Switch Theme:

Age of Sigmar News & Rumors  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




 NinthMusketeer wrote:
dogfender wrote:
Wish they would leave the dead from the end times dead.
Is there any dead character that actually had a death ret-conned? Or are you referring to characters who were reforged into SCE?


I don’t count reforged because they are just a nod.

The world exploded, so really all characters that weren’t on god status should just be gone.
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut






Whether they should be gone is up for debate, but there's just no way GW will let WFB characters rot in the attic. You don't throw away a solid chunk of recognizable, unique content just because your previous management suffered from early onset of dementia.
   
Made in be
Longtime Dakkanaut





Belgium

 Manfred von Drakken wrote:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:
dogfender wrote:
Wish they would leave the dead from the end times dead.
Is there any dead character that actually had a death ret-conned? Or are you referring to characters who were reforged into SCE?


Teclis. He kinda exploded.


Last time in End Times we saw Teclis, he was with his brother's body in his arms while Ulthuan was sunk, before a gigantic wave engulfed them both.

TBH, Tyrion was already very dead at that time, and yeah, when they reused him as a fellow aelf god, it was certainly Tyrion that was the most eyebrow raising one.

The other most notorious death and not god level coming back is, without a doubt, Morathi. No matter the shenanigan about Slaanesh eating souls, there was no way Morathi would have survived after what happened to her in Endtimes. And yet she came back with more WTF powers. Because you can't leave good ol' Morathi behind.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2019/06/02 16:47:10


Cuteness for the Cute Goddess! 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Ambushing Wargor




Baltimore, Maryland

 Sarouan wrote:
 Manfred von Drakken wrote:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:
dogfender wrote:
Wish they would leave the dead from the end times dead.
Is there any dead character that actually had a death ret-conned? Or are you referring to characters who were reforged into SCE?


Teclis. He kinda exploded.


Last time in End Times we saw Teclis, he was with his brother's body in his arms while Ulthuan was sunk, before a gigantic wave engulfed them both.

TBH, Tyrion was already very dead at that time, and yeah, when they reused him as a fellow aelf god, it was certainly Tyrion that was the most eyebrow raising one.


Nope, you missed a few End Times books. They were both there at the very end, with Teclis being blown up trying to harness too much magic and Tyrion stood hand in hand with Alarielle as the rift that destroyed The World That Was engulfed them.

You’re thinking of the conclusion of End Times: Khaine.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/06/02 18:09:44


"Sometimes the only victory possible is to keep your opponent from winning." - The Emperor, from The Outcast Dead.
"Tell your gods we are coming for them, and that their realms will burn as ours did." -Thostos Bladestorm
 
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord






dogfender wrote:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:
dogfender wrote:
Wish they would leave the dead from the end times dead.
Is there any dead character that actually had a death ret-conned? Or are you referring to characters who were reforged into SCE?


I don’t count reforged because they are just a nod.

The world exploded, so really all characters that weren’t on god status should just be gone.
It didn't explode though; the chaos rifts expanded and consumed it over a period of time.

"Putting a statement in quotations makes it seem more legitimate."
--Bette R. Withname

Imagine three people with the same set of values but radically different emotional states, each of them believes their position is more valid than the other two, they all post using the same account, and your job is to make it coherent. 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Ambushing Wargor




Baltimore, Maryland

And Gotrek wasn’t anywhere on the The World That Was when it met its demise, so regardless of what happened, he’s one of the few good guys to have a “Get out of Jail Free” cards. Chaos and the Undead characters get them too, due to the nature of their situation.


"Sometimes the only victory possible is to keep your opponent from winning." - The Emperor, from The Outcast Dead.
"Tell your gods we are coming for them, and that their realms will burn as ours did." -Thostos Bladestorm
 
   
Made in us
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader




 NinthMusketeer wrote:
dogfender wrote:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:
dogfender wrote:
Wish they would leave the dead from the end times dead.
Is there any dead character that actually had a death ret-conned? Or are you referring to characters who were reforged into SCE?


I don’t count reforged because they are just a nod.

The world exploded, so really all characters that weren’t on god status should just be gone.
It didn't explode though; the chaos rifts expanded and consumed it over a period of time.


If it didn't explode, how did Sigmar surf to the new Realms on the core of purest Sigmarite?

Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord






If it did explode how did he do that?

"Putting a statement in quotations makes it seem more legitimate."
--Bette R. Withname

Imagine three people with the same set of values but radically different emotional states, each of them believes their position is more valid than the other two, they all post using the same account, and your job is to make it coherent. 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Ambushing Wargor




Baltimore, Maryland

I’ve actually been trawling the End Times books for clues to what was in Forbidden Power, so I have ET: Archaon handy:

Spoiler alert for those that don’t know WHFB was replaced by AoS. I know you’re out there!


Spoiler:
And so the mortal world fell away into oblivion.
The gnawing rift at the heart of mankind’s domain devoured reality.
Slowly it spread at first, but then with the hunger of ravening wildfire.
Invigorated, great polar rifts slipped their ancient bounds and joined their younger sibling in its feast.
The peoples of the world beheld their doom, and screamed in despair.
No two watchers beheld the same vision. Some saw skies riven with fire, some looked upon an ice-cold maelstrom of stars, some saw colossal tentacles and fanged maws that drooled the molten stuff of Chaos. Perhaps the Dark Gods raised their champions to daemonhood from the battles that raged amongst the flames. It matters little, for the truths of those hopeless wars are lost.
The Oak of Ages was swallowed last of all. Mournful dryad-song echoed under livid skies as Athel Loren perished. With its destruction, the Weave that bound time and space together thinned and stretched. Twisted by unnatural energies, it dissolved entirely into nothingness.
That terrible act of uncreation might have taken the blink of an eye, or unfolded across millennia. The Dark Gods were not fettered by the flow of time, and let it pass unmarked. Already tired of their victory, they turned away from the ruin they had wrought and began the Great Game anew in other worlds and other creations. In doing so, they paid no heed to the tiny speck of light tumbling in the infinite darkness – the glowing essence of what had once been a man.
Through the storm of nothingness he fell, adrift for aeons upon unseen tides.
Then came a glimmering orb, a fiery world-heart grown cold as the abyss.
Desperate, the figure seized upon the sphere with a grip that could shatter mountains. He stared into the void, and from the darkness, the void stared back.
The figure clung tight, marshalling his faded strength. He reached forth his hand, and a miracle took shape.
 
And what of tomorrow? What of tales yet to be told, and the cycle of the stars?
 
These were truly the End Times.
 
But they were also the beginning.


There was a ton of unused and great art in these End Times books. I wouldn’t be mad if they re-used them in new battletomes.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/06/02 20:10:48


"Sometimes the only victory possible is to keep your opponent from winning." - The Emperor, from The Outcast Dead.
"Tell your gods we are coming for them, and that their realms will burn as ours did." -Thostos Bladestorm
 
   
Made in gb
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

 nels1031 wrote:
I’ve actually been trawling the End Times books for clues to what was in Forbidden Power, so I have ET: Archaon handy:

Spoiler alert for those that don’t know WHFB was replaced by AoS. I know you’re out there!


Spoiler:
And so the mortal world fell away into oblivion.
The gnawing rift at the heart of mankind’s domain devoured reality.
Slowly it spread at first, but then with the hunger of ravening wildfire.
Invigorated, great polar rifts slipped their ancient bounds and joined their younger sibling in its feast.
The peoples of the world beheld their doom, and screamed in despair.
No two watchers beheld the same vision. Some saw skies riven with fire, some looked upon an ice-cold maelstrom of stars, some saw colossal tentacles and fanged maws that drooled the molten stuff of Chaos. Perhaps the Dark Gods raised their champions to daemonhood from the battles that raged amongst the flames. It matters little, for the truths of those hopeless wars are lost.
The Oak of Ages was swallowed last of all. Mournful dryad-song echoed under livid skies as Athel Loren perished. With its destruction, the Weave that bound time and space together thinned and stretched. Twisted by unnatural energies, it dissolved entirely into nothingness.
That terrible act of uncreation might have taken the blink of an eye, or unfolded across millennia. The Dark Gods were not fettered by the flow of time, and let it pass unmarked. Already tired of their victory, they turned away from the ruin they had wrought and began the Great Game anew in other worlds and other creations. In doing so, they paid no heed to the tiny speck of light tumbling in the infinite darkness – the glowing essence of what had once been a man.
Through the storm of nothingness he fell, adrift for aeons upon unseen tides.
Then came a glimmering orb, a fiery world-heart grown cold as the abyss.
Desperate, the figure seized upon the sphere with a grip that could shatter mountains. He stared into the void, and from the darkness, the void stared back.
The figure clung tight, marshalling his faded strength. He reached forth his hand, and a miracle took shape.
 
And what of tomorrow? What of tales yet to be told, and the cycle of the stars?
 
These were truly the End Times.
 
But they were also the beginning.


There was a ton of unused and great art in these End Times books. I wouldn’t be mad if they re-used them in new battletomes.


They have def reused art from it in the Undead battletomes

The Oak of Ages was also floating in the void...

Morathi's story is discussed in the Daughters of Khaine battletome and ties into the story of what happened to Slaanesh after the End Times.

I am really hoping they do some mroe Age of MYth stories - the Pantheon of Sigmar should have some great stories and powerplays in the same vein as the stories of the Greco-Roman Gods

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord






Oak of Ages landed in the Realm of Life, though it's a toppled dead tree now. It's in one of the old campaign books. Also it's HUGE, like the size of a mountain range.

"Putting a statement in quotations makes it seem more legitimate."
--Bette R. Withname

Imagine three people with the same set of values but radically different emotional states, each of them believes their position is more valid than the other two, they all post using the same account, and your job is to make it coherent. 
   
Made in es
Longtime Dakkanaut





A lot of salt

Possible changes of points

   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




UK

If that's accurate its a little saddening if its the main thrust of the adjustments. I've said for a long while that things ilke the DoK powerblock of 90 witches supported by hags won't be shut down by a point rise; it just makes it more of a cornerstone and the rest of the army diversity smaller as there's less points to fit things in.


Seeing a lot of rising points in general over multiple armies makes me wonder also if there isn't a better way to adjust things.

A Blog in Miniature - now featuring reviews of many new Black Library books (latest Novellas) 
   
Made in be
Raging Rat Ogre






 Overread wrote:
If that's accurate its a little saddening if its the main thrust of the adjustments. I've said for a long while that things ilke the DoK powerblock of 90 witches supported by hags won't be shut down by a point rise; it just makes it more of a cornerstone and the rest of the army diversity smaller as there's less points to fit things in.


Seeing a lot of rising points in general over multiple armies makes me wonder also if there isn't a better way to adjust things.


Not saying this is true.

But I like the fact that the AoS team dares to just increase points costs, rather than the constant points reductions seen in 40k... decreasing most things in points costs has just increased the game size in a way.

The boy, I say, the boy is as sharp as a sack of wet mice... 
   
Made in us
Jovial Plaguebearer of Nurgle





Albany, NY

 Overread wrote:
If that's accurate its a little saddening if its the main thrust of the adjustments. I've said for a long while that things ilke the DoK powerblock of 90 witches supported by hags won't be shut down by a point rise; it just makes it more of a cornerstone and the rest of the army diversity smaller as there's less points to fit things in.


Seeing a lot of rising points in general over multiple armies makes me wonder also if there isn't a better way to adjust things.


I'll be very happy if those are accurate. I've got Nurgle, BoC Nurgle-themed, a big stash of starter set Stormcasts for a rainy day, and just bought the first bits of a Troggherd. I'm seeing points drops on almost all of that, especially keen on the major drop to the BoC god battalions and the Troggboss.

   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




UK

 Elmir wrote:
 Overread wrote:
If that's accurate its a little saddening if its the main thrust of the adjustments. I've said for a long while that things ilke the DoK powerblock of 90 witches supported by hags won't be shut down by a point rise; it just makes it more of a cornerstone and the rest of the army diversity smaller as there's less points to fit things in.


Seeing a lot of rising points in general over multiple armies makes me wonder also if there isn't a better way to adjust things.


Not saying this is true.

But I like the fact that the AoS team dares to just increase points costs, rather than the constant points reductions seen in 40k... decreasing most things in points costs has just increased the game size in a way.


comparing like for like most of the AoS armies have much higher point values across the board compared to 40K. I figure that GW has pitched AoS for slightly smaller armies overall to make entry into it easier since form their point of view its a new game. I'd expect over time to see the point costs come down or the default point value for games rise. Therefore letting players take more things on the table.

It's basically what happens with most wargames; as the army diversity increases the number of options on the table increases and thus the number of models required goes up. 40K suffers this more becaus they've more broken down divisions of units with artillery, air, super heavy, etc...

A Blog in Miniature - now featuring reviews of many new Black Library books (latest Novellas) 
   
Made in us
Androgynous Daemon Prince of Slaanesh





Norwalk, Connecticut

Honestly, I expected the Cogs spell to go up. It’s just too damn good at this point, having a dual-role ability (more spells or more speed) and things like DoT or HoS can make use of it to brutal efficiency. It’s not quite as auto-include as the old Balewind Vortex was, but it’s close.
And yeah, seeing the changes to Maggotkin, I definitely feel the need to get a 2k army of them going. It also shows me how badly I need more marauders of Chaos. Glottkin became an auto-include if those points are accurate. Along with at least one 40-model unit of Marauders. If that isn’t THE anvil setup for the army, I don’t know what is. I know how broken my Slaanesh book is, and that is one of two things I know I can’t shift in a single turn (Morathi being the second thing).
Looking forward to this book coming out. I’ll pick up a hard copy on release day for sure.

Reality is a nice place to visit, but I'd hate to live there.

Manchu wrote:I'm a Catholic. We eat our God.


Due to work, I can usually only ship any sales or trades out on Saturday morning. Please trade/purchase with this in mind.  
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block




If true the glottkin dropping in points is nice, I would have preferred if they had just bumped ghurrk to hitting on 3s, when your arm is the size of a tree, you have to actively be trying to miss.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/06/05 16:03:47


 curran12 wrote:
I have a feeling that GW could include a free puppy and handjob with a new codex release and people would find some way to whine about that as well. 
   
Made in us
Stone Bonkers Fabricator General






Home Base: Waconia, MN (Minneapolis)

If those are right every single army I play got cheaper....Which feels like it's not a good thing. Guess we'll see.

Best Painted (2015 Adepticon 40k Champs)

They Shall Know Fear - Adepticon 40k TT Champion (2012 & 2013) & 40k TT Best Sport (2014), 40k TT Best Tactician (2015 & 2016) 
   
Made in si
Steady Stonecleaver







Considering these have some weird random changes and changes to very recent books, combined with the fact that some people are actively trolling the AoS community with fake news, I'm going to say... fake news.

Posters on ignore list: 33

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Seems reasonable. Just the right mix of expected changes and obvious misses to probably be real. Maybe Ironjawz will finally be efficient enough to work?
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord






Too much salt for me to really take seriously--it could be real, could also be completely made-up. I'll wait for further confirmation/data before forming an opinion.

"Putting a statement in quotations makes it seem more legitimate."
--Bette R. Withname

Imagine three people with the same set of values but radically different emotional states, each of them believes their position is more valid than the other two, they all post using the same account, and your job is to make it coherent. 
   
Made in ca
[DCM]
The World Killer.




The best State-Texas

I would really like to believe this, but the fact that Fyreslayers are included make me doubt it pretty hard. The Fyreslayers just released in April. I highly doubt there was enough time to fit those changes in there. Unless the new method of softback printing, but even then, with distribution times I find it unlikely.


4000+
6000+ Order. Unity. Obedience.
Thousand Sons 4000+ 
   
Made in si
Steady Stonecleaver







 Sasori wrote:
I would really like to believe this, but the fact that Fyreslayers are included make me doubt it pretty hard. The Fyreslayers just released in April. I highly doubt there was enough time to fit those changes in there. Unless the new method of softback printing, but even then, with distribution times I find it unlikely.


Plus why would they start changing points as soon as the tome is out before seeing any tournament results. I wouldn't even expect Skaven and FEC fixes this year.

Posters on ignore list: 33

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

 Sasori wrote:
I would really like to believe this, but the fact that Fyreslayers are included make me doubt it pretty hard. The Fyreslayers just released in April. I highly doubt there was enough time to fit those changes in there. Unless the new method of softback printing, but even then, with distribution times I find it unlikely.

Idoneth had a section in the last GHB.

It was FAQ'd to "ignore this" but still.
   
Made in us
Auspicious Aspiring Champion of Chaos





Yep books are finished well in advance of being published.

GW points don't bring balance. They exist purely for structure. You can get more balance from no points than you do from GW points. You however can get no structure in your game without points. 
   
Made in us
Androgynous Daemon Prince of Slaanesh





Norwalk, Connecticut

I’d say there’s about a 0.000001% chance of anything Slaanesh related being point adjusted. GHB was already at the printers before HoS came out. So...I’m good

Reality is a nice place to visit, but I'd hate to live there.

Manchu wrote:I'm a Catholic. We eat our God.


Due to work, I can usually only ship any sales or trades out on Saturday morning. Please trade/purchase with this in mind.  
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

 timetowaste85 wrote:
I’d say there’s about a 0.000001% chance of anything Slaanesh related being point adjusted. GHB was already at the printers before HoS came out. So...I’m good

There's no mention of Slaanesh in the leaked picture--which is what the hubbub is about since Fyreslayers are in there.
   
Made in nl
[MOD]
Indomitable Hell Rider of Glorious Renown






102nd Expeditionary Fleet

Apologies if already posted before:




edit.

Video removed by GW, it was the upcoming General's Handbook designer notes featuring Jes and Jervis.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/06/09 18:26:40


Of Knights & Nobles - a P&M blog about Knights, nobles and some things in between

Be ash and cinder forevermore!

V - 11 | T - 3 | 敗 - 40

DakkaDakka | Where you thank the mods for baning you! 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Unavailable video.

   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: