Switch Theme:

Age of Sigmar News & Rumors. p.299 Bonereapers. p.309 Ogor Mawtribes.  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




Okay. Counter rumor saying the Warscrolls for Death are fasaaaaaaaaaake
   
Made in pt
Longtime Dakkanaut





Portugal

Managed to find myself another Blood Coven box. Gods, I'm so in. I'm so excited for this release and we don't even have any idea about the release date

"Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth! These are the truths of this world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!" - Satsuki Kiryuin, Kill la Kill 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Inquisitor Gideon wrote:
Don't know if it's true or not, but the above warscrolls are possibly fake.

I really hope so. Warqueen has just 5+ save and bravery lowest of all champions? All my what
   
Made in es
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain




Vigo. Spain.

 Irbis wrote:
 Inquisitor Gideon wrote:
Don't know if it's true or not, but the above warscrolls are possibly fake.

I really hope so. Warqueen has just 5+ save and bravery lowest of all champions? All my what


I will bet that she has a higher bravery than the goblin. And is not like she has that much armour.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/26 22:16:54


 Crimson Devil wrote:

Dakka does have White Knights and is also rather infamous for it's Black Knights. A new edition brings out the passionate and not all of them are good at expressing themselves in written form. There have been plenty of hysterical responses from both sides so far. So we descend into pointless bickering with neither side listening to each other. So posting here becomes more masturbation than conversation.

ERJAK wrote:
Forcing a 40k player to keep playing 7th is basically a hate crime.

 
   
Made in us
Auspicious Aspiring Champion of Chaos






A 5+ save and a 6+ FNP seems about right for the gear she's equipped with, and 8 bravery is exactly the same as every other Mortal Chaos hero.

2750 Unliving Legion of the Zarith Dynasty
840 Imperial Knights of House Janis
2000 Khorne Bloodbound of the Skullfiend Tribe (Aqshy)
2000 Tzeentch Arcanites of the Cult of Searing Light (Hysh)
3000 Slaves to Darkness of the Legion of Rusted Chains (Allpoints/Azyr)
2500 Sylvaneth of the Seelie Court (Ghyran)
 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Galas wrote:
And is not like she has that much armour.

Eh, having helmet, big metal shield, and vambraces would make her far better protected than Stormcast guy is, given his naked head and arms, and vastly better protected than the other two t-shirt clad clowns. Especially if she is supposed to be a 'duelist' type and actively use said shield/axe for defense (something Stormcast can't really do as parrying with hammer, especially so laughably big, is next to impossible). 3+ might be going too far but IMO she should have either 4+ or mechanism to dodge rend modifiers, at least.
   
Made in es
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain




Vigo. Spain.

She has a 6 FNP for his shield. You aren't familiar with AoS armour values if you believe she should have 4+. A Stormcast Paladin has a 4+ save! Dwarf Thunderers and Warriors have a 5+! The ghost has that armour save because hes a ghost, it doesn't represent armour, it represent how hard he his to hit, thats why he ignores rend.
And you can't say honestly that being naked but because she has an helmet and vambraces she is more protected that the guy in full plate armour just because he doesn't wear arm protection and a helmet. She isn't Wonder Woman. The Darkoath Chieftain has a 5+ armour save too.
But they are saying this Warscrols are fake. So lets see.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2018/01/26 22:52:46


 Crimson Devil wrote:

Dakka does have White Knights and is also rather infamous for it's Black Knights. A new edition brings out the passionate and not all of them are good at expressing themselves in written form. There have been plenty of hysterical responses from both sides so far. So we descend into pointless bickering with neither side listening to each other. So posting here becomes more masturbation than conversation.

ERJAK wrote:
Forcing a 40k player to keep playing 7th is basically a hate crime.

 
   
Made in us
Infiltrating Prowler






 Imateria wrote:
Spoiler:
 Rinkydink wrote:
SKR.HH wrote:

1. Morathi (<-- GLORIOUS)


I'm really liking Morathi, could even be a conversion project for a female Archon for 40K

I'm thinking the same thing.


Looks promising, but I think some people will freak out soon. Think she is in lobster claw boots which is a very John Blanche touch.

Excited for this release as I was expecting just a new tome with no new models. Gorgon girls is a fun addition and matches old Dark Elf imagery. There were a couple banners with gorgons imagery in the 4th ed books I recall.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/26 23:53:37


 
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User





 Yodhrin wrote:
Wait those are Harpies? I thought they were just "because it's ultra-high fantasy now" Elves with wings. Yeah, not as appealing in that case


<Derping intensifies>
   
Made in se
Executing Exarch






 Galas wrote:
She has a 6 FNP for his shield. You aren't familiar with AoS armour values if you believe she should have 4+. A Stormcast Paladin has a 4+ save! Dwarf Thunderers and Warriors have a 5+! The ghost has that armour save because hes a ghost, it doesn't represent armour, it represent how hard he his to hit, thats why he ignores rend.
And you can't say honestly that being naked but because she has an helmet and vambraces she is more protected that the guy in full plate armour just because he doesn't wear arm protection and a helmet. She isn't Wonder Woman. The Darkoath Chieftain has a 5+ armour save too.
But they are saying this Warscrols are fake. So lets see.


No one is saying Herald warscrolls are fake, they’re talking about the Death ones. Based on one angry dude posting on Facebook. It’s very unlikely that they actually are fake.
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




I was halfway through a reply about how, if they were fake, they were exceptionally well done, but actually there are some curiosities: for example, damage tables on the Maggotkin warscrolls use "Wounds allocated" instead of the old "Wounds suffered" terminology that appears on these. But, that said, elsewhere they do use the more precise style AoS has adopted since 40K dropped (like using " roll of n+" instead of "n or more" etc.). "SUMMONABLE" as a keyword also sounds kind of...I dunno...dorky too. I'd expect something a bit more thematic - THRALLS or ANIMATES or something, you know?

So in conclusion I don't know.
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut





 EnTyme wrote:
8 bravery is exactly the same as every other Mortal Chaos hero.

And why, pray tell, a queen isn't allowed to have a better stat than any regular chaos mook?

And a save for that matter, too? Please give one good reason.

 Galas wrote:
She has a 6 FNP for his shield. You aren't familiar with AoS armour values if you believe she should have 4+.

Oh yeah? Let's do a little comparison:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-DK/Slaughterpriest-with-Hackblade-and-Wrath-hammer

Completely naked guy, same save as her. Apparently his abs are as tough as steel or something.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-DK/Exhalted-Deathbringers

Again, completely naked guy. 4+ save. There goes any argument you two had. Want more?

 Galas wrote:
And you can't say honestly that being naked but because she has an helmet and vambraces she is more protected that the guy in full plate armour just because he doesn't wear arm protection and a helmet. She isn't Wonder Woman.

That's not how fighting works. Ask any HEMA practitioner, he will tell you 90% of hits are received to extremities and having a protection of head, and arms, is vastly more important than dumb fancy breastplate, as having your arm sliced open will kill you faster than any possible hit at the body. Maybe in Wonder Woman it works differently, I don't know, but let's stick to real fights, not comics.

If you don't belive me, here, Matt Easton, actual expert on medieval fighting, says as first thing in the video analysis that helmet alone is more important/valuable than breastplate/pauldrons, Ordinator-style:

https://youtu.be/drd8dQKr-oY?t=42

 Galas wrote:
The Darkoath Chieftain has a 5+ armour save too.

So, naked guy, no shield, no helmet, has same save. QED.

Wait, why you just completely demolished your own argument and not realized how silly everything you wrote before this line sounds?
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

EnTyme said she has the same bravery as Mortal Chaos heroes, not regular chaos mooks.
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut






Arguing over the comparative defensive parameters of a steel bra and a six pack. Good stuff, good stuff.
   
Made in es
Brutal Black Orc




Barcelona, Spain

 His Master's Voice wrote:
Arguing over the comparative defensive parameters of a steel bra and a six pack. Good stuff, good stuff.


Clearly the six-pack provides better defensive parameters, feth straker has a 3+ save just for his deliciously oiled abs.
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord






 Irbis wrote:
 EnTyme wrote:
8 bravery is exactly the same as every other Mortal Chaos hero.

And why, pray tell, a queen isn't allowed to have a better stat than any regular chaos mook?

And a save for that matter, too? Please give one good reason.

 Galas wrote:
She has a 6 FNP for his shield. You aren't familiar with AoS armour values if you believe she should have 4+.

Oh yeah? Let's do a little comparison:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-DK/Slaughterpriest-with-Hackblade-and-Wrath-hammer

Completely naked guy, same save as her. Apparently his abs are as tough as steel or something.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-DK/Exhalted-Deathbringers

Again, completely naked guy. 4+ save. There goes any argument you two had. Want more?

 Galas wrote:
And you can't say honestly that being naked but because she has an helmet and vambraces she is more protected that the guy in full plate armour just because he doesn't wear arm protection and a helmet. She isn't Wonder Woman.

That's not how fighting works. Ask any HEMA practitioner, he will tell you 90% of hits are received to extremities and having a protection of head, and arms, is vastly more important than dumb fancy breastplate, as having your arm sliced open will kill you faster than any possible hit at the body. Maybe in Wonder Woman it works differently, I don't know, but let's stick to real fights, not comics.

If you don't belive me, here, Matt Easton, actual expert on medieval fighting, says as first thing in the video analysis that helmet alone is more important/valuable than breastplate/pauldrons, Ordinator-style:

https://youtu.be/drd8dQKr-oY?t=42

 Galas wrote:
The Darkoath Chieftain has a 5+ armour save too.

So, naked guy, no shield, no helmet, has same save. QED.

Wait, why you just completely demolished your own argument and not realized how silly everything you wrote before this line sounds?
Personally I think she should have 5+ armor given what she is wearing. Look at stormcast covered in plate getting a 4+. Btw, the slaughterpriest DOES have only a 5+ save and 'completely naked' really isn't true. The 4+ save on exalted deathbringers is based off the initial model rather than the newer ones (but the newer ones should totally have more armor imo). I still think that as a model that's supposed to be a viable general she is too squishy, the runeshield should be a 5+ with the wound-bouncing; it would make her more durable and penalize enemies for attacking her more. And honestly a 4+ armor wouldn't help her much given how often character-sniping uses mortal wounds to do so.

Also, an arrow through the arm won't kill you, an arrow through the gut certainly will. Just throwing that out there.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/28 03:16:39


"Putting a statement in quotations makes it seem more legitimate."
--Bette R. Withname

Imagine three people with the same set of values but radically different emotional states, each of them believes their position is more valid than the other two, they all post using the same account, and your job is to make it coherent. 
   
Made in us
Confessor Of Sins




Lord Kragan wrote:
 His Master's Voice wrote:
Arguing over the comparative defensive parameters of a steel bra and a six pack. Good stuff, good stuff.


Clearly the six-pack provides better defensive parameters, feth straker has a 3+ save just for his deliciously oiled abs.


Like the model ever had anything to do with the armor save. What a stupid waste of time. If you have enough time to whine about THIS you should get a job hippie.

2500pts
2500
3000


 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





Hyperspace

The discussion about the armor is worthwhile and constructive (not this “whining” accusation that’s thrown around everywhere). There’s no need to be abusive.

I’m really loving those Daughters Of Khaine, the winged harpy-looking one is pretty close to perfect. I appreciate the lack of boobplate - the raised ridge is a good compromise from a completely flat plate to a silly full boobplate.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/28 05:43:39




Peregrine - If you like the army buy it, and don't worry about what one random person on the internet thinks.
 
   
Made in gb
[MOD]
Et In Arcadia Ego





Canterbury

 Verviedi wrote:
The discussion about the armor is worthwhile and constructive (not this “whining” accusation that’s thrown around everywhere). There’s no need to be abusive.

.


Indeed.


One wouldn't put too much store with regards to actual non magical examples and so forth.

It's just toy soldiers.





The poor man really has a stake in the country. The rich man hasn't; he can go away to New Guinea in a yacht. The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all
We love our superheroes because they refuse to give up on us. We can analyze them out of existence, kill them, ban them, mock them, and still they return, patiently reminding us of who we are and what we wish we could be.
It’s only KY-Jelly if it’s from Kentucky, otherwise it’s just sparkling lube.
 
   
Made in ca
Grumpy Longbeard





Canada

 NinthMusketeer wrote:
Spoiler:
 Irbis wrote:
 EnTyme wrote:
8 bravery is exactly the same as every other Mortal Chaos hero.

And why, pray tell, a queen isn't allowed to have a better stat than any regular chaos mook?

And a save for that matter, too? Please give one good reason.

 Galas wrote:
She has a 6 FNP for his shield. You aren't familiar with AoS armour values if you believe she should have 4+.

Oh yeah? Let's do a little comparison:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-DK/Slaughterpriest-with-Hackblade-and-Wrath-hammer

Completely naked guy, same save as her. Apparently his abs are as tough as steel or something.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-DK/Exhalted-Deathbringers

Again, completely naked guy. 4+ save. There goes any argument you two had. Want more?

 Galas wrote:
And you can't say honestly that being naked but because she has an helmet and vambraces she is more protected that the guy in full plate armour just because he doesn't wear arm protection and a helmet. She isn't Wonder Woman.

That's not how fighting works. Ask any HEMA practitioner, he will tell you 90% of hits are received to extremities and having a protection of head, and arms, is vastly more important than dumb fancy breastplate, as having your arm sliced open will kill you faster than any possible hit at the body. Maybe in Wonder Woman it works differently, I don't know, but let's stick to real fights, not comics.

If you don't belive me, here, Matt Easton, actual expert on medieval fighting, says as first thing in the video analysis that helmet alone is more important/valuable than breastplate/pauldrons, Ordinator-style:

https://youtu.be/drd8dQKr-oY?t=42

 Galas wrote:
The Darkoath Chieftain has a 5+ armour save too.

So, naked guy, no shield, no helmet, has same save. QED.

Wait, why you just completely demolished your own argument and not realized how silly everything you wrote before this line sounds?
Personally I think she should have 5+ armor given what she is wearing. Look at stormcast covered in plate getting a 4+. Btw, the slaughterpriest DOES have only a 5+ save and 'completely naked' really isn't true. The 4+ save on exalted deathbringers is based off the initial model rather than the newer ones (but the newer ones should totally have more armor imo). I still think that as a model that's supposed to be a viable general she is too squishy, the runeshield should be a 5+ with the wound-bouncing; it would make her more durable and penalize enemies for attacking her more. And honestly a 4+ armor wouldn't help her much given how often character-sniping uses mortal wounds to do so.

Also, an arrow through the arm won't kill you, an arrow through the gut certainly will. Just throwing that out there.

Could you please just put long quotes in a spoiler, like this. We've all seen what you're quoting a few times now.


Resurrectionists
Nightstalkers
Dwarfs  
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Unmaker, Scion of Tzeentch





Southern New Hampshire

 reds8n wrote:
 Verviedi wrote:
The discussion about the armor is worthwhile and constructive (not this “whining” accusation that’s thrown around everywhere). There’s no need to be abusive.

.


Indeed.


One wouldn't put too much store with regards to actual non magical examples and so forth.

It's just toy soldiers.



But, mayhaps take it to a 'discussion' thread, instead?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/28 17:11:25


"There are no problems that cannot be solved with cannons." - Chief Engineer Boris Krauss of Nuln

AoS - Fires of Change : "The Everchosen stole my destiny. Soon, I shall return the favor." The Unmaker, Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch

Thousand Sons
Renegade Astartes The Scourged
Daemons

DR:80S++G++M--B+IPwhfb01#+D+++A+++/fWD268R++T(D)DM+++
 
   
Made in es
Longtime Dakkanaut





Next week

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/01/28/next-weeks-pre-orders-death-coming-good-way/
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Savage Minotaur




Baltimore, Maryland

Skullvane manse is back!!!!

"Sometimes the only victory possible is to keep your opponent from winning." - The Emperor, from The Outcast Dead.
"Tell your gods we are coming for them, and that their realms will burn as ours did." -Thostos Bladestorm
 
   
Made in es
Longtime Dakkanaut





From french forum:

- les 4 hérauts de Malign Portents (25€ chacun)



- Dés et Combat Gauge "Malign Portents" (respectivement 15€ et 8€)



- ressortie du mythique Warscryer (la tour Battle) pour 85€



- sortie du livre de campagne Malign Portents pour 20€ (règles, fluff, "présages", warscrolls, etc)



- Battletome Legions of Nagash (25€)



2 nouvelles SC le 24 février : Kharadrons et Stormcasts Vanguard
   
Made in es
Brutal Black Orc




Barcelona, Spain

zamerion wrote:



2 nouvelles SC le 24 février : Kharadrons et Stormcasts Vanguard


Wait, two novels? They don't appear in the black library site, any details?
   
Made in es
Longtime Dakkanaut





No more info, sorry.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





The Skullvane Manse is going to be very tempting. It would look really good looming over a few Gardens of Morr and spooky woods. Fingers crossed for the oop towers to make a comeback as well.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/28 21:22:32


 
   
Made in ch
Regular Dakkanaut




The Garden Of Nurgle

Lord Kragan wrote:
zamerion wrote:



2 nouvelles SC le 24 février : Kharadrons et Stormcasts Vanguard


Wait, two novels? They don't appear in the black library site, any details?


No, here "nouvelles" means "new" SC, i.e. Start Collecting ! So we should get two Start collecting the 24th of February, Kharadrons Overlords and Stormcasts Vanguards !

That's really cool.

---

I'm also super happy to have the MP book now (and Legions of Nagahs + the Knight of Shrouds + some "Death" dice)

"... Your blood shall water my Master's rotten earth..." 
   
Made in de
Been Around the Block




Lord Kragan wrote:
zamerion wrote:



2 nouvelles SC le 24 février : Kharadrons et Stormcasts Vanguard


Wait, two novels? They don't appear in the black library site, any details?


nope, 2 new Start Collecting Boxes
   
Made in ch
Regular Dakkanaut




The Garden Of Nurgle

zamerion wrote:
No more info, sorry.


Numiria on the Warfo answered you about your "next month" question ; apparently the WD announce an article titled "Blood omens"


"... Your blood shall water my Master's rotten earth..." 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: