Switch Theme:

New Tau Codex - April 6'th [Pics, Video and Prices in OP]  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in ca
Fixture of Dakka




 kronk wrote:
I'll be picking up the codex for reading and stuffs. I've gotten to enjoy reading them all, though I have no intention of playing the armies.


Would you say that about Chaos Space Marine and Chaos Daemons as well? I am starting to thing, to restart collecting all the codexes just for reading the fluff, even though I don't play them.

I was wondering if The Tau would be any good, since I didn't bother getting the 4th edition dex, mainly because I got the 3rd edition dex just about 6 months before, just for reading the fluff. Didn't feel like buying a newer dex back then, but thinking of it now. So how is the fluff for the other codexes? I like what they did for DA.

Agies Grimm:The "Learn to play, bro" mentality is mostly just a way for someone to try to shame you by implying that their metaphorical nerd-wiener is bigger than yours. Which, ironically, I think nerds do even more vehemently than jocks.

Everything is made up and the points don't matter. 40K or Who's Line is it Anyway?

Auticus wrote: Or in summation: its ok to exploit shoddy points because those are rules and gamers exist to find rules loopholes (they are still "legal"), but if the same force can be composed without structure, it emotionally feels "wrong".  
   
Made in se
Ferocious Black Templar Castellan






Sweden

 Rented Tritium wrote:
 AlmightyWalrus wrote:
If the rumors of Markerlights allowing you to ignore cover is true, you'll almost completely wipe out a 10-man Marine unit if you get Crisis suits in Rapid Fire range and Crisis Suits could duplicate weapons.

Complaining about Strawmen when assuming Jump Infantry in the same post? No one except Blood Angels uses them because they're utter rubbish. Not to mention you'd gun the front 9 down, handily leaving the assault unit out of assault range. I just don't see why Crisis Suits have to bring special weapon-spam up to 11. Keep them as is, lower points and add some new weapons, but don't create a unit that single-handily nullifies any bloody chance of getting into CC if you're a MEQ unit. Tau being completely helpless in melee is just as bad, but the solution is not to swing the pendulum to the other extreme.

The issue with the comparison to Melta-spam, Plasma-spam etc. is that allowing Crisis suits to take duplicate weapons lets you bring 6 of the same special weapon in the same unit on a unit that is highly manoeuvrable. Escalating the special weapons-spam is not what the game needs.

As a final note, what are these Space Marine-costed units that die in droves, and why is the solution to gun everyone down in droves, instead of addressing the fact that these units obviously aren't worth their points (and if they are, what's the issue?).


You get that the suits in question would be pushing 100 points each if allowed in the current codex. Maybe 300 points worth of suits supported by another unit with markerlights SHOULD be able to wipe those guys out. Does not seem unreasonable.


The point is, it creates an incredibly boring game. Either I don't move up to engage the Tau, in which case I get shot to Kingdom Come, or I move up and try to get into CC, at which point I get shot to Kingdom Come and have my surviving few models eat Overwatch from multiple Firewarrior squads. It only gets worse if Markerlights turn out to work with Overwatch.

Maybe I'm just biased, but playing for almost an entire edition with the weakest MEQ Codex only to be further nerfed by 6th and having people post vengeful bull gak like "MEQs deserve to know what everyone else has to go through!" is kinda annoying; I know just how annoying it feels, which is why I don't want Tau to be completely stacking the odds against MEQ assault units. Assault got worse in 6th already; between cheaper units, better shooting and improved Overwatch, do Tau really need a unit that can simply hang around out of line of sight, jump out to vaporise any MEQ that gets too close and then hide again, giving the MEQ player no way to counter the threat other than staying as far away as possible?

On a side note, what AP does Tau plasma have anyway? If it's 4 like my mate claims my complaints and my math is obviously completely looney anyway.

For thirteen years I had a dog with fur the darkest black. For thirteen years he was my friend, oh how I want him back. 
   
Made in us
Badass "Sister Sin"






Camas, WA

Hastings:
There's no allies supplement. So I'm not sure when we might see this kroot monster that 2 people have seen.

Looking for great deals on miniatures or have a large pile you are looking to sell off? Checkout Mindtaker Miniatures on Facebook!
Live in the Pacific NW? Check out http://ordofanaticus.com
Want to know your rumor monger's history? Check out the Ongoing Rumor Accuracy Tracking thread

"For this thread to have some utility and remain useful, please refrain from spamming it with 'jokes'." - Alpharius
"Irrational negativity is the engine that drives the forums" - BrassScorpion
"It's too early to be crying about this. Maybe next month all your tears will be valid." - Redbeard

200+ Successful Trades on Dakka.
My trade list: http://mindtaker.org/trade.html 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






North of Chicago, IL USA

Davor wrote:
 kronk wrote:
I'll be picking up the codex for reading and stuffs. I've gotten to enjoy reading them all, though I have no intention of playing the armies.


Would you say that about Chaos Space Marine and Chaos Daemons as well?


Well, I'm building a Chaos Space Marines army right now, and I'll add Daemon or IG allies next year, so I'm a little too biased to answer that question. :-)

I have most of them (no Tyranids, BA, Eldar, Tau, or Sisters of Battle). I didn't care for the Space Wolves codex, to be honest. I liked the Grey Knights and Necrons, but have no intention of running them. I like to make lists sometimes when I'm bored. But I'm odd that way.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/03/22 20:38:10


Forgeworld Download Page <-- Here there be cool stuff! DA:70S+G+M+B++I++Pw40k08+D++A++/fWD-R+T(M)DM+
 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 AlmightyWalrus wrote:
 Rented Tritium wrote:
 AlmightyWalrus wrote:
If the rumors of Markerlights allowing you to ignore cover is true, you'll almost completely wipe out a 10-man Marine unit if you get Crisis suits in Rapid Fire range and Crisis Suits could duplicate weapons.

Complaining about Strawmen when assuming Jump Infantry in the same post? No one except Blood Angels uses them because they're utter rubbish. Not to mention you'd gun the front 9 down, handily leaving the assault unit out of assault range. I just don't see why Crisis Suits have to bring special weapon-spam up to 11. Keep them as is, lower points and add some new weapons, but don't create a unit that single-handily nullifies any bloody chance of getting into CC if you're a MEQ unit. Tau being completely helpless in melee is just as bad, but the solution is not to swing the pendulum to the other extreme.

The issue with the comparison to Melta-spam, Plasma-spam etc. is that allowing Crisis suits to take duplicate weapons lets you bring 6 of the same special weapon in the same unit on a unit that is highly manoeuvrable. Escalating the special weapons-spam is not what the game needs.

As a final note, what are these Space Marine-costed units that die in droves, and why is the solution to gun everyone down in droves, instead of addressing the fact that these units obviously aren't worth their points (and if they are, what's the issue?).


You get that the suits in question would be pushing 100 points each if allowed in the current codex. Maybe 300 points worth of suits supported by another unit with markerlights SHOULD be able to wipe those guys out. Does not seem unreasonable.


The point is, it creates an incredibly boring game. Either I don't move up to engage the Tau, in which case I get shot to Kingdom Come, or I move up and try to get into CC, at which point I get shot to Kingdom Come and have my surviving few models eat Overwatch from multiple Firewarrior squads. It only gets worse if Markerlights turn out to work with Overwatch.

Maybe I'm just biased, but playing for almost an entire edition with the weakest MEQ Codex only to be further nerfed by 6th and having people post vengeful bull gak like "MEQs deserve to know what everyone else has to go through!" is kinda annoying; I know just how annoying it feels, which is why I don't want Tau to be completely stacking the odds against MEQ assault units. Assault got worse in 6th already; between cheaper units, better shooting and improved Overwatch, do Tau really need a unit that can simply hang around out of line of sight, jump out to vaporise any MEQ that gets too close and then hide again, giving the MEQ player no way to counter the threat other than staying as far away as possible?

On a side note, what AP does Tau plasma have anyway? If it's 4 like my mate claims my complaints and my math is obviously completely looney anyway.


From my perspective as a tau player, I don't see it, but I have said very similar things about other pairings that were pretty correct, so I'm inclined to think it's just my bias.

Plasma is AP2.
   
Made in rs
Land Raider Pilot on Cruise Control





Holy Terra

Didn't see this posted in the last 5 pages so:

via neko over at Warseer
I didn't get any impression of the Nova reactor giving random effects (other than the chance to kill yourself of course). As always though, I could be wrong.


via an Anonymous Source from the Faeit 212 inbox (pretty good source)
*Heavy Burst Cannon or Ion Cannon + Shield for Weapon choices (No Rail weapon)
*Nova reactor is a 3+, you pick the effect, it's not random.
*No saves against the wound.


Last Nights information encase you missed it...
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2013/03/tau-riptides-activation-of-nova-engine.html
via the Dude onWarseer

Just heard the following:
Activating the Riptide's Nova Engine is risky. It only works on a 3+. If it fails to activate (roll of 1-2) the Riptide suffers a wound.

The weapon buff result for the Nova Engine supposedly buffs the large blast of the Ion Accelerator to S9 AP1, so there's your anti tank gun

Also, apparently Broadsides with missiles get 4 shots each at S7 AP4.


Of course I'm not sure the mechanics of the Nova Engine, but it appears to me to be a simple random table with1-2 being take a wound and 3-4 being one of the four rumoured buffs. If this is the case, you wouldn't be able to rely on it happening.

Also, if the charged profile does have a drawback like Gets Hot, you are twice risking self harm to get that one mega shot off.



If it works the way I'm thinking the table would look like this:


1-2: take a wound (with or without saves, we don't know)
3: Support weapons may fire twice
4: Invulnerable save becomes 3++
5: Stats Boost (I'm going to guess this will be multiple stats rather than a choice)
6: +1 S & -1 AP to one weapon


via Neko over at Warseer
There are pictures of Kroot and Vespid miniatures in the new codex, so I expect their rules will be there too


Basically the first one was, but not so over viewed like the last one.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2013/03/22 21:08:26


The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!
 
   
Made in se
Ferocious Black Templar Castellan






Sweden

Guess I'll sorta go back on topic, but I really don't see the anti-CC stuff in the Tau book hurting the CC choices that still work (anything fast, i.e. Juggerspawn, Wraiths, Seekers, Ork Bikes etc.). To me the rumors point to Codex: Kill the Marines, with rumors of every Tau and his Kroot Hound getting some sort of plasma or ion weapon. I suppose I'm overreacting (which is silly, given my earlier posts in this thread...), but buffing Tau shooting and counter-CC while not addressing the actual CC threats would suck for both the Tau and every CC army that isn't part of previously mentioned Tau problem.

For thirteen years I had a dog with fur the darkest black. For thirteen years he was my friend, oh how I want him back. 
   
Made in us
Trustworthy Shas'vre




DFW area Texas - Rarely

Puscifer wrote:
Got a minor tidbit of a rumor from a friend who runs an flgs...

Drones are attached to squads and not via drone controllers. They simply act as additional members of squads.

Could this mean drones with different weapon systems?


This is consistent with a few older rumors - where you just "buy" drones.

I had heard something a while back about them allowing "look out sir" rolls, but I don't recall the source, so this may have just been wishlisting or speculation (so, please don't take that as accurate, but I would not be surprised).



Automatically Appended Next Post:
Oh, and perhaps all the mathhammer on just how OP or not various loadouts seems to me to be a bit much energy into something that we have no information on.

Finally, ANYONE have any better info on broadside primary weapon loadouts?

I know there was supposedly a broadside with tons of missiles in the big photospread (near the crease) but could not see the railgun.... (speculation) could this be a missile version? Or just camera angles?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/03/22 21:59:31


DavePak
"Remember, in life, the only thing you absolutely control is your own attitude - do not squander that power."
Fully Painted armies:
TAU: 10k Nids: 9600 Marines: 4000 Crons: 7600
Actor, Gamer, Comic, Corporate Nerd
 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





 AlmightyWalrus wrote:


The point is, it creates an incredibly boring game. Either I don't move up to engage the Tau, in which case I get shot to Kingdom Come, or I move up and try to get into CC, at which point I get shot to Kingdom Come and have my surviving few models eat Overwatch from multiple Firewarrior squads. It only gets worse if Markerlights turn out to work with Overwatch.

Maybe I'm just biased, but playing for almost an entire edition with the weakest MEQ Codex only to be further nerfed by 6th and having people post vengeful bull gak like "MEQs deserve to know what everyone else has to go through!" is kinda annoying; I know just how annoying it feels, which is why I don't want Tau to be completely stacking the odds against MEQ assault units. Assault got worse in 6th already; between cheaper units, better shooting and improved Overwatch, do Tau really need a unit that can simply hang around out of line of sight, jump out to vaporise any MEQ that gets too close and then hide again, giving the MEQ player no way to counter the threat other than staying as far away as possible?

On a side note, what AP does Tau plasma have anyway? If it's 4 like my mate claims my complaints and my math is obviously completely looney anyway.


1- If you don't know the AP of plasma, I'm inclined to believe that the issues you are facing may be, in large part, due to a lack of rules knowledge or tactical experience. If you are merely unaware of the AP of Tau plasma, that would indicate that you have very little experience against them, and thus haven't had the opportunity to learn exactly how easy it is to slaughter crisis suits. (For clarification, Tau plasma is str 6, AP 2. Tau missiles are str 7, AP 4, and may be what your mate was referring to.)

2- Despite your "weak codex" complaints, you have access to every tool necessary to eradicate the unit you seem to fear so much. Typhoons are fast enough to guarantee LOS in most situations and can shoot Krak, the scissors to Crisis-paper, accurately and in high volume for a low points cost. Don't like speeders? LRC. Take two. Tau, despite access to railguns, have difficulty cracking open more than one Land Raider before it has dumped its cargo right in their face. Those plasma suits can't even touch a Raider. Lose a few initiates to overwatch, then gobble up those "broken" suits en masse. Don't like the LRC? Take a couple of vindicators. Either they will hit the suits with their splat cannon, in which case they have served their purpose, or they will occupy enough attention that your MEQ can get close and play.

3- Don't like any of these options? Then you are just shooting yourself in the foot while yelling "Wah! Broken!". If you won't use a wrench, it isn't the bolt's fault that your hammer is useless.

I am a grammar Nazi only because grammar democracy is ineffective. 
   
Made in de
Decrepit Dakkanaut







Brother Captain Alexander wrote:
 Kroothawk wrote:

Activating the Riptide's Nova Engine is risky. It only works on a 3+. If it fails to activate (roll of 1-2) the Riptide suffers a wound.

Tau version of Imperial plasma weaponry

Brother Captain Alexander wrote:Didn't see this posted in the last 5 pages so:
via neko over at Warseer
(...)Activating the Riptide's Nova Engine is risky. It only works on a 3+. If it fails to activate (roll of 1-2) the Riptide suffers a wound.

Seems, you missed your post and the post you quoted 2-3 pages ago
Agreed, a few lines are new though, that means, Neko's quote is very old

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/03/22 22:07:00


Hive Fleet Ouroboros (my Tyranid blog): http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/286852.page
The Dusk-Wraiths of Szith Morcane (my Dark Eldar blog): http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/364786.page
Kroothawk's Malifaux Blog http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/455759.page
If you want to understand the concept of the "Greater Good", read this article, and you never again call Tau commies: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utilitarianism 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Alaska, fort Ricardson

After staring very long at the group pic with all the tau minis, it seems to me that the Broadside with all the missles has both arms ending in missle pods, so it may be a full MP variant.

and as to all the rumors of the Riptide..I truly hope the reactors result is not random, since it will be annoying to have a random activation with a random result, especialy if some of them are not even pertaining to the problem at hand.
a chose function, roll to activate and then deal with results would be much more in keeping with Tau tech styles.

If you are interested in my P&M for my Unified Corp Tau check here ----http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/282731.page
My planetary profile and background story for my Tau is here------http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/351631.page
War Field Boss Marshul Grimdariun's Panzuh Korps http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/353354.page
Tau Prototypes Technical readouts and Data sharing (for all Tau players )http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/412232.page 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Loyal Necron Lychguard





St. Louis, MO

 Tuagh wrote:
If you won't use a wrench, it isn't the bolt's fault that your hammer is useless.


Heh, quoted.

11,100 pts, 7,000 pts
++ Heed my words for I am the Herald and we are the footsteps of doom. Interlopers, do we name you. Defilers of our
sacred earth. We have awoken to your primative species and will not tolerate your presence. Ours is the way of logic,
of cold hard reason: your irrationality, your human disease has no place in the necrontyr. Flesh is weak.
Surrender to the machine incarnate. Surrender and die.
++

Tuagh wrote: If you won't use a wrench, it isn't the bolt's fault that your hammer is useless.
 
   
Made in us
Shas'o Commanding the Hunter Kadre





Richmond, VA

 AlmightyWalrus wrote:


Maybe I'm just biased, but playing for almost an entire edition with the weakest MEQ Codex


Black templars can do the foot horde thing very well, and tau wasting plasma on 4+ save guys is bad for the tau. With righteous zeal you cover the field faster than any other force barring blood angel jump troops.

Aside from that, the ability to have tank hunters on dreads and termies, cheap landspeeders, POTMS vindicators and excellent assault marines, as well as other bells and wistles, BT still is quite strong, but they aren't easy mode. If you want easy mode, go grab an IG, nercon or GK codex. If you want to play the army you like, you must adapt to the edition. You cannot run rhino spam anymore for any melee army, but beyond that BT are still going strong.

Adapt or be left behind.

Desert Hunters of Vior'la The Purge Iron Hands Adepts of Pestilence Tallaran Desert Raiders Grey Knight Teleport Assault Force
Lt. Coldfire wrote:Seems to me that you should be refereeing and handing out red cards--like a boss.

 Peregrine wrote:
SCREEE I'M A SEAGULL SCREE SCREEEE!!!!!
 
   
Made in se
Ferocious Black Templar Castellan






Sweden

 Tuagh wrote:
 AlmightyWalrus wrote:


The point is, it creates an incredibly boring game. Either I don't move up to engage the Tau, in which case I get shot to Kingdom Come, or I move up and try to get into CC, at which point I get shot to Kingdom Come and have my surviving few models eat Overwatch from multiple Firewarrior squads. It only gets worse if Markerlights turn out to work with Overwatch.

Maybe I'm just biased, but playing for almost an entire edition with the weakest MEQ Codex only to be further nerfed by 6th and having people post vengeful bull gak like "MEQs deserve to know what everyone else has to go through!" is kinda annoying; I know just how annoying it feels, which is why I don't want Tau to be completely stacking the odds against MEQ assault units. Assault got worse in 6th already; between cheaper units, better shooting and improved Overwatch, do Tau really need a unit that can simply hang around out of line of sight, jump out to vaporise any MEQ that gets too close and then hide again, giving the MEQ player no way to counter the threat other than staying as far away as possible?

On a side note, what AP does Tau plasma have anyway? If it's 4 like my mate claims my complaints and my math is obviously completely looney anyway.


1- If you don't know the AP of plasma, I'm inclined to believe that the issues you are facing may be, in large part, due to a lack of rules knowledge or tactical experience. If you are merely unaware of the AP of Tau plasma, that would indicate that you have very little experience against them, and thus haven't had the opportunity to learn exactly how easy it is to slaughter crisis suits. (For clarification, Tau plasma is str 6, AP 2. Tau missiles are str 7, AP 4, and may be what your mate was referring to.)

2- Despite your "weak codex" complaints, you have access to every tool necessary to eradicate the unit you seem to fear so much. Typhoons are fast enough to guarantee LOS in most situations and can shoot Krak, the scissors to Crisis-paper, accurately and in high volume for a low points cost. Don't like speeders? LRC. Take two. Tau, despite access to railguns, have difficulty cracking open more than one Land Raider before it has dumped its cargo right in their face. Those plasma suits can't even touch a Raider. Lose a few initiates to overwatch, then gobble up those "broken" suits en masse. Don't like the LRC? Take a couple of vindicators. Either they will hit the suits with their splat cannon, in which case they have served their purpose, or they will occupy enough attention that your MEQ can get close and play.

3- Don't like any of these options? Then you are just shooting yourself in the foot while yelling "Wah! Broken!". If you won't use a wrench, it isn't the bolt's fault that your hammer is useless.


Starting off, trying to snipe at me for lacking experience when my question clearly concerned Tau plasma is rather low. Starting off with a personal attack isn't, in my opinion, a very good way to base an argument.

So what happens when that double LRC list runs into anyone else with a modicum of anti-tank (or, for that matter, eat Railguns to the face)?

What happens to those Speeders if the Tau player gets first turn? Or if he's clever enough to actually hide behind a wall, where I'm not getting any LOS to him unless being well within Pulse Rifle Range?

Again, losing the front 9 models is losing a great deal of distance to the Crisis suits (not to mention half a blob) that will jump away after shooting them. Sure, there's Righteous Zeal. There's a 27% chance of me running away and even if I do succeed I'd probably need at least a 4 to even get up to the point I was at before the shooting. Add a Chaplain and things start looking better, but he's a 150 point investment in a 285 point shad that is now quite a bit more expensive than the Crisis Suit with Markerlight support, and much less agile.

What anti-MEQ weapon are you shooting at the Vindicators and thus not at the MEQ? Erroneous target priority on your opponent's part is not something to be relied upon.

Again, I'd really encourage you to stop with the personal attacks and actually read what I wrote. Crisis Suits in the iteration we're discussing wouldn't be OP (and I've never claimed they would be, in fact I said the complete opposite), they'd be a complete middle finger to any MEQ assault army that will already be hard-pressed to get into CC.

In fact, let's forget that I'm discussing this from a BT POV. What would Blood Angels do? Devestators are going to get Markerlighted and Riptide'd off the table. Any army that relies on 3+ saves to get into CC will beat a severe disadvantage from the get-go, whereas it'd matter a lot less against the fast CC foes Tau seemingly don't have nearly as good an answer to.

I'll move the discussion to the 40k General Forum since I'm dragging way off topic.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/03/22 22:55:05


For thirteen years I had a dog with fur the darkest black. For thirteen years he was my friend, oh how I want him back. 
   
Made in us
Trustworthy Shas'vre




DFW area Texas - Rarely

Guys, can we take the discussion regarding the relatively strengths of the MEQ codex and old tau codex in conjunction with knowledge and skill off line, or to private messages?

While containing a few tactical insights, and many humorous snarky comments, overall it’s a bit …well, lets just say, perhaps not best debated in THIS thread?

You can endlessly play “what if” and “but this” – I just sincerely ask you not do so here, thanks.

Now, back to New tau stuff:

 Soo'Vah'Cha wrote:
After staring very long at the group pic with all the tau minis, it seems to me that the Broadside with all the missles has both arms ending in missle pods, so it may be a full MP variant.


SVC - Thanks! This is what I was trying to figure out about broadsides.

I am seriously considering modding my XV9 suits to be broadsides, and am trying to determine weapon loadouts.
I think i can convert my old railguns (um...I have a lot of them....) to some kind of double barreled weapon, but was trying ti figure out what else they might have.

My XV9's are currently magnetized, and I am hoping it won't be too much work to make somd kind of rail weapons for them....and maybe make some mount points for the plasma/sms options (I think I saw a pic of a new broadside with two plasmas on him).

If anyone else has insights on the new broadsides, or better pictures, or ideas on how to use XV9's for them, I would love to hear ideas!!

As a person who has played tau throughout all of 5th and 6th (even competitively, yeah, sometimes it was rough) I am very excited for the new book and look forward to whatever comes.

DavePak
"Remember, in life, the only thing you absolutely control is your own attitude - do not squander that power."
Fully Painted armies:
TAU: 10k Nids: 9600 Marines: 4000 Crons: 7600
Actor, Gamer, Comic, Corporate Nerd
 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Alaska, fort Ricardson

I did this with my crisis suits a while back, just because I disliked the old look of Broadsides..


Funny thing is its on a big base and is taller..so it may be right on the mark for the new suits.

It was fairly easy, so people wanting to maybe avoid the 50.00 per cost for the new broadsides may consider a bit of converting.

If you are interested in my P&M for my Unified Corp Tau check here ----http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/282731.page
My planetary profile and background story for my Tau is here------http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/351631.page
War Field Boss Marshul Grimdariun's Panzuh Korps http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/353354.page
Tau Prototypes Technical readouts and Data sharing (for all Tau players )http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/412232.page 
   
Made in us
Trustworthy Shas'vre




DFW area Texas - Rarely

 Soo'Vah'Cha wrote:
I did this with my crisis suits a while back, just because I disliked the old look of Broadsides..


Funny thing is its on a big base and is taller..so it may be right on the mark for the new suits.

It was fairly easy, so people wanting to maybe avoid the 50.00 per cost for the new broadsides may consider a bit of converting.
\

AWESOME ! Great looking stuff SVC, I have seen your project blog as well, and love your camo scheme(s) and creative conversions.

While I don't think my XV9-Broadside conversion will look as cool, your stuff is clearly inspiration. Of course, you have also given me the idea of taking some of my current crisis/broadsides and beefing them up and putting them on 60mm bases.

I am wondering what a cool missile rifle would look like (I like the rifle/sniper concept of the new broadside).

thanks for sharing!

DavePak
"Remember, in life, the only thing you absolutely control is your own attitude - do not squander that power."
Fully Painted armies:
TAU: 10k Nids: 9600 Marines: 4000 Crons: 7600
Actor, Gamer, Comic, Corporate Nerd
 
   
Made in nz
Trustworthy Shas'vre





In a hole in New Zealand with internet access

 Soo'Vah'Cha wrote:
I did this with my crisis suits a while back, just because I disliked the old look of Broadsides..


Funny thing is its on a big base and is taller..so it may be right on the mark for the new suits.

It was fairly easy, so people wanting to maybe avoid the 50.00 per cost for the new broadsides may consider a bit of converting.


They look quite nice. Do we even know that the new broadsides are XV88s? I get the feeling that they are XV98s. Same thing happened to stealth suits so I don't see why it hasn't happened to broadsides, unless give clear evidence of course.

   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Alaska, fort Ricardson

they were still listed in the leaked pics as broadside XV-88 , which is cool always liked that number

If you are interested in my P&M for my Unified Corp Tau check here ----http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/282731.page
My planetary profile and background story for my Tau is here------http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/351631.page
War Field Boss Marshul Grimdariun's Panzuh Korps http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/353354.page
Tau Prototypes Technical readouts and Data sharing (for all Tau players )http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/412232.page 
   
Made in nz
Trustworthy Shas'vre





In a hole in New Zealand with internet access

Oh, that is a little disappointing. They do seem to be much heavier, which is what the classes are base on isn't it. Would it be right to say that a XV8 is 4 times heavier than a XV2? seems right doesn't it.

   
Made in de
Pulsating Possessed Chaos Marine






Actually there are none types over XV-88 left even 89 is used already. Probably they call the new one XV88-3?

5650 points Exorcists 1st, 2nd & 11th Company
4875 points Word Bearers & Pact Daemons
2000 points Har'Kias Sept Hunter Cadre
1600 points Angels of Despair Deathwing
650 points Herkasion Tech Schism
Everything 6th edition, probably need to make new lists...
Malifaux Guild & Ressis 
   
Made in nz
Trustworthy Shas'vre





In a hole in New Zealand with internet access

They're isn't a XV98 is there? The first number number is a weight class, not a description. The second number is the purpose of the suit. 8 being heavy weapon platform or something to that end. Granted that a newer player might be confused that a XV9 suit from forgeworld looks different than a XV9 from GW if them made them.

   
Made in de
Pulsating Possessed Chaos Marine






Actually I find it a bit confusing, do XV8 and 9 don't have such a purpose clarification number because their equipment is not that specialized like the XV88, but why does the XV25 have one then?

5650 points Exorcists 1st, 2nd & 11th Company
4875 points Word Bearers & Pact Daemons
2000 points Har'Kias Sept Hunter Cadre
1600 points Angels of Despair Deathwing
650 points Herkasion Tech Schism
Everything 6th edition, probably need to make new lists...
Malifaux Guild & Ressis 
   
Made in us
Leader of the Sept






So, What new fluff are you hoping for? I really hope for more fluff on stealth suits and Septs.

5000pts 6000pts 3000pts
 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






Omadon's Realm

 hotsauceman1 wrote:
So, What new fluff are you hoping for? I really hope for more fluff on stealth suits and Septs.


I'm very keen to see the new fluff reasoning for battle brothers alliance rating with Space Marines...



 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Alaska, fort Ricardson

Any new fluff that doe not just toss all the old fluff out the window is welcomed and hoped for, no ret-conning just give us the 4th expansion or something like, as meangreenstompa said some relations explanations would be nice, I dont want any over the top stuff either, we dont need a cadre wiping out a hivefleet or some other nonsense.

Just give us some new stuff to chew on, and alot of cool new hints and maybe allied racial names..its been so long since the Tau had any real infusion of fluff, kinda feel starved.

If you are interested in my P&M for my Unified Corp Tau check here ----http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/282731.page
My planetary profile and background story for my Tau is here------http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/351631.page
War Field Boss Marshul Grimdariun's Panzuh Korps http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/353354.page
Tau Prototypes Technical readouts and Data sharing (for all Tau players )http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/412232.page 
   
Made in us
Leader of the Sept






Or more Tau foolishness where they trust the DE.

5000pts 6000pts 3000pts
 
   
Made in nz
Longtime Dakkanaut





United Kingdom

 hotsauceman1 wrote:
Or more Tau foolishness where they trust the DE.


Or try to make friends with Necrons...

Personally I want to see the Ethereals expanded on

   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






Omadon's Realm

A new peace treaty with Ultramar would explain the alliance options.



 
   
Made in us
Drone without a Controller




Baltimore, MD

 Shadox wrote:
Actually I find it a bit confusing, do XV8 and 9 don't have such a purpose clarification number because their equipment is not that specialized like the XV88, but why does the XV25 have one then?


First number is the mass class of the XV armor--XV1 is standard fire warrior armor and at the other end is 104 which obviously is much larger.
Second number is simply the number in the series of that particular mass class--XV88 is the eighth class of suit in eight mass class.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/03/23 01:33:55


"The goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important--not the winning" --Dr. Knizia

5000pts Tau "Crash Cadre"

I'm always looking for new friends around Baltimore! 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: