgrade sprue.

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in us
Da Head Honcho Boss Grot




New Jersey, State of Perfection

I mean, its at least $100 in minis, looks like another $80-100 in terrain, a $25 board, and a $40 rulebook. Theres plenty of value in the box, though it suffers from diminishing returns as you only really want 1 copy of the book and if you're like me you don't care much about the board, so you're really only in it for the plastic.Spending $165 to get $180-200 in plastic is still a discount.

This ain't no pansy GW Armor, son - Digital Sculpting Plog, Now with Heavy Weapon Platforms!
Sympathy for the Devil, or: The Project Log from Hell

Ma55ter_fett wrote:It reads like the ramblings of a Nigerian lobotomized Shakespeare typed into a cellphone with a very aggressive autocomplete function.
 
   
Made in gb
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader





 endlesswaltz123 wrote:
The terrain in Octarius makes it seem like a bargain in comparison to this box... The terrain is so basic (even if it has a fairly high RRP).

Poor box, and one that either won't sell well, or will only sell well for people wanting the sisters. Tau are a poor choice to include IMO.

The Tau are what makes this box a definite no from me. They were in another of the Killteam starters too, I managed to sell a couple of the squads I had and this newer one might also shift a bit quicker due to the upgrade sprue but really I can't be bothered to do it again.
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






I was interested in the box but at that price I'm not sure. It isn't even the price itself, but without a core rulebook and maybe those dumb measuring tools don't know if the bundle has enough to get me to pull the trigger.

I certainly want the Sisters and I wouldn't mind having another squad of Pathfinders. I also prefer the Imperial ruins over the Ork ones from Octarius (I appreciate GW making Xenos terrain, but it's simply less useful to me). But once you add the price of the separate rulebook I'd need to get into the game that's a whole lot of money for not a whole lot of stuff. Especially since I'm wary of GW rules these days and haven't had the opportunity to test or see the game first hand.

And for the price of the box, I'll be able to buy three squads of Sisters in February or whenever they get their individual release.

Tough one.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in es
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps






chaos0xomega wrote:
I mean, its at least $100 in minis, looks like another $80-100 in terrain, a $25 board, and a $40 rulebook. Theres plenty of value in the box, though it suffers from diminishing returns as you only really want 1 copy of the book and if you're like me you don't care much about the board, so you're really only in it for the plastic.Spending $165 to get $180-200 in plastic is still a discount.


At least $100 in minis?

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Pathfinder-Team-2017

So we're positing the sisters at at least $62 or a significant jump in the price of the pathfinders, right?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/25 12:43:21


 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

 Albertorius wrote:
chaos0xomega wrote:
I mean, its at least $100 in minis, looks like another $80-100 in terrain, a $25 board, and a $40 rulebook. Theres plenty of value in the box, though it suffers from diminishing returns as you only really want 1 copy of the book and if you're like me you don't care much about the board, so you're really only in it for the plastic.Spending $165 to get $180-200 in plastic is still a discount.


At least $100 in minis?

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Pathfinder-Team-2017

So we're positing the sisters at at least $62 or a significant jump in the price of the pathfinders, right?


Knowing GW the Pathfinders are gonna be 45$ and the Sisters 60$. Aka the prices of """new""" Cadians (they have a hat!), and the regular SoB squad.

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Gathering the Informations.

JWBS wrote:
 endlesswaltz123 wrote:
The terrain in Octarius makes it seem like a bargain in comparison to this box... The terrain is so basic (even if it has a fairly high RRP).

Poor box, and one that either won't sell well, or will only sell well for people wanting the sisters. Tau are a poor choice to include IMO.

The Tau are what makes this box a definite no from me. They were in another of the Killteam starters too, I managed to sell a couple of the squads I had and this newer one might also shift a bit quicker due to the upgrade sprue but really I can't be bothered to do it again.

The Tau from the starter were Fire Warriors not Pathfinders.

Just a minor note.
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







There's been no word on the Octarius Ork terrain coming out on its own yet, has there?

2021 Plog - Here we go again... - my fifth attempt at a Dakka PLOG

My [url=https://pileofpotential.com/dysartes]Pile of Potential[/url - updates ongoing...

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.


 Kanluwen wrote:
This is, emphatically, why I will continue suggesting nuking Guard and starting over again. It's a legacy army that needs to be rebooted with a new focal point.

Confirmation of why no-one should listen to Kanluwen when it comes to the IG - he doesn't want the IG, he want's Kan's New Model Army... 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Gathering the Informations.

 Dysartes wrote:
There's been no word on the Octarius Ork terrain coming out on its own yet, has there?

Not yet, but that isn't a surprise.

Unboxing article.

Some highlights?
Sisters Novitiates have an "additional sprue" from the outset.
Main sprues
Spoiler:

The "upgrade sprue, which houses enough parts to make 10 distinct kinds of operative, ranging from the relic-bearing Novitiate Pronatus to the Novitiate Exactor with her twin neural whips."
Spoiler:


Tau upgrade sprue:
Spoiler:


Note that the upgrade sprue has an additional set of legs as well.
   
Made in us
Da Head Honcho Boss Grot




New Jersey, State of Perfection

 Albertorius wrote:
chaos0xomega wrote:
I mean, its at least $100 in minis, looks like another $80-100 in terrain, a $25 board, and a $40 rulebook. Theres plenty of value in the box, though it suffers from diminishing returns as you only really want 1 copy of the book and if you're like me you don't care much about the board, so you're really only in it for the plastic.Spending $165 to get $180-200 in plastic is still a discount.


At least $100 in minis?

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Pathfinder-Team-2017

So we're positing the sisters at at least $62 or a significant jump in the price of the pathfinders, right?


The additional Pathfinder sprue will definitely result in a price increase, $45-50 for the unit is my bet, and the sisters will be $50-60.

This ain't no pansy GW Armor, son - Digital Sculpting Plog, Now with Heavy Weapon Platforms!
Sympathy for the Devil, or: The Project Log from Hell

Ma55ter_fett wrote:It reads like the ramblings of a Nigerian lobotomized Shakespeare typed into a cellphone with a very aggressive autocomplete function.
 
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







So autogun or autopistol+sword for all Sisters, cool.

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






Richmond, VA

Dang. That Sisters set is also a great source for Autoguns for cultists. Love it.
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







Can anyone tell if the terrain is exactly the same as the 2018 box? When looking at the pictures it seems less, but counting the floor tiles and the full wall panels came out the same.

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in gb
Stubborn Dark Angels Veteran Sergeant






 Dysartes wrote:
There's been no word on the Octarius Ork terrain coming out on its own yet, has there?


No but it is expected to come, I won't be surprised if it is announced the same pre-order week as the ocatarius squads... As nice as it is, it's not worthy of a footnote at a games expo as the release of those kits standalone were.

My hobby instagram account: @the_shroud_of_vigilance
My Shroud of Vigilance Hobby update blog for me detailed updates and lore on the faction:
Blog 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Sisters sprues are great.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






So, about the Novitiates' headdress that's not exactly seen universal praise, seeing the Sister with the cup makes me think it's actually pretty cool as long as it's combined with a rebreather. I'm sure I have more time to think about alternative heads or conversions, but it's good to have that mailed down as an easy fix.

And yeah, the sprues are nice. Will be good to have a few of.

 Scottywan82 wrote:
Dang. That Sisters set is also a great source for Autoguns for cultists. Love it.


Indeed. I've wanted such a bountiful source of plastic autoguns literally for decades.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Gathering the Informations.

chaos0xomega wrote:

The additional Pathfinder sprue will definitely result in a price increase, $45-50 for the unit is my bet, and the sisters will be $50-60.

Sisters will likely be $50...but they do have an upgrade sprue as well.

Pathfinders are looking at $45, minimum. Their unit has always been wonky pricing though since it basically mandates you needing a Devilfish to get the "full experience" because of that Recon Drone.

I do think it interesting that this is now two brand new Imperial units accompanied by an upgrade sprue. Kommandos didn't get an upgrade sprue alongside of them, but DKoK did. Novitiates got one from the outset and Pathfinders are just an additional sprue to go with what they already had.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/25 14:03:39


 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

 Kanluwen wrote:
chaos0xomega wrote:

The additional Pathfinder sprue will definitely result in a price increase, $45-50 for the unit is my bet, and the sisters will be $50-60.

Sisters will likely be $50...but they do have an upgrade sprue as well.


Regular Battle Sister Squad is 60$.

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







 Kanluwen wrote:
I do think it interesting that this is now two brand new Imperial units accompanied by an upgrade sprue. Kommandos didn't get an upgrade sprue alongside of them, but DKoK did. Novitiates got one from the outset and Pathfinders are just an additional sprue to go with what they already had.

...am I odd for thinking that the Kommandos have missed out by not being designed in the same way as the DKoK and Novitiates? By which I mean a "basic" squad sprue, with upgrades for the KT options.

2021 Plog - Here we go again... - my fifth attempt at a Dakka PLOG

My [url=https://pileofpotential.com/dysartes]Pile of Potential[/url - updates ongoing...

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.


 Kanluwen wrote:
This is, emphatically, why I will continue suggesting nuking Guard and starting over again. It's a legacy army that needs to be rebooted with a new focal point.

Confirmation of why no-one should listen to Kanluwen when it comes to the IG - he doesn't want the IG, he want's Kan's New Model Army... 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Gathering the Informations.

 Dysartes wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
I do think it interesting that this is now two brand new Imperial units accompanied by an upgrade sprue. Kommandos didn't get an upgrade sprue alongside of them, but DKoK did. Novitiates got one from the outset and Pathfinders are just an additional sprue to go with what they already had.

...am I odd for thinking that the Kommandos have missed out by not being designed in the same way as the DKoK and Novitiates? By which I mean a "basic" squad sprue, with upgrades for the KT options.

Yes?

The Kommandos can be built as "traditional" Kommandos(slugga+choppa, upgrades of big shoota/rokkit launcha/burna) and the "new" kommandos(grot, bomb squig, ram guy, and the pseudo-commissar/vox-guy).

The DKoK can't use really any of their stuff. And some of it is even on the main sprue!
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







And the nu-Kommandos unit in 40k is a Underworlds-warband-in-AoS level clusterfeth of profiles that should not be allowed to exist. Hopefully all kill teams going forward will work off of KT specific upgrade sprues without a billion specialist items clogging up their 40k datasheet.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/25 15:38:01


Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: