Switch Theme:

Age of Sigmar News & Rumors : Hedonists of Slaanesh  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Fixture of Dakka





West Michigan, deep in Whitebread, USA

Seems like they should just re-release Spire of Dawn. It would be easier for both Skaven and Aelf players than Carrion, which could just be two clampack figures released alongside each army's new battletome rather than spending tons of money cutting new molds for stuff thats already currently being produced.

Spend all that mold money recutting ones for the Spire of Dawn Skaven and just release them as a boxed set.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2019/02/09 13:53:43




"By this point I'm convinced 100% that every single race in the 40k universe have somehow tapped into the ork ability to just have their tech work because they think it should."  
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Master Engineer with a Brace of Pistols






That was a mistake, mixing the sprues on that set. I'm surprised they did that actually.
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut






 NinthMusketeer wrote:
 streetsamurai wrote:
Endless spells for Khorne are dumb and lazy (yeah I know they are not officially spells, but they work and look like all the other spells, so they are spells)

Not a huge fan of the new skulltaker either.
Can you link me to where they said how they work?


Care to do a little wager that they'll work exactly like the other endless spells?

yeah, that's what I tought

lost and damned log
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/519978.page#6525039 
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

 Future War Cultist wrote:
That was a mistake, mixing the sprues on that set. I'm surprised they did that actually.


All the starters are like it, so there must be a reason. Maximum sprue density to keep sprues down or something.
   
Made in gb
Grumpy Longbeard





 ImAGeek wrote:
 Future War Cultist wrote:
That was a mistake, mixing the sprues on that set. I'm surprised they did that actually.


All the starters are like it, so there must be a reason. Maximum sprue density to keep sprues down or something.

Yeah, this. Even before they started digitally sculpting, the sprues were being designed by computed algorithms based on component shape. This is why the plastic Ogres have belly-holes (and therefore why gutplates exist); the spruify-er told them it was a no go with an actual belly and the sculpts weren’t digital so they couldn’t turn them into a shell and cut them up like the death cabbage.
Anyway, the starter sets are always one-off, push-fit sculpts with strict limits on box space and sprue numbers, so all the models that are gonna go in get chucked into the math and they are cast as they fit rather than in ‘factions’ or whatever.
Battle boxes like Tooth & Claw are literally just main-line production sprues in a bigger box so they follow a different set of rules.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/02/09 15:37:24


"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in us
Major General






Florence, KY

 streetsamurai wrote:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:
 streetsamurai wrote:
Endless spells for Khorne are dumb and lazy (yeah I know they are not officially spells, but they work and look like all the other spells, so they are spells)

Not a huge fan of the new skulltaker either.
Can you link me to where they said how they work?


Care to do a little wager that they'll work exactly like the other endless spells?

yeah, that's what I tought

They can't work like endless spells. Khorne doesn't have any Wizards to cast endless spells.

'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut






Of course, but I expect that it's some other characters that will be able to cast them, and that beside that, they'll work exactly like endless spells. Though I must say, I re-read the little blurb on WC, and they talk about blood spilt, so maybe theyll work like the blood token in the 7th edition 40k khorne book. If that's the case, it would be an acceptable compromise

lost and damned log
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/519978.page#6525039 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Master Engineer with a Brace of Pistols






They’ll probably be something you buy in game with Blood Tithe points.
   
Made in gb
Malicious Mandrake





England

With priests calling them into battle. I think they look really cool.

 Nostromodamus wrote:
Please don’t necro to ask if there’s been any news.
 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





I am not on board with this take on priestly magic. It is an anathema to Khorne. These slaughterpriests (which by themselves are a fantastic idea) should operate something like unit-enhancing Ministorum Priests in 40K.

Henry R. 
   
Made in us
Auspicious Aspiring Champion of Chaos






 Future War Cultist wrote:
They’ll probably be something you buy in game with Blood Tithe points.


Apparently they mentioned in the LVO panel that they wouldn't be tied to Blood Tithe.

2750 Unliving Legion of the Zarith Dynasty
840 Imperial Knights of House Janis
2000 Khorne Bloodbound of the Skullfiend Tribe (Aqshy)
2000 Tzeentch Arcanites of the Cult of Searing Light (Hysh)
3000 Slaves to Darkness of the Legion of Rusted Chains (Allpoints/Azyr)
2500 Sylvaneth of the Seelie Court (Ghyran)
 
   
Made in ca
Plastictrees





Calgary, Alberta, Canada

 EnTyme wrote:
 Future War Cultist wrote:
They’ll probably be something you buy in game with Blood Tithe points.


Apparently they mentioned in the LVO panel that they wouldn't be tied to Blood Tithe.


Presumably that whole system is getting an adjustment, but we really don't need a third thing tied to Blood Tithe so hopefully this is the case.

Khorne manifests his blessings and approval of bloodshed in different ways, having some of them be represented by physical models isn't some betrayal of the army theme.

I would love a unique army terrain piece, but wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't happen in this case.
Really, really hope that they unhitch the whole army from Bloodsecrators without also making them completely useless. Not sure if we should expect such a big shift to a profile though.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Ambushing Wargor




Baltimore, Maryland

Slight delay on Warscroll cards/tokens for FEC. Later this week according to AoS FB page:


There's a slight delay on these being available in the US and Canada, Rupert. They'll be available to pre-order later in the week.


This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/02/09 20:09:24


"Sometimes the only victory possible is to keep your opponent from winning." - The Emperor, from The Outcast Dead.
"Tell your gods we are coming for them, and that their realms will burn as ours did." -Thostos Bladestorm
 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





 Ghaz wrote:
The 'Grand Alliance' books were essentially the AoS version of the 40K Indexes. Basically when it says 'New Battletomes for every Grand Alliance' it means at least one faction from each Grand Alliance will receive their own Battletome.


While this is good to hear, Technically we might only see one more time..

Gitz for Desctruction
Khorne and Skaven for Chaos
FEC for Death

Pop an order tome out and they have fulfilled it.

I’d like to hope they mean four more, maybe starting with Khorne (but if not, fit that Slaanesh book in )
   
Made in si
Steady Stonecleaver







Anyone know why I can't find the new warscroll cards with any online retailer in the UK?

Posters on ignore list: 33

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

these are probably not what you mean but just in case this is useful

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warscroll-Cards-Skaven-2019-eng

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warscroll-Cards-Flesh-Eater-Courts-2019-eng

but I suspect they weren't convinced they'd actually arrive on time for next weekends release so the reps didn't offer them to stores when the put out this weeks preorders (on Wed), so in turn the stores didn't order any

If so they should be on next weeks list for the stores and become available next Saturday (although I'm not sure whether they'd ring fence some stock for distribution or not
so there is presumably a risk that GW will get enough direct pre-orders to sell out)

 
   
Made in us
Major General






Florence, KY

Danny76 wrote:
 Ghaz wrote:
The 'Grand Alliance' books were essentially the AoS version of the 40K Indexes. Basically when it says 'New Battletomes for every Grand Alliance' it means at least one faction from each Grand Alliance will receive their own Battletome.


While this is good to hear, Technically we might only see one more time..

Gitz for Desctruction
Khorne and Skaven for Chaos
FEC for Death

Pop an order tome out and they have fulfilled it.

I’d like to hope they mean four more, maybe starting with Khorne (but if not, fit that Slaanesh book in )

Yes they have three of the four Grand Alliances covered already, but with 40K releasing their last codex bar Sisters of Battle without going into new factions I would imagine we will see an uptick in the number of battletomes this year.

'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





could the video about something ancient and terrible being awaken, refer to TK?
   
Made in gb
Council of 13 Runner Up






Likely Slaanesh returning.

Fed up for Scalpers? Why not join us? 
   
Made in ca
Mighty Kroxigor Ancient





California the Southern

Dinosaurs back from extinction?

Slann coming out of their space bubbles?

Kaiju awakening?

Just because it's ancient and terrible doesn't mean Sigmar himself is responsible for it...

Hell, maybe Dracothion will join the battle against chaos and send forth a bunch of dragon people to satiate my desire for reptilian humanoids.

Poorly lit photos of my ever- growing collection of completely unrelated models!

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/627383.page#7436324.html
Watch and listen to me ramble about these minis before ruining them with paint!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmCB2mWIxhYF8Q36d2Am_2A 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





since it's soul wars, I pictured it had to be between sigmar or nagash's forces (emphasizing more on death)
   
Made in ca
Plastictrees





Calgary, Alberta, Canada

The vault doors slowly, inexorably swung open, as eldritch mist slowly unfolded in to the room.
Sigmar had hoped to never see this day, and knew it could be the final straw that broke his fragile alliance apart.
Nagash had forced his hand however. Such power...

Shadows appeared in the mist, and two small figures emerged carrying a small, steaming, cauldron between them.

"Who ordered the Hot Pot?"

   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

 aracersss wrote:
since it's soul wars, I pictured it had to be between sigmar or nagash's forces (emphasizing more on death)


Isn’t Slaanesh a part of the Soul Wars thing, with all the Aelven souls s/he has?
   
Made in si
Steady Stonecleaver







It's an expansion, not an army.

It'll be a new batch of endless spells or something similar. Maybe generic monsters useable by anyone, or summonable terrain or something.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/02/09 23:49:53


Posters on ignore list: 33

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in gb
Boom! Leman Russ Commander





The Shire(s)

 AegisGrimm wrote:
Seems like they should just re-release Spire of Dawn. It would be easier for both Skaven and Aelf players than Carrion, which could just be two clampack figures released alongside each army's new battletome rather than spending tons of money cutting new molds for stuff thats already currently being produced.

Spend all that mold money recutting ones for the Spire of Dawn Skaven and just release them as a boxed set.

I suspect that even if they wanted to, they cannot do this until they know what they are doing with High Elves. The aesthetic for Skaven is going nowhere, but the Aelves of Hysh...? Who knows. The Spire of Dawn Elves may not match where they wish to take the Aelf aesthetic.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/02/09 23:52:57


 ChargerIIC wrote:
If algae farm paste with a little bit of your grandfather in it isn't Grimdark I don't know what is.
 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Its not like AoS is short of things that are "ancient and terrible" anyway. So what's one more?
   
Made in us
[DCM]
[***]






Svalarheima, MA

Return of the Chaos Dwarves?

Nil nos tremefacit.
 
   
Made in us
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader




 Haighus wrote:
 AegisGrimm wrote:
Seems like they should just re-release Spire of Dawn. It would be easier for both Skaven and Aelf players than Carrion, which could just be two clampack figures released alongside each army's new battletome rather than spending tons of money cutting new molds for stuff thats already currently being produced.

Spend all that mold money recutting ones for the Spire of Dawn Skaven and just release them as a boxed set.

I suspect that even if they wanted to, they cannot do this until they know what they are doing with High Elves.

They already re-released Spire of Dawn once.

Internally, I'm sure they already know what they're doing with the elves, and they've done fairly well with the elf factions so far, if customer reactions are anything to go by.

What they need to do is bring some confession to the table. Externally admit what's in, what's out, and what else is getting the boot. Officially admit what will be replaced in the various ranges and what old models won't be given a corner of a map some day.


Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord






 Ghaz wrote:
Danny76 wrote:
 Ghaz wrote:
The 'Grand Alliance' books were essentially the AoS version of the 40K Indexes. Basically when it says 'New Battletomes for every Grand Alliance' it means at least one faction from each Grand Alliance will receive their own Battletome.


While this is good to hear, Technically we might only see one more time..

Gitz for Desctruction
Khorne and Skaven for Chaos
FEC for Death

Pop an order tome out and they have fulfilled it.

I’d like to hope they mean four more, maybe starting with Khorne (but if not, fit that Slaanesh book in )

Yes they have three of the four Grand Alliances covered already, but with 40K releasing their last codex bar Sisters of Battle without going into new factions I would imagine we will see an uptick in the number of battletomes this year.
At the preview I got the impression they meant there would be -more- battletomes for each alliance. As in each alliance will be getting at least one new battletome not including what's already been released. So if we assume Khorne counts for Chaos that still leaves the other three. Sylvaneth was all but confirmed, so that's Order checked off, and the rumor of a Sylvaneth tome also said a KO one was coming (and this rumor pre-dates the preview). So what's up in the air is Destruction and Death. I'm betting an Orruk battletome combining Ironjawz and Greenskinz (Bonesplittaz left seperately).


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 streetsamurai wrote:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:
 streetsamurai wrote:
Endless spells for Khorne are dumb and lazy (yeah I know they are not officially spells, but they work and look like all the other spells, so they are spells)

Not a huge fan of the new skulltaker either.
Can you link me to where they said how they work?


Care to do a little wager that they'll work exactly like the other endless spells?

yeah, that's what I tought
So you don't know then.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/02/10 01:46:53


"Putting a statement in quotations makes it seem more legitimate."
--Bette R. Withname

Imagine three people with the same set of values but radically different emotional states, each of them believes their position is more valid than the other two, they all post using the same account, and your job is to make it coherent. 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





Indeed, Destruction and death are realistically the unknowns.
Potentially:
Sylvaneth and Kharadron.
Khorne And Slaanesh.

I’d like to think that Destruction is the Ogres, as the picture shows them and the Gobbos.
But probably not..


Also Ghaz, Though GSC is one of the last for 40k, there is rumours of a new Marine one, I guess possibly Black Legion or just a new Chaos one. And presumably during the Slaanesh related for the EC.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: