Switch Theme:

Age of Sigmar N & R: AoS v3 and Dominion p.172.  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle






 mokoshkana wrote:
What does any of this have to do with AoS news and or rumors? Take this back and forth nonsense elsewhere please.
Ach, you're right--this isn't really about the production limits of Dominion. I apologize.

Road to Renown! It's like classic Path to Glory, but repaired, remastered, expanded! https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/778170.page

I chose an avatar I feel best represents the quality of my post history.
ERJAK wrote:
...probably has a some amount of Nazi memorabilia, has many concerning opinions about racial and cultural minorities, and/or likely refers to women as 'females'.
--Saying this about another member does not violate Dakka's Rule #1, apparently. 
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block




So anyone got info on the white dwarf article featuring the ogor mercenaries of Excelsis? Haven’t been able to get the WD or find any info of it online.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Savage Minotaur




Baltimore, Maryland

dogfender wrote:
So anyone got info on the white dwarf article featuring the ogor mercenaries of Excelsis? Haven’t been able to get the WD or find any info of it online.


I don’t think its out yet.

"Sometimes the only victory possible is to keep your opponent from winning." - The Emperor, from The Outcast Dead.
"Tell your gods we are coming for them, and that their realms will burn as ours did." -Thostos Bladestorm
 
   
Made in gb
Bane Knight






dogfender wrote:
So anyone got info on the white dwarf article featuring the ogor mercenaries of Excelsis? Haven’t been able to get the WD or find any info of it online.


Sure, it’s an expanded story about how the various destruction forces arrived around Excelsis including the ogres being inside the city.

Then some rules for the named giant who comes in from the sea and the ogre merc box.

It’s a decent extra chunk of narrative, not sure why it couldn’t have been in the book but more background is good.

...and you will know me by the trail of my lead... 
   
Made in fi
Courageous Space Marine Captain






 JonWebb wrote:
dogfender wrote:
So anyone got info on the white dwarf article featuring the ogor mercenaries of Excelsis? Haven’t been able to get the WD or find any info of it online.


Sure, it’s an expanded story about how the various destruction forces arrived around Excelsis including the ogres being inside the city.

Then some rules for the named giant who comes in from the sea and the ogre merc box.

It’s a decent extra chunk of narrative, not sure why it couldn’t have been in the book but more background is good.


But are there rules for using ogors with Order?

   
Made in fi
Ye Lord of The End Times (and a good guy)





Well spotted list guy made with new points for orruks. Old 2290 pts went to 2680 pts. So about 17% increases to points.

Bigger change than I expected O_o Brutes and monster leaders in particular went up.

My lumineth are nervous. I'm expecting them to get bigger than average increases so wonder how many units I need to strip down

Wonder if there isn't demand to increase points to say 2400 Players have funny habit of reacting to point increases by upping game size.

edit: Was talking on local chat and sons of behemoth came to subject. Made quick calculation. Orruks went up 17% or so in average. Putting that increase to SOB units and...warstomper 560(the others 570), mancrushers 210? suspiciously that's 980 pts for warstomper and 2 mancrushers which would be minimum you need for 1k. Wonder how much off that is.

SOB are in bit of spot because they can't afford much of price hikes without either ending up lots of behind or above limits. Flipside of few expensive models. Not much room to tweak.

Allegiance: Ironjawz
Gordrakk the Fist of Gork (540) 600
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460) 540
- Boss Gore-hacka and Choppa
Orruk Megaboss (140) 160
Orruk Warchanter (110) 140
Orruk Warchanter (110) 140
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120) 130
5 x Orruk Brutes (130) 180
- Pair of Brute Choppas
3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (160) 190
- Pig-iron Choppas
5 x Orruk Ardboys (100) 120
Rogue Idol (420) 480

Total: 2290 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 112

That's btw list. Last number is the new price. So brutes went rom 130 to 180.

No quarantees this is real or accurate mind you.

Looking at it monsters and heroes got increase but units more. Kind of fits with GW's seeming overall goal of pushing monsters and heroes.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/06/17 10:02:39


2021 painted/bought: 538/575 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

Yndrasta article today

Thought this bit was kinda interesting:
Who Is Yndrasta?
This warrior-angel was once a tribal chieftain of a Ghurish nation, who rode a Pegasus alongside her fellow knights. Together, these warriors fought to hold back the rising tide of beasts and raiders that plagued their harsh homeland, but it was Doombreed, a champion of the Blood God, that finally brought Yndrasta’s people low.

To buy time for her tribe to evacuate, Yndrasta rode out to meet the daemon king in a duel she couldn’t hope to win. Though mortally wounded during the fight, she thrust her spear into Doombreed’s side in a final act of defiance and beseeched Sigmar to destroy them both with holy lightning.
It’s said that Sigmar heard her prayer and hurled one of his Great Bolts that day, then he lifted her soul to Azyr. The God-King personally laboured over Yndrasta’s Reforging, imbuing her with great gifts and granting her the rank of Prime Huntress.

Yndrasta was to be among his mightiest champions, tasked with seeking out the greatest beasts across the realms. Sigmar also gave her the ensorcelled spear, Thengavar, wrought from the same steel as his own polearm.
   
Made in gb
Last Remaining Whole C'Tan






Doombreed!

Doombreed!


DOOMBREED!!!!!!

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

I was more excited about pegasi, but sure Doc.
   
Made in us
Lieutenant General





Florence, KY

 Kanluwen wrote:
Yndrasta article today

Thought this bit was kinda interesting:
Who Is Yndrasta?
This warrior-angel was once a tribal chieftain of a Ghurish nation, who rode a Pegasus alongside her fellow knights. Together, these warriors fought to hold back the rising tide of beasts and raiders that plagued their harsh homeland, but it was Doombreed, a champion of the Blood God, that finally brought Yndrasta’s people low.

To buy time for her tribe to evacuate, Yndrasta rode out to meet the daemon king in a duel she couldn’t hope to win. Though mortally wounded during the fight, she thrust her spear into Doombreed’s side in a final act of defiance and beseeched Sigmar to destroy them both with holy lightning.
It’s said that Sigmar heard her prayer and hurled one of his Great Bolts that day, then he lifted her soul to Azyr. The God-King personally laboured over Yndrasta’s Reforging, imbuing her with great gifts and granting her the rank of Prime Huntress.

Yndrasta was to be among his mightiest champions, tasked with seeking out the greatest beasts across the realms. Sigmar also gave her the ensorcelled spear, Thengavar, wrought from the same steel as his own polearm.

You left out the interesting part about Yndrasta...

What’s With the Head-hunting?
Oh boy, Yndrasta has a bit of a thing for chopping off the heads of her foes and keeping them as mementoes. Her chambers are tastefully decorated with many severed noggins from her legendary kills, and she has an unsettling habit of placing her trophies at the feet of Sigmar without a word – the ultimate flex to mark herself as his favourite.

Her savagery and drive are an inspiration to the Stormcast Eternals who fight alongside her. But they are also a warning. There are whispered rumours that she’s gone too far in her vengeance and that she’s lost too much of herself. Nobody questions her skill and valour, but there’s something unnerving about the cold satisfaction she takes in slaughter.

'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in us
Is 'Eavy Metal Calling?





Affton, MO. USA

 Ghaz wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
Yndrasta article today

Thought this bit was kinda interesting:
Who Is Yndrasta?
This warrior-angel was once a tribal chieftain of a Ghurish nation, who rode a Pegasus alongside her fellow knights. Together, these warriors fought to hold back the rising tide of beasts and raiders that plagued their harsh homeland, but it was Doombreed, a champion of the Blood God, that finally brought Yndrasta’s people low.

To buy time for her tribe to evacuate, Yndrasta rode out to meet the daemon king in a duel she couldn’t hope to win. Though mortally wounded during the fight, she thrust her spear into Doombreed’s side in a final act of defiance and beseeched Sigmar to destroy them both with holy lightning.
It’s said that Sigmar heard her prayer and hurled one of his Great Bolts that day, then he lifted her soul to Azyr. The God-King personally laboured over Yndrasta’s Reforging, imbuing her with great gifts and granting her the rank of Prime Huntress.

Yndrasta was to be among his mightiest champions, tasked with seeking out the greatest beasts across the realms. Sigmar also gave her the ensorcelled spear, Thengavar, wrought from the same steel as his own polearm.

You left out the interesting part about Yndrasta...

What’s With the Head-hunting?
Oh boy, Yndrasta has a bit of a thing for chopping off the heads of her foes and keeping them as mementoes. Her chambers are tastefully decorated with many severed noggins from her legendary kills, and she has an unsettling habit of placing her trophies at the feet of Sigmar without a word – the ultimate flex to mark herself as his favourite.

Her savagery and drive are an inspiration to the Stormcast Eternals who fight alongside her. But they are also a warning. There are whispered rumours that she’s gone too far in her vengeance and that she’s lost too much of herself. Nobody questions her skill and valour, but there’s something unnerving about the cold satisfaction she takes in slaughter.


Almost like they are setting her up to fall to Chaos . She got a little DOOMBREED in her when Sigmar scooped up her soul.

LOL, Theo your mind is an amazing place, never change.-camkierhi 9/19/13
I cant believe theo is right.. damn. -comradepanda 9/26/13
None of the strange ideas we had about you involved your sexual orientation..........-Monkeytroll 12/10/13

I'd put you on ignore for that comment, if I could...Alpharius 2/11/14 
   
Made in gb
Last Remaining Whole C'Tan






 Kanluwen wrote:
I was more excited about pegasi, but sure Doc.


Doombreed?

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in us
Prescient Cryptek of Eternity






I’m naming the Pegasus “Mr. Horse”.

 
   
Made in us
Blood Angel Terminator with Lightning Claws





Norfolk, NE

Yndrasta is a weird way to spell Sanguinius in AoS.



Something is happening on the 24th, we sent you a poster.
 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut






Hey, you won't find me complaining if we ever get Valkia 2.0
   
Made in si
Skillful Swordmaster





My lumineth are nervous. I'm expecting them to get bigger than average increases so wonder how many units I need to strip down


Apart from Sentinels, I'm not really feeling any particular need for point increases. I'd expect monsters and heroes will be the ones that are on the receiving end of point adjustments, even here I'd be cautious because some heroes are simply not a very attractive pick.
   
Made in us
Paramount Plague Censer Bearer





Texas

You left out the interesting part about Yndrasta...

What’s With the Head-hunting?
Oh boy, Yndrasta has a bit of a thing for chopping off the heads of her foes and keeping them as mementoes. Her chambers are tastefully decorated with many severed noggins from her legendary kills, and she has an unsettling habit of placing her trophies at the feet of Sigmar without a word – the ultimate flex to mark herself as his favourite.

Her savagery and drive are an inspiration to the Stormcast Eternals who fight alongside her. But they are also a warning. There are whispered rumours that she’s gone too far in her vengeance and that she’s lost too much of herself. Nobody questions her skill and valour, but there’s something unnerving about the cold satisfaction she takes in slaughter.


Something...somerhing...Blood and Skulls for our Lord...something...something...

Urusei Yatsura, Cerebus the Aardvark, Machiavelli, Plato and Happy Days. So, how was your childhood?

DC:70S+G++M+++B+I-Pat43/f+D++A(WTF)/eWD079R+++T(R)DM+ 
   
Made in us
Lieutenant General





Florence, KY

'There’s a New Timeline on the Warhammer Age of Sigmar Website, and It’s Packed With Juicy Details' on Warhammer Community:





https://ageofsigmar.com/explore-the-realms/order/

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/06/17 14:05:58


'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




I don't think a single thing in that timelne is actually new tho?
   
Made in us
Lieutenant General





Florence, KY

'Command the New Edition’s Most Diverse Army Roster With the Cities of Sigmar' on Warhammer Community:

Spoiler:









'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in us
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader





Kind of a bummer that all their abilities to gain command points happen in their own hero phase.

If you go first, you get a ton of points to spend on cool reactive abilities. If you don't? Well, you get the base amount of points... which you can pretty safely spend reactively and be confident you'll have some points to play with in your own turn.
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







What is this "pegasus" thing? Surely they meant to write Skydasher Hoofwings?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/06/17 15:30:12


Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in si
Skillful Swordmaster





I like how they've used an image with OOP models on it (Shadow warriors with Tiranioc chariots).
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

Yeah, the image must have been from the Swifthawk Agents timeframe.
   
Made in us
Nervous Hellblaster Crewman




squatting in a sewer counting pennies

 Knight wrote:
I like how they've used an image with OOP models on it (Shadow warriors with Tiranioc chariots).


I think I see a mounted Empire General in there too..
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




Man, GW's obsession with rerolls, and positive/negative modifiers to a handful of mechanics is so boring.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Duardin got the short straw. No love in that article, except for artwork of gyrocopters and a warrior. Sadly, the whole no artwork without a model thing is gone, otherwise I'd be hopeful for new warriors.

Though Grungni is back...
   
Made in us
Stern Iron Priest with Thrall Bodyguard





 Ghaz wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
Yndrasta article today

Thought this bit was kinda interesting:
Who Is Yndrasta?
This warrior-angel was once a tribal chieftain of a Ghurish nation, who rode a Pegasus alongside her fellow knights. Together, these warriors fought to hold back the rising tide of beasts and raiders that plagued their harsh homeland, but it was Doombreed, a champion of the Blood God, that finally brought Yndrasta’s people low.

To buy time for her tribe to evacuate, Yndrasta rode out to meet the daemon king in a duel she couldn’t hope to win. Though mortally wounded during the fight, she thrust her spear into Doombreed’s side in a final act of defiance and beseeched Sigmar to destroy them both with holy lightning.
It’s said that Sigmar heard her prayer and hurled one of his Great Bolts that day, then he lifted her soul to Azyr. The God-King personally laboured over Yndrasta’s Reforging, imbuing her with great gifts and granting her the rank of Prime Huntress.

Yndrasta was to be among his mightiest champions, tasked with seeking out the greatest beasts across the realms. Sigmar also gave her the ensorcelled spear, Thengavar, wrought from the same steel as his own polearm.

You left out the interesting part about Yndrasta...

What’s With the Head-hunting?
Oh boy, Yndrasta has a bit of a thing for chopping off the heads of her foes and keeping them as mementoes. Her chambers are tastefully decorated with many severed noggins from her legendary kills, and she has an unsettling habit of placing her trophies at the feet of Sigmar without a word – the ultimate flex to mark herself as his favourite.

Her savagery and drive are an inspiration to the Stormcast Eternals who fight alongside her. But they are also a warning. There are whispered rumours that she’s gone too far in her vengeance and that she’s lost too much of herself. Nobody questions her skill and valour, but there’s something unnerving about the cold satisfaction she takes in slaughter.

I see everyone in here talking about her “falling to chaos” or something and I’m like “have you never owned a cat?”
Seriously, she’s just trying to teach Sigmar how to do this whole hunting thing properly

"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Savage Minotaur




Baltimore, Maryland

Meanwhile, poor Knight-Zephyros Neave Blacktalon is shuffling through the unemployment line, having her job taken by the new girl on campus.

"Sometimes the only victory possible is to keep your opponent from winning." - The Emperor, from The Outcast Dead.
"Tell your gods we are coming for them, and that their realms will burn as ours did." -Thostos Bladestorm
 
   
Made in fi
Ye Lord of The End Times (and a good guy)





 Knight wrote:
My lumineth are nervous. I'm expecting them to get bigger than average increases so wonder how many units I need to strip down


Apart from Sentinels, I'm not really feeling any particular need for point increases. I'd expect monsters and heroes will be the ones that are on the receiving end of point adjustments, even here I'd be cautious because some heroes are simply not a very attractive pick.


Except looks it's game wide rescaling points much like 40k 9e did.

It's not just balance. It's reducing army sizes. Maybe to make entry to hobby less expensive. And fastens game.

Assuming leak true(stream preview of ghb starts in 5 mins) whole dok got 10-60 pts hike per unit and orks average 17% drop by the looks of it.

40k had this in 9e. Not that unexpected. That's why also "lumineth is new army. No tournament data to support balance changes" runs short. It's not just balance. It's literally shrinking game size.

And it's not like it's BAD idea if done right. It can be done to do following:

A) cheaper to get army. New blood easier to attract, old players might want to start new armies if start doesn't cost 600 bucks
B) faster games. Less models, faster end
C) more room to separate units. If units keeps getting cheaper and cheaper soon it's hard to separate costs. Elites too close to cheap units but if you drop cheap units costs you get to ridiculous values. Changes in point costs also more impactful at the bottom. 60 for 20 to 80 in 20, 1pts change per model, lot biggei than 150 for 20 to 170 in 20.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/06/17 19:06:46


2021 painted/bought: 538/575 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: