Switch Theme:

[40K] Kill Team News & Rumours page 148 : Arena expansion, new warzone and new models  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Repentia Mistress





Kansas

The bottom line is that some people want the 'core box set', some don't feel the need for it. For a variety of reasons.

Some of you appear unwilling grasp the fact that different regions/cities/hamlets have different play styles, a different FLGS 'culture', and/or different group or personal 'wants' or 'needs'.

I can't for the life of me figure out why some of you are so dead set on argument. I'm popping in here for news, not griping and people fruitlessly trying to change each other's personal opinions.

   
Made in gb
Imperial Admiral





Glasgow

 Toofast wrote:
Why do you need a starter box for Death Guard or 1k sons?

Because they'll get their expanded tactics sets when the team starters arrive?
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





Yeah, they will also get to go up to 10 tactics as all the others have, but only once they got their boxes.

I guess too many people have forgotten earlier in this thread about the cards.
We had a lot of complaints as it was the only way to get more tactics for some Kill Teams
   
Made in si
Steady Stonecleaver







 Scott-S6 wrote:
 Toofast wrote:
Why do you need a starter box for Death Guard or 1k sons?

Because they'll get their expanded tactics sets when the team starters arrive?


And then the people who already bought the models without cards will complain that they don't have cards, and the people carrying water for GW will lecture them how it's their own fault and they should have just waited for faction starters, even though right now they're saying you don't need faction starters and should just buy the models now.

Posters on ignore list: 33

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in gb
Imperial Admiral





Glasgow

Since all of the tactics are now in the KT app they won't need to go and buy them unless they want the physical cards or need them for an event they're playing in (although I'd hope that the app eliminates that requirement)
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka






Which app is that?
   
Made in gb
Imperial Admiral





Glasgow

Kill Team Manager.

It's not great, imo, but it does list all of the tactics relevant to your team (general, faction and specialist)

ETA - Hmm, I was under the impression that this app was official but apparently it is not. Someone's going to be getting a C&D for using all of the official logos and giving all of the rules away.

I guess cards will still be required for events.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/01/02 13:01:38


 
   
Made in gb
Death-Dealing Dark Angels Devastator



Leeds, UK

 Scott-S6 wrote:
Kill Team Manager.

It's not great, imo, but it does list all of the tactics relevant to your team (general, faction and specialist)


It's also not provided by GW. So some may be unhappy with using it as a rules source.
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

 Scott-S6 wrote:
I guess cards will still be required for events.
Are the rules on the cards not also printed in the various KT books?

   
Made in gb
Imperial Admiral





Glasgow

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
 Scott-S6 wrote:
I guess cards will still be required for events.
Are the rules on the cards not also printed in the various KT books?

No.

Only some of the faction tactics are in the books - there are faction tactics that are exclusive to the faction starter boxes (which includes some of the best ones). For example, Marines have 6 tactics printed in the core book and have 13 tactics cards in their starter box (one of which is for the mechanicus killzone).

Additionally, there are extra specialist tactics in the kill zone boxes. For example there are 3 comms tactics in the core book, two in the mechanicus kill zone, one in the munitorum kill zone and two in the wall of martyrs kill zone.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/01/02 14:06:10


 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

And, just to be clear, these are only printed on cards, and not cards and also the booklet that comes with those expansion boxes?

   
Made in gb
Imperial Admiral





Glasgow

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
And, just to be clear, these are only printed on cards, and not cards and also the booklet that comes with those expansion boxes?

Only on cards - the booklets have no rules content whatsoever.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Myrtle Creek, OR

Sounds like they learned some tactics from FFG before they broke off the relationship
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 privateer4hire wrote:
Sounds like they learned some tactics from FFG before they broke off the relationship

Let's see.... Are there at least three different card sizes in the game? Yup. Tons of tokens? Yup. Holy crap, you might be on to something there...
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Just need proprietary dice with lots of symbols.

   
Made in si
Steady Stonecleaver







Kill Team: Arena

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/01/05/breaking-news-new-models-new-expansions-and-exclusive-revealsgw-homepage-post-1

Kill Team: Arena is designed to transform Kill Team into a tournament-ready competitive skirmish wargame. Inside the expansion, you’ll find rules designed to offer a tightly balanced gaming experience that’ll test your tactical abilities to the limit, plus guidelines for running events of your own. Pre-constructed maps provide a consistent gaming experience for all, while a set of missions ensure a varied and exciting challenge.


Posters on ignore list: 33

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in us
Ancient Ultramarine Venerable Dreadnought





The new admech guy is.... interesting.


Iron Warriors 442nd Grand Battalion: 3.2k points
Carcharodons 4th Company: 2k points  
   
Made in gb
Fresh-Faced New User





Well, between that and the Genestealer Cult stuff looks like it's gonna be an expensive start to the year...
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut



UK

But don't you guys remember the last fifteen pages?

You'll never be able to buy Admech or GSC stuff if the starter set is out of print.

GW aren't going to support Kill Team and all the things they've said about it getting support for three years is all lies.

Check out my youtube channel at www.youtube.com/channel/UCc8CECcBOeCO-srhlUwf_lQ 
   
Made in gb
Been Around the Block




 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Just need proprietary dice with lots of symbols.


May I present, Adeptus Titanicus and Blackstone Fortress...
   
Made in es
Fresh-Faced New User




Ben2 wrote:
But don't you guys remember the last fifteen pages?

You'll never be able to buy Admech or GSC stuff if the starter set is out of print.

GW aren't going to support Kill Team and all the things they've said about it getting support for three years is all lies.


Lmao

Spoiler:


This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/01/05 11:34:55


 
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

DarrinTheOccult wrote:
Ben2 wrote:
But don't you guys remember the last fifteen pages?

You'll never be able to buy Admech or GSC stuff if the starter set is out of print.

GW aren't going to support Kill Team and all the things they've said about it getting support for three years is all lies.


Lmao

Spoiler:




Yeah, they were being sarcastic.
   
Made in es
Fresh-Faced New User




 ImAGeek wrote:
DarrinTheOccult wrote:
Ben2 wrote:
But don't you guys remember the last fifteen pages?

You'll never be able to buy Admech or GSC stuff if the starter set is out of print.

GW aren't going to support Kill Team and all the things they've said about it getting support for three years is all lies.


Lmao

Spoiler:




Yeah, they were being sarcastic.
I know I know, it was for adding even more humor
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

I must own this:



And... *gasp*... neues Gebäude!!!:



Pretty Killzone.

   
Made in ca
Regular Dakkanaut





Ben2 wrote:
GW aren't going to support Kill Team and all the things they've said about it getting support for three years is all lies.


To be quite honest if you are existed about Arena then we have vary different levels of expectation for what support means. Everything save for the core box and Rogue Trader nothing has been outstanding or even sweat breaking for GW.

BSF seems to be going down the Kingdom Death Monster path of single monster or possibly themed expansions. And the first expansion isn't just a rebranded 40K mini/terrain. Necro and WHQ are getting new stuff with little use in 40K, KT seems to still be a dump zone of the main game.

And seriously GW, Frag 40K?!?!? Can't wait to here the in game justification for playing a tabletop version of a '90s FPS. Better throw in rules for that Noise Marine...
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut



UK

I'm wondering how Old West you could go with that Killzone.

I reckon a couple of shanties, some crates and barrels, and some floors to turn the ruins into more ruined buildings and join some of the larger ruins together with roofing or a walkway.

Hmm. I've got some of that stuff I can do a mock up with.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Chairman Aeon wrote:
Ben2 wrote:
GW aren't going to support Kill Team and all the things they've said about it getting support for three years is all lies.


To be quite honest if you are existed about Arena then we have vary different levels of expectation for what support means. Everything save for the core box and Rogue Trader nothing has been outstanding or even sweat breaking for GW.

BSF seems to be going down the Kingdom Death Monster path of single monster or possibly themed expansions. And the first expansion isn't just a rebranded 40K mini/terrain. Necro and WHQ are getting new stuff with little use in 40K, KT seems to still be a dump zone of the main game.

And seriously GW, Frag 40K?!?!? Can't wait to here the in game justification for playing a tabletop version of a '90s FPS. Better throw in rules for that Noise Marine...


So supplements giving you different ways to play don't count by your definition and killzones and faction boxes don't count either. Giving new minis in Kill Team which will inevitably have 40k rules is somehow bad as well.

What is your definition of support and would it be possible for any company to meet it? Since releasing new minis and rules doesn't count for some reason.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/01/05 13:28:36


Check out my youtube channel at www.youtube.com/channel/UCc8CECcBOeCO-srhlUwf_lQ 
   
Made in us
Contagious Dreadnought of Nurgle





Figures, I just picked up the Wall of Martyrs killzone, and here comes a better one!
   
Made in gb
Imperial Admiral





Glasgow

 Nightlord1987 wrote:
Figures, I just picked up the Wall of Martyrs killzone, and here comes a better one!

You know you want all of the kill zones...
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





Ben2 wrote:
I'm wondering how Old West you could go with that Killzone.

I reckon a couple of shanties, some crates and barrels, and some floors to turn the ruins into more ruined buildings and join some of the larger ruins together with roofing or a walkway.

Hmm. I've got some of that stuff I can do a mock up with.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Chairman Aeon wrote:
Ben2 wrote:
GW aren't going to support Kill Team and all the things they've said about it getting support for three years is all lies.


To be quite honest if you are existed about Arena then we have vary different levels of expectation for what support means. Everything save for the core box and Rogue Trader nothing has been outstanding or even sweat breaking for GW.

BSF seems to be going down the Kingdom Death Monster path of single monster or possibly themed expansions. And the first expansion isn't just a rebranded 40K mini/terrain. Necro and WHQ are getting new stuff with little use in 40K, KT seems to still be a dump zone of the main game.

And seriously GW, Frag 40K?!?!? Can't wait to here the in game justification for playing a tabletop version of a '90s FPS. Better throw in rules for that Noise Marine...


So supplements giving you different ways to play don't count by your definition and killzones and faction boxes don't count either. Giving new minis in Kill Team which will inevitably have 40k rules is somehow bad as well.

What is your definition of support and would it be possible for any company to meet it? Since releasing new minis and rules doesn't count for some reason.


   
Made in us
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader




 Nightlord1987 wrote:
Figures, I just picked up the Wall of Martyrs killzone, and here comes a better one!


Do you mean the arena? Because 'desert with generic ruin walls' seems as far from interesting as you could get. That's basically every no-effort 40k table from 3rd edition onwards.

Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: