Switch Theme:

40k New Edition Summary - 14th June 17: Lord Duncan paints Primaris in Gravis/non-codex SM focus  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Rippy wrote:
I'm not sure this is an 8th edition rumour guys


It is Rippy, she teases a future 40k event for Blood Angels

"After a brutal campaign in the Cryptus System fighting the alien tyranids, Lord Dante returns to Baal to marshal the entire Blood Angels Chapter and their Successors against Hive Fleet Leviathan. Thus begins the greatest conflict in the history of the sons of Sanguinius. Despite a valiant battle in the void around Baal, the Blood Angels are unable to stop the tyranids drawing ever closer, but their petitions for reinforcements are met with dread news. The Cadian Gate, the Imperium’s most stalwart bastion against Chaos, has fallen. In their darkest hour, no help will reach the beleaguered Dante and his warriors. Is this truly then the Time of Ending?"


Check this and the comments below

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2004


This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2017/05/16 20:17:23


 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Connecticut

It's specifically related to a rumor posted by Atia regarding the GW release today. She goes in to more details in the comments.

Blood Angels, Custodes, Tzeentch, Alpha Legion, Astra Militarum, Deathwatch, Thousand Sons, Imperial Knights, Tau, Genestealer Cult.

I have a problem.

Being contrary for the sake of being contrary doesn't make you unique, it makes you annoying.

 Purifier wrote:
Using your rules isn't being a dick.
 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




 Cephalobeard wrote:
Warhams-77 wrote:
Did Dakka miss the Sanguinis teaser from Atia?



Lady Atia Mod Starchild • 17 minutes ago

Well, I just want to threw out that everything (or atleast most) you think to know about the Horus vs Emperor fight will be retconned.



https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2004#comment-3308960760

Well, I guess that is what she meant


I need to know more.


Spoiler:


GW, stop. You're undermining everything you've built your background on....
   
Made in es
Dark Angels Librarian with Book of Secrets




Vigo. Spain.

So they are gonna make all Primarchs alive to sell them... oh sweet


See guys? This is what you get for buying all those Forgeworld's Horus Heresy marines.

I hope you are proud!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2017/05/16 20:22:57


 Crimson Devil wrote:

Dakka does have White Knights and is also rather infamous for it's Black Knights. A new edition brings out the passionate and not all of them are good at expressing themselves in written form. There have been plenty of hysterical responses from both sides so far. So we descend into pointless bickering with neither side listening to each other. So posting here becomes more masturbation than conversation.

ERJAK wrote:
Forcing a 40k player to keep playing 7th is basically a hate crime.

 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




"Well, I just want to threw out that everything (or atleast most) you think to know about the Horus vs Emperor fight will be retconned."

Lady Atia,


p
   
Made in us
Ancient Venerable Dreadnought





The Beach

TIL Laurie Golding is a dude.


 Cephalobeard wrote:
I'm fully on board with retconning some things to allow more primarchs to return. I am one of those with that opinion. They're really cool, and are what drew me to the hobby to begin with.

And here I've said the opposite: that GW needs to kill off more primarchs in the Horus Heresy to give the story more weight at depth. It used to be that primarchs fighting one another meant somebody died. Horus/Sanguinius. Ferrus/Fulgrim, Guilliman/Alpharius, Guilliman/Fulgrim.

The novel series reduced primarch fights to fan service. The Japanese schoolgirl panty shot of 30K. Everyone has a nice tussle, and then it gets broken up and they live to fight another day.

The Horus Heresy would do well to kill off some of the "expendable" primarchs at Terra who don't factor into any important later events. Lorgar, Mortarion, Khaaaaaan, Corax come to mind. I'd include Vulkan, but really, bored of him dying and coming back over and over, lol.

Marneus Calgar is referred to as "one of the Imperium's greatest tacticians" and he treats the Codex like it's the War Bible. If the Codex is garbage, then how bad is everyone else?

True Scale Space Marines: Tutorial, Posing, Conversions and other madness. The Brief and Humorous History of the Horus Heresy

 
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





Correct, Ceph, that's what I meant

It is cryptic. Just a teaser. This could turn out to be a misunderstanding, too

Lets wait for more info about how GW will actually do this. Could turn out to be a good retcon.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/05/16 20:24:29


 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




Sanguinius isn't coming back
   
Made in gb
Androgynous Daemon Prince of Slaanesh





Devon, UK

There's always been a line of thinking that Sanguinius' "soul" didn't perish with his body, and that's what the Sanguinor represents, so, given the Imperium has now got a handle on better gene forge tech and RG has apparently had a nice chat with his dad, there's a plausible narrative to bring him back.

Whether it's the right thing or not, is a different argument.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
LightKing wrote:
Sanguinius isn't coming back


Citation needed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/05/16 20:28:20


We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't. - Frank Howard Clark

The wise man doubts often, and changes his mind; the fool is obstinate, and doubts not; he knows all things but his own ignorance.

The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense!” Professor Brian Cox

Ask me about
Barnstaple Slayers Club 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




Wait a second people are hating on the Indomitus Crusade


why? we havn't even learned anything about it yet?
   
Made in ca
Fully-charged Electropriest





Oh boy, here we go.

Once they start saying primarchs that died didn't actually die, you can be sure we're off the deep end of the creativity for the setting.

I'm sure the retcons will be totally respectful of what makes 40k interesting as a setting for a wargame, and won't at all be a sanitising and homogenising of the various story elements for practical marketing purposes...
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




HERE WE GO
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




The whole premise of the blood angels is a chapter that lives every day with the repercussions of the death of their primarch.

Everything about them, including the very way the chapter is organized, revolves around it.

If he is not dead, then no death company, no mephiston, no sanguinary priests, nothing.

   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






Warhams-77 wrote:
 Rippy wrote:
I'm not sure this is an 8th edition rumour guys


It is Rippy, she teases a future 40k event for Blood Angels

"After a brutal campaign in the Cryptus System fighting the alien tyranids, Lord Dante returns to Baal to marshal the entire Blood Angels Chapter and their Successors against Hive Fleet Leviathan. Thus begins the greatest conflict in the history of the sons of Sanguinius. Despite a valiant battle in the void around Baal, the Blood Angels are unable to stop the tyranids drawing ever closer, but their petitions for reinforcements are met with dread news. The Cadian Gate, the Imperium’s most stalwart bastion against Chaos, has fallen. In their darkest hour, no help will reach the beleaguered Dante and his warriors. Is this truly then the Time of Ending?"


Check this and the comments below

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2004




Greatest conflict in the history of the sons of Sanguinius? Are they retconning out the Horus Heresy sections back when Blood Angel legion strength was above that of all the current successor chapters combined and they helped defend the Holy Terra from Horus' final assault (and lost their primarch as a consequence of that desperate gambit)? So I guess now that's not good enough, huh, GW?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/05/16 20:34:44


   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




LightKing wrote:
Wait a second people are hating on the Indomitus Crusade


why? we havn't even learned anything about it yet?


1- GW covered it today.

2- The misuse of this trope is mainly why there have been complaints about it. We know a fair bit from the article today and the video from a couple of weeks ago.
   
Made in us
Legendary Master of the Chapter






 Jambles wrote:
Oh boy, here we go.

Once they start saying primarchs that died didn't actually die, you can be sure we're off the deep end of the creativity for the setting.

I'm sure the retcons will be totally respectful of what makes 40k interesting as a setting for a wargame, and won't at all be a sanitising and homogenising of the various story elements for practical marketing purposes...


Well with soul magic and the likes i wouldnt mind if some of the super dead primarchs came back in some specific ways like some bs eldar soul stone nonsense or they poked at dad and her burped out sanguinuses soul that proceded to take over some notable blood angle guy and now he IS Sanguinious.

maybe trollzian makes a deal to release his pokeball primarch and girlyman sets out of his adventures in joto to catch all the primarchmons.

i honestly have no issue with it.

40k story is already ridiculous as it is so whats the worse that can happen.

 Unit1126PLL wrote:
 Scott-S6 wrote:
And yet another thread is hijacked for Unit to ask for the same advice, receive the same answers and make the same excuses.

Oh my god I'm becoming martel.
Send help!

 
   
Made in gb
Slashing Veteran Sword Bretheren






Liverpool

It does give off the impression that the Blood Angels are being set up for something and I honestly can see Sanguinius come back. Now THAT is a Primarch I would gladly follow. Maybe he will become the leader for the Imperium trapped on the other side of the rift. They need a leader too right? Can totally see this.

But please PLEASE I hope they will not literally retcon everything to basically say the fight never happened. I hate it when lore is destroyed to justify something new. Just have the Emperor burst him into being again like he does with Celestine or something. I have faith GW can do something cool with it.

Besides if it means we get a model for him. He is the literal representation of an angel, I neeeeed it.

Fury from faith
Faith in fury

Numquam solus ambulabis 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran






Stop
With
The
Verbal
Diarrhoea
   
Made in gb
Androgynous Daemon Prince of Slaanesh





Devon, UK

NoggintheNog wrote:
The whole premise of the blood angels is a chapter that lives every day with the repercussions of the death of their primarch.

Everything about them, including the very way the chapter is organized, revolves around it.

If he is not dead, then no death company, no mephiston, no sanguinary priests, nothing.



The Red Thirst remains. The Black Rage is the result of the psychic backlash when he died. All the blood and vampire motifs have nothing to do with Sanguinius' death, or at least can continue to be justified within the context of ongoing changes.

The BA have flirted with a fall to chaos before, if it's Sanguinius that turns I'd actually quite like that.

We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't. - Frank Howard Clark

The wise man doubts often, and changes his mind; the fool is obstinate, and doubts not; he knows all things but his own ignorance.

The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense!” Professor Brian Cox

Ask me about
Barnstaple Slayers Club 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




wait isn't the Sanguiniur rumored to be Sanguinius soul?
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





This can turn out to be a really interesting concept. Yes, seriously

Lets be honest, not knowing what happens at the Battle for Terra makes the ending of the Horus Heresy - first told in a story by Bill King in White Dwarf and the Wargame series HH game if I remember correctly - an unknown event for the first time in about 25 years (1992?).

It doesnt mean Sanguinius doesnt die. There are a lot of possibilties, really cool ones too. I'm looking forward to this and what it will mean for Blood Angels in 40k


This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/05/16 20:44:06


 
   
Made in gb
Androgynous Daemon Prince of Slaanesh





Devon, UK

Ruin wrote:


Stop
With
The
Verbal
Diarrhoea


Just report it, then hopefully the mods will offer him a large dose of verbal Imodium.

We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't. - Frank Howard Clark

The wise man doubts often, and changes his mind; the fool is obstinate, and doubts not; he knows all things but his own ignorance.

The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense!” Professor Brian Cox

Ask me about
Barnstaple Slayers Club 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Connecticut

LightKing wrote:
wait isn't the Sanguiniur rumored to be Sanguinius soul?


Yes. There are lots of feasible ways for him to "return" that don't entirely "undermine" the past. Moving forward is good.

Blood Angels, Custodes, Tzeentch, Alpha Legion, Astra Militarum, Deathwatch, Thousand Sons, Imperial Knights, Tau, Genestealer Cult.

I have a problem.

Being contrary for the sake of being contrary doesn't make you unique, it makes you annoying.

 Purifier wrote:
Using your rules isn't being a dick.
 
   
Made in us
Legendary Master of the Chapter






 Cephalobeard wrote:
LightKing wrote:
wait isn't the Sanguiniur rumored to be Sanguinius soul?


Yes. There are lots of feasible ways for him to "return" that don't entirely "undermine" the past. Moving forward is good.
eldar litterally did a thing for gulliman, cant see why they wont do a thing for sanguiniouses soul which i would assume since it wasnt destroyed is with the big E. i cant wait to see some strange eldar sanguin hybrid thing.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/05/16 20:42:11


 Unit1126PLL wrote:
 Scott-S6 wrote:
And yet another thread is hijacked for Unit to ask for the same advice, receive the same answers and make the same excuses.

Oh my god I'm becoming martel.
Send help!

 
   
Made in es
Dark Angels Librarian with Book of Secrets




Vigo. Spain.

This will happen if they start to retconing Primarchs deaths.

https://youtu.be/0PlwDbSYicM?t=987

I can live with the Sanguinor being the Spirit of Sanguinus. Even reviving for X means all the Primarchs. Yeah, its scrapping the deep end of the barrel...
But retconing this?!

Spoiler:


How can they live with that?
I suppose that they aren't gonna Retcon to bring Ollanius Pius back, no?

 Crimson Devil wrote:

Dakka does have White Knights and is also rather infamous for it's Black Knights. A new edition brings out the passionate and not all of them are good at expressing themselves in written form. There have been plenty of hysterical responses from both sides so far. So we descend into pointless bickering with neither side listening to each other. So posting here becomes more masturbation than conversation.

ERJAK wrote:
Forcing a 40k player to keep playing 7th is basically a hate crime.

 
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut





This is what happens when space marine fans drink the Kool-aid. Now we have 30k MK2. I think I'm going to quit playing 40k and just go to Age of Sigmar for a few years until you either work this out or they start making super Primarch and I know the 40k I loved is dead in the gutter for a thinly veiled 30k in modern times.

This is not 40k anymore. It's not even 41k or advancing the plot. It's going backwards in time to the same 30k gak. It's only a matter of time until they make an Emperor model and chaos gods too. This setting is officially jumping the shark.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/05/16 20:43:57


 
   
Made in au
Ancient Chaos Terminator





'Straya... Mate.

I will have a read through the rumors when I can, thanks Warhams-77!

 
   
Made in gb
Androgynous Daemon Prince of Slaanesh





Devon, UK

 Gamgee wrote:
This is what happens when space marine fans drink the Kool-aid. Now we have 30k MK2. I think I'm going to quit playing 40k and just go to Age of Sigmar for a few years until you either work this out or they start making super Primarch and I know the 40k I loved is dead in the gutter for a thinly veiled 30k in modern times.


You said this weeks ago....

We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't. - Frank Howard Clark

The wise man doubts often, and changes his mind; the fool is obstinate, and doubts not; he knows all things but his own ignorance.

The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense!” Professor Brian Cox

Ask me about
Barnstaple Slayers Club 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Master Engineer with a Brace of Pistols






Bringing Sanguinius back doesn't mean undoing the effects of his death. His death happened, and it's still imprinted upon the blood angels. Maybe one of his tasks can be helping them get over it (and coming to terms with it himself).
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




Sanguiniur rumored to being Sanguinius soul is not something that came recently, its been apart of the setting for a while
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: