Switch Theme:

[Adepta Sororitas] Last Chance till Oct 18, box preview pg 98  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in fr
Hallowed Canoness





That's an interesting interpretation Baron.


(Text don't carry tone very well but that isn't sarcastic or anything, don't read it that way !)

Feminism is good. Racism is bad.
Sabbat-pattern helmets best helmets.
If you believe that marines aren't powerful enough on the tabletop to match the fluff, remember that Custodes got rules but Planetary Defense Force don't.
Not buying a product does not work against Marxists. They cite "white males are bad, and are just sexist women haters that live in the basement and move on with their day." They do not care about profits only to acquire more vehicles to infect their politics into.”, ThatMG on Karl Marx's influence on the Russian revolution, 2019 
   
Made in us
Lord Commander in a Plush Chair





Seneca Nation of Indians

 Hybrid Son Of Oxayotl wrote:
That's an interesting interpretation Baron.


Voice of experience.


This sig was deemed too political for Dakka.
Meanwhile, Cato Sicarius is appearing on Alex Jones.
 
   
Made in fr
Hallowed Canoness





Do you mean that you saw it happen? For real?
That's a story I'd like to hear about .

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/09/08 10:21:01


Feminism is good. Racism is bad.
Sabbat-pattern helmets best helmets.
If you believe that marines aren't powerful enough on the tabletop to match the fluff, remember that Custodes got rules but Planetary Defense Force don't.
Not buying a product does not work against Marxists. They cite "white males are bad, and are just sexist women haters that live in the basement and move on with their day." They do not care about profits only to acquire more vehicles to infect their politics into.”, ThatMG on Karl Marx's influence on the Russian revolution, 2019 
   
Made in us
Lord Commander in a Plush Chair





Seneca Nation of Indians

 Hybrid Son Of Oxayotl wrote:
Do you mean that you saw it happen? For real?
That's a story I'd like to hear about .


LOL no but I've done something similar myself. The fact that all the women with Primaris marine heads are all together in a group sort of gives it away that the artist had started at that point, and then worked their way around it. Which is how you can tell it was done during the cartoon stage of the painting. Typically you'd rough in the poses and then do faces on the figures you're focusing on.

The issue is that most human women would not look that way unless they took something like somatotropin for a long time or in really high amounts (yes, my hobbyhorse about actually creating super-humans again), but then they wouldn't be the same size as the other SOB in the painting. But Space Marine heads do have that super wide heavy square jawed look for obvious reasons.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/09/08 14:03:15



This sig was deemed too political for Dakka.
Meanwhile, Cato Sicarius is appearing on Alex Jones.
 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut






 BaronIveagh wrote:
 Hybrid Son Of Oxayotl wrote:
Do you mean that you saw it happen? For real?
That's a story I'd like to hear about .


LOL no but I've done something similar myself. The fact that all the women with Primaris marine heads are all together in a group sort of gives it away that the artist had started at that point, and then worked their way around it. Which is how you can tell it was done during the cartoon stage of the painting. Typically you'd rough in the poses and then do faces on the figures you're focusing on.

The issue is that most human women would not look that way unless they took something like somatotropin for a long time or in really high amounts (yes, my hobbyhorse about actually creating super-humans again), but then they wouldn't be the same size as the other SOB in the painting. But Space Marine heads do have that super wide heavy square jawed look for obvious reasons.


There's a very 40k bit of fluff lurking behind that story, what happens if there are not enough female orphans/recruits and you really need reinforcements?
Well what would a cynical amoral organisation like the church do well I guess you take those very loyal fanatical male want to be recruits/orphans and a quick involuntary nip tuck later you have some very angry SoB who would actual look like some of the models and depictions of SoB.
It would also explain the high instances of psychological damage that results in repentia and the mass psychosis of the miracles etc.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/09/09 16:09:37


Your last point is especially laughable and comical, because not only the 7th ed Valkyrie shown dumber things (like being able to throw the troopers without parachutes out of its hatches, no harm done) - Irbis 
   
Made in us
Missionary On A Mission






In the unlikely event of female orphans being available to enter training (long before they are available to take the field) I think the Imperium would have no problem "volunteering" whatever requirement they need to fill their quota without stepping in to the notion of sending men to join the Sororitas.

Sisters of Battle
Genestealer Cults
Daemons lots of Daemons
Daughters of Khaine
Bretonnians

 
   
Made in us
Da Head Honcho Boss Grot





 NivlacSupreme wrote:
Spoiler:
the_scotsman wrote:
 Crimson wrote:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Past performance is no guarantee of future results.

GW changes horses mid-race so often that them doing one thing in no way ensures that they'll do the same thing next time.

Anyway, as I said, the simplest solution is often the right one. These are far more likely to just be the regular models than anything else.

If we are trying to gauge what is likely, past behaviour is indeed a decent indicator. But the biggest reason to think that they might be monopose is that they kinda look like it.


Let's count, what are the last few model releases that have followed the pattern of "Army box with monopose version of full kit, full kit released later?"

Shadowspear (Brand new chaos, Phobos SM. Also worth noting this box followed the exact same pattern of having duplicate poses in many of the units like CSMs, Eliminators and Suppressors which are not duplicates in the full kits)
Dark Imperium (Starter box, no duplicate poses IIRC)
Deathwatch: Overkill (standalone board game, but it did follow the same identical pattern except that the monopose deathwatch were later made into a kit you could buy.)

The last army they released without this pattern was Admech, in early 7th edition.

Major Releases not following this pattern:

Ork Speed Freeks stuff (Speed Freeks box was 2 of the full kits, and 2 existing ork biker kits)
The wave of assorted nid stuff we got mid 7th? That was just kits, there was no box set.
Thousand Sons, again released without a box set.
Admech/Harlequins/other pre-7th ed army releases.

I don't think it's any kind of crazy to assume that Sisters of Battle will follow the release pattern of the last four major wave releases and will not be a Necromunda-style duplicate single-sprue in one box kit situation considering CSMs were not.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
 Crimson wrote:
... But the biggest reason to think that they might be monopose is that they kinda look like it.
Like most things GW have been releasing recently.


MPPK monopose is not usually "literally just one possible pose" however. in the newest GW kits you almost always see models that can only be assembled 2-3 ways, rather than true single pose. You see this with stuff like the new Sigmar kits (I just assembled a bunch of Namarti Reavers and I got the new GSC Aberrants, both of which are dated to that year rather than older kits released later) and they all had multiple sets of arms dedicated to each torso+Legs so you could make 2 different possible figures for each model, and then they had freely swappable heads.


I’d call Deathwatch a borderline case. The monopose ones were all named characters.


Which is a really convenient way to release an army by putting out a bunch of monopose models and then replacing them with a MPPK later, as is currently the standard GW business model for new armies.

You can also go the Ork route: Release a box set with monopose models and then just make the whole release monopose with no options in any of the kits.
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




"If the Sororitas Rhino looks this good, just imagine how awesome the new Immolator and Exorcist miniatures will be…"


Automatically Appended Next Post:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/09/16 14:25:24


 
   
Made in jp
Regular Dakkanaut






The new Battle Sister Bulletin is up on the Warhammer Community site. This time, Rhinos (and confirmation of a new Exorcist and Immolator).
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/16/battle-sister-bulletin-part-16-your-first-painted-vehiclesgw-homepage-post-3/


The article mentions a Sororitas "upgrade frame", which implies that the current Rhino base kit isn't going to get phased out any time soon.

(Edit: Ninjaaaa'd )

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/09/16 14:51:12


   
Made in nl
Hardened Veteran Guardsman





Segmentum Solar

GaroRobe wrote:
"If the Sororitas Rhino looks this good, just imagine how awesome the new Immolator and Exorcist miniatures will be…"


Automatically Appended Next Post:

The article is talking about an upgrade frame, which seems to imply that it's the old Rhino kit combined with a "SOB Vehicle upgrade sprue", then? Ignoring the obvious bits and bobs the kit seems identical to the current Rhino except for the front glacis and the top and side doors.
   
Made in ca
Been Around the Block




We better still be getting the deimos pattern rhino too
   
Made in be
Longtime Dakkanaut





Belgium

Yes, I'm waiting for the "real" sister vehicles to be revealed. It's nice to have a specific sister Rhino upgrade kit, but I did that with the old Immolator upgrade sprue in the past. A Rhino is still a Rhino, after all. I have good faith for the Exorcist and Immolator, if the Rhino upgrade sprue is already giving that ornated feeling.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/09/16 14:39:19


Cuteness for the Cute Goddess! 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





Wait, that's it?

The old previews suggested a new demios style kit but this is just an iconography pack.

Why in the hell is GW replacing a distinctive existing plastic conversion sprue with something that looks like it was ordered from a 3rd party ebay site five years ago?
   
Made in be
Longtime Dakkanaut





Belgium

A.T. wrote:


Why in the hell is GW replacing a distinctive existing plastic conversion sprue with something that looks like it was ordered from a 3rd party ebay site five years ago?


Because that's what they always did with all Rhino based vehicles ? Old plastic Immolator was not an exception.

Like HBMC said, simple answer is often the most likely answer.

Cuteness for the Cute Goddess! 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





 Sarouan wrote:
Because that's what they always did with all Rhino based vehicles ?
You'll have to provide examples.
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User






I was hoping the preview would show the deimos-pattern styled rhino they were working on.
   
Made in de
Poisonous Tomb Scorpion






I like the normal Rhino, so a Rhino with a couple of extra Sororitas bits works fine for me.

Still, I always liked the raised top part. Shame if that won't be there anymore.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





A.T. wrote:
Wait, that's it?

The old previews suggested a new demios style kit but this is just an iconography pack.

Why in the hell is GW replacing a distinctive existing plastic conversion sprue with something that looks like it was ordered from a 3rd party ebay site five years ago?

on the official 40k facebook page that said it will be for the immolator and exorcist. I just hope you can use those without to much trouble as rhinos

 
   
Made in fi
Chaplain with Hate to Spare






What? This is it? But they showed Deimos bits earlier... what happened to those?

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane. 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Agile Revenant Titan





London, UK

Cool upgrade, glad to see the rhino chassis isn't getting removed, it makes mechanised lists somewhat affordable for other armies.

5000 Fir Farillecassion Eldar W/L/D 4th Ed Codex - 14/7/1 6th Ed Codex - 9/1/0 7th Ed Codex - 4/1/1 8th Ed Codex - 10/4/2
2000 Hive Fleet Zenith
Excavating eBay: My blog of eBay finds and the pile of shame!
Instagram, follow if you dare!
 
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

 Crimson wrote:
What? This is it? But they showed Deimos bits earlier... what happened to those?

I'm guessing they just aren't showing them off?

There is a mention of "just imagine how cool the new Immolator and Exorcists will look..." in the article.
   
Made in de
Poisonous Tomb Scorpion






terry wrote:
A.T. wrote:
Wait, that's it?

The old previews suggested a new demios style kit but this is just an iconography pack.

Why in the hell is GW replacing a distinctive existing plastic conversion sprue with something that looks like it was ordered from a 3rd party ebay site five years ago?

on the official 40k facebook page that said it will be for the immolator and exorcist. I just hope you can use those without to much trouble as rhinos


"Trouble" won't likely be the issue. Between the Immolator and the Exorcist you'll probably have all the parts you need for a flat, closed Rhino top. The kit will just come at the price of a main battle tank instead of a dedicated transport, and looking at the new Mechanicus one that's going to be more than you pay for a Land Raider.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





terry wrote:
on the official 40k facebook page that said it will be for the immolator and exorcist. I just hope you can use those without to much trouble as rhinos
I can't help but think this upgrade kit would have been perfect for the ecclesiarchy rhinos, used by priests and battle conclaves. Except they've gone all-in on the fluer roof.
Perhaps it'll be a double sided roof and the vehicle will be redeemed.

As it stands it looks like one of the old half-sprure kits you got with releases like the 4e templars. No mk3 roof means it doesn't sit well with the old models, no mk1 sides means it doesn't fit well with the forgeworld/previewed demios...

I guess the flat roof would make it ideal for repressor kits though.
   
Made in fi
Chaplain with Hate to Spare






 Kanluwen wrote:
 Crimson wrote:
What? This is it? But they showed Deimos bits earlier... what happened to those?

I'm guessing they just aren't showing them off?

There is a mention of "just imagine how cool the new Immolator and Exorcists will look..." in the article.
But if they have made a full dedicated Deimos hull for Immolator and Exorcist why not use it for the Rhino as well?

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane. 
   
Made in fi
Regular Dakkanaut



Vihti, Finland

 Crimson wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
 Crimson wrote:
What? This is it? But they showed Deimos bits earlier... what happened to those?

I'm guessing they just aren't showing them off?

There is a mention of "just imagine how cool the new Immolator and Exorcists will look..." in the article.
But if they have made a full dedicated Deimos hull for Immolator and Exorcist why not use it for the Rhino as well?


My gues is that there is going to be 2 Rhino based vehicles coming for Sisters. This one (and possibly Razorback) and other being the Immolator and Exorcist on Deimos variant.


However, if they are smart, those Rhinos are compatible in parts so you could to Deimos -pattern APC if you wished.


Or there is some extra armor panels not shown.
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka






Do the Inquisition models still fill in on this list? I'm interested in crossing over a Sisters of Silence squad with the Sisters squad box for some Inquisition minions/ troops for double duty for Blackstone Fortress and 40K.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/09/16 16:24:53




At Games Workshop, we believe that how you behave does matter. We believe this so strongly that we have written it down in the Games Workshop Book. There is a section in the book where we talk about the values we expect all staff to demonstrate in their working lives. These values are Lawyers, Guns and Money. 
   
Made in gb
Princeps of the Emperor's Titan!






Auto launchers are different too, which seems...odd?

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives?Why not join us?

 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
Auto launchers are different too, which seems...odd?
Like the old immolator, they have fluers on the top.
   
Made in be
Longtime Dakkanaut





Belgium

A.T. wrote:
 Sarouan wrote:
Because that's what they always did with all Rhino based vehicles ?
You'll have to provide examples.


Just go on GW's online webstore. You'll find plenty.

Cuteness for the Cute Goddess! 
   
Made in us
Numberless Necron Warrior




Glad that we're not seeing Deimos pattern here, they were ugly then, and I was glad to see them be retired.

Anyone else notice this :

"Well, we felt inclined to spoil you a little, so we’re actually going to show off TWO fully painted Sororitas Rhinos!"

Those are the same Rhino with different bits glued on! Just look at the wear patterns.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: