Switch Theme:

Heresy/30k - News & Rumours - Sons of Horus Praetor - Pg44  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps





Warwickscire

grahamdbailey wrote:
I think GW have missed a trick by giving Cataphractii in this set, rather than releasing a decent set of Saturnine Terminators, although who knows, they may yet make an appearance?


Maybe one day...

   
Made in us
Snord






I think it's very interesting that GW hasn't acknowledged this huge leak, when doing so seems to have be their more recent response to leaks.

That makes me think that it's probably the next "big" release after the new sigmar set and they don't want to take any attention away from that until they have all their launch sales locked in.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 zedmeister wrote:
grahamdbailey wrote:
I think GW have missed a trick by giving Cataphractii in this set, rather than releasing a decent set of Saturnine Terminators, although who knows, they may yet make an appearance?


Maybe one day...



These guys do some great saturnine armour:
https://tortuga-gamestable.top/index.php?route=product/product&path=223&product_id=3235

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/06/14 15:04:42


 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 jojo_monkey_boy wrote:
I think it's very interesting that GW hasn't acknowledged this huge leak, when doing so seems to have be their more recent response to leaks.

That makes me think that it's probably the next "big" release after the new sigmar set and they don't want to take any attention away from that until they have all their launch sales locked in.

Also possible that they just don't have the material ready to really talk about it yet.
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

 Kanluwen wrote:
 jojo_monkey_boy wrote:
I think it's very interesting that GW hasn't acknowledged this huge leak, when doing so seems to have be their more recent response to leaks.

That makes me think that it's probably the next "big" release after the new sigmar set and they don't want to take any attention away from that until they have all their launch sales locked in.

Also possible that they just don't have the material ready to really talk about it yet.


It might be for once be an actual leak, not something GW themselves put out to bring up a bit of hype.

Games Workshop are not your friends. They are not a small dev trying their best. They are a multibillion dollar company making calculated decisions about how many costs they can cut, how lazy they can be about relases, and how much they can paywall. They will do it again. Stop giving them money for this. 
   
Made in gb
Arch Magos w/ 4 Meg of RAM




United Kingdom

 jojo_monkey_boy wrote:
I think it's very interesting that GW hasn't acknowledged this huge leak, when doing so seems to have be their more recent response to leaks.

They just acknowledged the new Ork Boyz leak today, so give it a few more days...
   
Made in us
Snord






 Kanluwen wrote:
 jojo_monkey_boy wrote:
I think it's very interesting that GW hasn't acknowledged this huge leak, when doing so seems to have be their more recent response to leaks.

That makes me think that it's probably the next "big" release after the new sigmar set and they don't want to take any attention away from that until they have all their launch sales locked in.

Also possible that they just don't have the material ready to really talk about it yet.


That seems unlikely when the leaks in question appear to be of production photos of the models. GW works years ahead on their releases, so given that we're seeing captures of painted eavy metal in production shots, your assertion seems unlikely.

I think this is just down to marketing and making sure people buy the hit of the current plastic crack the company is peddling before they get distracted by the next big thing.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






beast_gts wrote:
 jojo_monkey_boy wrote:
I think it's very interesting that GW hasn't acknowledged this huge leak, when doing so seems to have be their more recent response to leaks.

They just acknowledged the new Ork Boyz leak today, so give it a few more days...


The Ork boyz weren't really a leak, they were on the art of the Gaunts ghosts box up for preorder and probably given out for unboxing vids already.
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps





Warwickscire

 jojo_monkey_boy wrote:
I think this is just down to marketing and making sure people buy the hit of the current plastic crack the company is peddling before they get distracted by the next big thing.


Most likely. There's probably some marketing droid fuming that this has been leaked and, in his view, threatening to kneecap the Dominion launch and are currently in a bind on whether to confirm or ignore the leak...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/06/14 15:25:17


 
   
Made in fi
Purposeful Hammerhead Pilot






Thats a legit new beakie kit, those legs are not available in the current beakie range. I should know, I've gone theough every single Corvus armoured bit in the GW & FW catalog.

Loving the new proportions! These look awesome.

Guess it's time to put this army build on hold for now.. Sheesh, I wonder how much of this stuff will be redundant now

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/794269.page

But can't complain really.. I've wished for Corvus plastic kits for decades and these will surpass my expectations!
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






grahamdbailey wrote:
I think GW have missed a trick by giving Cataphractii in this set, rather than releasing a decent set of Saturnine Terminators, although who knows, they may yet make an appearance?


With a Spartan and hopefully a proper contemptor kit, I can forgive them reusing one set of sprues for the cats.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 zedmeister wrote:
 jojo_monkey_boy wrote:
I think this is just down to marketing and making sure people buy the hit of the current plastic crack the company is peddling before they get distracted by the next big thing.


Most likely. There's probably some marketing droid fuming that this has been leaked and, in his view, threatening to kneecap the Dominion launch and are currently in a bind on whether to confirm or ignore the leak...


From the pictures, I wonder if the leaks are from an upcoming white dwarf article? They just have that feel to the composition

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/06/14 15:29:04


 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

grahamdbailey wrote:
I think GW have missed a trick by giving Cataphractii in this set, rather than releasing a decent set of Saturnine Terminators, although who knows, they may yet make an appearance?
I thought the same thing.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps





Warwickscire

Whitehot on Bolter and Chainsword has joined the images up:

   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

jojo_monkey_boy wrote:That seems unlikely when the leaks in question appear to be of production photos of the models. GW works years ahead on their releases, so given that we're seeing captures of painted eavy metal in production shots, your assertion seems unlikely.

I think this is just down to marketing and making sure people buy the hit of the current plastic crack the company is peddling before they get distracted by the next big thing.
The leaks look to be from the back of a box or promo material that might have been sent out to distributors(which we've seen before as leaks around this time of year, gauging interest in the Christmas scenery bundles and the like) rather than actual photos of the models. Note that the photos all showed the models fully painted and on a table. No sprue shots, no unbuilt shots, nothing that shows the individual models well.

Spoiler:


If you look at that top photo? There's a smidge of text floating onto it that seems to say "not included" and a border around the image that looks to be from the back of a boxed set.

It all, IMO, just seems to be from a convenient product photo rather than someone actually having a box in hand to take pictures of it or the contents.

Okay, so it's the same as Indomitus' back of box saying "Scenery not included"...just seems to be on the opposite side of the box!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/06/14 15:34:46


 
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

 Kanluwen wrote:
jojo_monkey_boy wrote:That seems unlikely when the leaks in question appear to be of production photos of the models. GW works years ahead on their releases, so given that we're seeing captures of painted eavy metal in production shots, your assertion seems unlikely.

I think this is just down to marketing and making sure people buy the hit of the current plastic crack the company is peddling before they get distracted by the next big thing.
The leaks look to be from the back of a box or promo material that might have been sent out to distributors(which we've seen before as leaks around this time of year, gauging interest in the Christmas scenery bundles and the like) rather than actual photos of the models. Note that the photos all showed the models fully painted and on a table. No sprue shots, no unbuilt shots, nothing that shows the individual models well.

Spoiler:


If you look at that top photo? There's a smidge of text floating onto it that seems to say "not included" and a border around the image that looks to be from the back of a boxed set.

It all, IMO, just seems to be from a convenient product photo rather than someone actually having a box in hand to take pictures of it or the contents.


But you understand that Games Workshop must have taken those photos in order to get them on the back of a box, right? They have the photos to show properly if they wanted to address the leak yet, because those photos didn’t just materialise on the back of a box somewhere.
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 ImAGeek wrote:

But you understand that Games Workshop must have taken those photos in order to get them on the back of a box, right? They have the photos to show properly if they wanted to address the leak yet, because those photos didn’t just materialise on the back of a box somewhere.

I'm aware of how photographs work, yes.

But rarely do we just get them throwing a photo out at us in reply to "leaks" for things that might be months out. When the Hurakan Windchargers' box photos got leaked, they could have just posted those photos from the promo shots...but they made a lil' video to showcase them in a 360 view and also threw in a preview of the Lord-Regent as well.

I wouldn't be shocked if we get something about this leak in the next few days, but it likely is to be a Big Deal.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/06/14 15:39:09


 
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

 Kanluwen wrote:
 ImAGeek wrote:

But you understand that Games Workshop must have taken those photos in order to get them on the back of a box, right? They have the photos to show properly if they wanted to address the leak yet, because those photos didn’t just materialise on the back of a box somewhere.

I'm aware of how photographs work, yes.

But rarely do we just get them throwing a photo out at us. When the Hurakan Windchargers' box got leaked, they could have just posted those photos...but they made a lil' video to showcase them in a 360 view and also threw in a preview of the Lord-Regent as well.


Yeah, and it was put together in like a day. If they wanted to address this yet, they would. They’re likely waiting for Dominion to be out of the way, to avoid taking the focus off of that.
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps





Warwickscire

Well, this box set is going to be expensive. Using existing model prices as a guide:

Contemptor - £35
4x MkIV/MkIII - £120
2x Cataphractii - £80
Heros - £30
Most expensive Land Raider (subbing in for a spartan) - £60

Leaving us, at minimum (unlikely), £325 worth of models. Anyone got an idea on how that compares to Indomitus?
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





GW really hasn't been as consistent with addressing leaks as they used to. Remember when the new land speeders leaked? They never showed them off, not even during actual preview days. We had to wait forever before we got confirmation.

They also waited until today to reveal the new ork boy, and even then, that was just a little peak they squeezed into the article about the Beastsnagga named character. Also, like others have said, they don't want to take focus off of Dominion just yet.
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 ImAGeek wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
 ImAGeek wrote:

But you understand that Games Workshop must have taken those photos in order to get them on the back of a box, right? They have the photos to show properly if they wanted to address the leak yet, because those photos didn’t just materialise on the back of a box somewhere.

I'm aware of how photographs work, yes.

But rarely do we just get them throwing a photo out at us. When the Hurakan Windchargers' box got leaked, they could have just posted those photos...but they made a lil' video to showcase them in a 360 view and also threw in a preview of the Lord-Regent as well.


Yeah, and it was put together in like a day. If they wanted to address this yet, they would. They’re likely waiting for Dominion to be out of the way, to avoid taking the focus off of that.

The Hurakan were slated to be revealed at a Warhammer preview that weekend.

This is very, very, very unlikely to be the same situation.
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

 Kanluwen wrote:
 ImAGeek wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
 ImAGeek wrote:

But you understand that Games Workshop must have taken those photos in order to get them on the back of a box, right? They have the photos to show properly if they wanted to address the leak yet, because those photos didn’t just materialise on the back of a box somewhere.

I'm aware of how photographs work, yes.

But rarely do we just get them throwing a photo out at us. When the Hurakan Windchargers' box got leaked, they could have just posted those photos...but they made a lil' video to showcase them in a 360 view and also threw in a preview of the Lord-Regent as well.


Yeah, and it was put together in like a day. If they wanted to address this yet, they would. They’re likely waiting for Dominion to be out of the way, to avoid taking the focus off of that.

The Hurakan were slated to be revealed at a Warhammer preview that weekend.

This is very, very, very unlikely to be the same situation.


They did a video just for the Lumineth models that had leaked, so they must have put it together quickly in response to the leak.
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 ImAGeek wrote:

They did a video just for the Lumineth models that had leaked, so they must have put it together quickly in response to the leak.

That leak happened on a weekday, not the weekend.

At this point, it's best that we both just accept that we aren't going to see eye and eye on this. If they want to respond to it? They will. If they don't, they won't.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/06/14 16:02:11


 
   
Made in us
Pragmatic Primus Commanding Cult Forces






Southeastern PA, USA

 zedmeister wrote:
Well, this box set is going to be expensive. Using existing model prices as a guide:

Contemptor - £35
4x MkIV/MkIII - £120
2x Cataphractii - £80
Heros - £30
Most expensive Land Raider (subbing in for a spartan) - £60

Leaving us, at minimum (unlikely), £325 worth of models. Anyone got an idea on how that compares to Indomitus?


That’s why I’m skeptical about the Spartan being in the box.

My AT Gallery
My World Eaters Showcase
View my Genestealer Cult! Article - Gallery - Blog
Best Appearance - GW Baltimore GT 2008, Colonial GT 2012

DQ:70+S++++G+M++++B++I+Pw40k90#+D++A+++/fWD66R++T(Ot)DM+++

 
   
Made in fi
Purposeful Hammerhead Pilot






I was thinking that other than for the few HQs in the new box, what exactly prevents one from using all of the models in the box for a single legion/army? Most of the iconography looks decal-based so should be easy to pull off.

That's what I'm going to be doing at least.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/06/14 16:03:28


 
   
Made in us
Stealthy Grot Snipa





Atlanta, GA

 zedmeister wrote:
Well, this box set is going to be expensive. Using existing model prices as a guide:

Contemptor - £35
4x MkIV/MkIII - £120
2x Cataphractii - £80
Heros - £30
Most expensive Land Raider (subbing in for a spartan) - £60

Leaving us, at minimum (unlikely), £325 worth of models. Anyone got an idea on how that compares to Indomitus?


I think you have one too many Mk6 and one too many Cataphractii sets in there. I think it's 30 marines and 5 terminators.

That said, I expect this to fall somewhere around Necromunda: Dark Uprising prices, which IIRC was $290usd. That's expensive, but at that price you're still getting a good amount of "freebies" included. And let's be honest, this is going to SELL. The plastic Spartan alone guarantees sales.
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps





Warwickscire

Also, of note, is the terrain appears to be scratch built. At least, I don't recognise the rocks and game board appears to be textured and not a realm of battles board...


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Mr. Grey wrote:
I think you have one too many Mk6 and one too many Cataphractii sets in there. I think it's 30 marines and 5 terminators.


Basing my numbers on the assumption that the composite image above is from the back of the box. You can just about count 40 Mk VI and 10 Cataphractii...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/06/14 16:05:40


 
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

 tauist wrote:
I was thinking that other than for the few HQs in the new box, what exactly prevents one from using all of the models in the box for a single legion/army? Most of the iconography looks decal-based so should be easy to pull off.

That's what I'm going to be doing at least.



The characters will probably be generic as well, nothing about them from the (admittedly bad) photo looks particularly legion-specific. Everything else will be generic too, yeah.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 gorgon wrote:
 zedmeister wrote:
Well, this box set is going to be expensive. Using existing model prices as a guide:

Contemptor - £35
4x MkIV/MkIII - £120
2x Cataphractii - £80
Heros - £30
Most expensive Land Raider (subbing in for a spartan) - £60

Leaving us, at minimum (unlikely), £325 worth of models. Anyone got an idea on how that compares to Indomitus?


That’s why I’m skeptical about the Spartan being in the box.


I think it is, based on the fact that the photo specifies that the terrain isn’t included, but doesn’t mention the Spartan. If it is the back of a box or some other kind of contents photo as it seems to be, I doubt there’d be models there that aren’t included.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/06/14 16:12:42


 
   
Made in gb
Tunneling Trygon






 Kanluwen wrote:
 jojo_monkey_boy wrote:
I think it's very interesting that GW hasn't acknowledged this huge leak, when doing so seems to have be their more recent response to leaks.

That makes me think that it's probably the next "big" release after the new sigmar set and they don't want to take any attention away from that until they have all their launch sales locked in.

Also possible that they just don't have the material ready to really talk about it yet.


It really depends when the release date is planned for, and how confident GW are of meeting it. We had similar pics for the some of the Indomitus models 6+ months ahead of release and GW didn't say a word about it, same with Mortarion.

A lot of recent leaks have been fairly close to the intended announcement, so they often had marketing photos or videos lined up already. If this set isn't due until next year then that probably won't be done yet, and I wouldn't expect to see any confirmation from GW for a while.
   
Made in gb
Ship's Officer



London

It took them a few days to properly reveal the new Ork boyz leak. I imagine they weren't planning to show this lot any time soon and now they're trying to figure out what to do. They'll be particularly annoyed that it's landing while they want us all to be buying the new AoS box, not saving our pennies for 30k.

I'd expect to see a MkVI guy on WHC some time this week with an announcement that this is coming, but not soon. And I doubt it'll actually be released soon. For some reason this makes me remember that stormspeeder photo leak that appeared a loooong time before we actually got the model.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 ImAGeek wrote:
 tauist wrote:
I was thinking that other than for the few HQs in the new box, what exactly prevents one from using all of the models in the box for a single legion/army? Most of the iconography looks decal-based so should be easy to pull off.

That's what I'm going to be doing at least.



The characters will probably be generic as well, nothing about them from the (admittedly bad) photo looks particularly legion-specific. Everything else will be generic too, yeah.


This. In the past, we've only had legion specific characters in one set (though, I guess we've only had two sets total), and that's because it was Ahirman and Not-Bjorn during the Burning of Prospero. There's a pretty decent chance the lords will also just be generic captains, so you can use everything in one army. Heck, if you look closely, one of the Sons of Horus marines has an aquila icon dangling off his bolter.
   
Made in us
Is 'Eavy Metal Calling?





Affton, MO. USA

If this is tabletop and not a map/tile game I will probably be in. Mark VI is not my favorite, but I think I can manage.

Also I could see them put the tank in if it isn’t a tile based game as they can control the plastic costs so much better than they can control the printing and shipping of cardboard supplies.

LOL, Theo your mind is an amazing place, never change.-camkierhi 9/19/13
I cant believe theo is right.. damn. -comradepanda 9/26/13
None of the strange ideas we had about you involved your sexual orientation..........-Monkeytroll 12/10/13

I'd put you on ignore for that comment, if I could...Alpharius 2/11/14 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: