Switch Theme:

40k Rumours - Space Marines, Black Templars vs Orks box and Ghazghkull - UPDATED OP 21.9.19  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
[DCM]
Bounding Ultramarine Assault Trooper





Mechanicum (building/painting)

He's going to have a very sore thumb if that hammer connects with the Tau's head...

   
Made in gb
Stalwart Tribune




I read the raven guard rule and was like RIP Knight players who make their models characters.

This is thematically hilarious, not as funny as a dude on the ground instant killing a flyer cause "thou shall not pass wl trait."

However good enough.
   
Made in us
Dusty Skeleton




ThatMG wrote:
This is thematically hilarious, not as funny as a dude on the ground instant killing a flyer cause "thou shall not pass wl trait."
You mean the one that got an errata already?

"Page 57 – Master of Snares
Change this Warlord Trait to read:
‘When an enemy unit (other than a unit that contains a
model with a minimum Move characteristic) within 1" of
this Warlord is chosen to Fall Back, you can roll one D6;
on a 4+ that unit cannot Fall Back this turn."
   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





ThatMG wrote:
I read the raven guard rule and was like RIP Knight players who make their models characters.

This is thematically hilarious, not as funny as a dude on the ground instant killing a flyer cause "thou shall not pass wl trait."

However good enough.


Ravenguard are very much a niche role but they're VERY good at this niche. by and large I like what we're seeing so far. Ultramarines are fantastic generalists, and the other armies are vvery good at what they do (and what they do isn't very nice) but not as flexable.

Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in gb
Dive-Bombin' Fighta-Bomba Pilot






Mchagen wrote:
ThatMG wrote:
This is thematically hilarious, not as funny as a dude on the ground instant killing a flyer cause "thou shall not pass wl trait."
You mean the one that got an errata already?

"Page 57 – Master of Snares
Change this Warlord Trait to read:
‘When an enemy unit (other than a unit that contains a
model with a minimum Move characteristic) within 1" of
this Warlord is chosen to Fall Back, you can roll one D6;
on a 4+ that unit cannot Fall Back this turn."


That's good, because insta-killing flyers with this would've been some next level cheese.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Astartes have had a massive bump in power from these releases. I hope it's not too much of an increase.

Let's not forget that despite the definite uphill struggle, various SM lists habe managed to podium this year and recently, before these changes came into play. Tripling the damage output of a faction is no joke. Still, at least SM players will hopefully chill out now.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/09/11 09:40:40


 
   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





 An Actual Englishman wrote:
Mchagen wrote:
ThatMG wrote:
This is thematically hilarious, not as funny as a dude on the ground instant killing a flyer cause "thou shall not pass wl trait."
You mean the one that got an errata already?

"Page 57 – Master of Snares
Change this Warlord Trait to read:
‘When an enemy unit (other than a unit that contains a
model with a minimum Move characteristic) within 1" of
this Warlord is chosen to Fall Back, you can roll one D6;
on a 4+ that unit cannot Fall Back this turn."


That's good, because insta-killing flyers with this would've been some next level cheese.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Astartes have had a massive bump in power from these releases. I hope it's not too much of an increase.

Let's not forget that despite the definite uphill struggle, various SM lists habe managed to podium this year and recently, before these changes came into play. Tripling the damage output of a faction is no joke. Still, at least SM players will hopefully chill out now.


MOST Space Marine players have been pretty chill. Don't let one or two overly salty people, make you think they're representives of SM players.

Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in fi
Chaplain with Hate to Spare






BrianDavion wrote:

Ravenguard are very much a niche role but they're VERY good at this niche.

I don't think that's good design.

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane. 
   
Made in gb
Dark Angels Librarian with Book of Secrets





Cardiff

Bob Lorgar wrote:
Voss wrote:
I'm rather curious why the Terminator has a second thunder hammer glued to his other hip and why he's kinda got T-rex arms. The intercessors have a lot of reach by comparison.


Unless I'm very much mistaken, he's also holding his thunder hammer 90 degrees to how you actually use a hammer.


The composition is all kinds of odd. Not a good image.

 Stormonu wrote:
For me, the joy is in putting some good-looking models on the board and playing out a fantasy battle - not arguing over the poorly-made rules of some 3rd party who neither has any power over my play nor will be visiting me (and my opponent) to ensure we are "playing by the rules"
 
   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





 Crimson wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:

Ravenguard are very much a niche role but they're VERY good at this niche.

I don't think that's good design.


except that "these chapters are specialsits and really really good at doing this one thing" has been the way the various 1st founders have always been made distinct so it's basicly what people want.

Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in fi
Chaplain with Hate to Spare






BrianDavion wrote:
 Crimson wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:

Ravenguard are very much a niche role but they're VERY good at this niche.

I don't think that's good design.

except that "these chapters are specialsits and really really good at doing this one thing" has been the way the various 1st founders have always been made distinct so it's basicly what people want.

Perhaps. It is still not good design. This RG rule for example is mostly kinda weak. However against foes with targetable characters (Daemon Primarchs, Hive Tyrants, Knights) it is insanely effective. Now those units are often a nuisance, so perhaps many people are not that worried for them becoming unplayable, but this is not a proper way to address them being too powerful. This sort of extreme rock-paper-scissors is bad, it doesn't result enjoyable gaming experience.

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane. 
   
Made in pt
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

BrianDavion wrote:
 Crimson wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:

Ravenguard are very much a niche role but they're VERY good at this niche.

I don't think that's good design.


except that "these chapters are specialsits and really really good at doing this one thing" has been the way the various 1st founders have always been made distinct so it's basicly what people want.


Do they - how sad given that (IMO) thats what as compeltey ruined the look, style, lore and everything about the Wolves and Angels leading to abominations like Santa Logan

I AM A MARINE PLAYER

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in de
Waaagh! Ork Warboss on Warbike





I doubt that +1 to wound would have massive impact on how fast Mortarion or Magnus die. Unlike Knights, they don't rely on superior toughness to survive, but layered defensive buffs and good saves. Bolters wounding on fours instead of fives is not going to make a huge difference.

 Daedalus81 wrote:
SemperMortis wrote:
Yes, because everyone lines up on the deployment line when facing off against orkz, especially when said orkz are fielding 3 Bonebreakers...which rely exclusively on getting into CC to inflict any kind of actual harm. All of your arguments rely upon your opponent being a brain dead muppet who just lets you maul him.


Yea...that's called board control.
 
   
Made in us
Near Golden Daemon Caliber





Affton, MO. USA

Bob Lorgar wrote:
Voss wrote:
I'm rather curious why the Terminator has a second thunder hammer glued to his other hip and why he's kinda got T-rex arms. The intercessors have a lot of reach by comparison.


Unless I'm very much mistaken, he's also holding his thunder hammer 90 degrees to how you actually use a hammer.


When was the last time you used a thunder hammer to tenderize a fish?

LOL, Theo your mind is an amazing place, never change.-camkierhi 9/19/13
I cant believe theo is right.. damn. -comradepanda 9/26/13
None of the strange ideas we had about you involved your sexual orientation..........-Monkeytroll 12/10/13

I'd put you on ignore for that comment, if I could...Alpharius 2/11/14 
   
Made in us
Inspiring Icon Bearer





Colorado Springs, CO

after seeing the new supplements and actually buying the Ultramarines book, I'm really excited to see what actually happens to the Black Templars. Hopefully there will be a couple of ways to reliably get in close combat since Angels of Death makes them hit a bit harder to start with.

If I've got a trade you're interested in but you don't have anything on my wanted list, just shoot me a PM and ask! I'm easily distracted!  
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Perfected Haemonculi Living Sculpture






Man, Iron hands are going to be strong. The gun castles you can make are pretty absurd. Consider a leviathan with twin storm canons next to that -1 damage relic on a chapter master and popping the new strat that halves damage lol. So coolaid man is walking around hitting on 2's rerolling with an additional -1 on those storm canons and heavy flamers and if you dare charge him he averages like 19 hits when near the CM aura lol

That reduce damage relic is mental. It makes already good things like the new impulser border line OP. It's going to be fun cracking that nut lol.

   
Made in us
Chaplain with Hate to Spare





Sioux Falls, SD

BrianDavion wrote:
so amusing thought, sniper rifles are mostly heavy weapons.. and the ravenguard ability works in tactical doctrine. D'OH :(
Instigator Bolt Carbines, FTW! Too bad only Phobos Captains and Eliminator Sergeants can take them.

5250 pts
3850 pts
Deathwatch: 1500 pts
Imperial Knights: 375 pts
30K 2500 pts 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





ThatMG wrote:
I read the raven guard rule and was like RIP Knight players who make their models characters.

This is thematically hilarious, not as funny as a dude on the ground instant killing a flyer cause "thou shall not pass wl trait."

However good enough.


Knights in soup lists won't care. Face a Ravenguard player.....just don't spend the CP to become a character, simple.
   
Made in us
Chaplain with Hate to Spare





Sioux Falls, SD

New Eliminators kit sprue images. Interesting that each Eliminator is on his own sprue. Makes it easier to get some of the different options. I would expect to see the Sergeant sprue being available separately on eBay and for a decent chunk of change.
[Thumb - received_793618637720563.jpeg]


5250 pts
3850 pts
Deathwatch: 1500 pts
Imperial Knights: 375 pts
30K 2500 pts 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




I'm still annoyed at the squad limits for them and the Autocannon dudes

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in us
Chaplain with Hate to Spare





Sioux Falls, SD

Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
I'm still annoyed at the squad limits for them and the Autocannon dudes
Likewise. A squad of 5 with an IBC and four Las Fusils would be quite nice. It is especially stupid because the Sergeant can be built as a regular Bolt Sniper Rifle guy.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/09/11 15:49:45


5250 pts
3850 pts
Deathwatch: 1500 pts
Imperial Knights: 375 pts
30K 2500 pts 
   
Made in ch
Revered Rogue Psyker





 casvalremdeikun wrote:
New Eliminators kit sprue images. Interesting that each Eliminator is on his own sprue. Makes it easier to get some of the different options. I would expect to see the Sergeant sprue being available separately on eBay and for a decent chunk of change.


More AL operatives.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page

A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.
_______________________________

Who would win:
10'000 + years of veterancy, or some raidy Boys?
Trick Question, of course it's the loyalists!

(Not Online in regards to the new Red Corsair battalion CP boost and 8th edition.) 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




 casvalremdeikun wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
I'm still annoyed at the squad limits for them and the Autocannon dudes
Likewise. A squad of 5 with an IBC and four Las Fusils would be quite nice. It is especially stupid because the Sergeant can be built as a regular Bolt Sniper Rifle guy.

I mean, I like running my Aggressors as 4 dudes to 5, so I'd like the same here.

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in us
Chaplain with Hate to Spare





Sioux Falls, SD

Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
 casvalremdeikun wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
I'm still annoyed at the squad limits for them and the Autocannon dudes
Likewise. A squad of 5 with an IBC and four Las Fusils would be quite nice. It is especially stupid because the Sergeant can be built as a regular Bolt Sniper Rifle guy.

I mean, I like running my Aggressors as 4 dudes to 5, so I'd like the same here.
The other stupid thing is the one Marine with a pistol drawn can't have a Las Fusil slung! I WANT OPTIONS! I might be able to convert a Shadowspear Bolt Sniper Rifle Marine to have a Las Fusil so I can out this cool pose BSR Marine in there instead.

5250 pts
3850 pts
Deathwatch: 1500 pts
Imperial Knights: 375 pts
30K 2500 pts 
   
Made in us
Mutated Chosen Chaos Marine






 casvalremdeikun wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
 casvalremdeikun wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
I'm still annoyed at the squad limits for them and the Autocannon dudes
Likewise. A squad of 5 with an IBC and four Las Fusils would be quite nice. It is especially stupid because the Sergeant can be built as a regular Bolt Sniper Rifle guy.

I mean, I like running my Aggressors as 4 dudes to 5, so I'd like the same here.
The other stupid thing is the one Marine with a pistol drawn can't have a Las Fusil slung! I WANT OPTIONS! I might be able to convert a Shadowspear Bolt Sniper Rifle Marine to have a Las Fusil so I can out this cool pose BSR Marine in there instead.


They're moving away from options though. My guess is to try and better protect their IP from the 3rd party casters and such.
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

 bullyboy wrote:
ThatMG wrote:
I read the raven guard rule and was like RIP Knight players who make their models characters.

This is thematically hilarious, not as funny as a dude on the ground instant killing a flyer cause "thou shall not pass wl trait."

However good enough.


Knights in soup lists won't care. Face a Ravenguard player.....just don't spend the CP to become a character, simple.

This is one of those things that I hate. These "CP to become X" things shouldn't be able to get list tailored in anything barring a friendly, literally writing your list as you're getting ready to play instance.
   
Made in de
Waaagh! Ork Warboss on Warbike





 Togusa wrote:
They're moving away from options though. My guess is to try and better protect their IP from the 3rd party casters and such.


It also seems like they are minimizing design and material costs by fitting new kits on as little sprues as possible. Both the death guard and the ork buggy kits seem to be doing this.

 Daedalus81 wrote:
SemperMortis wrote:
Yes, because everyone lines up on the deployment line when facing off against orkz, especially when said orkz are fielding 3 Bonebreakers...which rely exclusively on getting into CC to inflict any kind of actual harm. All of your arguments rely upon your opponent being a brain dead muppet who just lets you maul him.


Yea...that's called board control.
 
   
Made in gb
Mekboy Hammerin' Somethin'






 Jidmah wrote:
It also seems like they are minimizing design and material costs by fitting new kits on as little sprues as possible.
I doubt that either of those costs are what is driving this trend (and to me it doesn't look like the new kits have less design time put into them than the older ones, quite the opposite) but rather wanting to be able to produce more models with each mould machine, smaller boxes taking up less shelf space (a crucial consideration for a company which runs a lot of physical shops, apparently on quite tight margins) and being cheaper to ship.

   
Made in gb
Stalwart Tribune




One of the key aspects is that GW seem to be doing various levels of strength. Ergo You Have Chapter Tactic, Psychic Powers, Stratagems etc. Some have better in one group. So until you get all the info it is too early to judge.
   
Made in se
Lead-Footed Trukkboy Driver





Stockholm, Sweden

 Jidmah wrote:
 Togusa wrote:
They're moving away from options though. My guess is to try and better protect their IP from the 3rd party casters and such.


It also seems like they are minimizing design and material costs by fitting new kits on as little sprues as possible. Both the death guard and the ork buggy kits seem to be doing this.


I think it is actually the other way around. Each project is given a sprue budget (size) based on the expected size of the finished model. Then the designer works to create as much cool stuff as he can fit on the sprue. Sometimes some things won’t fit on a sprue, but makes it into another kit later (alluded to in interviews). The monopose nature of modern minis seems more down to design philosophy than sprue space IMO. They want to maximize the visual impact of the finished build, that is why options are not prioritized. Hopefully it is just a trend, which with good feedback from the community, will pass in time.

Oguhmek paints Orks (and Necrons): 'Ere we go!
 
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

Do we have prices yet for the Eliminators?

Everything else is fairly easy to suss out, but the Eliminators could be a wonky price point.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: