Switch Theme:

[Adepta Sororitas] Pre-order Nov 16  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Auspicious Aspiring Champion of Chaos






They did

2750 Unliving Legion of the Zarith Dynasty
840 Imperial Knights of House Janis
2000 Khorne Bloodbound of the Skullfiend Tribe (Aqshy)
2000 Tzeentch Arcanites of the Cult of Searing Light (Hysh)
3000 Slaves to Darkness of the Legion of Rusted Chains (Allpoints/Azyr)
2500 Sylvaneth of the Seelie Court (Ghyran)
 
   
Made in ie
Missionary On A Mission





I don't recall seeing the codex on any of the leaked release schedules, I don't see why they would release the codex this month but only attached to this army box. Just seems weird to me.

 
   
Made in fi
Nimble Glade Rider





 Mr Morden wrote:
 Sim-Life wrote:
Fictional wrote:
 Mr Morden wrote:
I think its described as a special edition not a Limited Edition.

Is the box limited itself do we know?


the WC article calls it "Exclusive Edition of Codex: Adepta Sororitas", so make of that what you will, could be special, could be limited.

I would also suspect that the box will be like all the other "special" boxes they do, battle forces, xmas etc, and it will be a limited run, followed eventually by Start Collecting and individual boxes of units.


It'll be a stripped down version with only the rules for the models in the box and Acts Of Faith, strats, relics etc. Though it might not even include ALL of those. Like maybe only strats relevant to the models in the box, no warlord traits etc. I'd be surprised if we see the full codex before Feburary.

I thought that they had confirmed it was a full Codex?


"And no, it’s not an abridged codex – it’s the fully updated new edition of Codex: Adepta Sororitas, with special cover art exclusive to this set!"
Source: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/10/07/battle-sister-bulletin-part-18-arco-flagellants/
   
Made in ca
Trustworthy Shas'vre






 Kawauso wrote:
 John Prins wrote:
240 USD is going to work out to 310-315 CAD. That's a hard pass. I'll wait for mutli-part plastics and the lower priced codex.


It's $210 USD which will work out to around $250 CAD - what are you on about? Blood of the Phoenix is $230 USD/$280 CAD.


Oops, my bad. That's a bit better. 210 USD would convert to 275 CAD but GW doesn't always do a straight conversion like that. I'm probably still better off waiting as I'm not keen on Repentia, Arco-Flagellants or the Penitent Engine.

   
Made in us
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps




 Sim-Life wrote:
I don't recall seeing the codex on any of the leaked release schedules, I don't see why they would release the codex this month but only attached to this army box. Just seems weird to me.


Because the army box is all there is until sometime next year.

No point in releasing the codex alone until they're also selling the plastic kits they actually want to move. Also no point in competing with sales of the army box.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/11/05 18:51:30


Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Chairman Aeon wrote:
 bullyboy wrote:
it's pricey, but not terrible (at least not compared to Necromunda which is an immediate no bueno)


Yes, compared to a Bugatti, a Lamborghini is quite a deal. Of course neither of those things is reasonable priced and neither are these.

I'll wait for the squads and pick the ones I want. I'm OK paying Corvette prices for Fieros.



I mean, sure?
You'll probably end up spending similar amounts for the individual kits but I see no issue in that, your choice entirely.
Value is very subjective and this set has it for me, far more than Blood of the Phoenix or any other recent boxed set.
   
Made in us
Confessor Of Sins




 bullyboy wrote:
 Chairman Aeon wrote:
 bullyboy wrote:
it's pricey, but not terrible (at least not compared to Necromunda which is an immediate no bueno)


Yes, compared to a Bugatti, a Lamborghini is quite a deal. Of course neither of those things is reasonable priced and neither are these.

I'll wait for the squads and pick the ones I want. I'm OK paying Corvette prices for Fieros.



I mean, sure?
You'll probably end up spending similar amounts for the individual kits but I see no issue in that, your choice entirely.
Value is very subjective and this set has it for me, far more than Blood of the Phoenix or any other recent boxed set.


It's pretty cut and dry actually. One box is going to be slightly higher value than the base kits due to the codex+cards and early access it offers. The second box is highly unlikely to be a good value.

Figure 3.5 kits plus a character retails at around 240, adjust it down for being monopose and having janke loadouts and no options and it's probably right around 165-175 dollars of actual value in the models. 15 for the cards and 50 for the variant cover codex gives you a small discount at 210.

Every box after the first is a inefficient investment because the missing options eliminate any discount you might otherwise have gotten on the raw model count, especially for SoB who have access to 2 specials per 5 battle sisters and 4 special pistols per 5 seraphim.

2500pts
2500
3000


 
   
Made in us
Courageous Space Marine Captain




On the Internet

I don't get this idea that people should want to buy multuples of this box. It comes bundled with a codex, so that basically kills the need for multiples unless you want multiple codexes.

Basically, buy one at most and pick up the rest of the army when it drops in the new year.
   
Made in us
Preacher of the Emperor





St. Louis, Missouri USA

 ClockworkZion wrote:
I don't get this idea that people should want to buy multuples of this box. It comes bundled with a codex, so that basically kills the need for multiples unless you want multiple codexes.

Basically, buy one at most and pick up the rest of the army when it drops in the new year.
True. Cause ebay doesn't exist. I only want a Penni and a Codex. Sounds like I need to talk to someone who buys two boxes...

 
   
Made in us
Confessor Of Sins




 deviantduck wrote:
 ClockworkZion wrote:
I don't get this idea that people should want to buy multuples of this box. It comes bundled with a codex, so that basically kills the need for multiples unless you want multiple codexes.

Basically, buy one at most and pick up the rest of the army when it drops in the new year.
True. Cause ebay doesn't exist. I only want a Penni and a Codex. Sounds like I need to talk to someone who buys two boxes...


Codex will be easy, pengine will be pricey.

2500pts
2500
3000


 
   
Made in us
Preacher of the Emperor





St. Louis, Missouri USA

ERJAK wrote:
 deviantduck wrote:
 ClockworkZion wrote:
I don't get this idea that people should want to buy multuples of this box. It comes bundled with a codex, so that basically kills the need for multiples unless you want multiple codexes.

Basically, buy one at most and pick up the rest of the army when it drops in the new year.
True. Cause ebay doesn't exist. I only want a Penni and a Codex. Sounds like I need to talk to someone who buys two boxes...


Codex will be easy, pengine will be pricey.
Agreed. Good thing codex is a need and pengine is a want. Who knows, they might still be less than spectacular and make it easy to put off.

 
   
Made in au
Hooded Inquisitorial Interrogator





Australia

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
That puts it around the AUD$320-350 mark.

Nope.

Eugh.

$300 was my hard cut-off. I don't think I can justify it at more than that.

That's a crying shame. I've spent a long time looking forward to this.


Also: see my Deviant Art for more. 
   
Made in jp
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Aenar wrote:
Price of the new Sisters of Battle boxset: £125, €160, $210.

Spoiler:


Well, that's quite a bit of yen. Was hoping to be two thirds that.

Thanks for posting though, I appreciate it.
   
Made in se
[DCM]
Flailing Flagellant





Next to a keyboard.

Love the new tanks; have plenty of the old ones but will get these as well. The new Immolators be for the Dominion squads.

Getting two boxes and selling one codex.

Prediction: the boxes will sell out in two hours.

Hope there will be a plastic Repressor down the line.

 
   
Made in us
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps




$210. Hmm.
-$40 codex (yes, yes limited edition, whatever. It has the exact same lifespan as a non-limited edition)
-$15 datacards
- 0 dice (sorry, don't value dice- already have piles, and if they're ridiculous GW double special symbol dice, they have negative value)

$155 for 25 models, 1 of which is a HQ, 1 a light vehicle.

Not the worst deal I've seen lately, but not stellar. The individual kits will probably total more, so that's...something.


This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/11/06 04:16:59


Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Voss wrote:
$155 for 25 models, 1 of which is a HQ, 1 a light vehicle.

Not the worst deal I've seen lately, but not stellar. The individual kits will probably total more, so that's...something.
Well, other than the HQ, none of these are individual kits, so it's a harder comparison.

And we used to get a lot more than 25 minis for $155.

People seem to forget that the Star Collecting! boxes contain roughly half what the old Battleforces had, and the price is around the same (at least it is here in Oz).

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/11/06 04:45:23


   
Made in us
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps




 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Voss wrote:
$155 for 25 models, 1 of which is a HQ, 1 a light vehicle.

Not the worst deal I've seen lately, but not stellar. The individual kits will probably total more, so that's...something.
Well, other than the HQ, none of these are individual kits, so it's a harder comparison.

And we used to get a lot more than 25 minis for $155.


That's certainly true, but the 'individual kits' thing doesn't matter to me. 10 sisters is 10 sisters- the only problem with the Sisters squad in the box is the mismatch of special weapons.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/11/06 04:57:50


Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




If I'm honest, I'm just happy its cheaper than the eldar box. It'll be worth it for me, at least the one box though it'll be strange they won't be releasing a stand alone codex this year or any of the other kits. Hey, at least by the time the rest drops this all should be put together and maybe even painted.
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





 Coenus Scaldingus wrote:
Fictional wrote:
 stahly wrote:
People who seriously believed the box would be the price of a Start Collecting box will cry...


Or at least question their life choices, as there's a strong possibility they aren't good at estimating or making educated guesses.
Other people were set on the box costing £250, as per the Warhammer Community Survey competition terms and conditions. Guess it shows how erratic GW's prices can be - with decent discounts on some deals, yet with vastly exaggerated prices for some limited edition stuff.


Not quite sure yet myself. I prefer the full boxes to have more options and random bits to add variation, but at the same time these specific builds are nice variants themselves.


Incidentally looks like the prize might be 2 boxes. Price match and they said the prize comes this year along with general publication. that seems to exclude any independent kits that looks to be come next year.

https://middleagedstrategybattlegamers.home.blog/2019/11/16/tneva82-goblins-humans-and-elves/ <- lotr painting blog

12 factions for Lord of The Rings
11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5265 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights

 
   
Made in gb
Mighty Gouge-Horn




Anor Londo

Am I right in thinking that the box set is simply the future Sisters' Start Collecting sprues, bundled with a codex, at an inflated price?

   
Made in ie
Missionary On A Mission





 Undead_Love-Machine wrote:
Am I right in thinking that the box set is simply the future Sisters' Start Collecting sprues, bundled with a codex, at an inflated price?



No. Start Collecting sprues are just the sprues from the individual SKUs shoved in a single box so you get all the options of the individal kits. This has a specific sprue with all the parts jumbled together and no options. So you can't build a squad of Sisters with a storm bolter with this kit for example, it HAS to be the flamer.
   
Made in it
Sneaky Sniper Drone





 Sim-Life wrote:
 Undead_Love-Machine wrote:
Am I right in thinking that the box set is simply the future Sisters' Start Collecting sprues, bundled with a codex, at an inflated price?



No. Start Collecting sprues are just the sprues from the individual SKUs shoved in a single box so you get all the options of the individal kits. This has a specific sprue with all the parts jumbled together and no options. So you can't build a squad of Sisters with a storm bolter with this kit for example, it HAS to be the flamer.

Correct, but the upcoming SM Vanguard and CSM start collecting boxes are going to be specific sprues as well (the ones from Shadowspear.
One more thing: if you look closely, the 10 Battle Sisters in the box have 1 Flamer and 1 Storm Bolter.
   
Made in gb
Mighty Gouge-Horn




Anor Londo

I'm getting the feeling that people aren't seeing the wood for the trees here.
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





 Undead_Love-Machine wrote:
Am I right in thinking that the box set is simply the future Sisters' Start Collecting sprues, bundled with a codex, at an inflated price?



Maybe, maybe not. There's no evidence either way. Marines and chaos got one but that could just as well isolated. Plenty of similar sprue systems that didn't end up in SC's. Dangerous in assuming individual case is trend. People thought -1 to hit trait died from game with marine codex. It didn't even when there came book that could get rid of one either.

We have 2 SC's that are formed from mostly shadowspear. That's all. Whether that indicates same happens here is guess work.
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




The community seems really reluctant to pick up on what may be new trends in the making GW engages in.

Such as perhaps using box set monopose models as perhaps the contents of some new start collecting boxes. Which in this case they've done with apparently AoS and now are doing with 40k with the vanguard and chaos start collecting boxes.

I'd say it's a clear sign they want to experiment with this path, even if they don't whole sale do such. Maybe it's a cost cutting measure, sell cheaper product for the same inflated price ? Makes total sense with their current pricing direction. Then they can say the more advanced kits are worth the ever climbing costs as they have more " options " and try and sell monopose SC boxes as a sweet savings.

Edit: I'd say this as well. Anyone saying it's just a guess, I mean of course it's a guess. However every trend has to have a beginning point. The fact that they have any SC boxes that use box set mono pose models does show they aren't against that practice, the fact it spans two systems is even more telling and the fact two of the factions that received the most model drops this edition, one of which being the flagship faction, are ones getting this is very telling, for me anyways. YMMV.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/11/06 09:37:18


 
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





AngryAngel80 wrote:
The community seems really reluctant to pick up on what may be new trends in the making GW engages in.

Such as perhaps using box set monopose models as perhaps the contents of some new start collecting boxes. Which in this case they've done with apparently AoS and now are doing with 40k with the vanguard and chaos start collecting boxes.

I'd say it's a clear sign they want to experiment with this path, even if they don't whole sale do such. Maybe it's a cost cutting measure, sell cheaper product for the same inflated price ? Makes total sense with their current pricing direction. Then they can say the more advanced kits are worth the ever climbing costs as they have more " options " and try and sell monopose SC boxes as a sweet savings.


Sigh. It's possible but there's not enough data points to suggest. GW has done tons of things players were sure "this is the new GW trend from now on!" only for it to be just one off.

But sure every time GW releases anything differently it's instantly new trend. Never mind the evidence that individual changes in the past haven't always been long carrying trend.

It's possible but anybody claiming they know for sure it's new trend is just kidding themselves and ignoring the even longer trend GW has that they make one off releases without it becoming automatically a trend.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/11/06 09:37:28


https://middleagedstrategybattlegamers.home.blog/2019/11/16/tneva82-goblins-humans-and-elves/ <- lotr painting blog

12 factions for Lord of The Rings
11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5265 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights

 
   
Made in gb
Mighty Gouge-Horn




Anor Londo

AngryAngel80 wrote:
The community seems really reluctant to pick up on what may be new trends in the making GW engages in.

Such as perhaps using box set monopose models as perhaps the contents of some new start collecting boxes. Which in this case they've done with apparently AoS and now are doing with 40k with the vanguard and chaos start collecting boxes.

I'd say it's a clear sign they want to experiment with this path, even if they don't whole sale do such. Maybe it's a cost cutting measure, sell cheaper product for the same inflated price ? Makes total sense with their current pricing direction. Then they can say the more advanced kits are worth the ever climbing costs as they have more " options " and try and sell monopose SC boxes as a sweet savings.


This guy gets it.

   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




tneva82 wrote:
AngryAngel80 wrote:
The community seems really reluctant to pick up on what may be new trends in the making GW engages in.

Such as perhaps using box set monopose models as perhaps the contents of some new start collecting boxes. Which in this case they've done with apparently AoS and now are doing with 40k with the vanguard and chaos start collecting boxes.

I'd say it's a clear sign they want to experiment with this path, even if they don't whole sale do such. Maybe it's a cost cutting measure, sell cheaper product for the same inflated price ? Makes total sense with their current pricing direction. Then they can say the more advanced kits are worth the ever climbing costs as they have more " options " and try and sell monopose SC boxes as a sweet savings.


Sigh. It's possible but there's not enough data points to suggest. GW has done tons of things players were sure "this is the new GW trend from now on!" only for it to be just one off.

But sure every time GW releases anything differently it's instantly new trend. Never mind the evidence that individual changes in the past haven't always been long carrying trend.

It's possible but anybody claiming they know for sure it's new trend is just kidding themselves and ignoring the even longer trend GW has that they make one off releases without it becoming automatically a trend.


Of course it's a guess, we are in news and rumors, but sometimes you have to take a guess. Is it clear ? No, they aren't going to go out and say they are doing this and by the time the trend is clearly underway anyone can see it. I'm just saying, it's there, and it had never been that way in decades prior but now it is. You can ignore the evidence it may be the start of a trend until it slaps you in the face or go, you know, maybe it is. I'm not saying shout it from the roof tops as total truth, I'm saying don't be surprised if it turns out the new way of things to come.

I don't think anyone is claiming to know for sure, I just cited evidence to point towards it being a trend in the making. With clear voice that it could be just a blip on the radar, however to gloss it over as nothing is a bit silly considering it isn't just a single case.
   
Made in ch
Storm Trooper with Maglight





 Undead_Love-Machine wrote:
Am I right in thinking that the box set is simply the future Sisters' Start Collecting sprues, bundled with a codex, at an inflated price?

I think you're right.

With Shadowspear sprues being turned into the new CSM Start Collecting and Slaves to Darkness' new box being snap-fit/mono-pose, the future of Start Collecting seems to be shaping up that way. Games Workshop would rather you only buy the one £50-60 Start Collecting and buy multiple £35 multi-part Troop boxes, rather than just buy multiple Start Collectings and get cheaper extras or free HQs.

Whilst it is a lot of stuff in the Army Box for an SC, it's not that far away from what you get with the CSM box (CSM squad + Possessed + HQ + Obliterators + Venomcrawler).

£60 SC + £50 Limited Edition codex price + £10 Cards = 120 + £5 for dice and the like.

If you're somebody who buys those LE codexes it's not bad, but if not? Well, it'll probably all come out as an SC down the line anyway. Plus it'll be cheaper from independent retailers and this box will likely end up being a webstore exclusive.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2019/11/06 11:37:02


 
   
Made in us
Major




In a van down by the river

25 models is a bit high for a future SC set, but I can see where they might drop one unit or another (arcos or Seraphim perhaps) to bring it down a bit.

I do believe that is exactly the intent here though, as the "fixed assembly" of these and the Shadowspear sets will make the purchase of multiples of the box less attractive than maybe "upgrading" to the normal kits to get more variety. Some people won't care and will use the same pose over and over again, but that strategy will likely result in more than a couple upsells. The older SCs were made when that wasn't really an option, as they used the sprues they had on hand but I'm sure GW took note of how that decimated the sales of certain kits.

The upcoming StD SC will likely be more indicative if that is GW's new direction for range launches. If it's a bespoke set for the SC and the individual kit is different sculpts, then that will likely be the model going forward.

On the topic of Sisters, the box is higher than I hoped, but not as bad as I expected. Given that I'm likely to pass on the new Necromunda stuff barring any excellent holiday sales somewhere that makes it a likely pick-up to join the metal sisters.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: