Switch Theme:

Age of Sigmar News & Rumors. p323 new FAQS  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in es
Brutal Black Orc




Barcelona, Spain

zamerion wrote:
From french forum:

- les 4 hérauts de Malign Portents (25€ chacun)



- Dés et Combat Gauge "Malign Portents" (respectivement 15€ et 8€)



- ressortie du mythique Warscryer (la tour Battle) pour 85€



- sortie du livre de campagne Malign Portents pour 20€ (règles, fluff, "présages", warscrolls, etc)



- Battletome Legions of Nagash (25€)



2 nouvelles SC le 24 février : Kharadrons et Stormcasts Vanguard


BTW, links to forum?
   
Made in ch
Regular Dakkanaut




The Garden Of Nurgle

Lord Kragan wrote:
zamerion wrote:
From french forum:

- les 4 hérauts de Malign Portents (25€ chacun)



- Dés et Combat Gauge "Malign Portents" (respectivement 15€ et 8€)



- ressortie du mythique Warscryer (la tour Battle) pour 85€



- sortie du livre de campagne Malign Portents pour 20€ (règles, fluff, "présages", warscrolls, etc)



- Battletome Legions of Nagash (25€)



2 nouvelles SC le 24 février : Kharadrons et Stormcasts Vanguard


BTW, links to forum?


Warhammer forum, aka Warfo

http://www.warhammer-forum.com/index.php?/forum/3-aos-rumeurs-et-nouveautés/

Especially : Calendriers des sorties, i.e. Releases Schedule

http://www.warhammer-forum.com/index.php?/topic/231038-calendrier-des-sorties-aos/&page=154

"... Your blood shall water my Master's rotten earth..." 
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

Any details as to what's in the Stormcast Vanguard Start Collecting?
   
Made in ch
Regular Dakkanaut




The Garden Of Nurgle

Apparently nothing yet (form the French Warfo)

EDIT : pictures
[Thumb - KOSC.jpg]

[Thumb - NHJJ0qs.jpg]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/28 23:40:09


"... Your blood shall water my Master's rotten earth..." 
   
Made in es
Brutal Black Orc




Barcelona, Spain

Darn it! Here I was hoping for a frigate and company.
   
Made in ch
Storm Trooper with Maglight





Wow, that Kharadron set is... kind of meh. I expected an Arknaught Company since they're the core of the army. Also disappointing to see a Gunhauler as the centrepiece, rather than a Frigate but I guess Kharadron's don't sell as poorly as Fyreslayers and their Magmadroth.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/29 01:21:11


 
   
Made in ca
Experienced Saurus Scar-Veteran





California the Southern

Disappointed no frigate as well, but that Stormcast vanguard one might not be a bad deal.

3 of the Palladors cavalry, looks like 5 of the Vanguard Hunters, at least 2 or 3 gryphounds, and a Lord Aquilor as well.

Considering my local shop's discount there will definitely be savings to be had.


Poorly lit photos of my ever- growing collection of completely unrelated models!

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/627383.page#7436324.html
Watch and listen to me ramble about these minis before ruining them with paint!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmCB2mWIxhYF8Q36d2Am_2A 
   
Made in us
Stone Bonkers Fabricator General






Home Base: Waconia, MN (Minneapolis)

Yeah, let's be realistic here. The Overlords is amazing if you want the models if it's a start collecting and $85 as it's $155 (Endrinmaster, Gunhauler, Balloon Dudes, and Thunderers) regular for stuff in the box.The Vanguard also at for what appears to be around $155 (Hunters, Hounds, Aquilor, and Palladors). And that box is all awesome stuff for someone who is leaning that direction for stormcast or who want to essentially add one of all the vanguard units in a single go at a significant discount.

That's assuming they are both for $85 and not $100 like the some of the more recent rando sets.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/29 01:33:56


Best Painted (2015 Adepticon 40k Champs)

They Shall Know Fear - Adepticon 40k TT Champion (2012 & 2013) & 40k TT Best Sport (2014), 40k TT Best Tactician (2015 & 2016) 
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

Goddamn. I don't need another Lord-Aquilor(I have 3 of them at the moment) or more Gryph-Hounds(I have 34 at the moment)...but I want more Palladors and Hunters.

They've stated in the past that Start Collectings are going to stay static at their current price point.
   
Made in us
Stone Bonkers Fabricator General






Home Base: Waconia, MN (Minneapolis)

Nearly 50% off is a good call on them since that means a discount even when you remove the character most of the time.

Best Painted (2015 Adepticon 40k Champs)

They Shall Know Fear - Adepticon 40k TT Champion (2012 & 2013) & 40k TT Best Sport (2014), 40k TT Best Tactician (2015 & 2016) 
   
Made in vn
Longtime Dakkanaut




Was expecting Neave Blacktalon to lead the band in the SC Vanguard box.
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

Chopstick wrote:
Was expecting Neave Blacktalon to lead the band in the SC Vanguard box.

Why?
Horticulous got released solo. She's slated to get a solo release too--but not for awhile. It'll probably be whenever the novel/novella about her gets released.


It's kind of sad but right now there are only two hero options for a Vanguard player. Lord-Aquilors and Naeve Blacktalon, and Naeve locks you into playing Hammers of Sigmar.
Hopefully we'll get a generic Knight-Zephyros(Naeve is supposedly "the first" of them) soon, and hopefully it'll come as a double kit with another Knight variant that would be a ranged assassin instead of a CC monster like Naeve and the Zephyros are supposed to be.
   
Made in us
Confessor Of Sins




 Kanluwen wrote:
Goddamn. I don't need another Lord-Aquilor(I have 3 of them at the moment) or more Gryph-Hounds(I have 34 at the moment)...but I want more Palladors and Hunters.

They've stated in the past that Start Collectings are going to stay static at their current price point.


Since blightwar came out you can buy palladors for like 20$ on ebay, and hunters for a nickle since not very many people want them.

2500pts
2500
3000


 
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord






 Kanluwen wrote:
Chopstick wrote:
Was expecting Neave Blacktalon to lead the band in the SC Vanguard box.

Why?
Horticulous got released solo. She's slated to get a solo release too--but not for awhile. It'll probably be whenever the novel/novella about her gets released.


It's kind of sad but right now there are only two hero options for a Vanguard player. Lord-Aquilors and Naeve Blacktalon, and Naeve locks you into playing Hammers of Sigmar.
Hopefully we'll get a generic Knight-Zephyros(Naeve is supposedly "the first" of them) soon, and hopefully it'll come as a double kit with another Knight variant that would be a ranged assassin instead of a CC monster like Naeve and the Zephyros are supposed to be.
'Locking' into Hammers of Sigmar isn't like it would be in 40k, it doesn't do anything, it isn't a keyword, and there's no restrictions that result. Would still be better if she were generic. As a sidenote I wish they would stop releasing new character warscrolls and instead do them as alternate builds, like Slaughterpriests or Exalted Deathbringers. The Lord-Ordinator could have been a new equipment option for the Castellent, and even more obviously the named shield dude (who will never get used since he is named) should have just been a different Celestant option.

"Putting a statement in quotations makes it seem more legitimate."
--Bette R. Withname

Imagine three people with the same set of values but radically different emotional states, each of them believes their position is more valid than the other two, they all post using the same account, and your job is to make it coherent. 
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





Mhm, those SCs are tasty if you have zero of the minis included The Stormcasts I'll mostly have once I buy Blight Wars, but I'll get the Kharadron one sometime. Palladors are 30€ on ebay from a quick search, so the SC would still be okay if you want the rest.

Sooo, in other news, Overlords took how long to get a SC? Maybe next year I can get a Daughters of Khaine SC, eh? Drool.

Looking for a Skaven Doomwheel banner to repair my Nurgle knights.  
   
Made in gb
Princeps of the Emperor's Titan!






Not as long as Fyreslayers waited for theirs

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives?Why not join us?

 
   
Made in us
Confessor Of Sins




 Kanluwen wrote:
Chopstick wrote:
Was expecting Neave Blacktalon to lead the band in the SC Vanguard box.

Why?
Horticulous got released solo. She's slated to get a solo release too--but not for awhile. It'll probably be whenever the novel/novella about her gets released.


It's kind of sad but right now there are only two hero options for a Vanguard player. Lord-Aquilors and Naeve Blacktalon, and Naeve locks you into playing Hammers of Sigmar.
Hopefully we'll get a generic Knight-Zephyros(Naeve is supposedly "the first" of them) soon, and hopefully it'll come as a double kit with another Knight variant that would be a ranged assassin instead of a CC monster like Naeve and the Zephyros are supposed to be.


For the Neave thing. 1. Hammers of Sigmar only have rules if you pay 400pts in battalions to get them, which no-one does. In 40k it would be a bit of a problem because of buff auras and special characters but not in Sigmar And 2. If you're worried about painting her blue and gold, don't be. Do you know how many red/black/grey/rainbow guillamen I've seen on the table since he came out? Or how many allarielles painted all winterized?

Paint her however you want her to look. No one will care.

2500pts
2500
3000


 
   
Made in us
Lieutenant General





Florence, KY

General's Handbook 2017, Grand Alliance Chaos and Order FAQs have been updated.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/29 14:31:50


'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in us
Auspicious Aspiring Champion of Chaos






HorticulusDK wrote:
Lord Kragan wrote:
zamerion wrote:



2 nouvelles SC le 24 février : Kharadrons et Stormcasts Vanguard


Wait, two novels? They don't appear in the black library site, any details?


No, here "nouvelles" means "new" SC, i.e. Start Collecting ! So we should get two Start collecting the 24th of February, Kharadrons Overlords and Stormcasts Vanguards !

That's really cool.

---

I'm also super happy to have the MP book now (and Legions of Nagahs + the Knight of Shrouds + some "Death" dice)


I completely missed the new SCs (realizing how long it's been since I took French)! Disappointing that we aren't getting a Tzeentch Arcanites SC, though.

2750 Unliving Legion of the Zarith Dynasty
840 Imperial Knights of House Janis
2000 Khorne Bloodbound of the Skullfiend Tribe (Aqshy)
2000 Tzeentch Arcanites of the Cult of Searing Light (Hysh)
3000 Slaves to Darkness of the Legion of Rusted Chains (Allpoints/Azyr)
2500 Sylvaneth of the Seelie Court (Ghyran)
 
   
Made in se
Executing Exarch






 EnTyme wrote:
HorticulusDK wrote:
Lord Kragan wrote:
zamerion wrote:



2 nouvelles SC le 24 février : Kharadrons et Stormcasts Vanguard


Wait, two novels? They don't appear in the black library site, any details?


No, here "nouvelles" means "new" SC, i.e. Start Collecting ! So we should get two Start collecting the 24th of February, Kharadrons Overlords and Stormcasts Vanguards !

That's really cool.

---

I'm also super happy to have the MP book now (and Legions of Nagahs + the Knight of Shrouds + some "Death" dice)


I completely missed the new SCs (realizing how long it's been since I took French)! Disappointing that we aren't getting a Tzeentch Arcanites SC, though.


Well you can still get the Battleforce.
   
Made in de
Poisonous Tomb Scorpion






 EnTyme wrote:
Spoiler:
HorticulusDK wrote:
Lord Kragan wrote:
zamerion wrote:



2 nouvelles SC le 24 février : Kharadrons et Stormcasts Vanguard


Wait, two novels? They don't appear in the black library site, any details?


No, here "nouvelles" means "new" SC, i.e. Start Collecting ! So we should get two Start collecting the 24th of February, Kharadrons Overlords and Stormcasts Vanguards !

That's really cool.

---

I'm also super happy to have the MP book now (and Legions of Nagahs + the Knight of Shrouds + some "Death" dice)


I completely missed the new SCs (realizing how long it's been since I took French)! Disappointing that we aren't getting a Tzeentch Arcanites SC, though.


We got a Christmas battle force for them. I would assume that's good enough for GW until the next round of start collecting boxes comes around.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in de
Regular Dakkanaut




Hamburg

Well, same could be said about the Kharadrons...

My Element Games referal code: SVE5335 
   
Made in de
Poisonous Tomb Scorpion






Malign Portents article - Why we fight:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/01/29/malign-portents-means-armygw-homepage-post-3/

And the important question is...

Slaanesh

Trapped somewhere between the Realms, Slaanesh has also had an insight into the dark future that could await the Mortal Realms, and is deliciously tormented by what the visions foretell – for one, it would make escape that much more difficult, and for another, the dominion of Death would just be unbearably dull.


Who will be the first to spin this as the squatting of Slaanesh?

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in nl
Dakka Veteran





 Geifer wrote:

And the important question is...

Slaanesh

Trapped somewhere between the Realms, Slaanesh has also had an insight into the dark future that could await the Mortal Realms, and is deliciously tormented by what the visions foretell – for one, it would make escape that much more difficult, and for another, the dominion of Death would just be unbearably dull.


Who will be the first to spin this as the squatting of Slaanesh?


you just did

 
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

 Ghaz wrote:
General's Handbook 2017, Grand Alliance Chaos and Order FAQs have been updated.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/

And still no damn shields for the Wild Riders!
   
Made in us
Auspicious Aspiring Champion of Chaos






 Geifer wrote:
 EnTyme wrote:
Spoiler:
HorticulusDK wrote:
Lord Kragan wrote:
zamerion wrote:



2 nouvelles SC le 24 février : Kharadrons et Stormcasts Vanguard


Wait, two novels? They don't appear in the black library site, any details?


No, here "nouvelles" means "new" SC, i.e. Start Collecting ! So we should get two Start collecting the 24th of February, Kharadrons Overlords and Stormcasts Vanguards !

That's really cool.

---

I'm also super happy to have the MP book now (and Legions of Nagahs + the Knight of Shrouds + some "Death" dice)


I completely missed the new SCs (realizing how long it's been since I took French)! Disappointing that we aren't getting a Tzeentch Arcanites SC, though.


We got a Christmas battle force for them. I would assume that's good enough for GW until the next round of start collecting boxes comes around.


So did the Kharadron and Vanguard Chamber. It's just disappointing that we aren't getting one yet.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/29 16:38:01


2750 Unliving Legion of the Zarith Dynasty
840 Imperial Knights of House Janis
2000 Khorne Bloodbound of the Skullfiend Tribe (Aqshy)
2000 Tzeentch Arcanites of the Cult of Searing Light (Hysh)
3000 Slaves to Darkness of the Legion of Rusted Chains (Allpoints/Azyr)
2500 Sylvaneth of the Seelie Court (Ghyran)
 
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

 EnTyme wrote:
 Geifer wrote:
 EnTyme wrote:
Spoiler:
HorticulusDK wrote:
Lord Kragan wrote:
zamerion wrote:



2 nouvelles SC le 24 février : Kharadrons et Stormcasts Vanguard


Wait, two novels? They don't appear in the black library site, any details?


No, here "nouvelles" means "new" SC, i.e. Start Collecting ! So we should get two Start collecting the 24th of February, Kharadrons Overlords and Stormcasts Vanguards !

That's really cool.

---

I'm also super happy to have the MP book now (and Legions of Nagahs + the Knight of Shrouds + some "Death" dice)


I completely missed the new SCs (realizing how long it's been since I took French)! Disappointing that we aren't getting a Tzeentch Arcanites SC, though.


We got a Christmas battle force for them. I would assume that's good enough for GW until the next round of start collecting boxes comes around.


So did the Kharadron and Vanguard Chamber. It's just disappointing that we aren't getting one yet.

Who says we're not?

If I had to guess though, it might be coming with Thousand Sons.

I'd guess:
1x Tzaangor Shaman
1x box of Tzaangors
1x box of Skyfires
   
Made in de
Poisonous Tomb Scorpion






terry wrote:
 Geifer wrote:

And the important question is...

Slaanesh

Trapped somewhere between the Realms, Slaanesh has also had an insight into the dark future that could await the Mortal Realms, and is deliciously tormented by what the visions foretell – for one, it would make escape that much more difficult, and for another, the dominion of Death would just be unbearably dull.


Who will be the first to spin this as the squatting of Slaanesh?


you just did


Humbug! Slander! Propaganda! I'm just fulfilling my journalistic duties!

 EnTyme wrote:
 Geifer wrote:
 EnTyme wrote:
Spoiler:
HorticulusDK wrote:
Lord Kragan wrote:
zamerion wrote:



2 nouvelles SC le 24 février : Kharadrons et Stormcasts Vanguard


Wait, two novels? They don't appear in the black library site, any details?


No, here "nouvelles" means "new" SC, i.e. Start Collecting ! So we should get two Start collecting the 24th of February, Kharadrons Overlords and Stormcasts Vanguards !

That's really cool.

---

I'm also super happy to have the MP book now (and Legions of Nagahs + the Knight of Shrouds + some "Death" dice)


I completely missed the new SCs (realizing how long it's been since I took French)! Disappointing that we aren't getting a Tzeentch Arcanites SC, though.


We got a Christmas battle force for them. I would assume that's good enough for GW until the next round of start collecting boxes comes around.


So did the Kharadron and Vanguard Chamber. It's just disappointing that we aren't getting one yet.


Well, yeah. I'm not saying it's not disappointing (for those who like Tzeentch). Just guessing as to why it went down the way it did. Of those three armies, I would put Tzeentch down as the one that's the least priority for GW. They obviously want to sell Sigmarines and while people have been pretty positive about the Tzeentch models, I think the dwarfs received more attention overall. That's just my impression, though. I look at the Start Collecting boxes as filler and assume they just don't want to release too many at the same time.

But of course, who knows with GW?

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in us
Auspicious Aspiring Champion of Chaos






It is what it is I suppose, but an Arcanites SC could be marketed to Thousand Sons players now, too.

2750 Unliving Legion of the Zarith Dynasty
840 Imperial Knights of House Janis
2000 Khorne Bloodbound of the Skullfiend Tribe (Aqshy)
2000 Tzeentch Arcanites of the Cult of Searing Light (Hysh)
3000 Slaves to Darkness of the Legion of Rusted Chains (Allpoints/Azyr)
2500 Sylvaneth of the Seelie Court (Ghyran)
 
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

 Geifer wrote:

Well, yeah. I'm not saying it's not disappointing (for those who like Tzeentch). Just guessing as to why it went down the way it did. Of those three armies, I would put Tzeentch down as the one that's the least priority for GW. They obviously want to sell Sigmarines and while people have been pretty positive about the Tzeentch models, I think the dwarfs received more attention overall. That's just my impression, though. I look at the Start Collecting boxes as filler and assume they just don't want to release too many at the same time.

But of course, who knows with GW?

The issue with your theory is that Vanguard Stormcast? They're effectively treated as a 'separate army' at this point. They're in the same book as regular Stormcast, but their range and numbers required is way different to a normal Stormcast army. They're also considered fairly expensive in terms of cash for what they are. I know that I had a really hard time finding someone willing to split a Blight Wars with me so I could get the Vanguard half(before the big Vanguard box came out). Previous starter sets or things of that nature? I've been able to split multiple boxes with people and build entire damn armies. Nobody wanted to go in on this one since they all wanted to grab the Vanguard half as well since it was discounted.

It's also hilarious that they have put Gryph-Hounds into both bundle boxes for the Vanguard when they can't even take Gryph-Hounds as part of their Path to Glory rolls.

The Retinue Followers Table?
D6 Strike Chamber Vanguard Auxiliary
1 Gryph-Hounds Aetherwings
2-4 Liberators Aetherwings
3 ^ Hunters
4 ^^ Hunters
5-6 Prosecutors Hunters



As it stands, I really am thinking that the reason for no Arcanites box yet is to tie it in with the Thousand Sons release.

I'm going to revise my guess a bit as well.

1x Shaman
2x Tzaangors boxes
1x Mutalith Vortex

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/29 17:13:20


 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: