Switch Theme:

Codex Tyranids Tactica: The Shadow Falls, The Hive Fleets Gather. Worlds Devoured  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in nl
Longtime Dakkanaut





 NinthMusketeer wrote:
I like Tyrant Guard because they are just fighty enough that the enemy can't ignore them, but not so fighty that I have to pay a bunch of points for a unit whose primary job is to die. I don't see much reason to take a full 6-man as opposed to 5, but beyond that they seem to have done pretty well in my (admittedly inexperienced) opinion. I'm also biased though, because I have a Hive Tyrant conversion I really like and want to keep alive to see in action.

Unrelated note, seeing clarification on some things. First I assume Jormungandr cover is now light cover? I did not see it specifically covered in the FAQ. Second; with venom cannons being blast weapons, and blast weapons always getting at least 3 shots against 6+ model targets, aren't they really dam sweet now always getting max shots against such?
The cover stuff is apparently mentioned somewhere in the BRB that explains a bunch of vague terms from 8th.
   
Made in us
Ultramarine Master with Gauntlets of Macragge





Upstate, New York

BRB, page 361.

The bullet points are
* Add 2 to the saveing throws insted of 1 if reciveing the benifits from Light Cover or Heavy Cover terrain features
* Add 1 to the saving throws if receiving benefits any any other feature.

There is fine print, and I’m not up on the FAQs etc on the nids to give a firm answer. But that’s the gist.

Ultramarines, 3rd Co. and friends, 13K+ Slowly growing 3Kish
Nevelon's Workbench: Ultramarines, Saim-Hann and other assorted oddities

Competition Index 
   
Made in ca
Regular Dakkanaut





Got a question regarding adaptive physiology I was hoping someone here could clarify. When do I select which units have it and what upgrade they get? Do I have to decide this in list building before I know what my opponent is playing or can I choose which unit/what upgrade after I see my opponents list?

Mainly asking for Tyranid warriors who could greatly benefit from Enhanced Resistance in some matchups but in others I would prefer murderous size or an invuln on my Monsters.

 Psienesis wrote:
While that's possible, it's also stupid to build your game around your customers being fething morons
 
   
Made in nl
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Punisher wrote:
Got a question regarding adaptive physiology I was hoping someone here could clarify. When do I select which units have it and what upgrade they get? Do I have to decide this in list building before I know what my opponent is playing or can I choose which unit/what upgrade after I see my opponents list?

Mainly asking for Tyranid warriors who could greatly benefit from Enhanced Resistance in some matchups but in others I would prefer murderous size or an invuln on my Monsters.
As per the Chapter Approved tournament book you use stratagems to upgrade units and note down the details before swapping lists with your opponent.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut



Portland,OR

 Ordana wrote:
 Punisher wrote:
Got a question regarding adaptive physiology I was hoping someone here could clarify. When do I select which units have it and what upgrade they get? Do I have to decide this in list building before I know what my opponent is playing or can I choose which unit/what upgrade after I see my opponents list?

Mainly asking for Tyranid warriors who could greatly benefit from Enhanced Resistance in some matchups but in others I would prefer murderous size or an invuln on my Monsters.
As per the Chapter Approved tournament book you use stratagems to upgrade units and note down the details before swapping lists with your opponent.


So, you know Who you are fighting, but not what. After a few games you'll get to know what is likely to be useful.
   
Made in au
Dakka Veteran





I haven't got the models to do it, but my competitive buddies playtested in a 5 round event the exact Termagant list I posted, that I said would be one of the best lists in the game. Their feedback was that it crushed basically everything without breaking a sweat. Tied with ObSec Necrons (something they also think is gonna be extremely strong) and would likely win if played twice, and lost only to Salamanders, which is unsurprising based on the nature of both armies.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/28 23:13:52


 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





1: BUY Termagant
2: PAINT Termagant
3: GOTO 1

Interesting to hear that they did well. I'd be interested to hear details: matchups, terrain, so forth. In particular, did he play against Primaris?

The horde gaunt lists are certainly vulnerable, but maybe people will overvalue blast and not bring enough anti-horde. Smaller games tend to favor skew lists, so all comers lists many not have the tools they need to deal with the little guys.

It is very early to try to come to conclusions, but....interesting.

I might be able to play a local on Saturday. I was planning on running a gunline, but I could take a wall 'o 'gaunts and write up my results.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/29 00:39:20


 
   
Made in us
Tough Tyrant Guard





This will be my first list for 9th. Hopefully it goes well.

Spoiler:


++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Tyranids) [64 PL, -1CP, 1,375pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Hive Fleet
. Other: Adaptive Exoskeleton, Prey-sight

+ Stratagems +

Progeny of the Hive [-1CP]

+ HQ +

Hive Tyrant [9 PL, 200pts]: Adrenal Glands, Lash Whip and Monstrous Bonesword, Power: Catalyst, Power: Paroxysm, The Reaper of Obilterax, Toxin Sacs, Two Devourers with Brainleech Worms, Warlord
. Adaptive Physiology: Murderous Size

The Swarmlord [15 PL, 270pts]: Power: Onslaught, Power: Psychic Scream

+ Troops +

Hormagaunts [6 PL, 140pts]: Adrenal Glands
. 20x Hormagaunt: 20x Scything Talons

Hormagaunts [6 PL, 140pts]: Adrenal Glands
. 20x Hormagaunt: 20x Scything Talons

Hormagaunts [6 PL, 140pts]: Adrenal Glands
. 20x Hormagaunt: 20x Scything Talons

+ Fast Attack +

Gargoyles [6 PL, 140pts]
. 20x Gargoyle: 20x Blinding Venom, 20x Fleshborer

Gargoyles [6 PL, 140pts]
. 20x Gargoyle: 20x Blinding Venom, 20x Fleshborer

+ Heavy Support +

Trygon Prime [10 PL, 205pts]: 3x Massive Scything Talons, Adrenal Glands, Biostatic Rattle, Toxin Sacs
. Adaptive Physiology: Murderous Size

++ Patrol Detachment -2CP (Tyranids) [35 PL, 621pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Hive Fleet: Kronos

+ HQ +

Neurothrope [4 PL, 95pts]: Power: Symbiostorm

+ Troops +

Ripper Swarms [2 PL, 36pts]
. 3x Ripper Swarm: 3x Claws and Teeth

+ Elites +

Hive Guard [7 PL, 150pts]
. 3x Hive Guard (Impaler): 3x Impaler Cannon

+ Heavy Support +

Exocrine [11 PL, 170pts]

Exocrine [11 PL, 170pts]

++ Total: [99 PL, -1CP, 1,996pts] ++


Only real change I'm considering is swapping Prey-Sight for Morphic Sinews.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/29 19:41:29


 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut



Portland,OR

StarHunter25 wrote:
This will be my first list for 9th. Hopefully it goes well.

Spoiler:


++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Tyranids) [64 PL, -1CP, 1,375pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Hive Fleet
. Other: Adaptive Exoskeleton, Prey-sight

+ Stratagems +

Progeny of the Hive [-1CP]

+ HQ +

Hive Tyrant [9 PL, 200pts]: Adrenal Glands, Lash Whip and Monstrous Bonesword, Power: Catalyst, Power: Paroxysm, The Reaper of Obilterax, Toxin Sacs, Two Devourers with Brainleech Worms, Warlord
. Adaptive Physiology: Murderous Size

The Swarmlord [15 PL, 270pts]: Power: Onslaught, Power: Psychic Scream

+ Troops +

Hormagaunts [6 PL, 140pts]: Adrenal Glands
. 20x Hormagaunt: 20x Scything Talons

Hormagaunts [6 PL, 140pts]: Adrenal Glands
. 20x Hormagaunt: 20x Scything Talons

Hormagaunts [6 PL, 140pts]: Adrenal Glands
. 20x Hormagaunt: 20x Scything Talons

+ Fast Attack +

Gargoyles [6 PL, 140pts]
. 20x Gargoyle: 20x Blinding Venom, 20x Fleshborer

Gargoyles [6 PL, 140pts]
. 20x Gargoyle: 20x Blinding Venom, 20x Fleshborer

+ Heavy Support +

Trygon Prime [10 PL, 205pts]: 3x Massive Scything Talons, Adrenal Glands, Biostatic Rattle, Toxin Sacs
. Adaptive Physiology: Murderous Size

++ Patrol Detachment -2CP (Tyranids) [35 PL, 621pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Hive Fleet: Kronos

+ HQ +

Neurothrope [4 PL, 95pts]: Power: Symbiostorm

+ Troops +

Ripper Swarms [2 PL, 36pts]
. 3x Ripper Swarm: 3x Claws and Teeth

+ Elites +

Hive Guard [7 PL, 150pts]
. 3x Hive Guard (Impaler): 3x Impaler Cannon

+ Heavy Support +

Exocrine [11 PL, 170pts]

Exocrine [11 PL, 170pts]

++ Total: [99 PL, -1CP, 1,996pts] ++


Only real change I'm considering is swapping Prey-Sight for Morphic Sinews.

This looks very nice! I think it is too soon to know what the "meta" will be local, or in tourney. I plan even to try out a Tervigon with a huge brood of Termies...just to see what works and what does not. I am thinking a swarm of MSU Steralers could be a very potent threat in dense terrain.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
babelfish wrote:
1: BUY Termagant
2: PAINT Termagant
3: GOTO 1

Interesting to hear that they did well. I'd be interested to hear details: matchups, terrain, so forth. In particular, did he play against Primaris?

The horde gaunt lists are certainly vulnerable, but maybe people will overvalue blast and not bring enough anti-horde. Smaller games tend to favor skew lists, so all comers lists many not have the tools they need to deal with the little guys.

It is very early to try to come to conclusions, but....interesting.

I might be able to play a local on Saturday. I was planning on running a gunline, but I could take a wall 'o 'gaunts and write up my results.
Cool! If you run a "gaunt spam" please let us know what happens.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/29 22:14:57


 
   
Made in no
Huge Bone Giant





Bergen

You forgot step 4.when gw changes their points.

I am a dyslectic, so bear with me.

Dyslectics in a text based environment? Dakka is aware of you and sympathises with any troubles you have: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/505863.page

Kronos biovore box fresh sporemines. Denying psykick powers since 2017.

 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





So are you just taking the 6++ on the gaunts against Primaris? Because against most other things, the inv is pretty useless.

On the topic of gargoyles: I also think they might be very good for objective stealing. However not being obj sec really hurts them. I expect most armies will run 2x troops in transports to hunt t1 midfield objectives, where the gargoyles will be useless.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
I actually think that GS might be very good for midfield objective grabbing.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/31 07:52:57


 
   
Made in it
Longtime Dakkanaut





Metabolic overdrive on a gaunt unit will counter any troop in transport for the first turns, I'm not particularly worried of that.

What we lack is something that likes to take a punch while staying on an objective. Pyrovores are our best bet, but they are slow.

Dropping a Sporocyst on the point he wants to rush with a transport, could also be a good choice.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/31 08:16:02


 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





Just note that Sporocysts cannot deny or hold objectives, since they are fortifications. So they could just deny an area.
   
Made in au
Dakka Veteran





Spoletta wrote:
What we lack is something that likes to take a punch while staying on an objective. Pyrovores are our best bet, but they are slow.


Isn't this exactly what Termagants are for? like, the core of our army?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/31 09:56:55


 
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block




 Nitro Zeus wrote:
Spoletta wrote:
What we lack is something that likes to take a punch while staying on an objective. Pyrovores are our best bet, but they are slow.


Isn't this exactly what Termagants are for? like, the core of our army?


I think that's correct. Termagants are one of the more efficient options we have for just taking hits. Sure, 30 of them won't last too long, but that's only 150 points. 2x30 gives you 60 objective secured, single wound bodies that the opponent has to remove for only 300 points.

I think a list like this has potential, with your biggest downfall being perhaps lacking enough killing power.
Spoiler:

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Tyranids) [98 PL, 2CP, 1,998pts] ++

+ Configuration +

[Reference] Discipline: Hive Mind: Smite

[Reference] Extensions of the Hive Mind

Battle Size [3CP]: 1. Combat Patrol (0-50 Total PL / 0-500 Points)

Detachment CP

Gametype: Matched

Hive Fleet: Leviathan

+ Stratagems +

Progeny of the Hive [-1CP]

+ HQ +

Neurothrope [4 PL, 95pts]: Power: Psychic Scream, Power: Smite, Resonance Barb

Tyranid Prime [6 PL, 85pts]: Adrenal Glands, Boneswords, Deathspitter, Warlord

+ Troops +

Ripper Swarms [2 PL, 36pts]
. 3x Ripper Swarm: 3x Claws and Teeth

Termagants [9 PL, 150pts]
. 30x Termagant (Fleshborer): 30x Fleshborer

Termagants [9 PL, 150pts]
. 30x Termagant (Fleshborer): 30x Fleshborer

Termagants [9 PL, 150pts]
. 30x Termagant (Fleshborer): 30x Fleshborer

Tyranid Warriors [13 PL, 297pts]
. Adaptive Physiology: Enhanced Resistance
. Tyranid Warrior: Boneswords, Deathspitter
. Tyranid Warrior: Boneswords, Deathspitter
. Tyranid Warrior: Boneswords, Deathspitter
. Tyranid Warrior: Boneswords, Deathspitter
. Tyranid Warrior: Boneswords, Deathspitter
. Tyranid Warrior: Boneswords, Deathspitter
. Tyranid Warrior (Bio-cannon): Boneswords, Venom Cannon
. Tyranid Warrior (Bio-cannon): Boneswords, Venom Cannon
. Tyranid Warrior (Bio-cannon): Boneswords, Venom Cannon

Tyranid Warriors [13 PL, 297pts]
. Adaptive Physiology: Enhanced Resistance
. Tyranid Warrior: Boneswords, Deathspitter
. Tyranid Warrior: Boneswords, Deathspitter
. Tyranid Warrior: Boneswords, Deathspitter
. Tyranid Warrior: Boneswords, Deathspitter
. Tyranid Warrior: Boneswords, Deathspitter
. Tyranid Warrior: Boneswords, Deathspitter
. Tyranid Warrior (Bio-cannon): Boneswords, Venom Cannon
. Tyranid Warrior (Bio-cannon): Boneswords, Venom Cannon
. Tyranid Warrior (Bio-cannon): Boneswords, Venom Cannon

+ Elites +

Venomthropes [9 PL, 198pts]
. 6x Venomthrope: 6x Toxic Lashes

Zoanthropes [12 PL, 270pts]: Power: Catalyst, Power: Smite
. 6x Zoanthrope: 6x Claws and Teeth

Zoanthropes [12 PL, 270pts]: Power: Smite, Power: The Horror
. 6x Zoanthrope: 6x Claws and Teeth

++ Total: [98 PL, 2CP, 1,998pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe


The same type of structure could be rearranged to include a Maleceptor instead of 1 unit of Termagants and the Ripper Swarm:
Spoiler:
++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Tyranids) [96 PL, 11CP, 2,000pts] ++

+ Configuration +

[Reference] Discipline: Hive Mind: Smite

[Reference] Extensions of the Hive Mind

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Detachment CP

Gametype: Matched

Hive Fleet: Leviathan

+ Stratagems +

Progeny of the Hive [-1CP]

+ HQ +

Neurothrope [4 PL, 95pts]: Power: Onslaught, Power: Smite, Resonance Barb

Tyranid Prime [6 PL, 85pts]: Adrenal Glands, Boneswords, Deathspitter, Warlord

+ Troops +

Termagants [9 PL, 150pts]
. 30x Termagant (Fleshborer): 30x Fleshborer

Termagants [9 PL, 150pts]
. 30x Termagant (Fleshborer): 30x Fleshborer

Tyranid Warriors [13 PL, 306pts]: Adrenal Glands
. Adaptive Physiology: Enhanced Resistance
. Tyranid Warrior: Boneswords, Deathspitter
. Tyranid Warrior: Boneswords, Deathspitter
. Tyranid Warrior: Boneswords, Deathspitter
. Tyranid Warrior: Boneswords, Deathspitter
. Tyranid Warrior: Boneswords, Deathspitter
. Tyranid Warrior: Boneswords, Deathspitter
. Tyranid Warrior (Bio-cannon): Boneswords, Venom Cannon
. Tyranid Warrior (Bio-cannon): Boneswords, Venom Cannon
. Tyranid Warrior (Bio-cannon): Boneswords, Venom Cannon

Tyranid Warriors [13 PL, 306pts]: Adrenal Glands
. Adaptive Physiology: Enhanced Resistance
. Tyranid Warrior: Boneswords, Deathspitter
. Tyranid Warrior: Boneswords, Deathspitter
. Tyranid Warrior: Boneswords, Deathspitter
. Tyranid Warrior: Boneswords, Deathspitter
. Tyranid Warrior: Boneswords, Deathspitter
. Tyranid Warrior: Boneswords, Deathspitter
. Tyranid Warrior (Bio-cannon): Boneswords, Venom Cannon
. Tyranid Warrior (Bio-cannon): Boneswords, Venom Cannon
. Tyranid Warrior (Bio-cannon): Boneswords, Venom Cannon

+ Elites +

Maleceptor [9 PL, 170pts]: Massive Scything Talons, Power: Psychic Scream, Power: Smite

Venomthropes [9 PL, 198pts]
. 6x Venomthrope: 6x Toxic Lashes

Zoanthropes [12 PL, 270pts]: Power: Catalyst, Power: Smite
. 6x Zoanthrope: 6x Claws and Teeth

Zoanthropes [12 PL, 270pts]: Power: Smite, Power: The Horror
. 6x Zoanthrope: 6x Claws and Teeth

++ Total: [96 PL, 11CP, 2,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe
The second list has slightly more mobility due to adrenal glands on both units of Warriors and the Prime, as well as trading a unit of Termagants + Rippers for a Maleceptor. With the extra Smite power, this list should output a bit more damage as well.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/31 20:16:09


 
   
Made in us
Esteemed Veteran Space Marine



Ottawa

Pretty confused as to why the second list is two Leviathan patrols when the whole thing fits in a Battalion. What am I missing?
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block




Lemondish wrote:
Pretty confused as to why the second list is two Leviathan patrols when the whole thing fits in a Battalion. What am I missing?
it wasn't letting me put 4 elites in a battalion.

EDIT: Perhaps I am just an unbrain. It seems to work fine. I fixed the original post with everything put back into a single Battalion for 11 CP rather than taking the 2 CP penalty of 2 Patrols for no reason.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2020/07/31 20:16:43


 
   
Made in us
Esteemed Veteran Space Marine



Ottawa

Phenatix wrote:
Lemondish wrote:
Pretty confused as to why the second list is two Leviathan patrols when the whole thing fits in a Battalion. What am I missing?
it wasn't letting me put 4 elites in a battalion.

EDIT: Perhaps I am just an unbrain. It seems to work fine. I fixed the original post with everything put back into a single Battalion for 11 CP rather than taking the 2 CP penalty of 2 Patrols for no reason.


That makes sense. For future reference, you can have 6 (6!) Elites in a Battalion.

Granted, I literally just filled that up without a sweat while making a Sisters of Battle list with the remainder of my unbuilt pile of grey shame...but I also don't think it'll be much of an issue for Nids.

I guess that last statement is probably going to be proven wrong in no time flat lol
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





I had to work last night, so unfortunately no games for me today.

I like the idea of catapulting a big blob of gaunts onto objectives, but don't want to give up Hive Guard. This is what i came up with for my first event of 9th. Hopefully that will be next week.


Custom Hive Fleet Battalion: Adaptive Exoskeleton, Bio-metalic Cysts

Broodlord: Psychic Scream, Resonance Barb, Warlord
Malanthrope

Hormagaunt x29
Hormagaunt x29
Hormagaunt x29

Warriors x6 (Enhanced Resistance, 2x Scything Talons x4, Scything Talons and Venom Cannon x2)

Warriors x6 (Enhanced Resistance, 2x Scything Talons x4, Scything Talons and Venom Cannon x2)

Kronos Patrol

Neurothrope: Symbiostorm

Ripper x3

Hive Guard x6 (Impaler Cannons)
Hive Guard x6 (Impaler Cannons)

Exocrine

The basic plan is to move the entire battalion to midfield while outflanking the Exocrine and using the Hive Guard as a firebase. The Ripper squad can derp strike, or sit around doing actions behind cover.

The hormies are fast and 90 of them will take substantial killing. The Warriors are vulnerable to blast, but still fairky durable. The Broodlord can counter charge or suicide, and is a small little psychic bomb.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




I played a game today vs Space Wolves, lost 65 to 69 but it was my fault. I completely forgot about one of my secondaries and totally messed that up. Having said that.....

My list ran 2 hive tyrants with wings, 1 on foot, swarmlord, 30 hormagaunts, 9 tyranid warriors (6 w/ Deathspitters 3 with venom cannons), tyranid prime, 2 x 3 ripper swarms, 2 lictors, malceptor, and 2 mawlocks. I ran jomengander.

I took line breaker, teleport homer (the one i forgot), and bring it down.

From a learning perspective vs the space wolves it was a bloody fight. I maxed on primary objectives, maxed on linebreaker, and got 5 from bring it down (t1 I dropped a stormwolf to 1w so my opponent had it fly off the table and not show back up until t5...)

If I would have put the lictors in my opponents deployment zone t2 and remembered to try for becons then I may have ran away with the game. As it is it was still one crazy fight.

I was impressed by mawlocks this game. In 8th I tried running them a few times and never found a roll for them. Now for 125 pts they don't seem that bad for line breaker support. What do you guys think of them? Anyone have any 9th ed actual play with them yet?
   
Made in no
Huge Bone Giant





Bergen

What did mawlocks cost in 8th edition? If they are 125 in 9th edition perhaps evrrything else went up innpoint when comparing the cost?

I am a dyslectic, so bear with me.

Dyslectics in a text based environment? Dakka is aware of you and sympathises with any troubles you have: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/505863.page

Kronos biovore box fresh sporemines. Denying psykick powers since 2017.

 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




104 pts I think? Yeah they went up, but maybe its because of a use with secondaries that I found them valuable now? In 8th ed we played missions out of chapter approved and every time i tried to use them they would pop up then die. Yesterday when I used them I still had both at the beginning of t5 and 1 left at the end holding one of my opponents objective and getting me linebreaker with some rippers.

I need to try the list again and see if Yesterday was just a fluke or if they have actual value of some sort now, that's why i asked if anyone had any 9th ed experience with them yet. But they popped up, did some mortals to units camping on back field objectives, then survived long enough to charge the next turn into those campers.

Granted they probably lived because my opponent was more concerned about the swarmlord and 3 hive tyrants rampaging through his lines. :p they didn't really get targeted at that point.
   
Made in it
Longtime Dakkanaut





Linebreaker and repair teleport homer are our best secondaries.
Lictors make those a walk in the park. Too bad the the teleport homer one was nerfed in CA2020, but it is still good.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




I think so too. I played another game today and remembered to do repair teleport homer with my lictors, game was a runaway. I won 68 to 37.

I ran the mawlocks again, I am finding that they work best when they can pop up around the same area (obviously not right on top of each other) and put pressure on a back line unit not designed to fight them (in this case it was 5 intercessors, a wolf guard battle leader, and a wolf priest) as well as make sure your pressuring your opponents line with other stuff thats a real threat like hive tyrants. But they still suffer from deep stike in and then have to sit there and do nothing. Oh well, I am at least enjoying the fact that my lictors are getting ignored because mawlocks are there as well.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Annandale, VA

Maybe a dumb question, but I definitely read in this thread that Hierodules no longer get Hive Fleets when in a super-heavy auxiliary detachment- where exactly is the rule that makes this the case?
   
Made in no
Huge Bone Giant





Bergen

 catbarf wrote:
Maybe a dumb question, but I definitely read in this thread that Hierodules no longer get Hive Fleets when in a super-heavy auxiliary detachment- where exactly is the rule that makes this the case?


The detachment you take it in. If you take 3 you are fine though.

I am a dyslectic, so bear with me.

Dyslectics in a text based environment? Dakka is aware of you and sympathises with any troubles you have: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/505863.page

Kronos biovore box fresh sporemines. Denying psykick powers since 2017.

 
   
Made in us
Tunneling Trygon




Mexico

They don't get the Hive Fleet Adaptations, but they still have the Hive Fleet keyword and can interact with abilities and stratagems that require them.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Annandale, VA

Got it, thanks. I hadn't keyed into that distinction, actually, so that's really good to know; even if a Hierodule can't benefit from subfaction traits, being able to Opportunistic Advance it is significant.
   
Made in us
Tunneling Trygon




Mexico

Rulebook faq just out. Changes to Smite, Character rules and terrain.

Now I understand why OOE got that super character protection near other Carnifexes, as Carnifex no longer protect characters (you need 10+ wounds).
   
Made in us
Brainy Biophagus Brewing Potent Chemicals






Bit of a random musing, but with the news that most MEQ will be gaining an additional wound would now be a good time to start breaking out Toxin Sacs? I've not had much use for them in 8th, but being able to get 2 damage on Boneswords or Rending Claws might be more useful given we are about to see a big influx of 2-wound models.



   
 
Forum Index » 40K Tactics
Go to: