Switch Theme:

Age of Sigmar N & R: AoS v3 and Dominion p.172.  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

I can see Ossiarchs getting a big new update semi-soon if it meant pushing out new models for them. Aka like what Slaanesh recently had. They are certainly in a good position for getting a big model line addition and people wanting a new battletome to go with that.

   
Made in us
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle






Need bowtek guard!

Road to Renown! It's like classic Path to Glory, but repaired, remastered, expanded! https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/778170.page


I chose an avatar I feel best represents the quality of my post history. 
   
Made in tw
Longtime Dakkanaut





I think the near future holds alot of destruction and new-cast stuff with a sprinkling of chaos (I'm hopeful slaanesh will see the same kind uf support Nurgle has gotten over the past several years, but I won't be surprised if they move onto Khorne quickly. I reckon a lot will.depend on GWs plans for 40k.in regards to Fulgrim and Angron.

I just hope they reveal more warcry stuff soon.

   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





OKC, OK USA

Cronch wrote:
 His Master's Voice wrote:
The queue system allows the site to function during exceptionally high traffic periods. I suppose it doubles up as a mild anti bot solution.

Getting angry about it almost as bizarre as accusing GW of elitism, because they don't want their customers to look at a DDoSed site for a couple hours as everyone hits F5 over and over again.

Again, the idea of queue access isn't new. Other companies that release limited products do it all the time.
They put it only on the page of the limited product, or make a separate page for that product. GW just..slapped the thing on the whole website, so people who want to buy 2 pots of paint are forced to wait alongside the scalpers and FOMOboys.


Then you get multi-billion dollar companies like Hasbro that doesn't do it at all when their convention exclusives go online and goes out of stock in the middle of people hitting the "Checkout" button because they also have no way for the system to reserve cart held items.

There's no universal for this sort of thing and companies vastly larger than GW can't figure it out either.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/06/12 23:52:17


You know you're really doing something when you can make strangers hate you over the Internet. - Mauleed
Just remember folks. Panic. Panic all the time. It's the only way to survive, other than just being mindful, of course-but geez, that's so friggin' boring. - Aegis Grimm
Hallowed is the All Pie
The Before Times: A Place That Celebrates The World That Was 
   
Made in ca
Nihilistic Necron Lord




The best State-Texas

 Platuan4th wrote:
Cronch wrote:
 His Master's Voice wrote:
The queue system allows the site to function during exceptionally high traffic periods. I suppose it doubles up as a mild anti bot solution.

Getting angry about it almost as bizarre as accusing GW of elitism, because they don't want their customers to look at a DDoSed site for a couple hours as everyone hits F5 over and over again.

Again, the idea of queue access isn't new. Other companies that release limited products do it all the time.
They put it only on the page of the limited product, or make a separate page for that product. GW just..slapped the thing on the whole website, so people who want to buy 2 pots of paint are forced to wait alongside the scalpers and FOMOboys.


Then you get multi-billion dollar companies like Hasbro that doesn't do it at all when their convention exclusives go online and goes out of stock in the middle of people hitting the "Checkout" button because they also have no way for the system to reserve cart held items.

There's no universal for this sort of thing and companies vastly larger than GW can't figure it out either.


WOTC figured it out for their Secret Lair Drops, I'm not sure why that's not implemented across the broader Hasbro stuff.

4000+
6000+ Order. Unity. Obedience.
Thousand Sons 4000+
:Necron: Necron Discord: https://discord.com/invite/AGtpeD4  
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




 NinthMusketeer wrote:
Spoiler:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:
 lord_blackfang wrote:
ERJAK wrote:

 lord_blackfang wrote:
 NAVARRO wrote:
Minimum, max sizes can kiss my mushroom pads... so when are we going back to square bases?

Come to Kings of War, we have tactics

Ah yes, the wonderful KoW tactic of leaving for 30 minutes to do laundry and it literally doesn't matter.


Compared to the wonderful tactic of having to be there to roll saves and doubling the length of a match while having zero actual agency like GW had for 90% of its existance.
This comment is going to age well.


Anyways, I like the new reactions. They are strong, but limited by CP (another other limitations inherent to command abilities, if rumors are to be believed). However I note the shooting one vastly favors units with MW shooting who do not care about the hit roll. Lumineth come to mind, as do Skaven.


The reactions wouldn't be necessary if they simply switched to AA. 3.0 looks like the band-aid rule edition.
   
Made in ca
Long-Range Ultramarine Land Speeder Pilot






AA doesn't magically fix everything. The game needs to reign in shooting haves vs haves nots first.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/06/13 02:32:33


 Rippy wrote:
When you lose to a 7 year old, it's wise to not come and admit it and then try to blame the armies


Skaven - 4500
OBR - 4250
- 6800
- 4250
- 2750 
   
Made in us
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle






Blastaar wrote:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:
Spoiler:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:
 lord_blackfang wrote:
ERJAK wrote:

 lord_blackfang wrote:
 NAVARRO wrote:
Minimum, max sizes can kiss my mushroom pads... so when are we going back to square bases?

Come to Kings of War, we have tactics

Ah yes, the wonderful KoW tactic of leaving for 30 minutes to do laundry and it literally doesn't matter.


Compared to the wonderful tactic of having to be there to roll saves and doubling the length of a match while having zero actual agency like GW had for 90% of its existance.
This comment is going to age well.


Anyways, I like the new reactions. They are strong, but limited by CP (another other limitations inherent to command abilities, if rumors are to be believed). However I note the shooting one vastly favors units with MW shooting who do not care about the hit roll. Lumineth come to mind, as do Skaven.


The reactions wouldn't be necessary if they simply switched to AA. 3.0 looks like the band-aid rule edition.
No. AA is not a magic bullet that fixes everything, it just comes with a different set of issues. But I am willing to be convinced; show me the simple ruleset that converts AoS to AA effectively.

Road to Renown! It's like classic Path to Glory, but repaired, remastered, expanded! https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/778170.page


I chose an avatar I feel best represents the quality of my post history. 
   
Made in gb
Fresh-Faced New User




 MonkeyBallistic wrote:
Luke82 wrote:
I am incredulous that people can look at that photo of the old vs new stormcast and explain away the scale creep as 9 degree bent knees... why not just admit they are bigger? Minis are bigger now, so what?


I’m incredulous that there are people who have yet to realise that when you bend your knees, your head gets nearer the ground.


I noe reeding iz hard, but I never said that this wasnt the case, I just pointed out that I cant believe some people are trying to explain away the clearly embiggened, full head height difference as being down to a slight bend in the old one’s knees (or the thin layer of gravel under one foot of the new one for that matter).

Some folks just dont want to admit that GW make scale changes, I have no idea why.
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







 NinthMusketeer wrote:
Spoiler:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:
 lord_blackfang wrote:
ERJAK wrote:

 lord_blackfang wrote:
 NAVARRO wrote:
Minimum, max sizes can kiss my mushroom pads... so when are we going back to square bases?

Come to Kings of War, we have tactics

Ah yes, the wonderful KoW tactic of leaving for 30 minutes to do laundry and it literally doesn't matter.


Compared to the wonderful tactic of having to be there to roll saves and doubling the length of a match while having zero actual agency like GW had for 90% of its existance.
This comment is going to age well.


Anyways, I like the new reactions. They are strong, but limited by CP (another other limitations inherent to command abilities, if rumors are to be believed). However I note the shooting one vastly favors units with MW shooting who do not care about the hit roll. Lumineth come to mind, as do Skaven.


I'm sorry did I not use past tense correctly? I'm not a native speaker.

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in jp
[MOD]
Anti-piracy Officer






Somewhere in southern England.

Guys, let's discuss the scale politely, okay?

I'm writing a load of fiction. My latest story starts here... This is the index of all the stories...

We're not very big on official rules. Rules lead to people looking for loopholes. What's here is about it. 
   
Made in us
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle






Luke82 wrote:
 MonkeyBallistic wrote:
Luke82 wrote:
I am incredulous that people can look at that photo of the old vs new stormcast and explain away the scale creep as 9 degree bent knees... why not just admit they are bigger? Minis are bigger now, so what?


I’m incredulous that there are people who have yet to realise that when you bend your knees, your head gets nearer the ground.


I noe reeding iz hard, but I never said that this wasnt the case, I just pointed out that I cant believe some people are trying to explain away the clearly embiggened, full head height difference as being down to a slight bend in the old one’s knees (or the thin layer of gravel under one foot of the new one for that matter).

Some folks just don't want to admit that GW make scale changes, I have no idea why.
I legitimately look at it and do not see a scale increase. We'll have miniatures in-hand soon enough and can do manual comparisons to settle the matter.

Road to Renown! It's like classic Path to Glory, but repaired, remastered, expanded! https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/778170.page


I chose an avatar I feel best represents the quality of my post history. 
   
Made in gb
Fresh-Faced New User




I think its clearly gone up in size slightly compared to the old one, not a criticism which i can understand people defending against, just seems clear its bigger... if you cut its head off it would be the same size!

 Kilkrazy wrote:
Guys, let's discuss the scale politely, okay?


If this was for me, i am sorry if what i wrote came across as rude, was intended to be daft teasing not rude, not always easy to convey in text!
   
Made in us
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle






Hm, looking specially at the head I can see it--it looks like his head is higher up on a same-sized body. Looking at it from that perspective I can see it being a case of the armor being smaller while the body underneath is bigger. Now I am particularly excited to do some comparisons myself.

Road to Renown! It's like classic Path to Glory, but repaired, remastered, expanded! https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/778170.page


I chose an avatar I feel best represents the quality of my post history. 
   
Made in jp
Longtime Dakkanaut





So I'm the geek who measured the two minis. The distance from the belt buckle to the top of the head on both minis is exactly the same. The size of the heads hands and feet are all exactly the same. The difference is all in the thighs. The metal skirt (I'm not the kind of geek who knows the official names for these things) of the new figure stops well above the top of the knee roll. The leather skirt of the liberator (which is exactly the same length as the metal one) comes down well below the knee roll. It really is just the pose that is different and the fact that the spear adds to the impression of hight.
Edit- I added my own pic. As you can see there's a fair bit of height difference even between liberators.
[Thumb - PXL_20210613_082122096.PORTRAIT.jpg]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/06/13 08:26:31


 
   
Made in us
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle






Thanks a bunch! But...

Chikout wrote:
The metal skirt (I'm not the kind of geek who knows the official names for these things)
You aren't fooling anyone...


Road to Renown! It's like classic Path to Glory, but repaired, remastered, expanded! https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/778170.page


I chose an avatar I feel best represents the quality of my post history. 
   
Made in us
Stern Iron Priest with Thrall Bodyguard





Chikout wrote:
So I'm the geek who measured the two minis. The distance from the belt buckle to the top of the head on both minis is exactly the same. The size of the heads hands and feet are all exactly the same. The difference is all in the thighs. The metal skirt (I'm not the kind of geek who knows the official names for these things) of the new figure stops well above the top of the knee roll. The leather skirt of the liberator (which is exactly the same length as the metal one) comes down well below the knee roll. It really is just the pose that is different and the fact that the spear adds to the impression of hight.

It looks like the forearms, waist, and shins are narrower; can you confirm with your tools?
Those changes would definitely help give the impression of greater height.
The collar guard not going up to the ears would also help.

"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Stonecold Gimster






Luke82 wrote:

Some folks just dont want to admit that GW make scale changes, I have no idea why.

Had the same argument about this old GW vampire and the new vampire. Had someone tell me it was because I hadn't pressed the new vampire onto his base fully.



With regards to the AoS Marine, the new one looks slightly bigger taking the knee bend of the other into account. What annoys me more than the scale creep is the base size creep. It's getting close with some of the larger models, that I feel we're just pushing dinner plate size diaoramas at each other before rolling dice.

My Painting Blog: http://gimgamgoo.com/
Currently most played: Kill Team, Kings of War, Silent Death, Beyond the Gates of Antares, Dracula's America, Bolt Action (inc K47), DzC and X-Wing 
   
Made in jp
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Gimgamgoo wrote:
Luke82 wrote:

Some folks just dont want to admit that GW make scale changes, I have no idea why.

Had the same argument about this old GW vampire and the new vampire. Had someone tell me it was because I hadn't pressed the new vampire onto his base fully.



With regards to the AoS Marine, the new one looks slightly bigger taking the knee bend of the other into account. What annoys me more than the scale creep is the base size creep. It's getting close with some of the larger models, that I feel we're just pushing dinner plate size diaoramas at each other before rolling dice.


That's taking it to another level. There's no denying that scale creep is happening. Those vampires are particularly huge. I just think in this case, the new Stormcast are designed to be more slender and upright rather than broad and bulky. This particular case is more of a design shift than a scale shift.
   
Made in tw
Longtime Dakkanaut





I'm sad the new stormcasts are still so big- I was hoping they would actually be trimmed down and a bit shorter, but it saves me any money I might have been spending on them.

(Though I still might pick up a box for conversion possibilities. them being so tall opens up some fun avenues for making the custodes more in-line with the *visions of heresy artwork.)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/06/13 09:08:58


   
Made in us
Confessor Of Sins




Carlovonsexron wrote:
I think the near future holds alot of destruction and new-cast stuff with a sprinkling of chaos (I'm hopeful slaanesh will see the same kind uf support Nurgle has gotten over the past several years, but I won't be surprised if they move onto Khorne quickly. I reckon a lot will.depend on GWs plans for 40k.in regards to Fulgrim and Angron.

I just hope they reveal more warcry stuff soon.


Doesn't Slaanesh have like 3 times the number of kits nurgle have and twice the number of battletomes now? Or are you asking for less support?

2500pts
2500
3000


 
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

I think the only thing GW needs to do for the Demon armies is add more demons. Most of the AoS updates have thus far focused on leaders and mortal followers whilst updating some of the old demon sculpts to modern designs. I think they are now poised to add some actual demons into the forces. Some new monsters, not just big ones but medium and smaller ones too.

Its amazing to think that after 30 years Slaanesh still only has the fiend, deamonettes and seekers. I'd love to see a flying beast, or a serpent, or a huge hulking thing or such.

   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






Carlovonsexron wrote:
I'm sad the new stormcasts are still so big- I was hoping they would actually be trimmed down and a bit shorter, but it saves me any money I might have been spending on them.

(Though I still might pick up a box for conversion possibilities. them being so tall opens up some fun avenues for making the custodes more in-line with the *visions of heresy artwork.)


I don't think shorter Sigmarines were ever going to happen. Not sure where that idea comes from anyway. Our best bet is something stylistically similar for Cities of Sigmar. Sigmarines were introduced as big demigod hero dudes, and that's not going to change.

ERJAK wrote:
Carlovonsexron wrote:
I think the near future holds alot of destruction and new-cast stuff with a sprinkling of chaos (I'm hopeful slaanesh will see the same kind uf support Nurgle has gotten over the past several years, but I won't be surprised if they move onto Khorne quickly. I reckon a lot will.depend on GWs plans for 40k.in regards to Fulgrim and Angron.

I just hope they reveal more warcry stuff soon.


Doesn't Slaanesh have like 3 times the number of kits nurgle have and twice the number of battletomes now? Or are you asking for less support?


Might just be a question of perception. The focus on Nurgle in 40k and AoS certainly felt like it lasted forever. By contrast Slaanesh got a quick daemon release, and a long ass wait for a quick mortal release accompanied by a lot of complaints when the existence of that release was in doubt.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Overread wrote:
I think the only thing GW needs to do for the Demon armies is add more demons. Most of the AoS updates have thus far focused on leaders and mortal followers whilst updating some of the old demon sculpts to modern designs. I think they are now poised to add some actual demons into the forces. Some new monsters, not just big ones but medium and smaller ones too.

Its amazing to think that after 30 years Slaanesh still only has the fiend, deamonettes and seekers. I'd love to see a flying beast, or a serpent, or a huge hulking thing or such.


Or all of it combined: the amazing flying schlong monster!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/06/13 09:27:28


Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in us
Stern Iron Priest with Thrall Bodyguard





Or something tiny and swarming like nurglings or brimstone horrors.

"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in tw
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Overread wrote:
I think the only thing GW needs to do for the Demon armies is add more demons. Most of the AoS updates have thus far focused on leaders and mortal followers whilst updating some of the old demon sculpts to modern designs. I think they are now poised to add some actual demons into the forces. Some new monsters, not just big ones but medium and smaller ones too.

Its amazing to think that after 30 years Slaanesh still only has the fiend, deamonettes and seekers. I'd love to see a flying beast, or a serpent, or a huge hulking thing or such.


Keep the mortal train going as far as I'm concerned! Chaos mortals are by far the most versatile minis GW makes, both for in setting conversions (keeping them chaos or shift thing them over to order) but are typically the best minis to use in other games. Be those games other war games or things like RPG's.

   
Made in fi
Ye Lord of The End Times (and a good guy)





 Sasori wrote:
OBR article isn't really helpful. They are either going to need a brand new book or a major FAQ to get them to work with 3rd.


For what? Cp thing? That was already cp separate and frankly just cp+1. Only thing missing was reroll charges. Beside that they were just better and you had more.

At least now they won't be just superior cp and more of them. You have more but there's more stuff you can"t use them for. Still have several benefits they have over cp as well and gained new ones as well

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/06/13 10:29:30


2021 painted/bought: 538/575 
   
Made in si
Skillful Swordmaster





I will be forever saddened by the fact they've chosen the name 'redeploy' instead of 'run away!'.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/06/13 10:34:22


 
   
Made in fi
Ye Lord of The End Times (and a good guy)





 Knight wrote:
I will be forever saddened by the fact they've chosen the name 'redeploy' instead of 'run away!'.


Seeing one strong use(as i was pointed out) is running _toward_ enemy not really appropriate

2021 painted/bought: 538/575 
   
Made in us
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle






tneva82 wrote:
 Sasori wrote:
OBR article isn't really helpful. They are either going to need a brand new book or a major FAQ to get them to work with 3rd.


For what? Cp thing? That was already cp separate and frankly just cp+1. Only thing missing was reroll charges. Beside that they were just better and you had more.

At least now they won't be just superior cp and more of them. You have more but there's more stuff you can"t use them for. Still have several benefits they have over cp as well and gained new ones as well
Relentless Discipline is completely divulged from CP, so I don't think that's what he was referring to.

Road to Renown! It's like classic Path to Glory, but repaired, remastered, expanded! https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/778170.page


I chose an avatar I feel best represents the quality of my post history. 
   
Made in es
Fresh-Faced New User





I think Slaanesh is done for a while, at least until a new battletome comes some years in the future. Specially with the Dexcessa/Synessa release (effectively "Daemon Princes of Slaanesh").

But I stil theorize about 40k daemon releases expanding the Daemonettes (there are some redesigned Daemonettes depicted in art wielding weird weapons and spiky armor). Specially the finecast herald (depicted as a 4 arms Daemonette with a staff in the art).

There are some things we know can be future releases. Exalted Seekers (Daemonettes in the new seeker as a way to slowly remove old seekers and Hellstriders from the game) Chariots pulled by the Exalted Seekers. The comeback of the Lord on Boobsnake (Sigvald did the same of turning into a generic chaos lord until he finally came back resculpted) to fix the lack of a mounted mortal lord in the whole army.

The two heroes are the most probable (Viceleader and Booblord) and they would fit duel boxes well.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: