Switch Theme:

[40K] Kill Team News & Rumours page 125 : commander expansion  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

There's no real discussing things with you I think.

For the record though? The hallmark pairing for Harlequins is either Slaanesh or Thousand Sons. Not "just Chaos".
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




*has the logsitical realities of the situation pointed out*

"There's no real discussing things with you!"

Ohkay.
   
Made in nl
[MOD]
Indomitable hell rider of glorious renown






The muddy marshes and bogs of the Netherlands

Gentlemen please, not here.

Be ash and cinder forevermore!

V - 11 | T - 3 | 敗 - 40

DakkaDakka | Where you thank the mods for baning you! 
   
Made in nl
Hardened Veteran Guardsman





Segmentum Solar

Kaneda88 wrote:
 Insane Ivan wrote:
Imperial and Xenos commanders altogether so far are 33 commanders (not counting the Primaris duplicates for Deathwatch). That leaves 8 Commanders for Chaos.

Also, the text on the Big Mek clearly mentions that you can choose to equip him with a shokk attack gun. So at least some commanders will have options.

You sure about that? I counted 35, did you count both comissars/lord comissars and platoon/company commanders?

You’re right, I forgot the Lord Commissar and did my count before theyadded the Iconward to the Xenos article. So 35. That leaves just 6 for Chaos. Guessing 2 per faction, would seem very odd to me if Heretic Astartes get only one.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Kanluwen wrote:
There's no real discussing things with you I think.

For the record though? The hallmark pairing for Harlequins is either Slaanesh or Thousand Sons. Not "just Chaos".


If they released thousand sons and harlequin troupe with the Web way gate terrain I would but both sets.
   
Made in us
Loud-Voiced Agitator





Los Angeles

 MajorWesJanson wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
There's no real discussing things with you I think.

For the record though? The hallmark pairing for Harlequins is either Slaanesh or Thousand Sons. Not "just Chaos".


If they released thousand sons and harlequin troupe with the Web way gate terrain I would but both sets.


Same!


 
   
Made in au
One Canoptek Scarab in a Swarm



Sydney, Australia

Notice the new eldar unit? A close cousin to the Autarch, the all-new Autrach is set to spendify the Xeons farces
   
Made in es
Fresh-Faced New User




 Insane Ivan wrote:
Kaneda88 wrote:
 Insane Ivan wrote:
Imperial and Xenos commanders altogether so far are 33 commanders (not counting the Primaris duplicates for Deathwatch). That leaves 8 Commanders for Chaos.

Also, the text on the Big Mek clearly mentions that you can choose to equip him with a shokk attack gun. So at least some commanders will have options.

You sure about that? I counted 35, did you count both comissars/lord comissars and platoon/company commanders?

You’re right, I forgot the Lord Commissar and did my count before theyadded the Iconward to the Xenos article. So 35. That leaves just 6 for Chaos. Guessing 2 per faction, would seem very odd to me if Heretic Astartes get only one.

I think that perhaps thousand sons only get the exalted sorcerer and death guard the malignant plaguecaster and lord of contagion with CSM getting the exalted champion, chaos lord and sorcerer (dark apostle would also be an option but i think the others more likely). That's just my suposition though we'll have to wait to know
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




We've not gotten any Terminators yet and I doubt CSM will buck that.
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block




 Insane Ivan wrote:
Kaneda88 wrote:
 Insane Ivan wrote:
Imperial and Xenos commanders altogether so far are 33 commanders (not counting the Primaris duplicates for Deathwatch). That leaves 8 Commanders for Chaos.

Also, the text on the Big Mek clearly mentions that you can choose to equip him with a shokk attack gun. So at least some commanders will have options.

You sure about that? I counted 35, did you count both comissars/lord comissars and platoon/company commanders?

You’re right, I forgot the Lord Commissar and did my count before theyadded the Iconward to the Xenos article. So 35. That leaves just 6 for Chaos. Guessing 2 per faction, would seem very odd to me if Heretic Astartes get only one.


I am not convinced the 2 variant IG commanders will bring the tally from 33 to 35. I guess we shall see for sure Friday.

Henry R. 
   
Made in es
Fresh-Faced New User




Alendrel wrote:
We've not gotten any Terminators yet and I doubt CSM will buck that.

you're right, i hadn't noticed that the lord of contagion was in terminator armour(i was looking hq options in battlescribe) then one of the other 50+ heroes the death guard has
   
Made in us
Dangerous Outrider






Maybe they will have a "Heavy" expansion with Terminators, Ogryns and such...

Don't really care for the micro transaction feeling I am getting with each expansion.

 
   
Made in gb
Been Around the Block




I wonder if Sly Marbo will be released as a Legendary commander or something. They did say last year when he was on a limited release that he was to go on general sale this year?
   
Made in ca
Anointed Dark Priest of Chaos





British Columbia

 Genoside07 wrote:
Maybe they will have a "Heavy" expansion with Terminators, Ogryns and such...

Don't really care for the micro transaction feeling I am getting with each expansion.

Yeah. I don't blame them having seen it work so well for FFG. Irritating though.

 Crimson Devil wrote:
That's what 7th edition is about. Yelling "Forge the Narrative Pussy!" while kicking your opponent in the dick.
 BlaxicanX wrote:
A young business man named Tom Kirby, who was a pupil of mine until he turned greedy, helped the capitalists hunt down and destroy the wargamers. He betrayed and murdered Games Workshop.


 
   
Made in be
Snotty Snotling




Hasselt, Belgium

Too bad Orks didn't get access to Weirdboyz.
Now I still don't have anything to do in the Psychic Phase...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/10/11 11:58:32


 
   
Made in us
Glorious Grot Banna Wava




 Genoside07 wrote:
Maybe they will have a "Heavy" expansion with Terminators, Ogryns and such...

Don't really care for the micro transaction feeling I am getting with each expansion.


ain't nothing "micro" about a 60$ book.
   
Made in us
Hangin' with Gork & Mork






 Genoside07 wrote:
Maybe they will have a "Heavy" expansion with Terminators, Ogryns and such...

Don't really care for the micro transaction feeling I am getting with each expansion.


Yeah, and then maybe support for super heavies! :( Outside of special scenarios that are in linked campaigns, none of this stuff historically belongs in Kill Team (including some of the commanders).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/10/12 00:30:34


   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

 Arnizipal wrote:
Too bad Orks didn't get access to Weirdboyz.
If they had a plastic mini you can bet they would have.

   
Made in mx
Wondering Why the Emperor Left





Kent; United Kingdom; Terra

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
 Arnizipal wrote:
Too bad Orks didn't get access to Weirdboyz.
If they had a plastic mini you can bet they would have.


This x100.

Check out my blog for all things 30k, 40k, Oldhammer and tutorials:
http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk
 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




Chaos Commanders: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/10/12/12th-oct-kill-team-chaos-commandersgw-homepage-post-3/

Foul Blightspawn is going to be *rude* in KT.
   
Made in us
Yellin' Yoof








All of the DeathGuard commanders seem fairly strong, god help anyone playing Orks against the Foul Blightspawn.

On a positive note the Exalted Champion should be a nice unit to include for anyone trying to play a WE KT.

1250+
1500 
   
Made in us
Enigmatic Exalted Daemon





Albany, NY

Plastic exalted + resin sorcerer, boom baby Also Heretics with a 1 CP tactic (until the boxed team finally hits anyway) The psychic power description does raise a question: Do commander sorcerers know more than one power? I guess the sorcerer might know 2 ala 40k? Do they know smite too? They talk about cycling powers with the sorcerer, and I'm assuming it's more likely he knows 2+ powers than you're going to take 2+ sorcerers ...

But speaking of auras, the Tallyman's is 1 CP and is all hits within 7" vs the Exalted's 1's to wound in 6" Plus DG get CP farm with Tallyman? Damn, top tier dudes, damn.

Biologis aura is pretty painful for melee-teams, guess the downside is it's only 3"? And the Tallyman is in the same faction

- Salvage

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2018/10/12 15:16:26


CORUSCATING III: AOS TIZZ REPORTS 
   
Made in us
Glorious Grot Banna Wava




Well, now that all the unofficial "rules" of kill team are out the window with this expansion that's entirely multi wound models and features a bunch of 2+ saves with invulns, high movespeed models with fly, etc, here's a list of units that it'll make much more sense to include than 150 point commanders:

-Eldar Aspects
-Space Marine assault marines, terminators, aggressors etc
-Tau Crisis Suits
-Kroot, Krootox, Shaper, Kroot Hounds, Vespid
-Wracks, Mandrakes, Incubi
-Ork Nobz, Flash Gitz
-Tyranid Raveners, Hive Guard, Tyrant Guard
-Necron Praetorians, Lychguard, Scarab Swarms
-Daemons, like, in general
-CSM Bezerkers, Noise Marines, Possessed, Terminators
-Admech Electropriests

Hopefully we see some of these guys soon. It's really weird to have Electropriests be too big for the game system but be able to bring a 130pt unkillable techpriest dominus.
   
Made in us
Yellin' Yoof






the_scotsman wrote:
Well, now that all the unofficial "rules" of kill team are out the window with this expansion that's entirely multi wound models and features a bunch of 2+ saves with invulns, high movespeed models with fly, etc, here's a list of units that it'll make much more sense to include than 150 point commanders:

-Eldar Aspects
-Space Marine assault marines, terminators, aggressors etc
-Tau Crisis Suits
-Kroot, Krootox, Shaper, Kroot Hounds, Vespid
-Wracks, Mandrakes, Incubi
-Ork Nobz, Flash Gitz
-Tyranid Raveners, Hive Guard, Tyrant Guard
-Necron Praetorians, Lychguard, Scarab Swarms
-Daemons, like, in general
-CSM Bezerkers, Noise Marines, Possessed, Terminators
-Admech Electropriests

Hopefully we see some of these guys soon. It's really weird to have Electropriests be too big for the game system but be able to bring a 130pt unkillable techpriest dominus.


Have any of the datasheets for the commanders been leaked yet? I'm guessing that they are going to be tuned down slightly from their 40k entries.

1250+
1500 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




It's really weird that Commanders are gated into a very specific play mode and not just something you add willy nilly to any random game

But I fully expect to see Space Hulk/Elite Troops/whatever style expansion(s) adding all kinds of things - again probably gated into specific play modes. Indeed, on the livestream they said just now that there's room for them to explore adding all kinds of things.

I mean this isn't a single rule book and done game, they've said that have plans for additions and expansions for years out - this is essentially a new core game line for them more than it is a Specialist Game let alone the one-off filler that previous iterations of Kill Team have been. So expecting it to ever just be what's in the core book and nothign else is...kind of silly.

Those "unofficial" rules was for what went into the core manual for the core game play experience that is then going to be built upon.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 DrGiggles wrote:


Have any of the datasheets for the commanders been leaked yet? I'm guessing that they are going to be tuned down slightly from their 40k entries.


No, but given the power of the RT Commanders and that according to playtesters (Mike Brandt I thing said it) one of the first principles for KT was to use 40K statlines unchanged, I wouldn't expect such, other than any aura abilities becoming Tactics instead of always-on effects.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2018/10/12 16:14:28


 
   
Made in us
Glorious Grot Banna Wava




Alendrel wrote:
It's really weird that Commanders are gated into a very specific play mode and not just something you add willy nilly to any random game

But I fully expect to see Space Hulk/Elite Troops/whatever style expansion(s) adding all kinds of things - again probably gated into specific play modes. Indeed, on the livestream they said just now that there's room for them to explore adding all kinds of things.

I mean this isn't a single rule book and done game, they've said that have plans for additions and expansions for years out - this is essentially a new core game line for them more than it is a Specialist Game let alone the one-off filler that previous iterations of Kill Team have been. So expecting it to ever just be what's in the core book and nothign else is...kind of silly.

Those "unofficial" rules was for what went into the core manual for the core game play experience that is then going to be built upon.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 DrGiggles wrote:


Have any of the datasheets for the commanders been leaked yet? I'm guessing that they are going to be tuned down slightly from their 40k entries.


No, but given the power of the RT Commanders and that according to playtesters (Mike Brandt I thing said it) one of the first principles for KT was to use 40K statlines unchanged, I wouldn't expect such, other than any aura abilities becoming Tactics instead of always-on effects.


I get that. Just a strange sharkjump to go right from "we're keeping the mortal wounds minimal, 2+ saves out of the game, fast moving flyers out of the game etc" to "Here's your T5 W5 mortal wound spewing 12" move flying Exalted Sorceror! Don't worry it's balanced because your opponent can spend his 150 points on a T4 W6 2+ 5++ regenerating Techpriest Dominus."
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




Strange sharkjump or smart way to show off how flexible the system is while also moving a bunch of HQ models?
   
Made in us
Glorious Grot Banna Wava




Alendrel wrote:
Strange sharkjump or smart way to show off how flexible the system is while also moving a bunch of HQ models?


You decide while trying to take down an exalted sorceror with your Cadre Fireblade and 8 fire warriors!
   
Made in us
Yellin' Yoof






the_scotsman wrote:
Alendrel wrote:
Strange sharkjump or smart way to show off how flexible the system is while also moving a bunch of HQ models?


You decide while trying to take down an exalted sorceror with your Cadre Fireblade and 8 fire warriors!


I could see something like that being pretty fun for a one off mission. Something like a spacehulk style mission with a broodlord chasing down a team of space marines who are trying to escape with a relic.

1250+
1500 
   
Made in us
Hangin' with Gork & Mork






This smacks of 6th/7th edition GW. I'd hoped they'd outgrown that phase.

   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: