Switch Theme:

[40K] Kill Team News & Rumours page 148 : Arena expansion, new warzone and new models  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





Guys, skulls are clearly for organised military or religious outfits, not random ship crews. Replacing broken skull iconography requires a steady supply chain and logistics.

PS: Sooo eager to get that box. GW is killing my wallet. I hope it joins the paradise of Nurgle in the warp.

Looking for a Skaven Doomwheel banner to repair my Nurgle knights.  
   
Made in nl
Stone Bonkers Fabricator General




We'll find out soon enough eh.

 Mr_Rose wrote:
Davor wrote:
Can someone explain to me what Kill Teams is. Memory is fading and I can't remember. Is this the expansion of Shadow Wars Armageddon or is it something totally different?

Kill Team used to be a minor expansion for 40k (white dwarf exclusive at first, then there was a boxed set for 7e) that catered for extremely small scale (a single squad or so) games by altering the base rules and army comp. slightly but was just 40k. The new version out soon is the same squad-level combat as far as anyone knows, but is using its own rules, it’s own army lists, and (hypothetically) it’s own campaign system for linked games.
No-one has any actual details at this time though, apart from the fact that Rogue Traders are apparently one of the factions, and that there are d10 dice involved somehow.


Ackshoolee, KT was originally a minigame designed around asymmetrical scenarios where one player took on the role of the titular Kill Team and the other controlled a much larger group of mook enemies who started out largely "dormant" until the KT player triggered an alarm or a sentry. They later appropriated the name for the fairly pish 40K "skirmish mode" rules. This new version seems different again, something more like the fan Inquisimunda system perhaps? But yeah as you say we don't really know any specifics.

 Binabik15 wrote:
Guys, skulls are clearly for organised military or religious outfits, not random ship crews. Replacing broken skull iconography requires a steady supply chain and logistics.


You joke, but I actually did a whole Dark Heresy campaign based on that concept - Ephyra, a world with a rigid cast system where roles are enforced by an implant that deadens all joy, hope, and dopamine responses unless someone is performing their assigned work essentially addicting them to it, the main export being servitors and servo-skulls, but as shipments of prisoners to use as source material declined and the Mechanicus refused to expand access to vat growth tech, many of the guilds began turning to "Flenser" gangs, lunatic outcast meat processing workers or unemployed guild workers driven insane by first being compelled by their implants to carry on their work and then by the horror of realisation as the implant allows them to feel again and they have to carve up unwilling victims abducted from low-hive communities.

I was quite proud of that one, at one stage I very nearly managed to make one of my players puke

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/07/03 17:51:04


I need to acquire plastic Skavenslaves, can you help?
I have a blog now, evidently. Featuring the Alternative Mordheim Model Megalist.

"Your society's broken, so who should we blame? Should we blame the rich, powerful people who caused it? No, lets blame the people with no power and no money and those immigrants who don't even have the vote. Yea, it must be their fething fault." - Iain M Banks
-----
"The language of modern British politics is meant to sound benign. But words do not mean what they seem to mean. 'Reform' actually means 'cut' or 'end'. 'Flexibility' really means 'exploit'. 'Prudence' really means 'don't invest'. And 'efficient'? That means whatever you want it to mean, usually 'cut'. All really mean 'keep wages low for the masses, taxes low for the rich, profits high for the corporations, and accept the decline in public services and amenities this will cause'." - Robin McAlpine from Common Weal 
   
Made in ca
Fixture of Dakka




Thanks guys for the help.

zamerion wrote:
From faeit.
Confirmation that rogue trader is expansion of kill team

Spoiler:



Trying to learn what Kill Teams is I went to Faeit site and I don't see him anywhere say it's an expansion. So I am puzzled what Zamerion means confirmation of an expansion. If this is an expansion does this mean we need to buy something else? That is why I asked if it was Shadow Wars Armageddon. Since it's not, I am still puzzled. Is it something new or an expansion to something else?

Agies Grimm:The "Learn to play, bro" mentality is mostly just a way for someone to try to shame you by implying that their metaphorical nerd-wiener is bigger than yours. Which, ironically, I think nerds do even more vehemently than jocks.

Everything is made up and the points don't matter. 40K or Who's Line is it Anyway?

Auticus wrote: Or in summation: its ok to exploit shoddy points because those are rules and gamers exist to find rules loopholes (they are still "legal"), but if the same force can be composed without structure, it emotionally feels "wrong".  
   
Made in us
Willing Inquisitorial Excruciator





KILL TEAM is a standalone 40K 'skirmish' scale game.

ROGUE TRADER is an expansion for KILL TEAM.

Insidious Intriguer 
   
Made in us
Major




In a van down by the river

Davor wrote:
Trying to learn what Kill Teams is I went to Faeit site and I don't see him anywhere say it's an expansion. So I am puzzled what Zamerion means confirmation of an expansion. If this is an expansion does this mean we need to buy something else? That is why I asked if it was Shadow Wars Armageddon. Since it's not, I am still puzzled. Is it something new or an expansion to something else?


Still somewhat speculative because details haven't been forthcoming yet. The theory is that there's a "core system" for Kill Team that draws from the existing 40k armies and model ranges. Then there's Rogue Trader as an "expansion" that introduces new models and ranges; mainly the eponymous "Rogue Trader" group. Likely they would later be added to 40k in an Agents of the Imperium-style, but since that Codex is no where on the horizon it seems proper to call it a "Kill Team" expansion.

More confirmation (or denial) coming as the release draws closer.
   
Made in us
Sword-Bearing Inquisitorial Crusader





It still is bizarre to me that we somehow know more about the expansion to Kill Team that is coming out next quarter than the actual game which is coming out in three or four weeks. Either way, I'm looking forward to both!


 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





From the cover of what is presumably Kill team with the quote from the genestealer revolutionary, doesn't look like those new models are going to be part of the Kill Team release but as an add on to the army coinciding with it.

Last few boxes have had all the new models in the artwork, but these just look like the two basic sets to me.Unless they've trimmed off the two leaders who would otherwise be framing the picture - though that seems unlikely to me.
   
Made in gb
Impassive Inquisitorial Interrogator




U.K.

 Sabotage! wrote:
It still is bizarre to me that we somehow know more about the expansion to Kill Team that is coming out next quarter than the actual game which is coming out in three or four weeks. Either way, I'm looking forward to both!


Really? How are you seeing that? We've had a video showing different kill zones, rules and new terrain. The RT video showed new models and the board

3 SPRUUUUUEESSSS!!!!
JWBS wrote:

I'm not going to re-read the lunacy that is the last few pages of this thread, but I'd be very surprised if anyone actually said that. Even that one guy banging on about how relatively difficult it might be for an Inquisitor to acquire power armour, I don't think even that guy said that.
 
   
Made in fr
Longtime Dakkanaut




Rogue trader has been confirmed to be a KT expansion a while back, by GW itself I believe.

In any case, the new art is GSC vs. Skitarii. The video heavily featured these two factions (or more precisely the basic infantry kit of each one of them), so a box with GSC neophyte + Skitarii rangers + some new terrain seems like a likely starter box, more than ever.
I sure hope they'll release the rulebook by itself. Given that Shadespire, Necromunda, and Bloodbowl still don't have separate rulebooks, there's a risk we'll have to buy the box. But it might not be a specialist game (didn't see any info on that), and might be seen as a good way to have people start playing with a minimal investment (as a single infantry kit will probably be enough to start), so there's hope.
   
Made in de
Poxed Plague Monk





Any links to the transcripted rules from the teaser video?

6k 6k
3k 1k
 
   
Made in fr
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Inquisitor Kallus wrote:
 Sabotage! wrote:
It still is bizarre to me that we somehow know more about the expansion to Kill Team that is coming out next quarter than the actual game which is coming out in three or four weeks. Either way, I'm looking forward to both!


Really? How are you seeing that? We've had a video showing different kill zones, rules and new terrain. The RT video showed new models and the board

The content of the RT box is know. It's all you see in the video.
The content of the KT box is however still a mystery. And we have no idea if a rulebook or terrain will be available separately.
   
Made in vn
Longtime Dakkanaut




He mean we still didn't know what is actually in the Kill team box. There are no new models in the trailer, and then there're expansion with new model, and then more new models.
   
Made in us
Lieutenant General





Florence, KY

fresus wrote:
I sure hope they'll release the rulebook by itself. Given that Shadespire, Necromunda, and Bloodbowl still don't have separate rulebooks, there's a risk we'll have to buy the box.

The Shadespire rules are a free PDF download from Games Workshop on the Warhammer Underworlds website:

https://warhammerunderworlds.com/

'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in ie
Fresh-Faced New User




I have a hazy memory that a couple of months ago from a White Dwarf letters page. Someone wrote a letter reminiscing about Inquisitor style games and asking if we'll ever see anything like it again which was replied with a "maybe one day, who knows?". From what it we're seeing of Kill Team: Rogue Trader, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a future Inquismunda book.

40K 8th Edition for mass battles --》Kill Team for skirmish --》Rogue Trader for detailed narrative scenarios?
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka






 Haighus wrote:
That Ork also looks to have a riot shield...?


It’s his Choppa. Zoom in and you can tell.

"The Omnissiah is my Moderati" 
   
Made in se
Lead-Footed Trukkboy Driver





Stockholm, Sweden

Ancient Otter wrote:
replied with a "maybe one day, who knows?"


Well, they gave the same reply to the question if Brettonians would ever come back, so I wouldn’t read too much into it...

Oguhmek paints Orks (and Necrons): 'Ere we go!
 
   
Made in gb
Boom! Leman Russ Commander





The Shire(s)

 Nostromodamus wrote:
 Haighus wrote:
That Ork also looks to have a riot shield...?


It’s his Choppa. Zoom in and you can tell.

So it is. There is an optical illusion of the helmet combined with the axe blade.

 ChargerIIC wrote:
If algae farm paste with a little bit of your grandfather in it isn't Grimdark I don't know what is.
 
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Yodhrin wrote:
 Mr_Rose wrote:
Davor wrote:
Can someone explain to me what Kill Teams is. Memory is fading and I can't remember. Is this the expansion of Shadow Wars Armageddon or is it something totally different?

Kill Team used to be a minor expansion for 40k (white dwarf exclusive at first, then there was a boxed set for 7e) that catered for extremely small scale (a single squad or so) games by altering the base rules and army comp. slightly but was just 40k. The new version out soon is the same squad-level combat as far as anyone knows, but is using its own rules, it’s own army lists, and (hypothetically) it’s own campaign system for linked games.
No-one has any actual details at this time though, apart from the fact that Rogue Traders are apparently one of the factions, and that there are d10 dice involved somehow.


Ackshoolee, KT was originally a minigame designed around asymmetrical scenarios where one player took on the role of the titular Kill Team and the other controlled a much larger group of mook enemies who started out largely "dormant" until the KT player triggered an alarm or a sentry. They later appropriated the name for the fairly pish 40K "skirmish mode" rules. This new version seems different again, something more like the fan Inquisimunda system perhaps? But yeah as you say we don't really know any specifics.

 Binabik15 wrote:
Guys, skulls are clearly for organised military or religious outfits, not random ship crews. Replacing broken skull iconography requires a steady supply chain and logistics.


You joke, but I actually did a whole Dark Heresy campaign based on that concept - Ephyra, a world with a rigid cast system where roles are enforced by an implant that deadens all joy, hope, and dopamine responses unless someone is performing their assigned work essentially addicting them to it, the main export being servitors and servo-skulls, but as shipments of prisoners to use as source material declined and the Mechanicus refused to expand access to vat growth tech, many of the guilds began turning to "Flenser" gangs, lunatic outcast meat processing workers or unemployed guild workers driven insane by first being compelled by their implants to carry on their work and then by the horror of realisation as the implant allows them to feel again and they have to carve up unwilling victims abducted from low-hive communities.

I was quite proud of that one, at one stage I very nearly managed to make one of my players puke



Sounds like half the neurosurgeons I've assisted so far

Seems like a cool campaign.

Looking for a Skaven Doomwheel banner to repair my Nurgle knights.  
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




 Mysterio wrote:
KILL TEAM is a standalone 40K 'skirmish' scale game.

ROGUE TRADER is an expansion for KILL TEAM.


I don’t get it.
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka





TN/AL/MS state line.

JSG wrote:
 Mysterio wrote:
KILL TEAM is a standalone 40K 'skirmish' scale game.

ROGUE TRADER is an expansion for KILL TEAM.


I don’t get it.


Kill Team is a game. Rogue Trader is an expansion to that game. Rogue Trader will possibly add various rules and/or factions to Kill Team.

Black Bases and Grey Plastic Forever:My quaint little hobby blog.

40k- The Kumunga Swarm (more)
Count Mortimer’s Private Security Force/Excavation Team (building)
Kabal of the Grieving Widow (less)

Plus other games- miniature and cardboard both. 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




 Sinful Hero wrote:
JSG wrote:
 Mysterio wrote:
KILL TEAM is a standalone 40K 'skirmish' scale game.

ROGUE TRADER is an expansion for KILL TEAM.


I don’t get it.


Kill Team is a game. Rogue Trader is an expansion to that game. Rogue Trader will possibly add various rules and/or factions to Kill Team.


I was joking.
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka





TN/AL/MS state line.

JSG wrote:
 Sinful Hero wrote:
JSG wrote:
 Mysterio wrote:
KILL TEAM is a standalone 40K 'skirmish' scale game.

ROGUE TRADER is an expansion for KILL TEAM.


I don’t get it.


Kill Team is a game. Rogue Trader is an expansion to that game. Rogue Trader will possibly add various rules and/or factions to Kill Team.


I was joking.

Glad to hear it. Most folks add a /s to the end of their posts for sarcasm. Sometimes hard to tell through text.

Black Bases and Grey Plastic Forever:My quaint little hobby blog.

40k- The Kumunga Swarm (more)
Count Mortimer’s Private Security Force/Excavation Team (building)
Kabal of the Grieving Widow (less)

Plus other games- miniature and cardboard both. 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Myrtle Creek, OR

 Ghaz wrote:
fresus wrote:
I sure hope they'll release the rulebook by itself. Given that Shadespire, Necromunda, and Bloodbowl still don't have separate rulebooks, there's a risk we'll have to buy the box.

The Shadespire rules are a free PDF download from Games Workshop on the Warhammer Underworlds website:

https://warhammerunderworlds.com/


And Blood Bowl's core rules are available as an e-pub for $10 USD.
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Blood-Bowl-The-Rules-ePub-2017
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran






A small town at the foothills of the beautiful Cascade Mountains

I think the character on the left of the rulebook is the same as the miniature in the upper right of the photo.





http://mezmaronslair.blogspot.com/

Mez

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/07/04 16:32:26


***Visit Mezmaron's Lair, my blog....***
40K: Classic 'Cron Raiders Hive Fleet Kraken Alaitoc Craftworld |
FOW:
Polish 1st Armoured Polish 1st Airbourne German Kampfgruppe Knaust |
RK
: Cerci Speed Circuit, Black Diamond Corps | 
   
Made in vn
Longtime Dakkanaut




It's the box cover for that expansion......

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/07/04 16:48:07


 
   
Made in us
Hubcap





South Carolina, United States

Chopstick wrote:
It's the box cover for that expansion......

Seems to be a picture of the cover of a rulebook or some sort of booklet actually, but the box would probably have the same or similar art to this.
   
Made in nl
Stalwart Veteran Guard Sergeant





Segmentum Solar

 Mezmaron wrote:
I think the character on the left of the rulebook is the same as the miniature in the upper right of the photo.





http://mezmaronslair.blogspot.com/

Mez

Yeah, I think all characters and creatures on that cover can be found among the miniatures in that photo/video.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/07/04 17:25:51


 
   
Made in nl
Stalwart Veteran Guard Sergeant





Segmentum Solar

The Skitarii counterpart pic to yesterday’s genestealer hybrids, from FB.

Anyone know which forgeworld that colour scheme is? I like it a lot.
[Thumb - F65E991A-970A-4171-8BCD-34B5F99AF466.jpeg]

   
Made in es
Longtime Dakkanaut





   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 Insane Ivan wrote:
The Skitarii counterpart pic to yesterday’s genestealer hybrids, from FB.

Anyone know which forgeworld that colour scheme is? I like it a lot.

Stygies VIII.

Black robes with red armor, and they sometimes ditch their robes to pretend they're Martians.

If this box contains Stygies decals, I'm buying three. At least.
Or begging/buying decals off people.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/07/04 17:29:24


 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: