Switch Theme:

Age of Sigmar N & R: AoS v3 and Dominion p.172.  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

 lord_blackfang wrote:
 Overread wrote:
It makes perfect sense, the queue system should mean that it streamlines traffic to the site itself and thus means you don't get the site crashing due to overload which happened during Indomitus.

It also means that, in theory, the site should work smoother and whilst you have to wait, its just the same as if you were pressing f5 and fighting everyone to get stock. It's just now you're in a formal line.


It would make more sense to make enough product so the entire customer base wouldn't be FOMO panic buying on the literal first second a preorder opens.


True and GW's shift to limited starter sets is a curious change from their past operations.

I'm guessing part of it is that in the past a lot of starter sets were 1 big mould of models. Which meant the costs for it were lower as it was just one casting (or two etc...). However it also meant that they wound up with a lot of models all jumbled up on a single sprue which they can't later split down to individual model sales after the starter set is ended.

These short term starters appear to be more focused on having multiple sprues, which likely increases their costs and back end packing aspects and production; but at the same time means they can be spit into smaller sets and individual sets later.


So part of this might just be that GW doesn't want multiple moulds in the production cycle for a long term discount product. So instead they make it a short term discount product and then use parts of it to make smaller starter sets

   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




 His Master's Voice wrote:
The queue system allows the site to function during exceptionally high traffic periods. I suppose it doubles up as a mild anti bot solution.

Getting angry about it almost as bizarre as accusing GW of elitism, because they don't want their customers to look at a DDoSed site for a couple hours as everyone hits F5 over and over again.

Again, the idea of queue access isn't new. Other companies that release limited products do it all the time.
They put it only on the page of the limited product, or make a separate page for that product. GW just..slapped the thing on the whole website, so people who want to buy 2 pots of paint are forced to wait alongside the scalpers and FOMOboys.
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

Cronch wrote:
 His Master's Voice wrote:
The queue system allows the site to function during exceptionally high traffic periods. I suppose it doubles up as a mild anti bot solution.

Getting angry about it almost as bizarre as accusing GW of elitism, because they don't want their customers to look at a DDoSed site for a couple hours as everyone hits F5 over and over again.

Again, the idea of queue access isn't new. Other companies that release limited products do it all the time.
They put it only on the page of the limited product, or make a separate page for that product. GW just..slapped the thing on the whole website, so people who want to buy 2 pots of paint are forced to wait alongside the scalpers and FOMOboys.


It's likely a limit of the store system GW uses and honestly its not a huge problem really. The pre-order window is just one day and chances are it will only be present for part of that day. The majority of customers accessing the store on the preorder day at the preorder time will be people after a preorder.

   
Made in ie
Fixture of Dakka






Liberator vs Vindictor image (from Reddit), The new proportions are definitely better I'm not sure they needed to get taller but then you wouldn't need a new army . This is a single mini with a scenic base for in store painting demos.
[Thumb - l702ayqadu471.jpg]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/06/12 16:13:39


 
   
Made in es
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain




Vigo. Spain.

Nah, they are the same height. If you remove the difference from the rubble hes standing on, and the poses, they are the same.

 Crimson Devil wrote:

Dakka does have White Knights and is also rather infamous for it's Black Knights. A new edition brings out the passionate and not all of them are good at expressing themselves in written form. There have been plenty of hysterical responses from both sides so far. So we descend into pointless bickering with neither side listening to each other. So posting here becomes more masturbation than conversation.

ERJAK wrote:
Forcing a 40k player to keep playing 7th is basically a hate crime.

 
   
Made in us
Lone Wolf Sentinel Pilot





Literally Primaris Sigmarines after only five years lmao.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






 Arbitrator wrote:
Literally Primaris Sigmarines after only five years lmao.


If by Primaris you mean unbent knees
   
Made in gb
Sword-Bearing Inquisitorial Crusader






 MajorWesJanson wrote:
 Arbitrator wrote:
Literally Primaris Sigmarines after only five years lmao.


If by Primaris you mean unbent knees




Brilliant!
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




 MajorWesJanson wrote:
 Arbitrator wrote:
Literally Primaris Sigmarines after only five years lmao.


If by Primaris you mean unbent knees

Sooooo... are you hinting at Settramarines? Is there something you're not telling us?
   
Made in nl
Longtime Dakkanaut





yeah that picture just looks like bent vs strait knees.
   
Made in us
Lieutenant General





Florence, KY

'Implacable, Inexorable, Inevitable… Ossiarch Bonereapers March Into the New Edition' on Warhammer Community:




'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in us
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle






 Arbitrator wrote:
Literally Primaris Sigmarines after only five years lmao.
But no though? The scale isn't bigger--it's a pose & base difference. And even IF the scale was bigger they would not be a -literal- analogue to Primaris because the fluff is different and they are just specialized units within the larger army not an army of themselves.

It's SCE getting further development of their equipment & reforging process. The analogue would be if Primaris were a new mark of armour and more effective gene seed preservation.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/06/12 17:12:27


Road to Renown! It's like classic Path to Glory, but repaired, remastered, expanded! https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/778170.page


I chose an avatar I feel best represents the quality of my post history. 
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







 NinthMusketeer wrote:
 Arbitrator wrote:
Literally Primaris Sigmarines after only five years lmao.
But no though? The scale isn't bigger--it's a pose & base difference. And even IF the scale was bigger they would not be a -literal- analogue to Primaris because the fluff is different and they are just specialized units within the larger army not an army of themselves.

It's SCE getting further development of their equipment & reforging process. The analogue would be if Primaris were a new mark of armour and more effective gene seed preservation.


So what you're saying is we won't see a quiet sidelining of the old range?

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






Interesting but not conclusive in my opinion. I'd definitely want to wait until we have a comparison picture of an old and new Sigmarine with comparable poses.

That said, let's not forget what GW has to work with. The current (male) Sigmarines are... wide. Which broadly only leaves two options to get to the new and improved look. They either retain their bulk but get stretched out so as not to look chubby anymore, or they keep their height to be in line with the old models but look lanky next to them.

There's not a whole lot else that can be done and of the two options I know which one GW will go with every time, so I won't be surprised if the new Sigmarines are in fact taller.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in si
Skillful Swordmaster





12'' is rather short, but having it on a fighting wizard is decent value (Nagash is always going to be a special case), although, I don't think the game needs so much removal. They did put 'Rally' but that's rather bad trade resource for resource.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/06/12 17:57:23


 
   
Made in us
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle






 lord_blackfang wrote:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:
 Arbitrator wrote:
Literally Primaris Sigmarines after only five years lmao.
But no though? The scale isn't bigger--it's a pose & base difference. And even IF the scale was bigger they would not be a -literal- analogue to Primaris because the fluff is different and they are just specialized units within the larger army not an army of themselves.

It's SCE getting further development of their equipment & reforging process. The analogue would be if Primaris were a new mark of armour and more effective gene seed preservation.


So what you're saying is we won't see a quiet sidelining of the old range?
Correct; I am reasonably sure we will no doubt get newcast on all the promotional material like Sacrosanct before them, but similarly they will just slot in next to the old stuff.

Road to Renown! It's like classic Path to Glory, but repaired, remastered, expanded! https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/778170.page


I chose an avatar I feel best represents the quality of my post history. 
   
Made in es
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain




Vigo. Spain.

 lord_blackfang wrote:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:
 Arbitrator wrote:
Literally Primaris Sigmarines after only five years lmao.
But no though? The scale isn't bigger--it's a pose & base difference. And even IF the scale was bigger they would not be a -literal- analogue to Primaris because the fluff is different and they are just specialized units within the larger army not an army of themselves.

It's SCE getting further development of their equipment & reforging process. The analogue would be if Primaris were a new mark of armour and more effective gene seed preservation.


So what you're saying is we won't see a quiet sidelining of the old range?


But the old range was allready sidelined?

I mean. All the "new" stormcast stuff has been new chambers with each one having their own unique aesthetic like the scouts ones and the sacrosant ones. There hasn't been a old-cast release outside special characters since aos 1.0

 Crimson Devil wrote:

Dakka does have White Knights and is also rather infamous for it's Black Knights. A new edition brings out the passionate and not all of them are good at expressing themselves in written form. There have been plenty of hysterical responses from both sides so far. So we descend into pointless bickering with neither side listening to each other. So posting here becomes more masturbation than conversation.

ERJAK wrote:
Forcing a 40k player to keep playing 7th is basically a hate crime.

 
   
Made in us
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle






Hm, perhaps a more precise definition of "sidelined" is required here.

Road to Renown! It's like classic Path to Glory, but repaired, remastered, expanded! https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/778170.page


I chose an avatar I feel best represents the quality of my post history. 
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







 Galas wrote:

But the old range was allready sidelined?

I mean. All the "new" stormcast stuff has been new chambers with each one having their own unique aesthetic like the scouts ones and the sacrosant ones. There hasn't been a old-cast release outside special characters since aos 1.0


Fair enough

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in us
Lieutenant General





Florence, KY

'There’s No More Pesky Downtime in the New Edition Thanks to These Command Abilities' on Warhammer Community:

We’ve taken a look at the rules that make Monsters and Heroes more, erm, monstrous and heroic in the new edition of Warhammer Age of Sigmar and when the Dominion launch set is coming out. Now, it’s time to learn how you can interrupt your opponent and use certain abilities in THEIR turn.








'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in ca
Long-Range Ultramarine Land Speeder Pilot






Solid wording on Redeploy. A handy tool that you may need to think about. The wording on it prevents niche cases like Longstrike Vanguard raptors or Freeguild Handgunners with their overwatch-like abilities, as well as Unleash Hell.

One thing I wonder. Does deepstriking and stuff like that count as a Normal Move?

 Rippy wrote:
When you lose to a 7 year old, it's wise to not come and admit it and then try to blame the armies


Skaven - 4500
OBR - 4250
- 6800
- 4250
- 2750 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Southern New Hampshire

 Thadin wrote:
Solid wording on Redeploy. A handy tool that you may need to think about. The wording on it prevents niche cases like Longstrike Vanguard raptors or Freeguild Handgunners with their overwatch-like abilities, as well as Unleash Hell.

One thing I wonder. Does deepstriking and stuff like that count as a Normal Move?


Put the Handgunners behind the Swordsmen, now.

"There are no problems that cannot be solved with cannons." - Chief Engineer Boris Krauss of Nuln

AoS - Fires of Change : "The Everchosen stole my destiny. Soon, I shall return the favor." The Unmaker, Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch

Thousand Sons
Renegade Astartes The Scourged
Daemons

DR:80S++G++M--B+IPwhfb01#+D+++A+++/fWD268R++T(D)DM+++
 
   
Made in ca
Long-Range Ultramarine Land Speeder Pilot






Of course, so they can use Unleash Hell. I plan to make people suffer when they charge in to my Clan Rat screens, with Stormfiends 3.5 inches behind them.

 Rippy wrote:
When you lose to a 7 year old, it's wise to not come and admit it and then try to blame the armies


Skaven - 4500
OBR - 4250
- 6800
- 4250
- 2750 
   
Made in fi
Ye Lord of The End Times (and a good guy)





 Thadin wrote:
Solid wording on Redeploy. A handy tool that you may need to think about. The wording on it prevents niche cases like Longstrike Vanguard raptors or Freeguild Handgunners with their overwatch-like abilities, as well as Unleash Hell.

One thing I wonder. Does deepstriking and stuff like that count as a Normal Move?


Handy tool? Basically ensures any 1 unit won't get better than 50-50 odds of charging. You need 2 units both that can deal with unit alone to have better than 50-50 odds of charging.

Couple with unleash hell...well hopefully people aren't hoping shooting style reduced. Only 2/3 scenarios having all objectives centerline is good news for melee so far.

2021 painted/bought: 538/575 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Someone's been cribbing from the WHFB book, those are Charge Reactions, except they cost command points.
   
Made in gb
Fresh-Faced New User




I am incredulous that people can look at that photo of the old vs new stormcast and explain away the scale creep as 9 degree bent knees... why not just admit they are bigger? Minis are bigger now, so what?

Love the new charge reactions as well. These sort of things just show that slash and burn on WHFB was a poor choice compared to what a tweak would’ve been. Between this and all the Old World characters coming back it just shows that all the pleas that AoS is finding its feet is really just saying its found WHFB’s slippers and is putting them on.
   
Made in us
Lieutenant General





Florence, KY

Luke82 wrote:
I am incredulous that people can look at that photo of the old vs new stormcast and explain away the scale creep as 9 degree bent knees... why not just admit they are bigger?

You did notice the tactical rubble he's standing on that's boosting his height as well?

'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in gb
Sword-Bearing Inquisitorial Crusader






Luke82 wrote:
I am incredulous that people can look at that photo of the old vs new stormcast and explain away the scale creep as 9 degree bent knees... why not just admit they are bigger? Minis are bigger now, so what?


I’m incredulous that there are people who have yet to realise that when you bend your knees, your head gets nearer the ground.
   
Made in us
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle






Spoiler:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:
 lord_blackfang wrote:
ERJAK wrote:

 lord_blackfang wrote:
 NAVARRO wrote:
Minimum, max sizes can kiss my mushroom pads... so when are we going back to square bases?

Come to Kings of War, we have tactics

Ah yes, the wonderful KoW tactic of leaving for 30 minutes to do laundry and it literally doesn't matter.


Compared to the wonderful tactic of having to be there to roll saves and doubling the length of a match while having zero actual agency like GW had for 90% of its existance.
This comment is going to age well.


Anyways, I like the new reactions. They are strong, but limited by CP (another other limitations inherent to command abilities, if rumors are to be believed). However I note the shooting one vastly favors units with MW shooting who do not care about the hit roll. Lumineth come to mind, as do Skaven.

Road to Renown! It's like classic Path to Glory, but repaired, remastered, expanded! https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/778170.page


I chose an avatar I feel best represents the quality of my post history. 
   
Made in ca
Nihilistic Necron Lord




The best State-Texas

OBR article isn't really helpful. They are either going to need a brand new book or a major FAQ to get them to work with 3rd.

4000+
6000+ Order. Unity. Obedience.
Thousand Sons 4000+
:Necron: Necron Discord: https://discord.com/invite/AGtpeD4  
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: