Switch Theme:

Shieldwolf Miniatures - Official News thread (WolfCast production page #90!)  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





 adamsouza wrote:
Given GWs pricing trend of keeping the plastic as expensive as their finecrap counterparts, and their comfort with releasing 5 model infantry boxes for $40, I dare say that a 20 model box of suitable sisters proxies for $40 would still have it's place in the market.

If the guns are removable, and you could easily fit a meltagun/flamer in their hands, they would be ideal replacements for troops and elite choices


I was basing the pricing on the £25 space marine 10 men tactical squads for the various legions, but yes if they bring them out 5 for £25-£35 like the new Sisters of Silence and Custodes then Shieldwolf's £22 box of 20 "rank and file" wil most probably still have a place of proxies, but imagine if Shieldwolf could make their 20 box of Sisters Of Talliareum "multi-pose" like almost all the sci-fi hard plastic sprued squad minis i have seen or own, they could be the number one seller rather than trying to pick up the scraps from GW and maybe Raging Heroes "not SoB" resin troops(as i think they are "multi-pose"), as neither of those two could match the price on 20 "multi-pose" miniatures(technically GW could but it would undermine all their other prices),

With the price of making hard plastic minis being expensive Shieldwolf will only get one shot at this and they should be striving to do the best they to take that crown, i get what they are thinking about by saving money using the same base sprue for both fantasy and sci-fi as moulds are expensive, but is saving a few thousand dollars in the short term worth it in the long term! personally i think both fantasy and sci-fi are strong enough to have their own KS.
   
Made in gr
Dakka Veteran





The price of all our boxed plastic sets will remain 25 euros per box, unless we change the number of minis in the boxes or alter something else. We find it a very reasonable price and we try our best to maintain that :-)

In the meanwhile we are working again on plenty of things; resculpting weaponry, tabards, head versions etc. Poses are also worked on more. Then there's the patent office, which on the contrary of the last time -for reasons we can't explain this time- is literally dragging itself for the process. We should have cleared all paperwork and secured our new designs again by December. The project unfortunately will not launch in December as it's a horrible period for KS from what we know. All the above, and the fact that 2018 will probably see us changing quite a few things compared to our 2017 schedule, baptize current status as "very interesting" from our point of view:-D

With the occasion, we'd like to inform that from November 21st 2017 FRP Games/Golden Distribution has been erased from our list of collaborators http://www.shieldwolfminiatures.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=71 since the American company failed to comply with the minimum requirements of our T.o.T., an unfortunate outcome in our collaboration as they had the monopoly for the distribution in the USA. Our customer base outside Europe for the time being will have to be serviced directly from our retailers or the Shieldwolf webstore.
The good news is that another European retailer stepped in to also carry our range, the Goblin trader http://www.goblintrader.es/23910100-Shieldwolf-Miniatures thus having now two different distributors from Spain.

   
Made in us
[DCM]
Chaplain with Hate to Spare





SoCal

What did FRP do?


   
Made in gr
Dakka Veteran





 BobtheInquisitor wrote:
What did FRP do?

I'm not at liberty to disclose that information. We thank them for the past collaboration and wish them all the best in their future plans.

   
Made in se
Longtime Dakkanaut






 Shieldwolf Miniatures wrote:
Then there's the patent office, which on the contrary of the last time -for reasons we can't explain this time- is literally dragging itself for the process.
Patent?
Are you sure you don't mean the trademark office?

   
Made in gr
Dakka Veteran





 Zywus wrote:
 Shieldwolf Miniatures wrote:
Then there's the patent office, which on the contrary of the last time -for reasons we can't explain this time- is literally dragging itself for the process.
Patent?
Are you sure you don't mean the trademark office?


Well, my wording might be wrong but they always refer to it as patent and not trademark. The name is OBI (Οργανισμός Βιομηχανικής Ιδιοκτησίας) Office of Industrial Property and in Greek they are interested in (quote)
Βιομηχανικό σχέδιο είναι η εξωτερικά ορατή εικόνα του συνόλου ή μέρους ενός βιομηχανικού ή βιοτεχνικού προϊόντος, η οποία προκύπτει από τα ιδιαίτερα χαρακτηριστικά που έχει (π.χ. η γραμμή, το σχήμα, το χρώμα κλπ).
which would translate in something like (help me Lord, lol)
Industrial design is the exterior visible image of the whole or partial of an industrial or biotechnical product, which results from the special characteristics which it has (e.g. the line, the shape, the color etc).


Patents - allow you to stop third parties from making, using or selling your invention for a certain period depending on the type of invention
Trademarks - protect the name of your product by preventing other business from selling a product under the same name
http://europa.eu/youreurope/business/start-grow/intellectual-property-rights/index_en.htm

   
Made in se
Longtime Dakkanaut






 Shieldwolf Miniatures wrote:
 Zywus wrote:
 Shieldwolf Miniatures wrote:
Then there's the patent office, which on the contrary of the last time -for reasons we can't explain this time- is literally dragging itself for the process.
Patent?
Are you sure you don't mean the trademark office?


Well, my wording might be wrong but they always refer to it as patent and not trademark. The name is OBI (Οργανισμός Βιομηχανικής Ιδιοκτησίας) Office of Industrial Property and in Greek they are interested in (quote)
Βιομηχανικό σχέδιο είναι η εξωτερικά ορατή εικόνα του συνόλου ή μέρους ενός βιομηχανικού ή βιοτεχνικού προϊόντος, η οποία προκύπτει από τα ιδιαίτερα χαρακτηριστικά που έχει (π.χ. η γραμμή, το σχήμα, το χρώμα κλπ).
which would translate in something like (help me Lord, lol)
Industrial design is the exterior visible image of the whole or partial of an industrial or biotechnical product, which results from the special characteristics which it has (e.g. the line, the shape, the color etc).


Patents - allow you to stop third parties from making, using or selling your invention for a certain period depending on the type of invention
Trademarks - protect the name of your product by preventing other business from selling a product under the same name
http://europa.eu/youreurope/business/start-grow/intellectual-property-rights/index_en.htm

I see. IP law can be a bit confusing at the best of times

Patents, as noted, concern inventions. So that would be applicable if you had came up with some all-new process of pouring resin or some such technical solution, while design rights feel more like something that would be relevant to your models (which will overlap some with copyright as well).

   
Made in us
Speedy Swiftclaw Biker




 Zywus wrote:

I see. IP law can be a bit confusing at the best of times

Patents, as noted, concern inventions. So that would be applicable if you had came up with some all-new process of pouring resin or some such technical solution, while design rights feel more like something that would be relevant to your models (which will overlap some with copyright as well).


Looks like ShieldWolf is talking about design patents here, not utility patents. (I'd make an all Greek to me joke, but they posted a translation.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_patent



   
Made in es
Capable VF-1J Valkyrie Junior Officer






 Zywus wrote:
 Shieldwolf Miniatures wrote:
 Zywus wrote:
 Shieldwolf Miniatures wrote:
Then there's the patent office, which on the contrary of the last time -for reasons we can't explain this time- is literally dragging itself for the process.
Patent?
Are you sure you don't mean the trademark office?


Well, my wording might be wrong but they always refer to it as patent and not trademark. The name is OBI (Οργανισμός Βιομηχανικής Ιδιοκτησίας) Office of Industrial Property and in Greek they are interested in (quote)
Βιομηχανικό σχέδιο είναι η εξωτερικά ορατή εικόνα του συνόλου ή μέρους ενός βιομηχανικού ή βιοτεχνικού προϊόντος, η οποία προκύπτει από τα ιδιαίτερα χαρακτηριστικά που έχει (π.χ. η γραμμή, το σχήμα, το χρώμα κλπ).
which would translate in something like (help me Lord, lol)
Industrial design is the exterior visible image of the whole or partial of an industrial or biotechnical product, which results from the special characteristics which it has (e.g. the line, the shape, the color etc).


Patents - allow you to stop third parties from making, using or selling your invention for a certain period depending on the type of invention
Trademarks - protect the name of your product by preventing other business from selling a product under the same name
http://europa.eu/youreurope/business/start-grow/intellectual-property-rights/index_en.htm

I see. IP law can be a bit confusing at the best of times

Patents, as noted, concern inventions. So that would be applicable if you had came up with some all-new process of pouring resin or some such technical solution, while design rights feel more like something that would be relevant to your models (which will overlap some with copyright as well).


Heh. Here in Spain you'd need to go to the “Oficina de Patentes" for either.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/11/26 23:04:05


 
   
Made in es
Capable VF-1J Valkyrie Junior Officer






In case anyone's interested, I've noticed that the Shieldmaidens and the new GW's Escher parts mix decently enough:


   
Made in gb
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

Spoiler:
 Albertorius wrote:
In case anyone's interested, I've noticed that the Shieldmaidens and the new GW's Escher parts mix decently enough:




oh thats good to know Nicely done

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/12/27 16:52:59


"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in ca
Mighty Kroxigor Ancient





California the Southern

Oooh. That is good to know!

Mine have been having to make do with Sisters of Silence bits. These should give them much more variety!

Poorly lit photos of my ever- growing collection of completely unrelated models!


http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/627383.page#7436324.html 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Chaplain with Hate to Spare





SoCal

That is awesome.

   
Made in gb
Stubborn Dark Angels Veteran Sergeant





Teesside

Very cool. They end up looking a bit like updated "Space Amazons": http://rogueheresy.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/space-amazon-rt601-adventurers.html

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2017/12/27 20:56:07


My painting & modelling blog: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/699224.page

Serpent King Games: Dragon Warriors Reborn!
http://serpentking.com/

 
   
Made in au
Destructive Daemon Prince





Melbourne .au

Great idea - thanks for that! The Escher come with a ton of extra weapons and heads, so it's good to know that the SW figures work with them.

   
Made in us
Krazed Killa Kan






Columbus, Oh

Anyone know where I can pick up "10" of those Shieldwolf maidens still on sprue? I dont NEED a full box.. but if I have to, where could I find them in the USA...

2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

Order of St Ursula (Sisters of Battle): W-2, L-1, T-1
Get of Freki (Space Wolves): W-3, L-1, T-1
Hive Fleet Portentosa (Nids/Stealers): W-6, L-4, T-0
Omega Marines (vanilla Space Marine): W-1, L-6, T-2
Waagh Magshak (Orks): W-4, L-0, T-1
A.V.P.D.W.: W-0, L-2, T-0

www.40korigins.com
bringing 40k Events to Origins Game Fair in Columbus, Oh. Ask me for more info! 
   
Made in es
Capable VF-1J Valkyrie Junior Officer






highlord tamburlaine wrote:Oooh. That is good to know!

Mine have been having to make do with Sisters of Silence bits. These should give them much more variety!


BobtheInquisitor wrote:That is awesome.


Ian Sturrock wrote:Very cool. They end up looking a bit like updated "Space Amazons": http://rogueheresy.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/space-amazon-rt601-adventurers.html


Azazelx wrote:Great idea - thanks for that! The Escher come with a ton of extra weapons and heads, so it's good to know that the SW figures work with them.


Thanks! I have a boatload of these gals, so I'm always on the lookout for nice conversion fodder for them, as the regular sprues are nice and all, but really not very varied. I can use these ones pretty easily as ratskins for example, or as medieval world IG, or as post-apoc raiders.... lots of possibilities, with these.
porkuslime wrote:Anyone know where I can pick up "10" of those Shieldwolf maidens still on sprue? I dont NEED a full box.. but if I have to, where could I find them in the USA...

Unless someone ones to sell you some, I don't think there is a way. I don't really know where you'll be able to find them in the USA, sorry. Maybe Shieldwolf itself could help you?
   
Made in gr
Dakka Veteran





 Albertorius wrote:
porkuslime wrote:Anyone know where I can pick up "10" of those Shieldwolf maidens still on sprue? I dont NEED a full box.. but if I have to, where could I find them in the USA...

Unless someone ones to sell you some, I don't think there is a way. I don't really know where you'll be able to find them in the USA, sorry. Maybe Shieldwolf itself could help you?


The USA distributor was dismissed a couple of months ago I'm afraid.
All one has to do is contact us however and we'll try our best to be of service. :-)

On another matter, we are proud to have sponsored yet another tournament, this time in Belgrade, Serbia (MMXVII Victor Singidunumi—T9A Tournament) .
While this is not really news (as many will witness that we supported almost all tournaments that came into contact with us in 2017), what makes this tournament a bit more special is that we were informed that Best Painted Army this year belonged to Mitar Stajic, which included our twin-headed dragon.
Congratulations to Mitar for the lovely work and to everyone else who partecipated in promoting this hobby we love so much, thank you!





With the occassion we'd lke to inform also for our next project regarding the armies of the Sisters of Talliareum and Faith, there will be a notification in the coming weeks to inform our Kickstarter backers who actively supported us but we'll be posting here on Dakka as well.
You will witness yourselves that 2018 will see big differences compared to our 2016-17 schedules.

   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




Seems like a dead topic but are we looking to see a revamped Kick Starter? I will say I was pretty crushed when the last one got flushed as I was really looking forward to expanding my non GW sisters army, especially with some vehicles
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





angel of death 007 wrote:
Seems like a dead topic but are we looking to see a revamped Kick Starter? I will say I was pretty crushed when the last one got flushed as I was really looking forward to expanding my non GW sisters army, especially with some vehicles


They have been in the comments a couple of times recently and left this comment after i asked about it..

"Hello @Tom and @ALL! :-)
We will be posting updates here for our next project regarding the armies of the Sisters of Talliareum and Faith (there will be a notification in the coming weeks to inform you all).
The company has decided for 2018 to implement some major differences compared to our 2016-17 schedules. We'll see how things go :-)"

So yeah hopefully soon we will hear more from them about the plans of the re-launch
   
Made in gr
Dakka Veteran





angel of death 007 wrote:
Seems like a dead topic but are we looking to see a revamped Kick Starter? I will say I was pretty crushed when the last one got flushed as I was really looking forward to expanding my non GW sisters army, especially with some vehicles

Anything but dead, rest assured. Updates on Kickstarter will go up (probably) this month and (certainly) the next that will cover all you need to know. :-)

Edit: Finished working on this in the meanwhile and working on more for 2018.


This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/15 11:51:13


   
Made in au
Innocent SDF-1 Bridge Bunny





Brisbane, Australia

Guys, I remember there was talk that shieldmaidens and warmaidens would have compatible parts, good for alternative weapons and headswaps.

In light of warmaidens being backburnered for now, is there any potential for a shieldmaiden weapon kit for those of us who want to create a wider variety of figures?

So many games, so little time.

So many models, even less time.

Screw it, Netflix and chill. 
   
Made in gr
Dakka Veteran





@Micky
What would you suggest?

   
Made in au
Innocent SDF-1 Bridge Bunny





Brisbane, Australia

Either as a half-sized plastic sprue attached to the next KS, or just a resin upgrade pack?

Something like that anyway. A Shieldmaiden/Warmaiden alternative weapon pack.

With or without arms is your call (although if they had hands moulded to weapons that'd at least make conversion easier).


Would let you finally get spears like a lot of backers wanted, and possibly more axes, daggers, etc as well.

So many games, so little time.

So many models, even less time.

Screw it, Netflix and chill. 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





 Micky wrote:
Either as a half-sized plastic sprue attached to the next KS, or just a resin upgrade pack?

Something like that anyway. A Shieldmaiden/Warmaiden alternative weapon pack.

With or without arms is your call (although if they had hands moulded to weapons that'd at least make conversion easier).


Would let you finally get spears like a lot of backers wanted, and possibly more axes, daggers, etc as well.


I think a lot of people would be pleased to get spears and extra base sprue weapons!
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




North Carolina

 Original Timmy wrote:
 Micky wrote:
Either as a half-sized plastic sprue attached to the next KS, or just a resin upgrade pack?

Something like that anyway. A Shieldmaiden/Warmaiden alternative weapon pack.

With or without arms is your call (although if they had hands moulded to weapons that'd at least make conversion easier).


Would let you finally get spears like a lot of backers wanted, and possibly more axes, daggers, etc as well.


I think a lot of people would be pleased to get spears and extra base sprue weapons!


Spears/polearms would be great. Also left ha fed weapons. It would be nice to have the war maidens dual wielding 2 weapons and for the rangers to have a weapon their offhand instead of just an empty fist. Pointing hands or arms would also be great.

Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
 
   
Made in us
Stone Bonkers Fabricator General






Home Base: Waconia, MN (Minneapolis)

What those three said. Spears/Polearms, extra CC weapons like axes, and some left handed weapons. A sprue of such would go a long way toward me actually building my ladies. I was seriously disappointed when there were no spears as I missed that comment in that section.

Best Painted (2015 Adepticon 40k Champs)

They Shall Know Fear - Adepticon 40k TT Champion (2012 & 2013) & 40k TT Best Sport (2014), 40k TT Best Tactician (2015 & 2016) 
   
Made in us
Mighty Kroxigor Ancient





California the Southern

If we get weapon sprues, I get more ladies. Simple as that.

I built a lot, swapped and traded a lot, and have actually run out of m original kickstarter supply.

Heck, a mini kickstarter for just a weapon sprue or two would be kind of cool!

Poorly lit photos of my ever- growing collection of completely unrelated models!


http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/627383.page#7436324.html 
   
Made in gr
Dakka Veteran





Spoiler:
 Micky wrote:
Either as a half-sized plastic sprue attached to the next KS, or just a resin upgrade pack?

Something like that anyway. A Shieldmaiden/Warmaiden alternative weapon pack.

With or without arms is your call (although if they had hands moulded to weapons that'd at least make conversion easier).


Would let you finally get spears like a lot of backers wanted, and possibly more axes, daggers, etc as well.

Spears would have to be metal or plastic, we try to avoid doing this type of weaponry in resin when possible. And given the fact we don't work with metal it points towards plastic only.
Doing a KS for something like that is out of the question though; Shieldwolf Miniatures is going to be using KS for more substantial projects for which additional help is needed (i.e. funding a sprue upgrade is way within the company's abilities).

We have been working on adding more videos for the history of our world in the meanwhile, this is part-1 uploaded just yesterday, part-2 should be shown shortly too and has to do with the Sisters of Talliareum (our fantasy paladin faction) as we close to revealing what we have been working on the past 4 months. We hope you enjoy it as we tried giving it a more characterful narration on top of our written scripts.
Besides Krumvaal and Talliareum, we also aim to release more on our other races (Araves and Kingdom of Hell leading the rest) who have also been crying for attention. Comments and questions are welcome. :-)


   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





Posted over on their FB yesterday along with this comment in the comment section of pic.

"Shieldwolf Miniatures We'll be posting an update next month with ALL you'll need to know.
Edit: Stay tuned and you will NOT be dissapointed."



https://www.facebook.com/415230871893106/photos/a.416382308444629.97141.415230871893106/1575074515908730/?type=3&theater

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/28 15:29:36


 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: