Switch Theme:

Age of Sigmar News & Rumors. p323 new FAQS  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in nl
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Galas wrote:
TWO FEMALE OGRES. OMG. They look great, specially the one with the valkiria braids.
Spoiler:

Has warhammer finally gone to far?
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord






That satanic fire-breathing endless spell looks awesome, especially with that paint job. Other ones look cool too, excited to see what the rules are. Definitely interested in double-size warcry reboxes, concerned what the price may be.

"Putting a statement in quotations makes it seem more legitimate."
--Bette R. Withname

Imagine three people with the same set of values but radically different emotional states, each of them believes their position is more valid than the other two, they all post using the same account, and your job is to make it coherent. 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




UK

$65 according to the spreadsheet leak which has been pretty accurate so far.

A Blog in Miniature - now featuring reviews of many new Black Library books (latest Novellas) 
   
Made in us
Unhealthy Competition With Other Legions




Philadelphia PA

I like those endless spells a lot. Along with the new battletome and SC I'm really thinking it's time to dust off my Chaos warriors.
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Man that burning icon is great. Have to find a way to get that from the set.

And I want the Lord on Chaos Crocodile... sorry, Karkadrak™.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/12/01 21:04:04


   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





I think that burning icon is going to be part of tons of conversions in the future.
Almost too good to pass up.

Just hoping forgeworld give chaos dwarves some love.
Wouldn’t mind some endless spells and a bit of terrain.
Hell, I’d settle for having the skullcracker mould fixed.
   
Made in si
Steady Stonecleaver







Those spells look boring for spells, but great terrain/conversion bits.

Posters on ignore list: 33

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




UK

Jackal90 wrote:
I think that burning icon is going to be part of tons of conversions in the future.
Almost too good to pass up.

Just hoping forgeworld give chaos dwarves some love.
Wouldn’t mind some endless spells and a bit of terrain.
Hell, I’d settle for having the skullcracker mould fixed.


At present FW seems to be going in the opposite direction. Even with GW central now doing the rules they are still rather undervalued as models so far as central GW is concerned it seems. Far less advertising; almost nothing new (the only new things AoS has had in 5 years are the Chaos Dragon that started in the End Times and 12 new Stormcast heads). Meanwhile we've actually lost several models recently and a few more this this weekend have a big question mark over them (including the warpfire dragon - however they are only listed as sold-out which might just mean FW has to get new moulds cast for them).

However they still have odd rules in so much as when you compare things like exalted and regular greater demons the FW offerings appear to be weaker/less interesting. Meanwhile destruction still has multiple models listed that would easily fit into the themes of other factions (including a huge undersea monster that still, for some unfathomable reason, isn't allowed for the Idoneth).

A Blog in Miniature - now featuring reviews of many new Black Library books (latest Novellas) 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





 Overread wrote:
Jackal90 wrote:
I think that burning icon is going to be part of tons of conversions in the future.
Almost too good to pass up.

Just hoping forgeworld give chaos dwarves some love.
Wouldn’t mind some endless spells and a bit of terrain.
Hell, I’d settle for having the skullcracker mould fixed.


At present FW seems to be going in the opposite direction. Even with GW central now doing the rules they are still rather undervalued as models so far as central GW is concerned it seems. Far less advertising; almost nothing new (the only new things AoS has had in 5 years are the Chaos Dragon that started in the End Times and 12 new Stormcast heads). Meanwhile we've actually lost several models recently and a few more this this weekend have a big question mark over them (including the warpfire dragon - however they are only listed as sold-out which might just mean FW has to get new moulds cast for them).

However they still have odd rules in so much as when you compare things like exalted and regular greater demons the FW offerings appear to be weaker/less interesting. Meanwhile destruction still has multiple models listed that would easily fit into the themes of other factions (including a huge undersea monster that still, for some unfathomable reason, isn't allowed for the Idoneth).



While it’s not much more, remember that they have added stuff like Shar’tor too.
I believe he was the first AoS era model to drop from them.
While it has been stupidly quiet, legion of Azgorh do have entries in the GHB 2019, so squatting doesn’t seem likely.
My only annoyance is that they have been limited for quite a while, so if FW don’t repair moulds, they will die off because of that.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





I wonder if the Spire Tyrants and the Scions of the Flame warbands will go straight to these double sized boxes, or if they will have an initial run of the smaller sets + cards?
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Well they'll get Warcry boxes with the cards and whatnot, and then hopefully double boxes right from the go.

   
Made in tw
Longtime Dakkanaut





I hope that too, but I think its.pretty likely they'll be staggered by a few weeks, at least.

   
Made in us
Jealous that Horus is Warmaster




Australia

I see I was correct in my belief that the Slaves to Darkness SC box isn't replacing anything. Good stuff.

Sons of Horus 29th Company 
   
Made in au
Tunneling Trygon





The City of Nothing

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/12/02/kit-focus-start-collecting-slaves-to-darknessgw-homepage-post-1/

 Marshal Loss wrote:
I see I was correct in my belief that the Slaves to Darkness SC box isn't replacing anything. Good stuff.


No kidding. Genuinely disappointing, that. And to think they nearly had me coming back.
   
Made in si
Steady Stonecleaver







 Tim the Biovore wrote:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/12/02/kit-focus-start-collecting-slaves-to-darknessgw-homepage-post-1/

 Marshal Loss wrote:
I see I was correct in my belief that the Slaves to Darkness SC box isn't replacing anything. Good stuff.


No kidding. Genuinely disappointing, that. And to think they nearly had me coming back.


So what you are saying is that you wanted them to discontinue some models?

Posters on ignore list: 33

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





The CW helmets are not all great, but those bare heads are oh so sweet. I guess two boxes it is. 20 knights - later on 25 - should be nice enough for an Order of the Fly list. Maybe...there will even be advantages to run a ton of knights instead of 40 men blobs of marauders :O

Looking for a Skaven Doomwheel banner to repair my Nurgle knights.  
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




UK

I think he means he'd rather they discontinued the only knights and warriors and replaced them with these newer sculpts with multi-part options for various weapons. Rather than the current setup where you've got old warriors, old knights and at least one weapon upgrade pack for the warriors.

So nothing would be lost from the army, just updated with a new sculpt.

A Blog in Miniature - now featuring reviews of many new Black Library books (latest Novellas) 
   
Made in au
Tunneling Trygon





The City of Nothing

 lord_blackfang wrote:
 Tim the Biovore wrote:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/12/02/kit-focus-start-collecting-slaves-to-darknessgw-homepage-post-1/

 Marshal Loss wrote:
I see I was correct in my belief that the Slaves to Darkness SC box isn't replacing anything. Good stuff.


No kidding. Genuinely disappointing, that. And to think they nearly had me coming back.


So what you are saying is that you wanted them to discontinue some models?


Yes? Isn't that how updated kits tend to work?

The current Chaos Warriors were fine for WHFB, but they're just sad and outdated in AoS.

EDIT: Overread's on the money

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/12/02 18:32:33


 
   
Made in es
Longtime Dakkanaut





interesting that tyrants from warcry are in the pictures.

i hope to see scions of the flame too
   
Made in si
Steady Stonecleaver







I'm surprised someone is able to frame new and old kits being available concurrently as a bad thing, but whatever.

Posters on ignore list: 33

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in be
Longtime Dakkanaut





Belgium

 lord_blackfang wrote:
I'm surprised someone is able to frame new and old kits being available concurrently as a bad thing, but whatever.


It's a bad thing because GW does it. When it is Mantic Games, it is genius. See the trick ?

Cuteness for the Cute Goddess! 
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord






 Sarouan wrote:
 lord_blackfang wrote:
I'm surprised someone is able to frame new and old kits being available concurrently as a bad thing, but whatever.


It's a bad thing because GW does it. When it is Mantic Games, it is genius. See the trick ?
Ohhhh, I get it now!

"Putting a statement in quotations makes it seem more legitimate."
--Bette R. Withname

Imagine three people with the same set of values but radically different emotional states, each of them believes their position is more valid than the other two, they all post using the same account, and your job is to make it coherent. 
   
Made in es
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain




Vigo. Spain.

If they kept the old chaos warriors with the new chaos warriors in the multipart plastic kit then thats great, more variety.

But the days of the old chaos warrior kit are clearly counted.

 Crimson Devil wrote:

Dakka does have White Knights and is also rather infamous for it's Black Knights. A new edition brings out the passionate and not all of them are good at expressing themselves in written form. There have been plenty of hysterical responses from both sides so far. So we descend into pointless bickering with neither side listening to each other. So posting here becomes more masturbation than conversation.

ERJAK wrote:
Forcing a 40k player to keep playing 7th is basically a hate crime.

 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Unmaker, Scion of Tzeentch





Southern New Hampshire

 lord_blackfang wrote:
I'm surprised someone is able to frame new and old kits being available concurrently as a bad thing, but whatever.


You must be new here.

Personally, I'm digging the new sculpts, and I'm okay with the classic kits not going away quite yet. Until they have a multi-part kit that covers all available weapon options, they should keep those around.

"There are no problems that cannot be solved with cannons." - Chief Engineer Boris Krauss of Nuln

AoS - Fires of Change : "The Everchosen stole my destiny. Soon, I shall return the favor." The Unmaker, Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch

Thousand Sons
Renegade Astartes The Scourged
Daemons

DR:80S++G++M--B+IPwhfb01#+D+++A+++/fWD268R++T(D)DM+++
 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





Did anyone noticed the warcry band in the backgroun ...
   
Made in ca
Anointed Dark Priest of Chaos





British Columbia

Chosen as well (was sure they'd get retired)

 Crimson Devil wrote:
That's what 7th edition is about. Yelling "Forge the Narrative Pussy!" while kicking your opponent in the dick.
 BlaxicanX wrote:
A young business man named Tom Kirby, who was a pupil of mine until he turned greedy, helped the capitalists hunt down and destroy the wargamers. He betrayed and murdered Games Workshop.


 
   
Made in au
Pestilent Plague Marine with Blight Grenade





 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Man that burning icon is great. Have to find a way to get that from the set.

And I want the Lord on Chaos Crocodile... sorry, Karkadrak™.


Both should hit eBay not long after the box is released (that's how I got my individual endless spells without having to buy the whole lot.)

 Overread wrote:
I think he means he'd rather they discontinued the only knights and warriors and replaced them with these newer sculpts with multi-part options for various weapons. Rather than the current setup where you've got old warriors, old knights and at least one weapon upgrade pack for the warriors.

So nothing would be lost from the army, just updated with a new sculpt.


I would not be surprised at all if in a few months time once the SC box has been around for long enough they will break them down into MPPK boxes for sale (the new Chosen also make me believe that there will be much more for SoD being released later down the track)



"Courage and Honour. I hear you murmur these words in the mist, in their wake I hear your hearts beat harder with false conviction seeking to convince yourselves that a brave death has meaning. There is no courage to be found here my nephews, no honour to be had. Your souls will join the trillion others in the mist shrieking uselessly to eternity, weeping for the empire you could not save.

To the unfaithful, I bring holy plagues ripe with enlightenment. To the devout, I bring the blessing of immortality through the kiss of sacred rot. And to you, new-born sons of Gulliman, to you flesh crafted puppets of a failing Imperium I bring the holiest gift of war.... Silence."
- Mortarion, The Death Lord, Daemon Primarch of Nurgle


5600 | 2800 | 850 | 4000 | 3300 | 550

 
   
Made in us
Implacable Black Templar Initiate




California

I like that they are not discontinuing the old Chaos Warriors. I genuinely love the look of those guys as they make amazing rank and file members of the general Chaos Army, while the new guys looks like THEY should be Chosen, or something more elite.

Seeing that people can get both is a great way to keep the old fans of the models (like me) interested in continuing to purchase product.

4000 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

 lord_blackfang wrote:
I'm surprised someone is able to frame new and old kits being available concurrently as a bad thing, but whatever.
It's baffling, huh?

Really this is just a pivot on what Start Collectings! are. Soon they'll all be more simplistic minis (like the last 2 that came out, and this one), and not something existing players use to bulk up an army.

   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

 NurglesR0T wrote:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Man that burning icon is great. Have to find a way to get that from the set.

And I want the Lord on Chaos Crocodile... sorry, Karkadrak™.


Both should hit eBay not long after the box is released (that's how I got my individual endless spells without having to buy the whole lot.)

 Overread wrote:
I think he means he'd rather they discontinued the only knights and warriors and replaced them with these newer sculpts with multi-part options for various weapons. Rather than the current setup where you've got old warriors, old knights and at least one weapon upgrade pack for the warriors.

So nothing would be lost from the army, just updated with a new sculpt.


I would not be surprised at all if in a few months time once the SC box has been around for long enough they will break them down into MPPK boxes for sale (the new Chosen also make me believe that there will be much more for SoD being released later down the track)




Those aren’t new Chosen, they’re the existing ones.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: