Switch Theme:

Black Templars Compiled thread(Updated 10/4) PREORDERS OCT 9.  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in es
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain




Vigo. Spain.

People... that helmet is the helmet Grimaldus has had for more than 20 years, stop acting like is something new.

 Crimson Devil wrote:

Dakka does have White Knights and is also rather infamous for it's Black Knights. A new edition brings out the passionate and not all of them are good at expressing themselves in written form. There have been plenty of hysterical responses from both sides so far. So we descend into pointless bickering with neither side listening to each other. So posting here becomes more masturbation than conversation.

ERJAK wrote:
Forcing a 40k player to keep playing 7th is basically a hate crime.

 
   
Made in fi
Courageous Space Marine Captain






 Galas wrote:
People... that helmet is the helmet Grimaldus has had for more than 20 years, stop acting like is something new.

Sure. But it always looked terrible. It was just less noticeable when the whole model was terrible.

   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut



Bamberg / Erlangen

I wasn't a fan of the old sculpt, but the high res version is growing on me.

And yeah, the helmet has been like this forever lol.

Imperial Guard Space Marines
 
   
Made in es
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain




Vigo. Spain.

 Crimson wrote:
 Galas wrote:
People... that helmet is the helmet Grimaldus has had for more than 20 years, stop acting like is something new.

Sure. But it always looked terrible. It was just less noticeable when the whole model was terrible.


I have to disagree. At this point, that helmet and the servitors are the only thing Grimaldus has going for him.

And thats something I tought about today. Special characters don't feel special anymore, unless they are something completely unique like, I don't know, a space marine mutant with wings and claws. But "Normal dude of the army with more bling" has lost his appeal of "special characterdom" a while ago. Unless you are in a fancy base or diorama, most special characters are right now just a conversion away to be made from a normal kit.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/09/27 17:39:48


 Crimson Devil wrote:

Dakka does have White Knights and is also rather infamous for it's Black Knights. A new edition brings out the passionate and not all of them are good at expressing themselves in written form. There have been plenty of hysterical responses from both sides so far. So we descend into pointless bickering with neither side listening to each other. So posting here becomes more masturbation than conversation.

ERJAK wrote:
Forcing a 40k player to keep playing 7th is basically a hate crime.

 
   
Made in gb
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader





 Galas wrote:
 Crimson wrote:
 Galas wrote:
People... that helmet is the helmet Grimaldus has had for more than 20 years, stop acting like is something new.

Sure. But it always looked terrible. It was just less noticeable when the whole model was terrible.


I have to disagree. At this point, that helmet and the servitors are the only thing Grimaldus has going for him.

And thats something I tought about today. Special characters don't feel special anymore, unless they are something completely unique like, I don't know, a space marine mutant with wings and claws. But "Normal dude of the army with more bling" has lost his appeal of "special characterdom" a while ago. Unless you are in a fancy base or diorama, most special characters are right now just a conversion away to be made from a normal kit.

The left greave and kneepad look great.
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Gathering the Informations.

Back on topic:

So we have had a fairly significant confirmation of that leaked schedule now. Sword Brethren are the only remaining unseen item.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/09/27 18:27:12


 
   
Made in gb
Last Remaining Whole C'Tan






Well. We’ve seen one, leading the mixed squad. So even if we don’t get a Sword Brethren squad, the rumour is still ultimately accurate.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Gathering the Informations.

 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
Well. We’ve seen one, leading the mixed squad. So even if we don’t get a Sword Brethren squad, the rumour is still ultimately accurate.

The specific rumour had them getting their own box. That's what I'm referring to.
   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos







He has that feel of a very specific chaos space marine helmet.

Other than that i like the model.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page
A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.

 Daedalus81 wrote:

In the 41st millennium there is only overpriced hamberders.

 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

 Kanluwen wrote:
 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
Well. We’ve seen one, leading the mixed squad. So even if we don’t get a Sword Brethren squad, the rumour is still ultimately accurate.

The specific rumour had them getting their own box. That's what I'm referring to.


I mean there's still this model GW seems to have revealed on accident in their Black Templars video, that's without a doubt both a Sword Brethren, and not the one we've seen already.
[Thumb - who.PNG]


"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







Grimaldus' helmet covers the gnashing of teeth on its own, huh - I wonder if he does the wailing inside of it.

2021 Plog - Here we go again... - my fifth attempt at a Dakka PLOG

My [url=https://pileofpotential.com/dysartes]Pile of Potential[/url - updates ongoing...

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.


 Kanluwen wrote:
This is, emphatically, why I will continue suggesting nuking Guard and starting over again. It's a legacy army that needs to be rebooted with a new focal point.

Confirmation of why no-one should listen to Kanluwen when it comes to the IG - he doesn't want the IG, he want's Kan's New Model Army... 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






Glad I have a bunch of old scope bits so I can add the unnecessary one back onto the plasma pistol.
   
Made in au
Slaanesh Chosen Marine Riding a Fiend




Australia

 Kanluwen wrote:
Sword Brethren are the only remaining unseen item.


Nope. There's still the Ancient to see, as well as the upgrade sprue in its entirety.
   
Made in gb
Pyromaniac Hellhound Pilot




UK

 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
Bago wrote:
Definitely a nice model, and not everyone needs a tactical rock to leap away from but I have to agree with some of the voices of him being a bit bland or generic. I think it is the pose mirroring basically the indomitus chaplain.


I didn't think of that, dang, he really does have the same pose as the Indomitus chaplain... except the Indomitus chap pulls it off better.



I don't have the time to dig out the images but I had the same feeling when looking at the Deathwatch Chaplain Cassius and one of the GW Exclusive Plague Marines. I know there are likely only a few ways of modelling a 'walking foward firing a bolt pistol with CCW in the left hand' Marine but it really seemed like they had been created from the same shared basic CAD model, just with different bells and whistles.

   
Made in au
[MOD]
Making Stuff






Under the couch

I have pruned out a bunch of OT chatter. As a reminder, if you see something that you feel is inappropriate in a thread, please hit the mod alert button so that we can decide whether or not it needs action, rather than derailing the thread over it.

 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

You know GW is running out of ideas for the Marine range if they put out 4 characters sculpts in the exact same pose.
[Thumb - WW8m42BrOKEeFAWo.jpg]


"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in au
[MOD]
Making Stuff






Under the couch

Ignoring for a moment that those four characters are a considerable distance away from the 'exact same pose', there are only so many poses that work, so yes, you're going to see variations on those poses crop up on multiple models. The fact that those four models are all waving a stick in the air while not actually being in exactly the same pose is, in fact, a step up from the metal model days, when GW would re-use an armature for multiple models and just put the skull decorations in different places.

 
   
Made in fi
Dakka Veteran





I don't find Grimaldus himself particularly exciting but I like that the servitors don't have any sculpted BT iconography. They would fit into other Imperium armies too.

That place is the harsh dark future far left with only war left. 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





I wasn't a big fan, but the helmet has been growing on me.I can see why people don't like it, but it's his iconic look. Asmodai also has a pretty interesting helmet for a chaplain, so we'll see if he looks any good primarised as well.

Also, anyone getting Bane vibes from Grimaldus? "You think the darkness is your ally?)
   
Made in us
Ultramarine Master with Gauntlets of Macragge





Upstate, New York

Wha-Mu-077 wrote:You know GW is running out of ideas for the Marine range if they put out 4 characters sculpts in the exact same pose.


insaniak wrote:Ignoring for a moment that those four characters are a considerable distance away from the 'exact same pose', there are only so many poses that work, so yes, you're going to see variations on those poses crop up on multiple models. The fact that those four models are all waving a stick in the air while not actually being in exactly the same pose is, in fact, a step up from the metal model days, when GW would re-use an armature for multiple models and just put the skull decorations in different places.


Also, they guy in robes’s picture at the end has been flipped. He’s got his pistol in the other hand, wrong foot forward, etc.

Similar, but mirrored pose is not 4x identical.


   
Made in au
Regular Dakkanaut




Tallarook, Victoria, Australia

 insaniak wrote:
Ignoring for a moment that those four characters are a considerable distance away from the 'exact same pose', there are only so many poses that work, so yes, you're going to see variations on those poses crop up on multiple models.


There's more than one pose that "works"....

This is like 40k boy band

Typical dakkadakka reaction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmXRQeJLhtw 
   
Made in au
[MOD]
Making Stuff






Under the couch

 GoldenHorde wrote:

There's more than one pose that "works"....

And in the time between the first of those models and the latest, GW have released other models that aren't in that pose...

I mean, yes, if you deliberately pick out the models that are in similar poses, they'll all be in similar poses. In other news: water is wet.

 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

 insaniak wrote:
 GoldenHorde wrote:

There's more than one pose that "works"....

I mean, yes, if you deliberately pick out the models that are in similar poses, they'll all be in similar poses. In other news: water is wet.


Or maybe it's a simple observation of two things: that all Primaris Chaplains have the same pose, and that it's gonna look really awkward if you have the EC and Grimaldus in the same army?

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

It is a bit weird that we have three Chaplains in similar poses, plus the new Emp's Chump.

As for upcoming BTs, Varlak has said he's seen the Sword Brethren kit, and he knew the contents of the lacklustre launch box as well.

[EDIT]: Over on his Facebook page, Mark Gibbons has been posting some of the original concept artwork for the Black Templars he did years ago. According to what he said, the procession of Servitors was never something intended to be created as miniatures, just something he added for fun!

If these pics don't work please let me know:
Spoiler:







This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/09/27 23:30:33


Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





That art is frame worthy. A chaplain with a chainsword is cool. And I would have preferred those servitors to the new ones. They're much more characterful, for a bunch of lobotomized dudes. I was also a big fan of censer-hands, since I imagined he launched them out like the guy from Hellboy 2.
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Yeah I prefer censer-hands to the new far-more-human looking one they've replaced him with.

Always referred to censer-hands as the guy with the salt and pepper shakers.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in ca
Stormin' Stompa






Grimaldus isn't terrible, and I think they've painted his teeth in such a way that they stand out more than it should, but so far the only model that gives me the "wow" factor is Helbrecht still. Which is a bit disappointing given that I am still very happy that BT have finally been given some loving again.
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

The Firstborn Black Templars Chapter Upgrade is now marked as "Sold Out Online" on GW's website, meaning a wildly inferior Primaris replacement is coming soon

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

*presses F to pay respects*

That was such a nice sprue.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in us
Thunderhawk Pilot Dropping From Orbit





United States

 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
The Firstborn Black Templars Chapter Upgrade is now marked as "Sold Out Online" on GW's website, meaning a wildly inferior Primaris replacement is coming soon


Could be a rebox. Never know these days with the store listing errors they've been having.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: