Switch Theme:

40k Rumours - Space Marines, Black Templars vs Orks box and Ghazghkull - UPDATED OP 6.9.19  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





apparently following the destruction of Cadian many Cadian regiments settled onto new worlds and basicly taught them how to be Cadians, so chances are there's several worlds now producing regiments that identify as Cadian

Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in us
Chaplain with Hate to Spare





Sioux Falls, SD

BrianDavion wrote:
apparently following the destruction of Cadian many Cadian regiments settled onto new worlds and basicly taught them how to be Cadians, so chances are there's several worlds now producing regiments that identify as Cadian
Pretty much the fluff justification for why they are the only Regiment GW produces anymore. It works though, I guess.

5250 pts
3850 pts
Deathwatch: 1500 pts
Imperial Knights: 375 pts
30K 2500 pts 
   
Made in us
Awesome Autarch






GW actually won't re-do Cadians if they're smart. They've bought fully into the "re-do it completely and it'll sell" process by now. They won't risk people "not" buying stuff because it's just a rehash of an older model (particularly an existing plastic kit).

GW is all aboard the "buy a new army instead" train, so I have strong faith that new Guard models would be non-Cadian (or at the very least two lines - one being non-Cadian).

 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut







 casvalremdeikun wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
apparently following the destruction of Cadian many Cadian regiments settled onto new worlds and basicly taught them how to be Cadians, so chances are there's several worlds now producing regiments that identify as Cadian
Pretty much the fluff justification for why they are the only Regiment GW produces anymore. It works though, I guess.

"...the only Regiment GW produces anymore." if we ignore the existence of the Catachans, anyway...

2019 Plog - Dysartes Twitches - 2019 Output

My Twitch stream - going live at 7pm GMT Tuesday & Thursday, 12pm Sunday (work permitting).

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.
 
   
Made in us
Awesome Autarch






Given their gak models...I think it's best we do ignore Catachans for our health.

 
   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





so given GW's tendancy to borrow regimental types from history, I'm gonna call it here, the next guard regiment'll be a Highlander regiment complete with kilt

Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in gb
Battlefortress Driver with Krusha Wheel







 casvalremdeikun wrote:
 An Actual Englishman wrote:
The spoiler isn't technically correct but is very, very close.

Spoiler:
They were wiped out to a man on one of the many attack moons the Orks used.


I hope it's true for obvious reasons but I'm not going to hold my breath, we've had rumours of Ghazzy before.
True, but you could say they have major unfinished business with Armageddon.

Agreed on Ghaz rumors. He is the Plastic Thunderhawk of the Orks.


I might be wrong on the spoiler now I think on it. It may have been a planet who's gravity was warped due to the arrival of the attack moon. Its been a while since I read the Beast Arises.

Lol Ghazzy is absolutely our plastic Thunderhawk - brilliant.


 bullyboy wrote:
I'm not sure about the connection to psychic awakening. I just watched the video and have my own interpretation...

The first 4 sentences...

"War calls" - who like going to war more than any other? Orks!
"Faith is tested" - BTs love their faith!
"The beast roars". Sure, this is Ghazkull, don't doubt that. It could also be 'Marbas' (who?).
"Ancient darkness rises" - could be any bad really, daemons or Nids jump out to me. Orks are an 'ancient' threat mind.


Fixed that for you bud

I think the psychic awakening is suitably vague so that it could relate to many factions. I've never heard of Marbas, that seems unlikely to me however.

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Just on a slight tangent - Is the Vigilus stuff over? I always thought it would be three books, but maybe I misinterpreted that.

Yea Vigilus is done. Onto new warzones now.
   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





That said I don't think the next warzone'll be Armageddon, I've a hunch it'll be something entirely new

Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Yeah new I’d say.
Didn’t they say that all factions are in the new campaign, in the WarCom reveal for stuff?

A few other points from before;

New Guard plastics, maybe at some point. Customisable Kan?
I’d say highly unposable due to strange shaped parts that go together one way, that’s the thing these days
If they did more, bear in mind everyone saying it can’t be Cadians, that is the most common pattern of armour - they wouldn’t necessarily actually be ’Cadians’
But I agree it would be a great time to run at least a second Guard type alongside (Greatcoats please), but I don’t think they get rid of the one type as it’s the best generic armour.
If it was “insert guard regiment” that was the only kit then it’d be overkill model wise for them, and would that fit the fluff?

Definitely won’t be a DA vs Fallen box. We already had Dark Vengeance, and to make another box so similar - DA and a Chaos Marine faction..
   
Made in fr
Crazed Spirit of the Defiler




Please leave my town.

 bullyboy wrote:
"War calls" First thing I think of here is Khorne.

"War calls" is a Khaine/Eldar thing. It's the final phrase of the ritual chant to awaken an Avatar.

"Everyone in 40K is wrong." - ADB 
   
Made in us
Chaplain with Hate to Spare





Sioux Falls, SD

 Duskweaver wrote:
 bullyboy wrote:
"War calls" First thing I think of here is Khorne.

"War calls" is a Khaine/Eldar thing. It's the final phrase of the ritual chant to awaken an Avatar.
Well, now that leads me to believe the Eldar rumors from before. Perhaps we will get Aspects of Ynnead like we have Aspects of Khaine?

Or maybe we will be getting a new Avatar of Khaine? GW had been remaking all the Greater Daemons. An Avatar of Khaine would be a nice next step.

5250 pts
3850 pts
Deathwatch: 1500 pts
Imperial Knights: 375 pts
30K 2500 pts 
   
Made in gb
Battlefortress Driver with Krusha Wheel






 casvalremdeikun wrote:


Or maybe we will be getting a new Avatar of Khaine? GW had been remaking all the Greater Daemons. An Avatar of Khaine would be a nice next step.

And my god does it need the update. I know there's a FW model but it's not the same.
   
Made in us
Chaplain with Hate to Spare





Sioux Falls, SD

 An Actual Englishman wrote:
 casvalremdeikun wrote:


Or maybe we will be getting a new Avatar of Khaine? GW had been remaking all the Greater Daemons. An Avatar of Khaine would be a nice next step.

And my god does it need the update. I know there's a FW model but it's not the same.
Isn't there a way that a gathering of the Phoenix Lords can summon an Avatar of Khaine? Like "psychic awakening" type summon?

I am leaning toward Psychic Awakening being new Eldar. New Avatar of Khaine. New Phoenix Lords. New Aspect Warriors.

5250 pts
3850 pts
Deathwatch: 1500 pts
Imperial Knights: 375 pts
30K 2500 pts 
   
Made in gb
Freelance Soldier




Nottingham, England

Sisters of Battle featured in Armageddon conflicts a lot so I'd rate this quite likely - used like Vigilus to release a bunch from f stuff themed to the conflict.
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




 Dysartes wrote:
 casvalremdeikun wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
apparently following the destruction of Cadian many Cadian regiments settled onto new worlds and basicly taught them how to be Cadians, so chances are there's several worlds now producing regiments that identify as Cadian
Pretty much the fluff justification for why they are the only Regiment GW produces anymore. It works though, I guess.

"...the only Regiment GW produces anymore." if we ignore the existence of the Catachans, anyway...


On the subject of the plastic Catachans, it is actually now 20 years since the plastic infantry squad was released
   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





robbienw wrote:
 Dysartes wrote:
 casvalremdeikun wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
apparently following the destruction of Cadian many Cadian regiments settled onto new worlds and basicly taught them how to be Cadians, so chances are there's several worlds now producing regiments that identify as Cadian
Pretty much the fluff justification for why they are the only Regiment GW produces anymore. It works though, I guess.

"...the only Regiment GW produces anymore." if we ignore the existence of the Catachans, anyway...


On the subject of the plastic Catachans, it is actually now 20 years since the plastic infantry squad was released


bah, ther youngins, can't even drink yet in the US

Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Agile Revenant Titan





London, UK

I'd be very happy with Black Templars seeing some love for a change.

5000 Fir Farillecassion Eldar 4th Ed Codex - 14/7/1 6th Ed Codex - 9/1/0 7th Ed Codex - 4/1/1 8th Ed Codex - 8/1/2
2000 Hive Fleet Zenith
Excavating eBay: My blog of eBay finds and the pile of shame!
Instagram, follow if you dare!
 
   
Made in ie
Norn Queen






Dublin, Ireland

I still think the "current" Ghaz model is excellent.
Upgrade him by 30% size or so and leave it at that.
I hope they dont go OTT with him.

Dman137 wrote:
goobs is all you guys will ever be

By 1-irt: Still as long as Hissy keeps showing up this is one of the most entertaining threads ever.

"Feelin' goods, good enough". 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Agile Revenant Titan





London, UK

 Ratius wrote:
I still think the "current" Ghaz model is excellent.
Upgrade him by 30% size or so and leave it at that.
I hope they dont go OTT with him.


Cue crushed Primaris Lieutenant in his power klaw and the same stance they used for Abby and Guilly...

5000 Fir Farillecassion Eldar 4th Ed Codex - 14/7/1 6th Ed Codex - 9/1/0 7th Ed Codex - 4/1/1 8th Ed Codex - 8/1/2
2000 Hive Fleet Zenith
Excavating eBay: My blog of eBay finds and the pile of shame!
Instagram, follow if you dare!
 
   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





 Tyranid Horde wrote:
 Ratius wrote:
I still think the "current" Ghaz model is excellent.
Upgrade him by 30% size or so and leave it at that.
I hope they dont go OTT with him.


Cue crushed Primaris Lieutenant in his power klaw and the same stance they used for Abby and Guilly...


Ya know... I'd be pretty cool with that idea if they almost designed the new 40k "big leader" minis to work in diarahma with each other.

Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





 casvalremdeikun wrote:
 An Actual Englishman wrote:
 casvalremdeikun wrote:


Or maybe we will be getting a new Avatar of Khaine? GW had been remaking all the Greater Daemons. An Avatar of Khaine would be a nice next step.

And my god does it need the update. I know there's a FW model but it's not the same.
Isn't there a way that a gathering of the Phoenix Lords can summon an Avatar of Khaine? Like "psychic awakening" type summon?

I am leaning toward Psychic Awakening being new Eldar. New Avatar of Khaine. New Phoenix Lords. New Aspect Warriors.


Isn't The Psychic Awakening thing basically endless spells for 40k? Eldar are already psychically awakened so I don't think that's the connection. I'd love a new Avatar model -the War Calls thing hints at that [if they did say that the next war zone has releases for al/most factions]. Might extend to Phoenix Lords and/or Aspects -there are those rumour engines with shattered Eldar ruins .. I had thought they might be exodites but I won't hold my breath.

Sounds good for Orks, otherwise the Imperium/chaos onslaught continues..
   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





It won';t be Eldar, this is some sort of event that will impact EVERY faction. and the eldar getting some treats isn't that. (now the eldar might get some goodies as a part of this event but..)

I still belvie it'll be 40k endless spells. I'll just put this link here https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Great_Awakening

Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in de
Poisonous Tomb Scorpion






Yeah, endless spells is a popular guess given the name, but realistically we don't have a clue what Psychic Awakening is going to be. And if GW follows the same advertising strategy as with Forbidden Power, we'll know even less after the second teaser.

Templars versus Orks doesn't sound bad. I just hope there's no truth to the rumor of two months between Marine supplements. That's just dragging the Marine release out for no reason. Sure, sure, give wallets a break and all that, but who's going to realistically buy all supplements? Most people likely only need one.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





it's why I linked what I did. we know that in the past there's been waves where suddenly latent pyskers have manifested etc. and they've been called awakenings. I suspect thus that we're going to see the fluff refering to psykers popping up in greater numbers more powerful then before.

Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





BrianDavion wrote:
It won';t be Eldar, this is some sort of event that will impact EVERY faction. and the eldar getting some treats isn't that. (now the eldar might get some goodies as a part of this event but..)

I still belvie it'll be 40k endless spells. I'll just put this link here https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Great_Awakening


Yeah it looks like it will be endless spells, maybe faction specific ones at best? I think when they revisit eldar it will be a bigger deal in itself.

I wonder if Ghazghkull will bring any new mates with him.. maybe larger Orks from the Octavius war?
   
Made in se
Wolf Guard Bodyguard in Terminator Armor






 An Actual Englishman wrote:
 casvalremdeikun wrote:


Or maybe we will be getting a new Avatar of Khaine? GW had been remaking all the Greater Daemons. An Avatar of Khaine would be a nice next step.

And my god does it need the update. I know there's a FW model but it's not the same.


Suppose the psychic awakening follow the style of AoS endless spells, they could make a new Khaine avatar as an "endless spell"


About Armageddon: I know it dont really say anything, but there is not a single Steel Legion model shown in the AM codex, they pay more attention to some converted "Armageddon ork hunters" that dont even fit with available gear.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut







 Elbows wrote:
Given their gak models...I think it's best we do ignore Catachans for our health.

Just because they're not great sculpts - even if the basic infantry kit is nearly old enough to drink in the US - doesn't mean that we can ignore the fact that they are still on sale.

The Command Squad set looks fairly decent, even.

2019 Plog - Dysartes Twitches - 2019 Output

My Twitch stream - going live at 7pm GMT Tuesday & Thursday, 12pm Sunday (work permitting).

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.
 
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

 Dysartes wrote:
 Elbows wrote:
Given their gak models...I think it's best we do ignore Catachans for our health.

Just because they're not great sculpts - even if the basic infantry kit is nearly old enough to drink in the US - doesn't mean that we can ignore the fact that they are still on sale.

The Command Squad set looks fairly decent, even.

The Command and Heavy Weapon Squads both are fantastic, and Straken and Harker look great too. Marbo was a dud(conceptually and modelwise).


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Fayric wrote:
 An Actual Englishman wrote:
 casvalremdeikun wrote:


Or maybe we will be getting a new Avatar of Khaine? GW had been remaking all the Greater Daemons. An Avatar of Khaine would be a nice next step.

And my god does it need the update. I know there's a FW model but it's not the same.


Suppose the psychic awakening follow the style of AoS endless spells, they could make a new Khaine avatar as an "endless spell"

Nah, the Avatar wouldn't be an Endless Spell.

About Armageddon: I know it dont really say anything, but there is not a single Steel Legion model shown in the AM codex, they pay more attention to some converted "Armageddon ork hunters" that dont even fit with available gear.

The Ork Hunters have always been weird though. The fluff and the concept art has always been that 'feral' almost Ork look.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/08/21 13:13:12


 
   
Made in gb
Battlefortress Driver with Krusha Wheel






 Tyranid Horde wrote:
 Ratius wrote:
I still think the "current" Ghaz model is excellent.
Upgrade him by 30% size or so and leave it at that.
I hope they dont go OTT with him.


Cue crushed Primaris Lieutenant in his power klaw and the same stance they used for Abby and Guilly...

Sounds perfect.

If there's a model they absolutely should go OTT with, Ghazzy is it.
   
Made in us
Sword-Bearing Inquisitorial Crusader





 casvalremdeikun wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
apparently following the destruction of Cadian many Cadian regiments settled onto new worlds and basicly taught them how to be Cadians, so chances are there's several worlds now producing regiments that identify as Cadian
Pretty much the fluff justification for why they are the only Regiment GW produces anymore. It works though, I guess.


I don't think that really works as a justification. A regiment trained by Cadians wouldn't identify as Cadian any more than the Afghan Government forces of modern day or the Contras of the 80s identify as U.S. soldiers. GW is just being lazy and not producing a new Guard regiments (not sure if they don't sell well or what).


 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: