Switch Theme:

Age of Sigmar News & Rumors. p.296 Orruk Warclans. p.299 Bonereapers.  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in ca
[DCM]
The World Killer.




The best State-Texas

Supposedly there are some leaked pages of the points changes out there, have not seen them myself yet.


4000+
6000+ Order. Unity. Obedience.
Thousand Sons 4000+ 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Savage Minotaur




Baltimore, Maryland

 Sasori wrote:
Supposedly there are some leaked pages of the points changes out there, have not seen them myself yet.


Fan run Age of Sigmar FB page had them up.

"Sometimes the only victory possible is to keep your opponent from winning." - The Emperor, from The Outcast Dead.
"Tell your gods we are coming for them, and that their realms will burn as ours did." -Thostos Bladestorm
 
   
Made in us
Lieutenant General





Florence, KY

 Sasori wrote:
Supposedly there are some leaked pages of the points changes out there, have not seen them myself yet.

Do you mean THESE?

'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block




So am I understanding that Gors are being advertised as being a better option over the popular ungor raiders?

Ungor raiders are not battle line, meaning that if a battle line unit is better than them in all ways now, there’s no reason to take them.

also ungor raiders not being upgraded to count as battle line further makes them worthless.
   
Made in us
Confessor Of Sins




 Ghaz wrote:
 Sasori wrote:
Supposedly there are some leaked pages of the points changes out there, have not seen them myself yet.

Do you mean THESE?


No actual ones, not debunked ones. I've seen DoK's I just haven't found the others yet.

2500pts
2500
3000


 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Savage Minotaur




Baltimore, Maryland

dogfender wrote:
So am I understanding that Gors are being advertised as being a better option over the popular ungor raiders?

Ungor raiders are not battle line, meaning that if a battle line unit is better than them in all ways now, there’s no reason to take them.

also ungor raiders not being upgraded to count as battle line further makes them worthless.


Article doesn’t mention Ungor Raiders, just Ungor, which in some cases were a superior option to Gors.


"Sometimes the only victory possible is to keep your opponent from winning." - The Emperor, from The Outcast Dead.
"Tell your gods we are coming for them, and that their realms will burn as ours did." -Thostos Bladestorm
 
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block




 nels1031 wrote:
dogfender wrote:
So am I understanding that Gors are being advertised as being a better option over the popular ungor raiders?

Ungor raiders are not battle line, meaning that if a battle line unit is better than them in all ways now, there’s no reason to take them.

also ungor raiders not being upgraded to count as battle line further makes them worthless.


Article doesn’t mention Ungor Raiders, just Ungor, which in some cases were a superior option to Gors.



Thank you for the clarification. Still would like to have seen Raiders become battle line. Because now the only reason to spend extra points is for summoning and it may not be worth it.
   
Made in ie
Longtime Dakkanaut






Ash goes through all the GHB Pitched Battle point changes here:


   
Made in gb
[MOD]
Et In Arcadia Ego





Canterbury

.. so there's scuttlebutt about changes with regards to faction terrain in the new GHB.


apparently


More than 6" away from the board edge. More than 6" from any other terrain, more than 3" from an objective. Plus the standard restrictions from their warscrolls
RAW means you literally can't place gnaw holes.


...don't quite get the issues with the gnaw holes ?

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/AoS_Skaven_Warscrolls_Scenery_Warscroll_Gnawhole.pdf


people are saying they now cannot be set up ?

Extra rules in the skaven tome or something ?

The poor man really has a stake in the country. The rich man hasn't; he can go away to New Guinea in a yacht. The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all
We love our superheroes because they refuse to give up on us. We can analyze them out of existence, kill them, ban them, mock them, and still they return, patiently reminding us of who we are and what we wish we could be.
One reason a good humanities education is important for computer scientists is that a familiarity with Faust is useful for understanding how privacy policies work.
 
   
Made in ie
Longtime Dakkanaut






 reds8n wrote:
.. so there's scuttlebutt about changes with regards to faction terrain in the new GHB.


apparently


More than 6" away from the board edge. More than 6" from any other terrain, more than 3" from an objective. Plus the standard restrictions from their warscrolls
RAW means you literally can't place gnaw holes.


...don't quite get the issues with the gnaw holes ?

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/AoS_Skaven_Warscrolls_Scenery_Warscroll_Gnawhole.pdf


people are saying they now cannot be set up ?

Extra rules in the skaven tome or something ?


Miniwargaming covered this yesterday skip to 51:50

Spoiler:



I don't know much about Skaven but Gnawholes must be set up within 8" of the table edge but the new terrain rules say you can't set up terrain within 6" of the table edge leaving you a 2" area to set up in but Gnawholes are bigger than 2" wide so they can' fit in that space and if there is any objectives or other terrain near by you're further restricted. If it can't fit you can't use it. Gnawholes are a extreme example but any of the faction specific terrain can be affected and your opponent could effectively block you from placing your terrain during the set up.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/06/16 11:35:46


 
   
Made in gb
Veteran Wolf Guard Squad Leader





Does it say just “within” or “wholly within” because that will make a bunch of difference. Also there’s no reason the gnawholes/skaven book can’t be errata’d to match (and no reason such a change would be mentioned in the generic rules).

"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in gb
[MOD]
Et In Arcadia Ego





Canterbury




ah well... GW haven't changed that much t'would seem.


Overall I guess regular "corrections" to the rules/games is better than what we used to have "back in the day " ( so to speak).

... just not sure they've quite got the method of letting people know about this yet.

Agree that the gnawholes will be FAQed pretty sharpish.

The poor man really has a stake in the country. The rich man hasn't; he can go away to New Guinea in a yacht. The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all
We love our superheroes because they refuse to give up on us. We can analyze them out of existence, kill them, ban them, mock them, and still they return, patiently reminding us of who we are and what we wish we could be.
One reason a good humanities education is important for computer scientists is that a familiarity with Faust is useful for understanding how privacy policies work.
 
   
Made in us
Horrific Hive Tyrant




Tampa, FL

I suspect the new terrain stuff is a secretive way to ban the faction terrain without explicitly banning it from matched play. I've seen a LOT of complaints about the advantage they give to factions who have them.

- Wayne
Formerly WayneTheGame 
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

Don't army book/codex rules usually supersede main rules unless otherwise stated?

I can't say I'd be upset about Gnawholes being more restrictive--from what I've seen, they're hugely abusive if used right.

Same goes for the FEC terrain camped in the back corner of a deployment zone.
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka




According to the mini wargaming review, legions of nagash will have a fair advantage in the new terrain rules.
   
Made in us
Revenant Pirate Crew






Those new AoS terrain kits screw over stuff like Wyldwood too as they cover the board with large flat areas that are no go zones for faction terrain.

 
   
Made in si
Steady Stonecleaver







 AduroT wrote:
Those new AoS terrain kits screw over stuff like Wyldwood too as they cover the board with large flat areas that are no go zones for faction terrain.


Yeah noticed this yesterday after I put down about one large box's worth of stormvault stuff and suddenly there was no good spot for my Gnarlmaw.

Posters on ignore list: 33

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in us
Lieutenant General





Florence, KY

The Warhammer Age of Sigmar Update is now live on Warhammer Community.

'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Savage Minotaur




Baltimore, Maryland

 Ghaz wrote:
The Warhammer Age of Sigmar Update is now live on Warhammer Community.


Man, now I have to learn Japanese to read the Hedonites errata.


"Sometimes the only victory possible is to keep your opponent from winning." - The Emperor, from The Outcast Dead.
"Tell your gods we are coming for them, and that their realms will burn as ours did." -Thostos Bladestorm
 
   
Made in us
Lieutenant General





Florence, KY

 nels1031 wrote:
 Ghaz wrote:
The Warhammer Age of Sigmar Update is now live on Warhammer Community.


Man, now I have to learn Japanese to read the Hedonites errata.


They're in English now. If they still show in Japanese, refresh the page before opening the Errata or Designers' Commentary.

'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord






Long story short--Keeper did not go up, Slaanesh remains intact for 6 months. With the nerfs to other armies it may push multi-keeper to top tier.

"Putting a statement in quotations makes it seem more legitimate."
--Bette R. Withname

Imagine three people with the same set of values but radically different emotional states, each of them believes their position is more valid than the other two, they all post using the same account, and your job is to make it coherent. 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




UK

 NinthMusketeer wrote:
Long story short--Keeper did not go up, Slaanesh remains intact for 6 months. With the nerfs to other armies it may push multi-keeper to top tier.


Honestly I don't know if the issue is purely the keeper or the way GW has loaded up depravity generation for Slaanesh purely on the leaders. I think if they spread depravity out to be generated by regular troops as well, with a depravity point increase for summoning; it might well twist things around without having to touch the points on the keepers

A Blog in Miniature - now featuring reviews of many new Black Library books (latest Novellas) 
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord






 Overread wrote:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:
Long story short--Keeper did not go up, Slaanesh remains intact for 6 months. With the nerfs to other armies it may push multi-keeper to top tier.


Honestly I don't know if the issue is purely the keeper or the way GW has loaded up depravity generation for Slaanesh purely on the leaders. I think if they spread depravity out to be generated by regular troops as well, with a depravity point increase for summoning; it might well twist things around without having to touch the points on the keepers
More of a general discussion thing--in short I don't like how they designed depravity but how OP/balanced it is really depends on who it goes against. Is it a free upgrade to an allegiance that is fine without it? Absolutely. Yet its easier to count the summoning mechanics that aren't like that than the ones that are.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/07/08 17:27:23


"Putting a statement in quotations makes it seem more legitimate."
--Bette R. Withname

Imagine three people with the same set of values but radically different emotional states, each of them believes their position is more valid than the other two, they all post using the same account, and your job is to make it coherent. 
   
Made in ie
Longtime Dakkanaut






This weeks prices

Sylvaneth Battletome £25 €32.50 $40
Endless Spells £22.50 €30 $35
Awakened Wyldwood £30 €40 $50

I know the new Wyldwood are larger than the old but I was hoping they wouldn't nearly double in price and the £18 ones are now no longer available on the GW site at least I got a few more before they discontinued them I'll probably just get 1 or 2 boxes of the new ones to mix in.

Endless Spells get a price rise as well

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/07/08 20:13:45


 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




The old trees were terrible! The leaves would snap off in a light breeze. Lets hope these trees are sturdier.
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord






Oh yeah the leaves. I forgot those were a part of the kit.

"Putting a statement in quotations makes it seem more legitimate."
--Bette R. Withname

Imagine three people with the same set of values but radically different emotional states, each of them believes their position is more valid than the other two, they all post using the same account, and your job is to make it coherent. 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




UK

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/07/10/warcry-a-new-warband-risesgw-homepage-post-1/

New Warcry band and they are freaking awesome - very twisted looking and nasty!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/07/10 13:12:07


A Blog in Miniature - now featuring reviews of many new Black Library books (latest Novellas) 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Savage Minotaur




Baltimore, Maryland

Crazy! I love it.

"Sometimes the only victory possible is to keep your opponent from winning." - The Emperor, from The Outcast Dead.
"Tell your gods we are coming for them, and that their realms will burn as ours did." -Thostos Bladestorm
 
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord






I think facebelting will be the bold new fashion trend of 2020.

"Putting a statement in quotations makes it seem more legitimate."
--Bette R. Withname

Imagine three people with the same set of values but radically different emotional states, each of them believes their position is more valid than the other two, they all post using the same account, and your job is to make it coherent. 
   
Made in ie
Longtime Dakkanaut






Smellingsalts wrote:
The old trees were terrible! The leaves would snap off in a light breeze. Lets hope these trees are sturdier.


The leaves are now attached to the branches so they should stay together better. I'm also glad the crescent bases are separate parts so the tree can be assembled without them.

Spoiler:


This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/07/12 22:05:02


 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: