Switch Theme:

Age of Sigmar News & Rumors. p.296 Orruk Warclans. p.299 Bonereapers.  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord






 Kanluwen wrote:
 Alpharius wrote:
...a little late with that victory lap, aren't you?

Seriously. From the day we saw Archaon, it should have been abundantly clear to anyone with a lick of common sense that Slaanesh wasn't getting "squatted".

Spoiler:
The idea was always moronic on a conceptual level, downright stupid given that Slaanesh is in the very first AoS rulebook.

"Putting a statement in quotations makes it seem more legitimate."
--Bette R. Withname

Imagine three people with the same set of values but radically different emotional states, each of them believes their position is more valid than the other two, they all post using the same account, and your job is to make it coherent. 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




UK

A lot of people also glossed over the fact that whilst Slaanesh in AoS was imprisoned the Hosts of Slaanesh were very much active and around.

Heck Daughters of Khaine spend a LOT of time fighting them off.


I think many fail to realise that the Chaos Gods don't actually do all that much in the mortal world; its the Greater and Exalted Demons who do the real legwork in day to day corruption. Even The Great Horned One is the same; he appears but a handful of times, the rest of the time its the Verminlords who do all the work and compete for their own lords attention.

In fact with Slaanesh imprisoned there's a lot of story value there in competition within their own ranks as various Greater Demons take different pathways - some just going nuts; some searching for their Prince, others deciding that its time for a new ruler!

A Blog in Miniature - now featuring reviews of many new Black Library books (latest Novellas) 
   
Made in au
Jealous that Horus is Warmaster




Australia

Sotahullu wrote:
Well Keeper of Secrets is no longer available, if nobody hasn't already said about it.

And I am quite sure that Hedonist are announced on Sunday, if not earlier.


It is still available online in many stores, including my own, Australia. I wouldn't leap to conclusions just yet

Sons of Horus 29th Company 
   
Made in gb
Eternally-Stimulated Slaanesh Dreadnought





 Marshal Loss wrote:
Sotahullu wrote:
Well Keeper of Secrets is no longer available, if nobody hasn't already said about it.

And I am quite sure that Hedonist are announced on Sunday, if not earlier.


It is still available online in many stores, including my own, Australia. I wouldn't leap to conclusions just yet


Well I just checked the UK store and it's gone there as well.
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




UK

They'll be running down stock of it and the others most likely - and since we know the Keeper has a new model makes sense that instead of remaking the old they pump production into the new one - esp as the old is undersized now

A Blog in Miniature - now featuring reviews of many new Black Library books (latest Novellas) 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




I hope they redo the hellstriders. I know it's a lost cause but not needed to be ranked up they could make them look a lot nicer.
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





the hellstriders are probably the core style they might decide to replicate for the new slaanesh cultists
   
Made in gb
Eternally-Stimulated Slaanesh Dreadnought





 aracersss wrote:
the hellstriders are probably the core style they might decide to replicate for the new slaanesh cultists


You are most likely correct, looking at the artwork they are building off the hellstriders. Just like nighthaunt they based their designs from the cairn wrath model.
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




well I don't mind the armored versions but maybe they could look a little better on the saddle.
   
Made in au
Jealous that Horus is Warmaster




Australia

 shinros wrote:
 Marshal Loss wrote:
Sotahullu wrote:
Well Keeper of Secrets is no longer available, if nobody hasn't already said about it.

And I am quite sure that Hedonist are announced on Sunday, if not earlier.


It is still available online in many stores, including my own, Australia. I wouldn't leap to conclusions just yet


Well I just checked the UK store and it's gone there as well.


I'm not disputing that. My point however is that even if Hedonites are up for preorder next weekend, the past has shown time and time again that things being out of stock or unavailable (even on lots of sites) means absolutely nothing.

Sons of Horus 29th Company 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




 Kanluwen wrote:
 Alpharius wrote:
...a little late with that victory lap, aren't you?

Seriously. From the day we saw Archaon, it should have been abundantly clear to anyone with a lick of common sense that Slaanesh wasn't getting "squatted".

Spoiler:

Slaanesh's sigil is right there.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Sotahullu wrote:
I am very skeptical on seeing Slaangors.

I'm 50/50.

We've seen quite a bit of mention with regards to Slaangors and Pestigors in fluff for 40k of late.

Is it? WHERE?! HOW DO YOU FIND ANYTHING IN THAT MESS? WHO MADE A HORSE INTO THAT? WHY!?

tremere47-fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate, leads to triple riptide spam  
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord






pm713 wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
 Alpharius wrote:
...a little late with that victory lap, aren't you?

Seriously. From the day we saw Archaon, it should have been abundantly clear to anyone with a lick of common sense that Slaanesh wasn't getting "squatted".

Spoiler:

Slaanesh's sigil is right there.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Sotahullu wrote:
I am very skeptical on seeing Slaangors.

I'm 50/50.

We've seen quite a bit of mention with regards to Slaangors and Pestigors in fluff for 40k of late.

Is it? WHERE?! HOW DO YOU FIND ANYTHING IN THAT MESS? WHO MADE A HORSE INTO THAT? WHY!?
-It is
-On the shield
-You look closely at the details
-The horse did that to himself
-Because he devoured the essence of three greater daemons

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/04/19 06:10:18


"Putting a statement in quotations makes it seem more legitimate."
--Bette R. Withname

Imagine three people with the same set of values but radically different emotional states, each of them believes their position is more valid than the other two, they all post using the same account, and your job is to make it coherent. 
   
Made in us
Revenant Pirate Crew






Huh. I never noticed the heads were greater daemon heads before. I just kind of took them to be random beastial heads.

 
   
Made in de
Poisonous Tomb Scorpion






 NinthMusketeer wrote:
pm713 wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
 Alpharius wrote:
...a little late with that victory lap, aren't you?

Seriously. From the day we saw Archaon, it should have been abundantly clear to anyone with a lick of common sense that Slaanesh wasn't getting "squatted".

Spoiler:

Slaanesh's sigil is right there.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Sotahullu wrote:
I am very skeptical on seeing Slaangors.

I'm 50/50.

We've seen quite a bit of mention with regards to Slaangors and Pestigors in fluff for 40k of late.

Is it? WHERE?! HOW DO YOU FIND ANYTHING IN THAT MESS? WHO MADE A HORSE INTO THAT? WHY!?
-It is
-On the shield
-You look closely at the details
-The horse did that to himself
-Because he devoured the essence of three greater daemons


To be fair, it's a very small icon on a cluttered shield on a cluttered Everchosen who gets lost on his gigantic mount with similarly styled extra icons carved into the edge of its armor. And the studio paintjob isn't helping.

Slaangors would be cool, but I'm ever pessimistic about Slaanesh releases, so I'd just like to see confirmation that we'll get mortal followers at all.

OK, I'd like them to look good on top of that, but you know, one step at a time.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord






 Geifer wrote:
To be fair, it's a very small icon on a cluttered shield on a cluttered Everchosen who gets lost on his gigantic mount with similarly styled extra icons carved into the edge of its armor. And the studio paintjob isn't helping.

Slaangors would be cool, but I'm ever pessimistic about Slaanesh releases, so I'd just like to see confirmation that we'll get mortal followers at all.

OK, I'd like them to look good on top of that, but you know, one step at a time.
Oh and I don't disagree, that's why I said "look closely at the details" instead of just "look." Also agreed


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 AduroT wrote:
Huh. I never noticed the heads were greater daemon heads before. I just kind of took them to be random beastial heads.
Each god suspected Archaon might betray him and serve one of the others, thereby each god demanded Archaeon betray the others and serve only him instead. Archaon refused each in turn, and when he did they sent a mighty champion to kill him. That went predictably, Dorghar devoured their essences, and grew into what he is now (that is the same mount from the WHFB model). Slaanesh was imprisoned at the same and did not send a champion, thus no Slaaneshi head (though there is some debate that it may simply be 'placed elsewhere'). After that the gods decided Archaon was a cool guy again and he resumed his normal activities of being everything Abbadon wishes he was.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/04/19 07:28:54


"Putting a statement in quotations makes it seem more legitimate."
--Bette R. Withname

Imagine three people with the same set of values but radically different emotional states, each of them believes their position is more valid than the other two, they all post using the same account, and your job is to make it coherent. 
   
Made in gb
Been Around the Block




 Marshal Loss wrote:
 shinros wrote:
 Marshal Loss wrote:
Sotahullu wrote:
Well Keeper of Secrets is no longer available, if nobody hasn't already said about it.

And I am quite sure that Hedonist are announced on Sunday, if not earlier.


It is still available online in many stores, including my own, Australia. I wouldn't leap to conclusions just yet


Well I just checked the UK store and it's gone there as well.


I'm not disputing that. My point however is that even if Hedonites are up for preorder next weekend, the past has shown time and time again that things being out of stock or unavailable (even on lots of sites) means absolutely nothing.

Things going out of stock itself isn't a herald of anything. But when the WARHAMMER community has started promoting the coming of a new range and we have seen the new sculpts it's as sure thing that the out of stocks are because the new plastics are due very soon.
   
Made in gb
Boosting Space Marine Biker





Scotland

Is it Hedonist or Hedonites?
   
Made in jp
Regular Dakkanaut




 Gael Knight wrote:
Is it Hedonist or Hedonites?



“ Hedonites of Slaanesh” is the name for the tome.

   
Made in de
Battlefield Tourist






Nuremberg

Urgh, really? They have WoW-Diablo naming disorder real bad at GW these days.

   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





Can we stop for a moment and appreciate how good a model the Slaanesh Lord on demonic steed is? A modern plastic version would be pretty cool as well, think plastic Abaddon -> new Abaddon, but that's mainly because he/she is now Finecast instead of metal.

Mortals in the style of the Hellstriders would be a great addition, but with nothing but demons shown in the recent teaser I don't know if it'll happen? Maybe as a I-can't-believe-it's-not-Slaanesh Warcry band. If there are none, I guess Kairics+Hellstriders with a sprinkling of DoK and Idoneth bits would work really well.

PS: The GW site shows three sprues for the Hellstriders, but two of those are the same, just flipped, giving you only 4 fiends. So there has to be a different actual third sprue. Can someone please tell me how many heads and shields you get in a box?

Looking for a Skaven Doomwheel banner to repair my Nurgle knights.  
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




UK

The Lord on Steed suffers, in my view, from the same issue that all the Seeker riders suffer. The steeds are too small and the rider has a very toy/forced like riding pose. Compare to the old seekers where the deamonette was more hugging its back and mounted atop and the seeker; proportionally, was bigger.

I'd love to see those models all reworked with larger mounts and a more dynamic pose for the rider on each.

That said I agree the old lord on demonic mount is great and if they ever re-did the model I'd hope they'd keep it as is - rows of breasts and all.

A Blog in Miniature - now featuring reviews of many new Black Library books (latest Novellas) 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





Personally I think Daemonettes look a lot better proportionally on their mounts than the Hellstriders do.
They are smaller and aren't giant muscled men wearing leg armour. The Striders look like they are going to snap the backs of their steeds at any moment.


   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




UK

Fully agreed, the striders just look like they are really poorly designed. It wouldn't surprise me if they were originally designed for another mount and then GW decided to just put them on seekers as well.
I'd also wager the test seeker was the one with its head and neck raised up - that at least looks a little better. The ones with the head low and then right down look like the hellstrider is jsut going to fall right off or snap the seeker in half.


A Blog in Miniature - now featuring reviews of many new Black Library books (latest Novellas) 
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Overread wrote:
The Lord on Steed suffers, in my view, from the same issue that all the Seeker riders suffer. The steeds are too small and the rider has a very toy/forced like riding pose. Compare to the old seekers where the deamonette was more hugging its back and mounted atop and the seeker; proportionally, was bigger.

I'd love to see those models all reworked with larger mounts and a more dynamic pose for the rider on each.

That said I agree the old lord on demonic mount is great and if they ever re-did the model I'd hope they'd keep it as is - rows of breasts and all.


I agree on the relative sizes, but not on the posing. The relaxed pose of the lord is IMO very regal and fitting for a Slaanesh champion.

I brought the model up because of the artwork in the community article - where the steed itself is enlarged quite a bit, as you propose. My dream remake would keep the lord basically as is, but really enlarge the steed (I think the nickname from people here would not play nice with the forum rules) and make it more dynamic. The contrast of the statue-like lord and a crazily twisting and shifting worm-snake monster works on the model as is, but crank it up a bit and you get perfection.

Looking for a Skaven Doomwheel banner to repair my Nurgle knights.  
   
Made in gb
Princeps of the Emperor's Titan!






Really hoping we get a glimpse of the mortal followers of Slaanesh soon.

So far, they’ve done a good job on the other Chaos factions, giving each a more distinct look from each other.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives?Why not join us?

 
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord






I really like the hellstriders, they are among my favorite Slaanesh models and if I got back into them it would be so I could spam them as an army and have it actually work.

 Da Boss wrote:
Urgh, really? They have WoW-Diablo naming disorder real bad at GW these days.
Hey! GW did terrible names before it was cool!

Also, I think they get more crap than they really deserve for that given it's low-hanging fruit. Obviously they push it into ridiculous territory, but "hedonite" instead of "hedonists" works pretty well. It channels the idea of hedonism but also implies a religious devotion rather than just a school of thought, perfect for Slaanesh.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Binabik15 wrote:
PS: The GW site shows three sprues for the Hellstriders, but two of those are the same, just flipped, giving you only 4 fiends. So there has to be a different actual third sprue. Can someone please tell me how many heads and shields you get in a box?
As I recall from back in my Slaanesh days, its 5 regular shields plus one champion shield that is fused to his arm. There are a bunch of heads, like 5-6 helmeted and 5-6 unhelmeted.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2019/04/19 13:25:27


"Putting a statement in quotations makes it seem more legitimate."
--Bette R. Withname

Imagine three people with the same set of values but radically different emotional states, each of them believes their position is more valid than the other two, they all post using the same account, and your job is to make it coherent. 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




UK

I think hellstriders were 2 different units back in the day, its only now that they are sort of merged together (which could well change in the battletome)

A Blog in Miniature - now featuring reviews of many new Black Library books (latest Novellas) 
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord






 Overread wrote:
I think hellstriders were 2 different units back in the day, its only now that they are sort of merged together (which could well change in the battletome)
One unit with two equipment options. Suffered from being too many points for a unit that was fast as hell but kind-of just died when they got there.

"Putting a statement in quotations makes it seem more legitimate."
--Bette R. Withname

Imagine three people with the same set of values but radically different emotional states, each of them believes their position is more valid than the other two, they all post using the same account, and your job is to make it coherent. 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




UK

their current rule where they get another attack for the whole game every turn that they kill less than a dice roll suggests that they might still be a bit like that if they don't get a good few rolls on that dice early on.

It's a rule that I hope vanishes as its very unreliable and I think harkens back to the more jovial launch rules. The problem being it means that they are always underperforming and that they actually need to perform weakly and be used poorly early on (or only character hunt)

A Blog in Miniature - now featuring reviews of many new Black Library books (latest Novellas) 
   
Made in es
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain




Vigo. Spain.

I hope the slaanesh MORTALS go more grecorroman.
The BDSM things works better for demons or 40k cultists, but if I imagine one fantasy society that would be into adoring slaanesh as their god, I would think in decadent grecoroman ones, like the old slaanesh lord in demonic mount, just like Tzeench mortals go with the egyptian look of esoteric cultist with gods that are giant men with animal heads.
The new Demon Prince gives me hope that could be the case.

 Crimson Devil wrote:

Dakka does have White Knights and is also rather infamous for it's Black Knights. A new edition brings out the passionate and not all of them are good at expressing themselves in written form. There have been plenty of hysterical responses from both sides so far. So we descend into pointless bickering with neither side listening to each other. So posting here becomes more masturbation than conversation.

ERJAK wrote:
Forcing a 40k player to keep playing 7th is basically a hate crime.

 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: