Switch Theme:

[Adepta Sororitas] Box preview pg 98  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Been Around the Block




tneva82 wrote:
 Melissia wrote:
A.T. wrote:
Preceptories are up to around 1000 sisters each, give or take, but represent a subsidiary convent or a large detachment from an order without a specific fixed size.
This is an important point here. Sisters do not have rigidly defined numbers. There might be anywhere from a few dozen thousand Sisters in the entire galaxy to hundreds of millions at any given time, because GW has never felt the number of Sisters important to define.

You can't see "three preceptories" and automatically think "oh that's 3000 women". GW hasn't given any useful definitions of those, numbers-wise.



Well that 3 preceptories better be three million sisters then.


It's prolly closest to 30,000 and each sister is almost a space marine. People forget that the rogue trader reason for sisters was to keep the space marines in line...
   
Made in us
Krazed Killa Kan






Columbus, Oh

 rayphoton wrote:
Are we really hard arguing the consumption abilities of fantasy psychic space bugs in a universe that's known for being stupidly over the top and blatently ridiculous?


Yes. Yes they are.

Because internet. Lol


2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

Order of St Ursula (Sisters of Battle): W-2, L-1, T-1
Get of Freki (Space Wolves): W-3, L-1, T-1
Hive Fleet Portentosa (Nids/Stealers): W-6, L-4, T-0
Omega Marines (vanilla Space Marine): W-1, L-6, T-2
Waagh Magshak (Orks): W-4, L-0, T-1
A.V.P.D.W.: W-0, L-2, T-0

www.40korigins.com
bringing 40k Events to Origins Game Fair in Columbus, Oh. Ask me for more info! 
   
Made in fr
Hallowed Canoness





pm713 wrote:
 Hybrid Son Of Oxayotl wrote:
So the Sisters went to the planet so that the tyranid could come and kill them all? Good plan!

They went there because one of them had a vision. Visions are from the God-Emperor and lead to positive outcomes. So yes, it was a good plan.

Hence the “bad fluff” part.
 Galas wrote:
Biomass=/=Living things.
A planet that is pure rocks with an atmosphere full of CO2 is full of biomass.

No.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biomass
IUPAC definition
Biomass: Material produced by the growth of microorganisms, plants or animals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biomass_(ecology)
The biomass is the mass of living biological organisms in a given area or ecosystem at a given time.

I don't know what else to say…


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Also could someone please update the title of the thread?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/05/02 19:35:05


Feminism is good. Racism is bad.
Sabbat-pattern helmets best helmets.
If you believe that marines aren't powerful enough on the tabletop to match the fluff, remember that Custodes got rules but Planetary Defense Force don't.
Not buying a product does not work against Marxists. They cite "white males are bad, and are just sexist women haters that live in the basement and move on with their day." They do not care about profits only to acquire more vehicles to infect their politics into.”, ThatMG on Karl Marx's influence on the Russian revolution, 2019 
   
Made in gb
Boom! Leman Russ Commander





The Shire(s)

 Hybrid Son Of Oxayotl wrote:
pm713 wrote:
 Hybrid Son Of Oxayotl wrote:
So the Sisters went to the planet so that the tyranid could come and kill them all? Good plan!

They went there because one of them had a vision. Visions are from the God-Emperor and lead to positive outcomes. So yes, it was a good plan.

Hence the “bad fluff” part.
 Galas wrote:
Biomass=/=Living things.
A planet that is pure rocks with an atmosphere full of CO2 is full of biomass.

No.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biomass
IUPAC definition
Biomass: Material produced by the growth of microorganisms, plants or animals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biomass_(ecology)
The biomass is the mass of living biological organisms in a given area or ecosystem at a given time.

I don't know what else to say…


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Also could someone please update the title of the thread?

Whilst that definition of biomass is correct, the Tyranids have blatantly been shown to eat much more than just biomass, having long been described as leeching minerals out of the ground and consuming the entire atmosphere.

So naturally the Tyranids make less sense than even a lot of other 40k stuff at face value- if they have no need to consume bio organic matter, why do they not just eat a bunch of undefended, "barren" but organically-rich systems whilst avoiding combat at all costs, and only descend on the life of the Galaxy after eating everything else? We know they can eat non-living organic material.

The only logical conclusions are that the 'Nids are either very time-limited and in a rush, or simply supremely illogical (which goes against the whole idea of an immense intelligence in my opinion).

 ChargerIIC wrote:
If algae farm paste with a little bit of your grandfather in it isn't Grimdark I don't know what is.
 
   
Made in fr
Hallowed Canoness





 Haighus wrote:
The only logical conclusions are that the 'Nids are either very time-limited and in a rush, or simply supremely illogical (which goes against the whole idea of an immense intelligence in my opinion).

I think you are overthinking it. I don't mean that, like, you are thinking about it too much and it's bad, I just mean you are thinking it too much compared to how much I want to think about it ^^. It's perfectly fine to think about it this much. I'd rather not and just have some giant space predator eating planets like they were prey for the cool factor, without thinking about what it would actually entails in real life. The tyranids eating the planet so much that they even suck out the atmosphere has some high cool factor. The tyranid sucking out an empty planet doesn't have much cool factor, quite the opposite, at least to me.

I feel like the tyranid and sisters fighting over an empty lifeless planet doesn't have that cool factor to me, because the stakes just don't feel important. Of course, YMMV, but that's why I don't like much this new fluff ^^.

Feminism is good. Racism is bad.
Sabbat-pattern helmets best helmets.
If you believe that marines aren't powerful enough on the tabletop to match the fluff, remember that Custodes got rules but Planetary Defense Force don't.
Not buying a product does not work against Marxists. They cite "white males are bad, and are just sexist women haters that live in the basement and move on with their day." They do not care about profits only to acquire more vehicles to infect their politics into.”, ThatMG on Karl Marx's influence on the Russian revolution, 2019 
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

Not much new shown at warhammerfest, but first painted Sister of Battle, as well as her sprue and what looks like a test print of the Seraphim. In the seminar they said they’re still on track for a 2019 release, and the scenic base sister will still be getting released ahead of the main release (but didn’t say what form that advanced release would be).


Spoiler:



Edit: spoilered large photo. Photos aren’t mine, I saw them on Facebook, but I was in the seminar.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/05/12 14:40:17


 
   
Made in gb
Veteran Wolf Guard Squad Leader





If the three month rule applies, I can see them going for August for the preview mini and November for the main release (no new miniatures in December under normal circumstances) based on the ‘still on track’ statement.

"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in de
Storming Storm Guardian





Interesting that the "Kopinski" sister will be plastic. She seems more of a collector model. Maybe she'll become a special character in the new codex.

 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut







Gah - curved flight stand :(

2019 Plog - Dysartes Twitches - 2019 Output

My Twitch stream - going live at 7pm GMT Tuesday & Thursday, 12pm Sunday (work permitting).

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.
 
   
Made in gb
Boom! Leman Russ Commander





The Shire(s)

 stahly wrote:
Interesting that the "Kopinski" sister will be plastic. She seems more of a collector model. Maybe she'll become a special character in the new codex.

I was more surprised that the "Blanche" sister was in resin- the vast majority of GW figures now are plastic, including more limited ones. The only resin I am aware of recently is the Black Library characters, and FW of course.

 ChargerIIC wrote:
If algae farm paste with a little bit of your grandfather in it isn't Grimdark I don't know what is.
 
   
Made in us
Lord Commander in a Plush Chair





Seneca Nation of Indians

I can't help but notice the printing lines on the bolter. Painted, but still not a production model.


This sig was deemed too political for Dakka.
Meanwhile, Cato Sicarius is appearing on Alex Jones.
 
   
Made in fr
Hallowed Canoness





Good spot!

Feminism is good. Racism is bad.
Sabbat-pattern helmets best helmets.
If you believe that marines aren't powerful enough on the tabletop to match the fluff, remember that Custodes got rules but Planetary Defense Force don't.
Not buying a product does not work against Marxists. They cite "white males are bad, and are just sexist women haters that live in the basement and move on with their day." They do not care about profits only to acquire more vehicles to infect their politics into.”, ThatMG on Karl Marx's influence on the Russian revolution, 2019 
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

 BaronIveagh wrote:
I can't help but notice the printing lines on the bolter. Painted, but still not a production model.


Yeah, but the finished sprue and plastic model is in the cabinet.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/12 21:17:25


 
   
Made in de
Poisonous Tomb Scorpion






 Haighus wrote:
 stahly wrote:
Interesting that the "Kopinski" sister will be plastic. She seems more of a collector model. Maybe she'll become a special character in the new codex.

I was more surprised that the "Blanche" sister was in resin- the vast majority of GW figures now are plastic, including more limited ones. The only resin I am aware of recently is the Black Library characters, and FW of course.


Verydian was made when GW thought there was no demand for Sisters and plastic Sisters was just a joke.

Using established artwork for a plastic Sister cuts down on development time and cost and let's them release plastic Sisters as quickly as possible, now that they believe that there is demand.

It's really not much of a mystery.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in us
Awesome Autarch






Keep in mind, Sisters of Battle were originally taken out of continuation (i.e. inventing nothing new) because they sold extremely poorly when they were out the first time. I suspect times and technology have changed enough and GW's selling more minis than ever that they can afford to take a risk --- but Sisters players better buy a ton. If it's a sales flop you'll never see another release...ever, lol.


 
   
Made in us
Charging Dragon Prince





West Lafayette, IN

 Elbows wrote:
Keep in mind, Sisters of Battle were originally taken out of continuation (i.e. inventing nothing new) because they sold extremely poorly when they were out the first time. I suspect times and technology have changed enough and GW's selling more minis than ever that they can afford to take a risk --- but Sisters players better buy a ton. If it's a sales flop you'll never see another release...ever, lol.



The ONLY reason I never started a Sisters army is because of how much I detest pewter miniatures. So much so that I'm actively replacing everything metal from every army I own.

www.classichammer.com

For 4-6th WFB, 2-5th 40k, and similar timeframe gaming

Looking for dice from the new AOS boxed set and Dark Imperium on the cheap. Let me know if you can help.
 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
Its AoS, it doesn't have to make sense.
 
   
Made in ca
Battle-tested Knight Castellan Pilot





Vancouver BC Canada

 BaronIveagh wrote:
I can't help but notice the printing lines on the bolter. Painted, but still not a production model.


Hummm nice find. But I wonder it look like atlest some of the model is painted in the new contrast colours. The bolter itself looks like a quick photoshop. Its only on the bolter and handle. The bolter hand doesnt have the rapid prototype lines just the handle and bolter.

I wonder if the metal just didnt look right right and they photoshopped in bolter?

CATS- How are you gentlemen?
CATS- All your base are belong to us.
CATS- You are on the way to destruction.
Captain -What you say?
CATS- You have no chance to survive make your time.
CATS HA HA HA!!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Hi%20Welcome



 
   
Made in au
Dakka Veteran




The flight stand D: I just hope they do at least some of them on foot, on the ground.
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Agile Revenant Titan





London, UK

If they're on flight stands, that'll be the height they'll be required to play them with for tournaments, they won't do a mixture.

5000 Fir Farillecassion Eldar W/L/D 4th Ed Codex - 14/7/1 6th Ed Codex - 9/1/0 7th Ed Codex - 4/1/1 8th Ed Codex - 10/4/2
2000 Hive Fleet Zenith
Excavating eBay: My blog of eBay finds and the pile of shame!
Instagram, follow if you dare!
 
   
Made in fr
Hallowed Canoness





Why so much hate for the new flightstand? I haven't seen them in person so I don't understand.

 Elbows wrote:
Keep in mind, Sisters of Battle were originally taken out of continuation (i.e. inventing nothing new) because they sold extremely poorly when they were out the first time.

Source on this?

(Also genestealer cults were even taken out of production, unlike Sisters, and look where they are now!)

Feminism is good. Racism is bad.
Sabbat-pattern helmets best helmets.
If you believe that marines aren't powerful enough on the tabletop to match the fluff, remember that Custodes got rules but Planetary Defense Force don't.
Not buying a product does not work against Marxists. They cite "white males are bad, and are just sexist women haters that live in the basement and move on with their day." They do not care about profits only to acquire more vehicles to infect their politics into.”, ThatMG on Karl Marx's influence on the Russian revolution, 2019 
   
Made in au
Dakka Veteran




 Tyranid Horde wrote:
If they're on flight stands, that'll be the height they'll be required to play them with for tournaments, they won't do a mixture.


Probably will skip them myself then, Unless they are a must have unit. :( Since i only get them for display anyway if not in kill team.
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Agile Revenant Titan





London, UK

I hear they're pretty fragile for the Space Marine models but maybe the sisters will suit them better.

5000 Fir Farillecassion Eldar W/L/D 4th Ed Codex - 14/7/1 6th Ed Codex - 9/1/0 7th Ed Codex - 4/1/1 8th Ed Codex - 10/4/2
2000 Hive Fleet Zenith
Excavating eBay: My blog of eBay finds and the pile of shame!
Instagram, follow if you dare!
 
   
Made in se
Executing Exarch






 Just Tony wrote:
 AndrewGPaul wrote:
 EnTyme wrote:
 Thargrim wrote:
IMO Blanches artwork is the heart and soul 40k was originally built on, like it or not.


I keep hoping that one day people will realize that art is subjective, and we aren't required to like the same art style they are. Blanche's style is polarizing to say the least. I consider it to be dated and overly busy. It's okay if you like it, but I just don't.


That's fair, but it's still true that his art and style is fundamental to the look of 40k and AoS. He's been providing artwork, art direction and concept art for 30-odd years, after all. You not liking it won't change that.


If they have him doing design work/style work in the background, that's great. What I'd like is for them to stick with their really good artists and give this cat a job simply working background concepts. Have him sit there and design a new race, then let other people do the finished product.


That's exactly how it works. You won't see any of his Kharadron Overlords artwork in any GW publications, but he did design them. When was the last time you saw a new piece of art by Blanche in any GW publication? Instead you'll see brilliant pieces by in-house artists like Kevin Chin or Paul Dainton (the latter being one of my favourite GW artists ever). And nowadays, less and less outsourced crap (which was all over the place when AoS was released).

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2019/05/13 10:50:34


 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Trustworthy Shas'vre





Leicester

 Hybrid Son Of Oxayotl wrote:
Why so much hate for the new flightstand? I haven't seen them in person so I don't understand.

 Elbows wrote:
Keep in mind, Sisters of Battle were originally taken out of continuation (i.e. inventing nothing new) because they sold extremely poorly when they were out the first time.

Source on this?

(Also genestealer cults were even taken out of production, unlike Sisters, and look where they are now!)


Instead of the old flight stands, which have a very secure peg and socket arrangement, the new ones have a tiny (like 1-2mm square) flat, which you’re supposed to just glue to the surface of the model. This is terrible because; a) there is nowhere near enough contact area to get a solid connection and b) means you can no longer easily remove the flight stand, making them an absolute pain to transport. Particularly given that point a) makes them very fragile. It’s a very odd misstep by GW, because they’re normally quite good at considering gaming use for models.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Oh and c) because of the curve, it’s very difficult to support the model on the stand whilst the glue sets, which compounds a) even further.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/13 11:47:57


DS:80+S+GM+B+I+Pw40k08D+A++WD355R+T(M)DM+
 Zed wrote:
*All statements reflect my opinion at this moment. if some sort of pretty new model gets released (or if I change my mind at random) I reserve the right to jump on any bandwagon at will.
 
   
Made in gb
Princeps of the Emperor's Titan!






I've got £10 sez the Kopinski model will be the new Store Anniversary model.

I have it on good authority one is coming, and seems a decent way to push it, and create extra demand.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives?Why not join us?

 
   
Made in fr
Trazyn's Museum Curator





on the forum. Obviously

 BaronIveagh wrote:
 Galas wrote:
Biomass=/=Living things.


A planet that is pure rocks with an atmosphere full of CO2 is full of biomass.




In-consumable biomass, however, which makes it useless for the hive fleets.


Don't tyranids consume water and minerals as well? I remember reading that.

What I have
~4100
~1660
: LM

Westwood lives in death!
Peace through power!

A longbeard when it comes to Necrons and WHFB. Grumble Grumble

 
   
Made in nl
[MOD]
Indomitable Hell Rider of Glorious Renown






Cozy cockpit of an Imperial Knight

Kindly take the fluff debates elsewhere.

Latest one: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/05/13/battle-sister-bulletin-part-7-your-first-painted-battle-sistergw-homepage-post-4/

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/13 12:13:48


Be ash and cinder forevermore!

V - 11 | T - 3 | 敗 - 40

DakkaDakka | Where you thank the mods for baning you! 
   
Made in es
Skilled SDF-1 Pin-Point Barrier Jockey






 Hybrid Son Of Oxayotl wrote:
Why so much hate for the new flightstand? I haven't seen them in person so I don't understand.

- You must glue them, because they don't have a peg, just an uneven end.
- They are flimsy and break easily
- They don't stay glued very well because the contact point is small as gak and can be subject to a lot of stress.

Basically it's like they looked at the old one's good points and went "yeah, those are too good" (they weren't; just in comparison).
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





GW are really dragging this out with minimal content aren't they.


 Elbows wrote:
Keep in mind, Sisters of Battle were originally taken out of continuation (i.e. inventing nothing new) because they sold extremely poorly when they were out the first time.
Seems unlikely given they had a second wave of model releases.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/13 12:37:26


 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

A.T. wrote:
GW are really dragging this out with minimal content aren't they.
They seem to have lost their bottle when it comes to previews. I mean, the Warhammer Fest that we just had spent a good chunk of its time showing us stuff we've already seen.

   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: