Switch Theme:

Age of Sigmar N & R: AoS v3 and Dominion p.172.  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Lieutenant General





Florence, KY

 TalonZahn wrote:
The Queue for Australia is now up for the site.


So it looks like 1.5 hours before actual Pre-Order time listed.

[Edit] It is also now up on the U.S. site

The queue is down for now. Expect it to go up for at least 15 to 30 minutes as each pre-order time goes live.

'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Wasn't expecting some of the models to be on shared sprues that were. I guess it's on par with Indomitus though, but hopefully the really good ones get a second life in mini starter sets and not over priced boxes like what happened to the Radukar's court or the indomitus stuff
   
Made in jp
Longtime Dakkanaut





 GaroRobe wrote:
Wasn't expecting some of the models to be on shared sprues that were. I guess it's on par with Indomitus though, but hopefully the really good ones get a second life in mini starter sets and not over priced boxes like what happened to the Radukar's court or the indomitus stuff

If if follows the Indomitus pattern, the two big sprues with Yndrasta and the Gnashtoof will be sold individually for a high price. The other sprues will be in reasonably priced starter sets.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





And the two single smaller characters but not other two smaller characters stay out of box? For potential individual release later?

I think Indomitus had warden and captain in boxes etc but there was the other two on individual sprues and they’ve not turned up right?
Or are they in the biggest starter box?
   
Made in jp
Longtime Dakkanaut





Danny76 wrote:
And the two single smaller characters but not other two smaller characters stay out of box? For potential individual release later?

I think Indomitus had warden and captain in boxes etc but there was the other two on individual sprues and they’ve not turned up right?
Or are they in the biggest starter box?

For Indomitus there are 2 characters in the recruit box and 2 more in the elite box. I'm sure that it will be the same for AoS. GW are nothing if not predictable. If they put the new scenery in the command box equivalent that might end up being quite a good deal.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





I wonder if the “big sprue” will go for more from this box.
They were pretty cheap in the last box being split out.
But now that we know GW are selling them direct only for £75, I can see that one going for quite a bit..
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




Any word at all on digital rulebook on the Azyr/AoS app?
   
Made in jp
Regular Dakkanaut




Japan

I was tempted by the previews but locally they want the same price as they did for cursed city and $260 USD equivalent is too rich for my blood.
Pity.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/06/19 06:14:42


 
   
Made in us
Cabin Zombie






caladancid wrote:
Any word at all on digital rulebook on the Azyr/AoS app?


I’ll be livid if they don’t have those. They already lost my book money for 40k not offering digital versions there.

 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Pious Warrior Priest





My happy place.

 wana10 wrote:
I was tempted by the previews but locally they want the same price as they did for cursed city and $260 USD equivalent is too rich for my blood.
Pity.


Ebay is your friend.

I play: AOS Death, AOS Cities of Sigmar, 40K imperial soup.

Co-owner of Two Idiots Printing Service, a 3D printing service. 
   
Made in fi
Ye Lord of The End Times (and a good guy)





 Commodus Leitdorf wrote:
The only thing in the box I really WANT, want is the rulebook. I imagine the models in this box will be released in an actual Starter Set at a later date.


Yeah. Some will be on starter sets. Likely some won't like in 40k and come separately(for half the whole dominion). High candinate will be winged character, annihilator banner sprue for sce for about 65 pounds.

Starter set discount will also be lower.

Also possible something won't be available separately at all. Don't think solo release of necroe overlord is out?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/06/19 07:53:36


2021 painted/bought: 538/575 
   
Made in jp
Longtime Dakkanaut





tneva82 wrote:
 Commodus Leitdorf wrote:
The only thing in the box I really WANT, want is the rulebook. I imagine the models in this box will be released in an actual Starter Set at a later date.


Yeah. Some will be on starter sets. Likely some won't like in 40k and come separately(for half the whole dominion). High candinate will be winged character, annihilator banner sprue for sce for about 65 pounds.

Starter set discount will also be lower.

Also possible something won't be available separately at all. Don't think solo release of necroe overlord is out?


Necron overlord is in the elite box.
   
Made in gb
Sword-Bearing Inquisitorial Crusader






 AduroT wrote:
caladancid wrote:
Any word at all on digital rulebook on the Azyr/AoS app?


I’ll be livid if they don’t have those. They already lost my book money for 40k not offering digital versions there.


I’m expecting to be disappointed on that front. 40K has lost its digital books. The Warcry Grand Alliance books didn’t get a digital release. I’m fully expecting AoS to be next.
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






Twenty minutes to pre-order start and GW's website has this to say:

Welcome to Games-Workshop.com
The webstore will be reopening soon.

We are expecting high levels of web traffic when games-workshop.com reopens fully, so to ensure a smooth service for everyone, we will be using a digital queuing system.

Anyone who was already on the site will be placed randomly in the queue when the store reopens. Everyone who arrives after will be added to the queue in the order of arrival.


Calls into question the idea that getting on the website earlier does anything to help your place in the queue.

 MonkeyBallistic wrote:
 AduroT wrote:
caladancid wrote:
Any word at all on digital rulebook on the Azyr/AoS app?


I’ll be livid if they don’t have those. They already lost my book money for 40k not offering digital versions there.


I’m expecting to be disappointed on that front. 40K has lost its digital books. The Warcry Grand Alliance books didn’t get a digital release. I’m fully expecting AoS to be next.


Middle of next week GW is going to tell us all about Warhammer+. Right in the pre-order period for the new edition of AoS, the timing of which we knew or could reasonably guess for a month now. I'm tempted to say keeping AoS digital editions was never a realistic expectation.

Sucks to have ownership replaced with a subscription as far as I'm concerned, but maybe the service will at least provide quality digital editions again.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in fi
Ye Lord of The End Times (and a good guy)





Chikout wrote:
tneva82 wrote:
 Commodus Leitdorf wrote:
The only thing in the box I really WANT, want is the rulebook. I imagine the models in this box will be released in an actual Starter Set at a later date.


Yeah. Some will be on starter sets. Likely some won't like in 40k and come separately(for half the whole dominion). High candinate will be winged character, annihilator banner sprue for sce for about 65 pounds.

Starter set discount will also be lower.

Also possible something won't be available separately at all. Don't think solo release of necroe overlord is out?


Necron overlord is in the elite box.


Yes i know. Separate. Solo. Ie without buying starter sets(say you don't need one). Starter set is expensive way to get 1 model.

2021 painted/bought: 538/575 
   
Made in gb
Last Remaining Whole C'Tan






Blimey. Queue estimated at an hour!

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in ie
Fixture of Dakka






Yeah getting the same in the mean time I got it from Wayland
   
Made in gb
Mighty Gouge-Horn




Anor Londo

Picked one up from Element. Initially tried to buy from Darksphere, but their copies are due to be shipped out in an autumn second wave, which I thought was a bit strange.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Hopefully it drops quickly for you, mine went from 54 minutes to 23 in the space of about 2 minutes.

And now it just went from 11 to 7 in the space of one.

Painting Warhammer 40,000 Conquest a P and M blog : https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/763491.page 
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

 Undead_Love-Machine wrote:
Picked one up from Element. Initially tried to buy from Darksphere, but their copies are due to be shipped out in an autumn second wave, which I thought was a bit strange.


They might have burned through their first wave for physical/in store type customers and reservation lists. Thus leaving them with just a second wave. It might also be that GW has some stores getting abulk of their order in the second wave and not the first.
   
Made in gb
Torch-Wielding Lunatic





Did the price on Element just go up? Now £112.50, was £106 about 2 minutes ago... Still showing 10+ in stock though.

I'm ordered up via my FLGS for once @£112.50 anyways, so quite happy about that, but sad about having to add to the pile of shame

   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

I'm in the queue. All I want to do is look at the 360's.

Two friends of mine managed to get 2 each.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





SquealMcSqueal wrote:
Did the price on Element just go up? Now £112.50, was £106 about 2 minutes ago... Still showing 10+ in stock though.

I'm ordered up via my FLGS for once @£112.50 anyways, so quite happy about that, but sad about having to add to the pile of shame


I certainly saw it at £106 earlier. Goblin have/had it at £100 and Firestorm a no discount of £125. Happy hunting everyone, at least the queuing system has not seen an Indomitus like sub 15 minute sellout.

Painting Warhammer 40,000 Conquest a P and M blog : https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/763491.page 
   
Made in us
Skink Chief with Poisoned Javelins




Xalapa, Veracruz, Mexico

Got my turn eleven minutes ago, but I fell asleep and now I have to wait 30
   
Made in ie
Fixture of Dakka






I hadn't realised that the objectives are a limited run and 1 per customer. Had to place 2 separate orders for the 2 sets I wanted - more for scatter terrain than objectives.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/06/19 09:42:45


 
   
Made in gb
Sword-Bearing Inquisitorial Crusader






My queue claimed to be 39 minutes but in reality was more like 16. I’ve got to say, compared with the frantic scramble to get Indomitus and Cursed City, this was a great, stress free experience.
   
Made in gb
Last Remaining Whole C'Tan






Got to tip my hat to GW. Queue system seems to be working as intended. Certainly preferable to the free for all scalaparam

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut






Queue was kind of nerve wracking, but got to give it props, it worked. Even got the coin set which was surprising. Much better release handling system.
If the ltd ed rulebook is still around later, i might go back for it. I'm a sucker for black on gold.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/06/19 09:57:45


 
   
Made in gb
Mighty Gouge-Horn




Anor Londo

ListenToMeWarriors wrote:
SquealMcSqueal wrote:
Did the price on Element just go up? Now £112.50, was £106 about 2 minutes ago... Still showing 10+ in stock though.

I'm ordered up via my FLGS for once @£112.50 anyways, so quite happy about that, but sad about having to add to the pile of shame


I certainly saw it at £106 earlier. Goblin have/had it at £100 and Firestorm a no discount of £125. Happy hunting everyone, at least the queuing system has not seen an Indomitus like sub 15 minute sellout.



Yeah, I got it for £106. Wonder why they increased it so quickly? I wouldn’t expect one of the bigger Indie retailers to do that.
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




 Geifer wrote:
Twenty minutes to pre-order start and GW's website has this to say:

Welcome to Games-Workshop.com
The webstore will be reopening soon.

We are expecting high levels of web traffic when games-workshop.com reopens fully, so to ensure a smooth service for everyone, we will be using a digital queuing system.

Anyone who was already on the site will be placed randomly in the queue when the store reopens. Everyone who arrives after will be added to the queue in the order of arrival.


Calls into question the idea that getting on the website earlier does anything to help your place in the queue.

 MonkeyBallistic wrote:
 AduroT wrote:
caladancid wrote:
Any word at all on digital rulebook on the Azyr/AoS app?


I’ll be livid if they don’t have those. They already lost my book money for 40k not offering digital versions there.


I’m expecting to be disappointed on that front. 40K has lost its digital books. The Warcry Grand Alliance books didn’t get a digital release. I’m fully expecting AoS to be next.


Middle of next week GW is going to tell us all about Warhammer+. Right in the pre-order period for the new edition of AoS, the timing of which we knew or could reasonably guess for a month now. I'm tempted to say keeping AoS digital editions was never a realistic expectation.

Sucks to have ownership replaced with a subscription as far as I'm concerned, but maybe the service will at least provide quality digital editions again.


I wonder how they would handle the digital versions we already bought on the AoS app.....
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: