Switch Theme:

Age of Sigmar N & R: BR:Kragnos and Soulblight p.132.  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





Illinois

The timing and manner of the reveal of the new Kroak is interesting. You'd think he'd get as much hoopla as Belakor given he's a centerpiece and reimaging of a classic character. Maybe like a preview on one of those Saturday morning programs...

Perhaps some rumormonger had info that forced GW to reveal him earlier than planned. He's a powerful enough character to get his own book and now that it appears there's no rules for him in this Seraphon-included BR chapter, does it mean he gets his own book down the road? Or does this mean Seraphon are going to face off against another army in a battle box where Kroak is released in addition to such battle box?

You can find me in the Chicago Tiki Room, where the drinks are always strong but don't taste that way!!!

http://popschicagotikiroom.blogspot.com/

https://twitter.com/PopsChTikiRoom 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

Warhammer Community wrote:Warhammer Age of Sigmar fans rejoice! Every week this month, we’re showcasing a new miniature set to star in an upcoming Broken Realms book. What’s more, we’re kicking things off this week with a double-whammy – a father-and-daughter combo hailing from the witch-hunting Order of Azyr.


They told us on April 5th what they were planning on doing. It's basically a continuation of "Miniature Monday" that March had, just focused on AoS.
   
Made in us
Legendary Master of the Chapter





Chicago, Illinois

Thats pretty cool so next week we will get another model? I wonder if it is the next BR character Karakros
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Depends how much is coming for each book release.
If Kroak is alongside Belakor then we aren’t quite to that book yet..
   
Made in fi
Courageous Space Marine Captain







So the witch hunters are not in this book? Where then?

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane. 
   
Made in us
Lieutenant General





Florence, KY

 Crimson wrote:
Spoiler:

So the witch hunters are not in this book? Where then?

Either in Broken Realms: Kragnos or a future Broken Realms book.

Spoiler:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/14 19:14:31


'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




People got mad at Teclis stopping the necroquake think how mad everybody gets at whatever Kroak does.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





I assume the witch hunters will show up whenever the soul blight get a more in-depth broken realms spotlight. After all, we still have that big tease from book 1. Wonder what the lack of necroquake-ness will mean for them.

Also, are we going to see less endless spells? Some of them have had pretty cool models, others are hard passes.

   
Made in gb
Last Remaining Whole C'Tan






Is it just me, or does Lord Kroak not look at all dead and Mummified?

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
Is it just me, or does Lord Kroak not look at all dead and Mummified?


Maybe he just got better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzYO0joolR0

   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut






 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
Is it just me, or does Lord Kroak not look at all dead and Mummified?


He looks dessicated, which is what he should after being mummified. Someone just did him the grace of getting rid of the bandages.
   
Made in us
Stern Iron Priest with Thrall Bodyguard





Yeah, mummies only have bones showing through when they’ve been damaged. It always weirded me out that the Skinks put in charge of maintaining Lord Kroak’s mortal remains would let them get damaged to the point of his bones being exposed like on the old model.

"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in us
Auspicious Skink Shaman




Xalapa, Veracruz, Mexico

 Inquisitor Gideon wrote:
 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
Is it just me, or does Lord Kroak not look at all dead and Mummified?


He looks dessicated, which is what he should after being mummified. Someone just did him the grace of getting rid of the bandages.


He still has the bandages.

I wonder how many people has been relatively close to real mummies. I worked with animal mummies. They are not a bunch of bones wrapped on bandages; they are dehydrated organisms. Damaged mummies can show bones sticking out of the flesh, but that's not an universal ocurrance. The craniums can have empty eye sockets because of the composition of the eyes and teeth fall off because the dehydration of the gums.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/04/14 21:51:16


 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Given that the lizardmen are now star beings, made of azyr light, I guess a more fleshy Kroak works. (Though Slann were the only lizardmen to remain fleshy, until the second battle tome iirc.)

It's not too late to grab his OG model though, for those that want a skeleton slann. Expensive conversion and he'll be smaller (and resin), but I'm sure someone will do it.

Honestly, the old model holds up really well. The dead skink and the lizard bones are really cool touches that are absent from the new one.
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




They changed Kroak's look from just a skeleton to an actual mummy, they're supposed to have some jerky on their bones left.
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





OKC, OK USA

 GaroRobe wrote:
Also, are we going to see less endless spells? Some of them have had pretty cool models, others are hard passes.



Why should we? As I understand it, the Necroquake released them from containment, it didn't create them. Ending the Necroquake wouldn't suddenly re-imprison the Endless Spells.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/15 00:33:35


You know you're really doing something when you can make strangers hate you over the Internet. - Mauleed
Just remember folks. Panic. Panic all the time. It's the only way to survive, other than just being mindful, of course-but geez, that's so friggin' boring. - Aegis Grimm
Hallowed is the All Pie
The Before Times: A Place That Celebrates The World That Was 
   
Made in us
Auspicious Skink Shaman




Xalapa, Veracruz, Mexico

 GaroRobe wrote:
Given that the lizardmen are now star beings, made of azyr light


Retconed. We organic again (except Kroak, who is just whatever he wants).
   
Made in us
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle






 CMLR wrote:
 GaroRobe wrote:
Given that the lizardmen are now star beings, made of azyr light


Retconed. We organic again (except Kroak, who is just whatever he wants).
It's more complicated than that.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Platuan4th wrote:
 GaroRobe wrote:
Also, are we going to see less endless spells? Some of them have had pretty cool models, others are hard passes.



Why should we? As I understand it, the Necroquake released them from containment, it didn't create them. Ending the Necroquake wouldn't suddenly re-imprison the Endless Spells.
Endless spells are a result of the arcanum optinar, which was triggered by the Necroquake, which itself was like an earthquake with aftershocks rather than a state of being. Say an earthquake breaks a dam and subsequent earthquakes keep damaging it further. Stopping the quakes will make it so things aren't getting worse, but the dam is still broken and all the water that spilled out is still flooding everything.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/15 02:55:52


 
   
Made in fi
Ye Lord of The End Times (and a good guy)





 Popsghostly wrote:
The timing and manner of the reveal of the new Kroak is interesting. You'd think he'd get as much hoopla as Belakor given he's a centerpiece and reimaging of a classic character. Maybe like a preview on one of those Saturday morning programs...

Perhaps some rumormonger had info that forced GW to reveal him earlier than planned. He's a powerful enough character to get his own book and now that it appears there's no rules for him in this Seraphon-included BR chapter, does it mean he gets his own book down the road? Or does this mean Seraphon are going to face off against another army in a battle box where Kroak is released in addition to such battle box?


"While we can’t spill the beans about his role in the epic saga of the Broken Realms quite yet,"

They kind of points out he's part of BR releases.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Danny76 wrote:
Depends how much is coming for each book release.
If Kroak is alongside Belakor then we aren’t quite to that book yet..


We know already Kroak isnt' part of Be'lakor book. It's BR:4 earliest.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 CMLR wrote:
 GaroRobe wrote:
Given that the lizardmen are now star beings, made of azyr light


Retconed. We organic again (except Kroak, who is just whatever he wants).


Why then there's these "star borne" and "coalesced"?

Coalesced are the fleshy ones. Star borne's are still basically good daemons.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/04/15 05:38:05


2021 painted/bought: 497/449 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





tneva82 wrote:
 Popsghostly wrote:
The timing and manner of the reveal of the new Kroak is interesting. You'd think he'd get as much hoopla as Belakor given he's a centerpiece and reimaging of a classic character. Maybe like a preview on one of those Saturday morning programs...

Perhaps some rumormonger had info that forced GW to reveal him earlier than planned. He's a powerful enough character to get his own book and now that it appears there's no rules for him in this Seraphon-included BR chapter, does it mean he gets his own book down the road? Or does this mean Seraphon are going to face off against another army in a battle box where Kroak is released in addition to such battle box?


"While we can’t spill the beans about his role in the epic saga of the Broken Realms quite yet,"

They kind of points out he's part of BR releases.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Danny76 wrote:
Depends how much is coming for each book release.
If Kroak is alongside Belakor then we aren’t quite to that book yet..


We know already Kroak isnt' part of Be'lakor book. It's BR:4 earliest.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 CMLR wrote:
 GaroRobe wrote:
Given that the lizardmen are now star beings, made of azyr light


Retconed. We organic again (except Kroak, who is just whatever he wants).


Why then there's these "star borne" and "coalesced"?

Coalesced are the fleshy ones. Star borne's are still basically good daemons.


Ha yeah, I just realised what I wrote.
I meant alongside a book after Be’lakor.
What I get for quickly doing phone replies,
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







tneva82 wrote:
Coalesced are the fleshy ones. Star borne's are still basically good daemons.


Order Daemons, surely? As we can see with the Kangaroo Elves, Order =/= Good...

2021 Plog - Here we go again... - my fifth attempt at a Dakka PLOG

My [url=https://pileofpotential.com/dysartes]Pile of Potential[/url - updates ongoing...

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.


 Kanluwen wrote:
This is, emphatically, why I will continue suggesting nuking Guard and starting over again. It's a legacy army that needs to be rebooted with a new focal point.

Confirmation of why no-one should listen to Kanluwen when it comes to the IG - he doesn't want the IG, he want's Kan's New Model Army... 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




The lizards are the goodest demon-nbs, and no one will tell me otherwise.
   
Made in us
Auspicious Skink Shaman




Xalapa, Veracruz, Mexico

tneva82 wrote:

 CMLR wrote:
 GaroRobe wrote:
Given that the lizardmen are now star beings, made of azyr light


Retconed. We organic again (except Kroak, who is just whatever he wants).


Why then there's these "star borne" and "coalesced"?

Coalesced are the fleshy ones. Star borne's are still basically good daemons.


Originally, when killed, Seraphon exploded into a burst of light that harmed Chaos Daemons. Nowadays they are yet again organic beings, stablished since a short story in Malign Portents. Starborne are magic focused, Coalesced aren't. Starborne are practically waiting in high orbit. Coalesced have stablished colonies on the ground.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/15 13:05:42


 
   
Made in us
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle






I encourage you or anyone to read the fluff in the new battletome, which explains things out fully. What you have there is not quite accurate.
   
Made in us
Lieutenant General





Florence, KY

From 'Six of the Best Units in Broken Realms: Be’lakor' on Warhammer Community:

Doomseekers are zealous warriors who will stop at nothing to slay their chosen mark in combat, or die trying. It would seem they’ve been putting in some time at those trendy axe-throwing pubs since the previous Fyreslayers battletome, and it shows!



On top of that, they’re even more dedicated to taking down their quarry. Take a look at their improved Oathbound ability.



Not to be outdone, Grimwrath Berzerkers get the same boost to their fyresteel throwing axes. They’ve also learned some new tricks in the form of a set of Grimwrath Oaths. You can choose which one you want to use for the duration of your game, adding loads of tactical depth. Here are three of the six to give you an idea.



And some more info for Be'lakor himself:




'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in gb
Last Remaining Whole C'Tan






Be’lakor?

Feed ‘im to da Squigs, ‘Arold.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in us
Stern Iron Priest with Thrall Bodyguard





Not sure about that Dark Master ability. I mean, if they aren’t doing anything, they definitely aren’t dancing…
Unless that’s why they can’t do anything else, because he’s commanded/tricked them into doing a little jig instead of what they were supposed to be doing?

"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in gb
Nurgle Predator Driver with an Infestation






Very underwhelmed by the NH stuff so far. Hey ho, time will tell.

Chaos | Tau | Space Wolves
Death | SCE | Nurgle
 
   
Made in fi
Ye Lord of The End Times (and a good guy)





 Mr_Rose wrote:
Not sure about that Dark Master ability. I mean, if they aren’t doing anything, they definitely aren’t dancing…
Unless that’s why they can’t do anything else, because he’s commanded/tricked them into doing a little jig instead of what they were supposed to be doing?


It's same as before except affects more things, target not predetermned and killing be'lakor stops using later. Barring last its more powerful version of already powerful rule.

More than 33% damage increase at full strength, more damage at 7 wounds, infinite more damage more wound(as old one would be dead already) and almost twice durability. Over 50% point hike btj he was too cheap before.

2021 painted/bought: 497/449 
   
Made in us
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle






 lare2 wrote:
Very underwhelmed by the NH stuff so far. Hey ho, time will tell.
Yeah, I think we simply don't have all the pieces we'd need to see how much of a buff it is. 5+ deathless is nice, but seems to require a ranged attack dealing damage so unless that attack is reliable the ability would be lackluster. The changes to harridans don't fix their core issue in just being a bunch of low-rend attacks that chainrasps or reapers can provide more efficiently.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/16 17:53:32


 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: